PDA

View Full Version : Alok in ICL

Omio
October 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
He is simply awesome, He is the highest scorer in this tournament so far,
I think BCB should bring him back at any cost. We need some one like him in our middle order.

tonoy
October 28, 2008, 01:57 PM
Would be a great no 5 batsmen in my opinion.

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
you are absolutely right.

He is definately batting "in the zone"

Tehsin
October 28, 2008, 02:20 PM
Cost r ki? All they have to do is lift that ban and voila. The question is, once Kaps puts on the BD jersey, will the weight of it pull him down to Ash level? That could be the biggest handicap with all of our National players. Can't handle the pressure of representing their own nation. The expectations of 140-200 Million folks will definitely scare the socks out of me too.

He is simply awesome, He is the highest scorer in this tournament so far,
I think BCB should bring him back at any cost. We need some one like him in our middle order.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 02:24 PM
Cost r ki? All they have to do is lift that ban and voila. The question is, once Kaps puts on the BD jersey, will the weight of it pull him down to Ash level? That could be the biggest handicap with all of our National players. Can't handle the pressure of representing their own nation. The expectations of 140-200 Million folks will definitely scare the socks out of me too.

That is a very valid point.

Murad
October 28, 2008, 02:24 PM
Shobai BCB er dosh dei.

Alok was considered to be a permanent no.5/6 in our ODI eleven. If he didn't retire, he would have been playing all the matches now. He was doing well.

So whose fault is this? BCB's or Alok's?

WarWolf
October 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
Shobai BCB er dosh dei.

Alok was considered to be a permanent no.5/6 in our ODI eleven. If he didn't retire, he would have been playing all the matches now. He was doing well.

Both are responsible.

bdchamp20
October 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
Shobai BCB er dosh dei.

Let's decide shall we. You recieve a lucrative offer which will solve all your financial problems but at the same time it will stop you from doing what you love. You go to your boss to discuss this hoping he will motivate and consolidate you instead he says 'Good for you. Before you leave let me know and don't worry about your replacement, I have tons of people in the junior departments who can do the job better than you.' What would you do?

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 08:47 PM
Interesting trend all this - most of our london bashi deshi folks are really hooked to the ICL brigade of DW, more so than the others (with exceptions, perhaps).

But none the less, very interesting.

One World
October 28, 2008, 08:56 PM
Siddons could not really take loosing Alok normally. By his touch probably Kapali found himself one more time.

I think Kapil did not have much hopes while including Dhaka team in ICL other than another international market it would gain.

But DW eventually proved everyone wrong, they are now roaring on the neck of Lahore Bad "Shahs" to get semi final berth.

Beyond all expectations, with such pathetic pace line up DW has been able to surprise everyone home and abroad. Like it or not Kapali definitely has the top role in this venture.

akabir77
October 28, 2008, 09:20 PM
Alok scoring in ICL
Rokon, Tusher scoring for A team

whats new?

akabir77
October 28, 2008, 09:24 PM
Let's decide shall we. You recieve a lucrative offer which will solve all your financial problems but at the same time it will stop you from doing what you love. You go to your boss to discuss this hoping he will motivate and consolidate you instead he says 'Good for you. Before you leave let me know and don't worry about your replacement, I have tons of people in the junior departments who can do the job better than you.' What would you do?

And you believe that? May be he went to his boss and demanded team lead position and pay raise more than the boss? What would his boss say to him?

shabbir
October 28, 2008, 09:41 PM
money talks.have you seen dhaka warriors fielding,commitment in icl.have you seen alok or others in their national days.they were totally flop master.also you have to see bowling attack in ICL.maximums are indian 2nd grade bowler or retire international player.

tiger_omar
October 28, 2008, 10:08 PM
Shobai BCB er dosh dei.

Yes, but for how long would his position be secure for? With our instable selectors, just a few poor matches would probably get him out of our one day side for another debutant.

Remember also that once he was ommited from the national squad in 2002, I think, he wasn't able to regain his spot until a really long time, even though he was doing fairly well in the NCL from what I hear.

