PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Cricket and ICL

ZunaidH
November 2, 2008, 09:37 AM
Not sure how many of you are seriously following ICL. In the light of what Dhaka Warriors have achieved up to now is very promising and gives me the feeling that Bangladesh cricket can only benefit from ICL. Point in case:

Alok's confidence: The few occasions I have seen (live or video) Alok Kapali bat for Bangladesh, he used to walk in the middle nervouse, scared and lacking in confidence - clearly visible. Those of you have seen any of the Dhaka Warriors matches, Alok Kapali is a totally transformed perosn - his body language, broad smile and confidence in the middle is a truth to be admitted. I say soon he is getting a call from IPL. In the 20/20 form of the game Alok can be an asset to Bangladesh cricket.

Shahriar Nafees; Agani a transformed new man. His footwork has evolved. He is picking up fuller lenght balls lot better and seems that his hand eye coordination has evolved into a more aggressive force.

What's the point in banning these players. For any failures Bangladesh have had in the international outfit in the last 8 years, the party I would make responsible is BCB. Wonder what can I do to ban BCB really?

I am all for ICL exodus. Let's see Dhaka Warriors get a few quality bowlers from Australia/England/South Africa. Go Warriors!

Tigers_eye
November 2, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hello ZunaidH,
There are lots of discussion going on about ICL in the ICL sub-forum.

By the way, T20 style of thinking will doom BD cricket's future. Keep it as far as possible from BD cricket's proper structure. I want patience as the strongest character to our BD players.

Alok, Aftab, SN, Nazimuddin are T20 players. They are better off there. Please take Ash with you guys.

Please redirect this thread to the proper destination.

auntu
November 2, 2008, 10:43 AM
How can it help BD while playing T20 against crappy bowlers in not so good pitches in a small ground !!??

Nafi
November 2, 2008, 11:03 AM
How can it help BD while playing T20 against crappy bowlers in not so good pitches in a small ground !!??

Ignorance...

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 11:20 AM
In the same note, let's ban all the domestic leagues in Bangladesh.

Shaan
November 2, 2008, 11:26 AM
So, Shane bond, Navedul Hasan, Shabbir ahmed are crappy, I think from now on we need to learn new dimension of cricket which will suite you people.

AsifTheManRahman
November 2, 2008, 11:36 AM
50 over cricket is too boring to survive for too long. If we must have a short version of the game, it has to be T20's; and what better way to promote it than staging leagues involving multinational clubs?

The ICL may not have players of the same quality as international cricket, but it can certainly boast of the competitive nature that international matches lack.

bdchamp20
November 2, 2008, 11:42 AM
In the same note, let's ban all the domestic leagues in Bangladesh.
Post of the century! Excellent reply Eshen bhai!

Green Tea
November 2, 2008, 11:42 AM
What do you think about T10(10 over) game. It will be more exciting.

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 11:44 AM
When renowned BUET professors take on foreign jobs and leave, no one calls them traitors. We even applaud them when they receive recognition from foreign institutes they work for. Why can't we take the same approach to ICL cricketers? Obviously, exodus of cricketers, who were not even national team regulars, can't hurt the nation as much as exodus of our top educators.

Orion
November 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
I have no problem with ICL but Alok and the rest chose to resign from the Bangladesh team first and then signed for ICL and they did not even respond to the call of BCB to discuss things before they left for India. I understand they are professionals and money is important but they simply turned their backs on the hand that fed them. In no other career are you given free training and a opportunity to develop. BCB developed these players from obscurity through the academy, a-teams and all the other programs for cricket players. Alok has been given so many chances again and again despite not performing that it is a joke that he is complaining of unfair treatment. He was a part of both the test and ODI team when he resigned. I would rather not have players who are talented but will not give anything to play for his country. He is a traitor and should be treated as such. No one would know him if it wasn't for Bangladesh cricket and by turning his back towards his country and his fans, he deserves nothing either. He can stay in ICL all his life and earn as much money as he want but he will never earn the respect of a true cricketer playing in low class 20-20 games.

tiger_army
November 2, 2008, 11:52 AM
ICL is far more competitive then our Domestic league. And i just love the way our cricketers are bouncing back in the competition.Our BD team played in Busta Cup in WI and some tournaments in India before. but DW performence is far better then those teams

bdchamp20
November 2, 2008, 11:54 AM
Hello ZunaidH,
There are lots of discussion going on about ICL in the ICL sub-forum.

