PDA

View Full Version : AUS vs IND : 3rd Test

yaseer
October 29, 2008, 05:28 AM
India has dropped Harbhajan from the side to fit in Kumble. Though Harbhajan took 5 wickets in the 2nd test (2+3). Poor fellow.

While I am creating this thread the score is India 257/3 in their 1st innings. Gambhir has made a century and still batting.

MysoreHuli
October 29, 2008, 05:30 AM
Congrats to Gambhir on a fantastic century. His second consecutive century against Australia.

MysoreHuli
October 29, 2008, 05:31 AM
Harbhajan was dropped due to a toe injury. Infact Mishra was supposed to sit for Kumble.

yaseer
October 29, 2008, 05:33 AM
Harbhajan was dropped due to a toe injury. Infact Mishra was supposed to sit for Kumble.

o i see......didn't know about that.
What a timely injury for Kumble.

MysoreHuli
October 29, 2008, 05:39 AM
o i see......didn't know about that.
What a timely injury for Kumble.

With 55 wickets in just 6 matches at an avg of 15 guess nothing could have stopped Kumble from playing in this ground. Just badluck to Harbhajan.

yaseer
October 29, 2008, 05:47 AM
Australia is missing a spinner in this tour.

yaseer
October 29, 2008, 05:50 AM
77.5 Katich to Laxman, no run, tossed up, Laxman drives back to Katich, who fumbles, the ball ricochets down to Johnson at mid-on, Laxman is halfway down the track before he sees Gambhir waving him back, Johnson doesn't hit the stumps and Haddin gets hurt as he collects, got some bad bounce, something has happened between Katich and Gambhir, the bowler is red-faced and hurling abuses at Gambhir, so Bowden intervenes

What is happening? Another racial kind of thing?

Nocturnal
October 29, 2008, 01:47 PM
296/3 at stumps day one. good start by india. Congrats GG!!

Tigers_eye
October 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
77.5 Katich to Laxman, no run, tossed up, Laxman drives back to Katich, who fumbles, the ball ricochets down to Johnson at mid-on, Laxman is halfway down the track before he sees Gambhir waving him back, Johnson doesn't hit the stumps and Haddin gets hurt as he collects, got some bad bounce, something has happened between Katich and Gambhir, the bowler is red-faced and hurling abuses at Gambhir, so Bowden intervenes

What is happening? Another racial kind of thing?
This is just an appetizer. GG will get banned by Board.

auntu
October 29, 2008, 02:31 PM
[বাংলা]এইবার অসিরা মানইজ্জত নিয়ে বাড়ী ব্যাক করতে পারবে কি?[/বাংলা]

One World
October 29, 2008, 11:38 PM
Awesome Tendulkar critical of Saurav's retirement. Soon India will be depriving of quality test batsmen. Only GG would not be sufficient and this series might be the last for a bunch of their top order.

BD-Shardul
October 30, 2008, 12:59 AM
Can anyone tell me "How many test matches India has won on thir home soil when they field first"?

auntu
October 30, 2008, 01:34 AM
[বাংলা]কঠিন অবস্থা রে বাবা। ২য় দিন লাঞ্চে ভারত ৩৯৩/৩। এই সিরিজ ভারত জিতলে তো ভাবের ঠেলায় মাটিতে পা পড়বেনা। [/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
October 30, 2008, 02:27 AM
this is called punishment...I love it!
India 435/4 (124 ov)
GG- 206 - finally Watson gets his man after Partnership- 278
Ci- <table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="603"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">123.6</td> <td width="100%">Watson to Gambhir, OUT, hello, whats this, a wicket? Watson gets Gambhir playing a tired shot, a nothing poke at an innocuous delivery, trying to steer it away towards third man but succeeding in only inside-edging back onto the top of his stumps, Laxman walks down to shake his hand, as do a couple Australians, because what an innings its been, 206 to Gambhir, good stuff to watch </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> G Gambhir b Watson 206 (380b 26x4 1x6) SR: 54.21 </td></tr></tbody></table>

VVS- 130*
Ganguly In.