I don't really blame Kapali for taking the money and going to ICL. He is probably set for life, financially, and he's still playing cricket and seems like having a good time with DW. I don't think that compares to the pride you get for representing the country, but a man's gotta do what he's gotta do and you can't really fault him for that.

tiger_omar
October 28, 2008, 10:09 PM
Also... Really nice to see Alok perform well in the ICL. He's been probably the best batsman of the tournament and has had some fine entertaining innings. Good work Alok!

akabir77
October 28, 2008, 10:57 PM
Alok playing ICL = no objection
Alok a big miss for BD = BIG Objection

shabbir
October 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
Alok is now history for bd.forget him.........

djnaved
October 28, 2008, 11:43 PM
ekta jinish bujtachi na IPL cholle ICL cholbe na keno? BCCI board mone hoi amader khub help kore? last 8 yrsea amra kobe indiai test series khelte gechi? BCCI hoilo raja amra hoilam golam, kintu majhe moddhe golam keu kichu buddhi apply korte hoy......

yaseer
October 29, 2008, 03:43 AM
Alok Kapali has hitted the highest number of Sixes (14) in the ICL so far. Next is Marshall with 10 and Marshall has played one game more than Kapali.

shabbir
October 29, 2008, 07:41 AM
Alok hitted 14 sixes in 5 icl matches
he hitted only 10 sixes in 65 odi.out of that 5 sixes was against india in last asia cup.his odi average was 17.so you can imagine how inconsistent he was in international matches.

auntu
October 29, 2008, 07:48 AM
alok hitted 14 sixes in 5 icl matches
he hitted only 10 sixes in 65 odi.out of that 5 sixes was against india in last asia cup.his odi average was 17.so you can imagine how inconsistent he was in international matches.

[বাংলা]বাবারে দুইটার মানের তফাৎ যে আসমান জমিন সেটা বুঝতে হবে না?[/বাংলা]

ikthiander
October 29, 2008, 08:13 AM
as salaamu alaikum, nice post djnaved bhai. amra aar koto din bcci er paye tel malish korbo ke jane.

MohammedC
October 31, 2008, 07:22 PM
All time ICL most sixes chart. Alok Kapali is already on 13th place but played only quarter of the matches than people on the top of the list. He is only 11 sixes behind the leader. Excellent stats.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/icl/engine/records/batting/most_sixes_career.html?id=111;type=trophy

FagunerAgun
November 3, 2008, 01:25 PM
Alok will be a million dollar man soon.

bdchamp20
November 3, 2008, 01:28 PM
And you believe that? May be he went to his boss and demanded team lead position and pay raise more than the boss? What would his boss say to him?
Bhai all he wanted was a central contract. Even Mahmudullah and Dhiman with no solid performances behind them were given contracts by the BCB.

And I'm pretty sure Alok isn't that stupid to go to Bagh mama and ask to be captain.

Ajfar
November 3, 2008, 10:49 PM
i heard SN naki bolse...or MOM er scooter...naki or bou re dibe.. sorry no real source...

auntu
November 3, 2008, 11:10 PM
as salaamu alaikum, nice post djnaved bhai. Amra aar koto din bcci er paye tel malish korbo ke jane.

[বাংলা]ওল্লাহু আলেম। (আল্লাহই ভাল জানেন)[/বাংলা]

akabir77
November 3, 2008, 11:39 PM
Bhai all he wanted was a central contract. Even Mahmudullah and Dhiman with no solid performances behind them were given contracts by the BCB.

And I'm pretty sure Alok isn't that stupid to go to Bagh mama and ask to be captain.

I might sound like i am supporting bagh mama but i am not. but as a fan i wanted to see him more consistent before awarding anything. he had a free ride last time and many here in bc wanted him to play for A team 1st and academy before doing his come back and siddons was working on him. but once he got the offer he took it which i don't blame him but i am not going to blame anyone else but him for thing position/situation.

al Furqaan
November 4, 2008, 12:28 AM
ICL is a third division type league.

think about it, a team with nazim, bashar, tapash, sharif is consistently winning games (and by wide margins too).

nuff said of the quality. if ash played he'd be hitting 100s with reckless abandon and ppl would start threads demanding his re-instatement ASAP.

tonoy
November 4, 2008, 12:47 AM

think about it, a team with nazim, bashar, tapash, sharif is consistently winning games (and by wide margins too).

nuff said of the quality. if ash played he'd be hitting 100s with reckless abandon and ppl would start threads demanding his re-instatement ASAP.

Following your logic, Aftab should have an average of atleast 50+. And yet we still notice the same average as before. Its only Alok that has improved his game. All the others are still the same as we have noticed before but a just a bit more confident.

