PDA

View Full Version : Warriors' chances for the semi's

saadquader
November 1, 2008, 02:11 PM
From the current points table, I presume that (with many if's and but's)
1. The Warriors, the Badshahs and the Lions will contend for the fourth place.
2. In the Nov 2 games, Warriors will be most favored if
a. the Badshahs win (Lions lose). That will place four teams in the same points, and probably Warriors will have good run rate advantage.
b. the Champs beat Superstars (less likely), and the Champs are nearly out of contention.
3. Needless to say, we need to win all games forward. There are two of them.

What do you reckon, guys?

Miraz
November 1, 2008, 02:15 PM
If the Badshahs win their match against Lions they will probably move above the Warriors due to better run rate (currently they have +0.404 compared to warriors +0.461).

We will be in the semis if we win our remaining two matches regardless of the outcome of the other matches.

Nafi
November 1, 2008, 03:15 PM
Lets hope for this chance then.

shabbir
November 1, 2008, 09:41 PM
Sun 2
Chandigarh Lions v Lahore Badshahs
lahore should win for dw
Mon 3
Ahmedabad Rockets v Dhaka Warriors
Crucial for DW,they should win by big margin to improve their run rate
Tue 4
Chennai Superstars v Royal Bengal Tigers
they both will qualify,so who ever will win no matter for dw
Wed 5
Chandigarh Lions v Delhi Giants
Giants should win
Thu 6
Hyderabad Heroes v Mumbai Champs
champs should win
Fri 7
Dhaka Warriors v Lahore Badshahs
if DW win this match, I think they will automatically qualify for semis.
Sat 8 Hyderabad Heroes v Royal Bengal Tigers
HEROS Should lose
Sun 9
Ahmedabad Rockets v Chandigarh Lions
Rockets should win
Sun 9 Chennai Superstars v Lahore Badshahs
Chennai should

I think first 3 semifinal place will be for superstar,heroes and tiger.Warriors,Badshaha and lIons are fighting for 4th place

sbsash
November 2, 2008, 08:44 AM
If we can win both then we're making it to the semis for sure.

bdchamp20
November 2, 2008, 08:50 AM
We need Bengal to slip up, their place is not confirmed yet and they have tough fixtures against Chennai and Heroes next. So we can actually finish third.

auntu
November 2, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hope DW make it to the semi

AsifTheManRahman
November 2, 2008, 11:43 AM
The game between the Badshahs and the Lions is going pretty well for us at the moment. The Badshahs are 64/2 after 8 overs in response to the Lions' 136/6. A close win for the Badshahs might just enable us to maintain our position (4th) on the points table, with all teams having played equal number of matches.

Rabz
November 2, 2008, 12:07 PM
DW just simply need to win the next two matches rather than relying on iffy and buts.
Simple as that.
Make it happen rather than waiting for somebody to do it for you.

Murad
November 2, 2008, 12:20 PM
DW slides down to 5th position.

LB moves up to 4th.

Tehsin
November 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
I am not really worried about the current position of DW because at the end of the day, all they have to do is WIN both the matches with decent RR. Position will change from 4 to 3 to 5 but I am more inetersted in the outcome.

Baundule
November 3, 2008, 05:20 AM
1) Win both of the matches - SEMI
2) Win against Rockets, lose against Badshah
- Lion, DW, Badshah and Bengal will fight for the 3rd and 4th place. Lion (better chance of winning against weaker opp) and Badshah (good runrate) are favourites, Bengal will probably lose the next two matches.
- if Bengal wins once more, the will make the 3rd place.
3) Lose against Rocket, win against Badshah
- Badshahs are out. If Bengal loses all, they are out, too. Lions and DW make 3 and 4.
4) Lose both
- See you in the next season!

hoodlum
November 3, 2008, 05:40 AM
let us win both the matches first with decent RR

bdchamp20
November 4, 2008, 12:42 PM
We are back at #3. Bengals thrash the Superstars by 9 wickets and what makes it even more upsetting is that Marshall is now the leading run-scorer by over-taking Alok and Chandana is the leading wicket-taker before Rafique. If Hyderabad win then we are at #4 which means the match against Lahore will be a must-win for the semis. And already I am getting feelings that we will choke in that match.

Tigers_eye
November 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hyderabad is playing lowly Mumbai next. So it is a win (almost). Then the last game they play against bengal. Both with 5 wins. Lahore has a better runrate than ours. So 4-4 will not be enough for DW to go semis. They have to beat Lahore no other option left.

bdchamp20
November 4, 2008, 01:24 PM
Hyderabad is playing lowly Mumbai next. So it is a win (almost). Then the last game they play against bengal. Both with 5 wins. Lahore has a better runrate than ours. So 4-4 will not be enough for DW to go semis. They have to beat Lahore no other option left.
If Delhi can beat Hyderabad then I think Mumbai has a chance too. But that's a very slight chance.