By the way, T20 style of thinking will doom BD cricket's future. Keep it as far as possible from BD cricket's proper structure. I want patience as the strongest character to our BD players.

Alok, Aftab, SN, Nazimuddin are T20 players. They are better off there. Please take Ash with you guys.
What you say is true.

But a thing that used to be missing from players like Alok, Aftab, SN is the confidence and the winning mentality. They don't believe they have the ability to do well in international cricket. However you don't see this missing in U-19 players like Tamim and Shakib because they are used to being succesful in international cricket with their U-19 team and Academy.

But if you have actually seen the ICL matches players like Alok, Aftab and SN and even HaBa are playing so confidently. When they are speaking they are saying we are professional, we are good enough.

And I am sorry to inform you that T20 cricket is here to stay.

I am sorry but some people are just closing their mind and being biased against ICL, when you guys are ready to view it from an open mind you will automatically see the benefits of ICL.

tiger_army
November 2, 2008, 12:01 PM
I have no problem with ICL but Alok and the rest chose to resign from the Bangladesh team first and then signed for ICL and they did not even respond to the call of BCB to discuss things before they left for India. I understand they are professionals and money is important but they simply turned their backs on the hand that fed them. In no other career are you given free training and a opportunity to develop. BCB developed these players from obscurity through the academy, a-teams and all the other programs for cricket players. Alok has been given so many chances again and again despite not performing that it is a joke that he is complaining of unfair treatment. He was a part of both the test and ODI team when he resigned. I would rather not have players who are talented but will not give anything to play for his country. He is a traitor and should be treated as such. No one would know him if it wasn't for Bangladesh cricket and by turning his back towards his country and his fans, he deserves nothing either. He can stay in ICL all his life and earn as much money as he want but he will never earn the respect of a true cricketer playing in low class 20-20 games.

Six months before nobody cared about Alok Kapali, we used to hate him. Now why you ppl so much worry about him?? Is that because he scoring runs in ICL?? My question is if Alok scored 30-40 runs in ICL, would you ask this here? And why calling him traitors, when you living in NY city earning dollars. So Can I call you traitors???

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
In no other career are you given free training and a opportunity to develop. BCB developed these players from obscurity through the academy, a-teams and all the other programs for cricket players.
I will once again bring out the BUET example - Bangladesh government spends millions to give students of this institute a good education, but the cream of them leave the country as soon as they graduate. Should the government put a life ban on those guys that they can't work for a Bangladeshi company? Will this ban benefit or hurt the future of the nation?

tiger_army
November 2, 2008, 12:13 PM
I will once again bring out the BUET example - Bangladesh government spends millions to give students of this institute a good education, but the cream of them leave the country as soon as they graduate. Should the government put a life ban on those guys that they can't work for a Bangladeshi company? Will this ban benefit or hurt the future of the nation?

Dont worry about BUET mate, These ppl went to public shool, took free education for 10-12 yrs, went to govt uni took degree and tht degrees were the ticket to migrate overseas. So our Govt spending lots of money for the students. In return the Country gets nothing.

BCB does the same thing to our players but dont forget they earning millions of dollars because of these players.

akabir77
November 2, 2008, 12:13 PM
people r forgetting that these ICL teams r as string as those IR, Scott and Zimb in Aisa... So these so called supper star of ours could score against them in BD and they r doing it now...

BTW people are forgetting another thing. in every match they have been dropped. (At least the 1/2 i have seen). and the catches where loppa kind too... miss hits going over the bounder for 6 and many many things. I really enjoyed them playing in ICL but then i know the standard of the game. BTW i also enjoyed whatching para games too that doesn't mean i think they will play better against big teams... lol

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
A reminder for the Alok haters - he was refused a central contract before he left, by the same selectors who were very prompt to offer contracts to inexperienced and unproven players like Zunaed, Mehrab, and Riad. I think he had enough reasons to feel insecure about his future with Bangladesh team.

AsifTheManRahman
November 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
ICL is far more competitive then our Domestic league. Heck it's even more competitive than international cricket. The only way the game is going to get more followers is through club competitions. We need white, brown, yellow, red, black, green, orange, violet, blue players to play together under the same roof in harmony. The game needs a wider range of opponents for its players to ensure greater competition as well as quality.