Murad
November 4, 2008, 12:55 AM
Well said ASaad bhai.

Ashraful er jei catch gulo boundary line e dhore,,ogulo ICL ground e bishaaal chokkha hoye jeto..

Aftab o Aftab. O bhua hoye geche. Pasa ekta koto boro..Kalker match e pasai haat diyese..ar pasar shob gosto lortesilo :lol: It showed how fat he became in last 4-6 months. Or haat jeno ekhon shokti e nai jhore bat korar.

tonoy
November 4, 2008, 01:04 AM
Pasa ekta koto boro..Kalker match e pasai haat diyese..ar pasar shob gosto lortesilo :lol: It showed how fat he became in last 4-6 months. Or haat jeno ekhon shokti e nai jhore bat korar.

you noticed that too?:lol: Yeah, hes gained quite a few pounds. In fact, they all did.

roaring tigerz
November 4, 2008, 01:25 AM

it's true that most icl team's do not have a lot of depth. but there are enough quality players in almost every team to make alok's performance noteworthy. for one, the quality of this league is far superior to any of our domestic 20/20 tournament. yet, when have we seen any of our national cricketers dominate consistently? give credit where it's due. kapali has been playing like a man on a mission. he had a point to prove and is doing it quite clinically...

sunny747
November 4, 2008, 03:08 AM
Heard from some source that DW might sell alok in the next season for some huge amount of transfer fee to other team. mark my word.

Shehwar
November 4, 2008, 03:30 AM
Interesting trend all this - most of our london bashi deshi folks are really hooked to the ICL brigade of DW, more so than the others (with exceptions, perhaps).

But none the less, very interesting.

I think one of the main reasons is the live coverage of every DW game on sky for free!

Shaan
November 4, 2008, 03:47 AM

Base on your logic then Razzak form Pak and Kemp from SA should have hitted 12 in every single ball in this league, but we don't see that. I don't think Ash is better then Razzak and Kemp in hitting sixes and performance wise.

BD-Shardul
November 4, 2008, 04:40 AM
Currently Oille is leading the Most runs table with 308 runs at an average of 61.00 and strike rate of 154.77.

BD-Shardul
November 4, 2008, 04:41 AM
On the other hand, Mohammad Rafique is leading the Most Wickets table with 12 wickets at an average of 16.08 and economy rate of 7.32.

I still feel that had Mohamaad Rafique played the Chittagong Test against NZ, we would have won that test.

PlanetPak
November 4, 2008, 10:31 PM
Alok Kapali is a very fine cricketer and far better than most of the current Bangladeshi cricketers in the national side INCLUDING the captain.

Murad
November 4, 2008, 10:44 PM
Currently Oille is leading the Most runs table with 308 runs at an average of 61.00 and strike rate of 154.77.

Not anymore.

Marshal is way ahead of him at the moment.

Marshal also ahead of him in 50+ scores. He currently has 4 and Alok has 2. He also has the highest average among the top run scorers.

auntu
November 5, 2008, 01:03 AM
Alok Kapali is a very fine cricketer and far better than most of the current Bangladeshi cricketers in the national side INCLUDING the captain.

u have a full length over pitched delivery to smack to the boundary when u r going to compare anyone with Ash right now.

thebest
November 6, 2008, 01:04 AM
it's true that most icl team's do not have a lot of depth. but there are enough quality players in almost every team to make alok's performance noteworthy. for one, the quality of this league is far superior to any of our domestic 20/20 tournament. yet, when have we seen any of our national cricketers dominate consistently? give credit where it's due. kapali has been playing like a man on a mission. he had a point to prove and is doing it quite clinically...
I have one question can you provide me Alok's domestic 20/20 performance? He is a choker. Can not handle the pressure? I wonder where were these strokes in 20/20 wc when he choked us to death.
With the exception of Bond none of the ICL players were automatic selection of their national team at the time of their signing. Most of them were not even regular in their FC team. So there was enough quality player does not hold true. Inzi, Razzak, Vincent, Saqi, Russel Arnold, Benkenstien were already passed their sell date by the time they join ICL. Cairns, Astle , McMillan Hick already retired from FC cricket till ICL money bring them. Beside Bond, only Kemp and Rana Naved were in the national team or periphery of national team.