KnightBD
November 4, 2008, 02:17 PM
spot on! A loss against lahore will kick us out of the semis for sure. This is a must win situation for semis :-|

Russell2k7
November 4, 2008, 03:28 PM
Chennai
Bengal
Hyderbad
These three will move on for sure as Hyderbad will most likely beat the Mumbai Chumps. So if the Warriors loose to Badshahs then the semifinal birth will be cleaned bowled.

bdchamp20
November 4, 2008, 03:39 PM
How many of you are absolutely sure we'll beat Lahore on Friday?

auntu
November 5, 2008, 01:07 AM
How many of you are absolutely sure we'll beat Lahore on Friday?

We should win.

RazabQ
November 5, 2008, 02:30 AM
Lahore vs. Dhaka should be a good test for us. Lahore has decent bowling and batting (i.e. lotsa international experience)

auntu
November 5, 2008, 02:57 AM
Lahor's bowling is better than DW's.

sunny747
November 5, 2008, 03:07 AM
Lahore Badshaw is almost like Pakistan A team. i doubt if DW can win this match.

auntu
November 5, 2008, 03:12 AM
It's gonna be a tough fight or very tame one. Because both these team's players have past history of inconsistency.

Tehsin
November 5, 2008, 12:22 PM
It's a must win game from DG going on right now. i did not expect them to get anywhere near 200 in this one. Yet, here they are. Needing 48 runs of 31 balls.

Tehsin
November 5, 2008, 12:36 PM
DG needs 17 runs in 12 balsl to win this one.

cricman
November 5, 2008, 12:48 PM
5 off 1 needed

Rabz
Its a Tie!!
They gonna have a bowl-out!!!

C'mon DG.

cricman
It's a Tie!!!!

So are there Bowloffs in the ICL?

Tehsin
November 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
DG messed up in the end.. let's see how the bowl out goes ...

Rabz
November 5, 2008, 12:58 PM
Benkenstain to bowl first......

Rabz
November 5, 2008, 12:59 PM
....and he misses....

Rabz
November 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
Chandis misses too....

so, 0-0 still....

Rabz
November 5, 2008, 01:01 PM
Murtaza hits....
u beauty....

delhi goes 1 up...

Rabz
November 5, 2008, 01:02 PM
chandis misses again!!!
delhi 1 -0 chandi

Rabz
November 5, 2008, 01:05 PM
delhi strikes again....!!
2-0 up...
chandis got to hit this one...must...

Rabz
November 5, 2008, 01:06 PM
Delhi wins...
delhi wins...!!
what a win boys....!!

helps Dhaka most....
ha ha...

good game..switching on to BD game now....

Tehsin
November 5, 2008, 01:07 PM
DG wins.... I didn't realize it was this hard to bowl at the stumps. :) Good result for DW

Roni_uk
November 5, 2008, 01:10 PM
DG won.. yahoooo... we are still number 3 :)

Tehsin
November 5, 2008, 02:08 PM
All DW needs now is to beat LB outright for a guaranteed spot in the semis.

What if DW loses? Here's how the others work out:

- Lions loss today put them in a tought position. not only do they have to win, they will have to WIN BIG, and I mean BIG. At the same time, DW will have to lose big as well.
- Heroes play champs and tigers. Interesting here. if they win against Tigers, Tigers will be in trbl due to lower RR. A win maybe enough for Heroes and that would put DW in trouble.
- Badshahs play DW and Chennai. They have to beat DW No matter what. A win against Chennai will be necessary to have a shot at the semis. That is, if they lose to DW and Heroes lose both their games.

Tigers_eye
November 5, 2008, 02:40 PM
All DW needs now is to beat LB outright for a guaranteed spot in the semis.

What if DW loses? Here's how the others work out:

- Lions loss today put them in a tought position. not only do they have to win, they will have to WIN BIG, and I mean BIG. At the same time, DW will have to lose big as well.
- Heroes play champs and tigers. Interesting here. if they win against Tigers, Tigers will be in trbl due to lower RR. A win maybe enough for Heroes and that would put DW in trouble.
- Badshahs play DW and Chennai. They have to beat DW No matter what. A win against Chennai will be necessary to have a shot at the semis. That is, if they lose to DW and Heroes lose both their games.
Shoja hishab. next match Quarter final match. That's it. Harley baad.

AsifTheManRahman
November 5, 2008, 03:08 PM
Shetai. Just beat the hagu out of them and get it over with.

Baundule
November 6, 2008, 05:16 AM
Now the competition is among 5 teams:
Chennai, Bengal, Hydrabad, DW and Lahore.

We must win against LB. Then comes the other equations, hopefully the good run rate would speak for us.

saadquader
November 6, 2008, 10:36 AM
Sh*t man! the heroes are past 200.. i wanted champs to win :(

BANFAN
November 6, 2008, 11:26 AM
Now the competition is among 5 teams:
Chennai, Bengal, Hydrabad, DW and Lahore.