Punter bowled 2 overs :)

auntu
October 30, 2008, 02:37 AM

Punter bowled 2 overs :)

[বাংলা]হেঃ হেঃ সুখের দিন গুলোর আপেক্ষায়। [/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
October 30, 2008, 03:34 AM
500 up for Ind
India 505/6 (140.0 ov)
VVS- 157*
Captain- 10*
Min overs remaining 39.0

yaseer
October 30, 2008, 04:18 AM
Aussies are out of the game now. Now they can only play for a draw in this match. This means Australia can't win the series as this is the 3rd test and one test to follow. Also they are possibilities of Australia loosing this match, that will be all over for them.

yaseer
October 30, 2008, 04:24 AM
Laxman still 168 not-out and going for another double hundred...............ei beta protibar Australia er sathe ekta dhamaka innings khele.....

auntu
October 30, 2008, 05:45 AM
[বাংলা]হায়রে অসি রুলস, কোথাও কেও নেই।[/বাংলা]

Surfer
October 30, 2008, 12:20 PM
Can anyone tell me "How many test matches India has won on thir home soil when they field first"?

Out of 106 matches that India has played on home soil fielding first, they have won 28, lost 27 and drawn 50.

The stats in the last 5 years- won 4, lost 4, drawn 6.

The stats in the last 10 years- won 12, lost 6, drawn 9.

The stats in the last 20 years- won 18, lost 9, drawn 10.

Before that we sucked even bad.:-p

BANFAN
October 30, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well played India. Two double centuries, wow. Hats off to Laxman & Gambhir. If Ausies bat well in first innings, it is heading for a draw. But the pitch seem to deteriorate fast. Might get interesting.

Surfer
October 30, 2008, 01:00 PM
Well played India. Two double centuries, wow. Hats off to Laxman & Gambhir. If Ausies bat well in first innings, it is heading for a draw. But the pitch seem to deteriorate fast. Might get interesting.

The pitch will be very difficult on day 4 and 5. If Australia want to stay in the match, they have to play extremely well tomorrow.

Beamer
October 30, 2008, 02:11 PM
India is doing to Australia what Australia used to do to other teams. Bat at 4 runs an over, beat the opposing bowlers to submission, and add pressure with a mountain of run ahead. Test cricket is all about quality. Australia simply doesn't have the quality that it had before in numbers.

bdchamp20
October 30, 2008, 02:16 PM
Apparently Hayden has a new batting tactic that he picked up from watching Sehwag and Gambhir. It will be funny if he gets out for a single digit figure once again and it will be even more interesting if he goes to Zaheer, whom he described as ordinary.

Seems like the Aussie dominance is finally coming to an end. It lasted a good 14-15 years. it will be interesting times for cricket as there will be no more one invincible team rather 3-4 really good teams in Australia, India, South Africa and Sri Lanka and matches between them will be great to watch because you can't be sure who'll win.

Great performance by India. Their future really does look bright, they have the most dangerous opening pair in World cricket. The departure of Kumble will open a new gate for them as they have unearthed a good spinner in Mishra and a great captain as Dhoni. And with the retirement of Ganguly and soon hopefully Dravid they can slowly bring in the new generation as well. ATM Kumble is holding them back hopefully he will realize that it would be best for his team if he wasn't playing and retire at the end of the series.

Alien
October 30, 2008, 11:56 PM
Pretty good fight back by Australia. First 100 runs are almost up with no loss of wicket.

sandpiper
October 31, 2008, 12:06 AM
Phew ! There is no such thing as free lunch
28.6 Mishra to Hayden, SIX, maximum! Too short, Hayden gets back and brings up Australia's 100 with a thumping shot, a firmly pulled flat six over midwicket's head, aggressive

Tintin
October 31, 2008, 12:24 AM
Gambhir banned for one Test according to CNN-IBN

karimjay.
October 31, 2008, 01:36 AM
any streaming links?

Nocturnal
October 31, 2008, 01:47 AM
Gambhir banned for a Test :(

Cricinfo staff
October 31, 2008

Gautam Gambhir, the India opener, was banned for one Test on Friday for not conducting play "within the spirit of the game as well as within the laws of cricket". Gambhir was involved in a verbal altercation with Shane Watson, the Australian bowler, and elbowed him in the process.

Gambhir, who pleaded guilty to the Level 2 offence, will miss the final game of the series against Australia in Nagpur from Thursday after match referee Chris Broad told him of the decision before the third day's play. He will miss the fourth Test in Nagpur starting November 6 though he has a day to decide on appealing the decision.

full read (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/story/376236.html)

Tehsin
October 31, 2008, 12:50 PM
India back to their batting glory AT HOME. Beat those tourists up quite bad, didn't they ? I actually didn't expect the Aussies to fight back. Even then, the Indian batsmen maintaned their superioty in this match with Shewag taking three wickets. What's up with the pitch? Nothing in it for the bowlers I assume.

Surfer said pitch will be difficult o nday 4 and 5. There could still be a result (probably India's favor) in this test.

bharat
October 31, 2008, 03:12 PM
Gambhir banned for a Test :(

Cricinfo staff
October 31, 2008

Gautam Gambhir, the India opener, was banned for one Test on Friday for not conducting play "within the spirit of the game as well as within the laws of cricket". Gambhir was involved in a verbal altercation with Shane Watson, the Australian bowler, and elbowed him in the process.

Gambhir, who pleaded guilty to the Level 2 offence, will miss the final game of the series against Australia in Nagpur from Thursday after match referee Chris Broad told him of the decision before the third day's play. He will miss the fourth Test in Nagpur starting November 6 though he has a day to decide on appealing the decision.

full read (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/story/376236.html)

May be I am biased (you guys should help me here) I think the ban was very harsh especially considering that Watson got a mere 10% dock and Katich no mention at all !!

Through out the match, Watson and Katich had a lot of things to say about Gautam's Mother and family .Both Katich and Watson tried to stop Gambhir taking a single.The Match Refree convinently ignores everything of that.

Wondering when was the last time an Aussie got banned from a match? As Tintin mentioned in another thread different cultures react differently to different situations.The Match refree should take that into consideration.You cant expect a person (from the subcontinent) to keep quiet when someone talks abt your family.Thats not sledging for me, its plain abuse !!

Tigers_eye
October 31, 2008, 03:43 PM
May be I am biased ...
You are fine. The problem lies with Kumble. I hope he complaints after the match is over. That would put the ball on Board's court. He (Board) must act then against Katich. Otherwise this will be just as the previous occations.

The amount of matches I followed of Kumble, I don't think he will complain to the Match referee. Hense India has to take the short end of the stick.

bdchamp20
October 31, 2008, 03:45 PM
^^^ Even I feel sorry for Gambhir. Aussies are known to turn sour when they are losing. Remember Watson vs. Tamim and Shakib in the 3rd ODI (although I have to say they handled him better than Gambhir did). That was childish behaviour and I saw the video of these incidents too and it looked pretty similar. If I am right Zaheer was fined 80% for just giving a send off to Hayden? And Watson and Katich only gets 10% for continous abuse and disruption to Gambhir's batting.

But I think GG lost his cool. If he smashed the Aussies and scored a 300 that would be a better reply than a nudge with the shoulder.

bharat
October 31, 2008, 07:23 PM
^^^ Even I feel sorry for Gambhir. Aussies are known to turn sour when they are losing. Remember Watson vs. Tamim and Shakib in the 3rd ODI (although I have to say they handled him better than Gambhir did). That was childish behaviour and I saw the video of these incidents too and it looked pretty similar. If I am right Zaheer was fined 80% for just giving a send off to Hayden? And Watson and Katich only gets 10% for continous abuse and disruption to Gambhir's batting.

But I think GG lost his cool. If he smashed the Aussies and scored a 300 that would be a better reply than a nudge with the shoulder.

Hey I remember that, Tamim the kid gave him a cheecky 'kiss':floor:

And I agree with Tigers_eye, Kumble personifies the old Indian cicketer of being too gentle.What we(subcontinen) need are captains like Ranatunga, Javed Miandad (may be not),Imran,Ganguli or Gavaskar.Maybe Dhoni fits the bill but not Malik or Ask or Jaya(maybe)

Surfer
October 31, 2008, 10:44 PM
India back to their batting glory AT HOME. Beat those tourists up quite bad, didn't they ? I actually didn't expect the Aussies to fight back. Even then, the Indian batsmen maintaned their superioty in this match with Shewag taking three wickets. What's up with the pitch? Nothing in it for the bowlers I assume.

Surfer said pitch will be difficult o nday 4 and 5. There could still be a result (probably India's favor) in this test.

Tehsin, there is quite a bit for the bowlers now and its getting worse for the batsmen day by day. You can say that the Aussies were very lucky not to lose anymore wickets. Several times the batsmen looked clueless but survived. Kumble's ineffectiveness didnt help us....both as a captain and a bowler. He has now sent down more than 80 overs without a single wicket and over the last three series he averages over 75. As a captain, with a total of more than 600 to back him, he somehow forgot to put fielders in attacking positions as edges flew through some regulation catching positions several times.