We must win against LB. Then comes the other equations, hopefully the good run rate would speak for us.

LB has a good RR, better than DW. RBT & Hydra has a poorer RR than DW. There is no shortcut for DW, they have to win against LB. Then wait for LB/RTB/Hydra to lose their next match.

Tehsin
November 6, 2008, 12:42 PM
Wow. NONE of the IFs and BUTTs worked out. The LB vs DW match is now the unoffical quarter final match. DW has to win it to advance.

Baundule
November 6, 2008, 12:43 PM
After Hydrabad's big win, we have no alternative than winning the next match.
Chennai, Hydrabad and Bengal are now sure for the semi, irrespective of the results of the remaining matches.
The fight is between Lahore and DW. If DW wins, LB is out. If DW loses, LB needs to lose by huge margin against Chennai.

BD-BLAST
November 6, 2008, 12:58 PM
The team has to beat them Pakis.......Down with the Pakis!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the Lawhore Badshas!!!

Go DW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chaliya Jao!!!! and Fatao

Russell2k7
November 6, 2008, 03:23 PM
Chennai
Bengal
Hyderbad
These three will move on for sure as Hyderbad will most likely beat the Mumbai Chumps. So if the Warriors loose to Badshahs then the semifinal birth will be cleaned bowled.

There you go. Its a must win against the Lahore Badasses.

Eshen
November 7, 2008, 01:49 PM
Warriors still have a chance - if Lahore loses its last match against Chennai (currently the top team of the league) badly enough to have its Net RR drop bellow DW's, DW can sneak into semis.

bdchamp20
November 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
Warriors still have a chance - if Lahore loses its last match against Chennai (currently the top team of the league) badly enough to have its Net RR drop bellow DW's, DW can sneak into semis.
Can you put that in numbers by giving us a scenario? Like how big must Chennai win?

If it's something like Chennai must score 200 and bowl out Lahore for 100 then there's no point of raising false hopes.

Russell2k7
November 7, 2008, 03:08 PM
If chennai gets 200 then Lahore needs to be bowled around 130ish. So u can forget about it.

Orpheus
November 8, 2008, 11:16 PM
It's time to bury this forum.

Russell2k7
November 8, 2008, 11:22 PM
hhaha yes dhulai mishi geche.

Shehwar
November 9, 2008, 09:03 AM
Whatever Lahore gets ... Chennai needs to chase it down in 11 overs and Dhaka will be through...Thats the equation guys...

qwert
November 9, 2008, 10:14 AM
Whatever Lahore gets ... Chennai needs to chase it down in 11 overs and Dhaka will be through...Thats the equation guys...

oh well than there is no way chennai can make those runs in 11 overs because at the moment LB have 158-3 in 16 over

qwert
November 9, 2008, 10:51 AM
well now there is no way dhaka warrior could go to Semi-Final now because LB did 211/4 20.0 Over

Ajfar
November 9, 2008, 11:25 AM
i think dhaka warriors did an awesome job...the first couple matches took us to get settle in...i think they will do good in the ICL world series

sbsash
November 9, 2008, 12:05 PM
Chennai has to beat Lahore in order for the Warriors to go to the semis

sbsash
November 9, 2008, 12:46 PM
well,Chennai lost so Warriors chnces are over.

yaseer
November 9, 2008, 12:57 PM
Chances were over practically when DW lost to Badshahs. As badshah had better run-rate, they needed to loose very very badly today to give DW any chances for semi. Which was never on the cards. When Badshah scored 200 today....well it was officially all-over for DW.

FagunerAgun
November 9, 2008, 05:31 PM
Even though DW did not go to Semi, I am happy and delighted to watch their last few games. I think they need one strike bowler to improve from a mediocre bowling.
I hope they will do better next year, and all the way to semi finals.

brockley
November 9, 2008, 06:16 PM
Commiserations to the fans the warriors put up a good fight.Maybe next time,maybe a few new players too.

BD-BLAST
November 10, 2008, 04:25 AM
The Dhaka Warriors gave us a big DHOKA at the end. When it was required the most they ran out of gas, played liked losers and gave it all way just at the very end.

But they did make a good account for themselves with some good victories.

I hope next time they improve and do better, but not at the cost of luring current national players.

auntu
November 10, 2008, 12:18 PM
[বাংলা]খেল খতম।[/বাংলা]

Tehsin
November 10, 2008, 12:57 PM
Dhaka DHOKA dei ne, they finally played against a team with overall (instead of just 4 to 5 quality playersper team) quality team. They did well considering this was their first attempt, it took them a couple of matches to get in the groove (hence, lost those first couple of matches) of 20/20 and they did well considering they had the pace bowling handicap. Kapali lead from the front and his confidence rubbed off onto his teammates and that I believe made the difference.