It was only after Kumble got injured and Dhoni took over that we started getting wickets. Kumble had given the ball to Sehwag who bowled brilliantly only to be removed by Kumble after two overs. As soon as Dhoni took over, he immediately brought Sehwag back, gave him 20 overs and Sehwag produced the wickets.

On day 4 and 5 batsman's life would be difficult. But the problem is that the Aussies have already scored some good runs. If we have to bat again, the chances of a draw increases.

MohammedC
November 1, 2008, 12:25 AM
Its will be draw . Oz are just 2 run behind folllow on target with Five wkt in hand.

Surfer
November 1, 2008, 01:00 AM
Its will be draw . Oz are just 2 run behind folllow on target with Five wkt in hand.

I still dont think so. Australia have fought back, but still India looks like winning it.

sandpiper
November 1, 2008, 06:02 AM
Indian nightwatchman lasted 2 balls :D

One World
November 1, 2008, 06:39 AM
I still dont think so. Australia have fought back, but still India looks like winning it.

Draw or what? Only a day's play left with 2 down and 79 runs ahead.

Surfer
November 1, 2008, 09:25 AM
A draw looks like the biggest possibility from here. Knowing Anil Kumble, India wont go for the kill tomorrow. Especially since we are already leading the series 1-0. Its a must win for Australia, but not India. Australia will most probably try to win. But their chances are very slim. They will have to bowl India out within a session and half tomorrow and then bat very aggressively to win.

bdchamp20
November 1, 2008, 09:46 AM
Day by day I am losing respect for Kumble. Pathetic, he brings himself on at the end so that he can get a few cheap wickets. I remember he did the same in SL. He really needs to go.

bdchamp20
November 1, 2008, 09:50 AM
Hey I remember that, Tamim the kid gave him a cheecky 'kiss':floor:

And I agree with Tigers_eye, Kumble personifies the old Indian cicketer of being too gentle.What we(subcontinen) need are captains like Ranatunga, Javed Miandad (may be not),Imran,Ganguli or Gavaskar.Maybe Dhoni fits the bill but not Malik or Ask or Jaya(maybe)
Dhoni is an aggressive captain through his bowling changes and field settings but his personality isnt aggressive. He doesn't get under the skin of the opposition like Ranatunga, Miandad and Ganguly did. But that is a positive in its own way.

If Yuvraj ever becomes captain that might be interesting.

sbsash
November 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
This match looks like a draw to me.

Surfer
November 1, 2008, 04:22 PM
Dhoni is an aggressive captain through his bowling changes and field settings but his personality isnt aggressive. He doesn't get under the skin of the opposition like Ranatunga, Miandad and Ganguly did. But that is a positive in its own way.

If Yuvraj ever becomes captain that might be interesting.

Thats a big if.....probably way too big for Yuvi. He first has to ensure a place in the test team. And for that he has to improve his game against quality spin. For that he needs to work hard in the nets. How far will natural talent take him?

bujhee kom
November 1, 2008, 11:47 PM
dravid falls...lee's second...india 58/3 after 23 overs....india lead by 94 runs with 7 wkts....
60 overs of play left....wandering if there might be a reult in this match.....

One World
November 2, 2008, 01:09 AM
Turns and twist, what a fight back.

Surfer
November 2, 2008, 01:34 AM
We have made a shameful mess of this game. Kumble must now retire.

yaseer
November 2, 2008, 05:11 AM
Kumble announced his retirement from international cricket

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/376672.html

yaseer
November 2, 2008, 05:14 AM
Kumble opened the bowling for india in Aussie 2nd innings

yaseer
November 2, 2008, 05:24 AM
Mtach Drawn.

Now, Kumble era is gone....Dhoni era will begin.....so will end the era of Dravid, Ganguly and eventually Tendulkar as Dhoni will not allow them in the team.

BANFAN
November 2, 2008, 08:39 AM
Australia batted well in their first innings, it was also helped by indian fielders. There could be no result after that.

Good Bye to Kumble, Dada, The Wall .....

sbsash
November 2, 2008, 08:42 AM
why is Kumble retiring?

auntu
November 2, 2008, 09:59 AM
why is kumble retiring?

[বাংলা]আর কত? বয়স তো কম হয় নাই। উইকেটের জন্য কত কিছুই না করেছে।[/বাংলা]