As a fan of sports in general, I want to see the kind of hunger to win that the ICL teams display. I don't want mismatches and stark differences between teams - I want anyone to be able to beat anyone any day. I want to watch a 39 year old Chris Harris lead his team to victory through grit and determination and clinch his fist in joy when he scores the winning runs in the last over of the game, albeit that being the four hundred thousandth game that he's played in his life. That's the kind of passion that I'm willing to pay for if need be (haven't felt the need yet, thanks to the world wide web).

At the end of the day, cricket is only a sport. The players have to have fun to be able to give it their hundred per cent; and that's the kind of fun that the Warriors seem to have every time they are on the field. The same kind of passion and competition can be injected into international cricket by allowing club competitions to flourish. The ICL and the IPL (not so much the Stanford T20 as even the players don't take it seriously) are tournaments that strike me as having the potential to manufacture better players and induce the kind of quality that fans crave into international cricket.

akabir77
November 2, 2008, 12:22 PM
When renowned BUET professors take on foreign jobs and leave, no one calls them traitors. We even applaud them when they receive recognition from foreign institutes they work for. Why can't we take the same approach to ICL cricketers? Obviously, exodus of cricketers, who were not even national team regulars, can't hurt the nation as much as exodus of our top educators.

If the cricketers went to IPL or ICL was not banned then these player would have been also appreciate too. The problem is they knew this league is banned and still went there jeopardizing a lot of things like weaken the NCL which was weak to begin with. And i am sure any BUET teacher going to Isreail will not be apprciate too. So don't mix these too.

One more thing some said about public school and stuff. listen bro we have 2% job opertunities in BD. so what are the rest 98% suppose to do? among those 88% maybe 20% gets to go abroad and then sends back tons of money back home. and those that r leaving r getting filled up by same catagorey people so not much loss. btw almost none of these people get speciall coaching and training from Govt.

But these players where earning money and had jobs (they all were playing NCL). and unfortunetly now we don't have same kind of people to fill their gaps. and when these players received so much trainings and stuff then people has the right to say what they r saying... again if this wasn't a banned league this wouldn't be a issue and also not every one in that team is also an issue. just those few...

Nadim
November 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
So, Shane bond, Navedul Hasan, Shabbir ahmed are crappy, I think from now on we need to learn new dimension of cricket which will suite you people.

does DW player face shane bond, navedul hassan and sabbir ahmed every ball............but in international cricket every bowler is world class.....just think if alok and nafees playing in icl well,why they couldnt show their talent in international lavel. this is because the oppsion bowler is too fast and too good for them.think about SN....played well aginst Zimbabwe and struggle with big team like aus,sri,SA,NZ etc. just think about it.

i can guranteee u this is why they playng good in ICL.

ZunaidH
November 2, 2008, 12:47 PM
Folks;
This thread got pushed to the wrong section. It was actually about BD cricket and how BCB should be slowly obsolete. If I had the time and the money I would raise a milion dollar campaign to put BCB out of business.

Anyways, those of you think the bowling is sub par at ICL, you should look at the clips when Andrew hall, Shane Bond and the Murtaza 's bowling. The future of cricket is T20 and franchises. The days of national cricket board and one day matches will soon be obslete.

go Warriors!

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 01:53 PM
If the cricketers went to IPL or ICL was not banned then these player would have been also appreciate too. The problem is they knew this league is banned and still went there jeopardizing a lot of things like weaken the NCL which was weak to begin with. And i am sure any BUET teacher going to Isreail will not be apprciate too. So don't mix these too.
Banned or not, all those BUET teachers and students have left their country for a better future for themselves, and only a handful of them will ever come back. On the other hand, those ICL cricketers did not intend to leave their country for good, it's our spineless board that given up to the pressure of BCCI and banned them.

One more thing some said about public school and stuff. listen bro we have 2% job opertunities in BD. so what are the rest 98% suppose to do? among those 88% maybe 20% gets to go abroad and then sends back tons of money back home. and those that r leaving r getting filled up by same catagorey people so not much loss. btw almost none of these people get speciall coaching and training from Govt.
I am not talking about all the immigrants in general (notice I have not mentioned even Dhaka university students), but those brilliant BUET students and teachers could make as much as Alok and other ICL cricketers were making from domestic leagues, if not more.

If you don't consider the brain drain that's Bangladesh is suffering a huge loss, or something less than that of the exodus of handful cricketers to ICL, I don't know what to tell you.

BTW, are those cricketers sending money to Swiss bank instead of bringing it to Bangladesh?

and when these players received so much trainings and stuff then people has the right to say what they r saying...
So you think developing those engineers is cheap?!

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 02:20 PM
BTW, I have nothing against BUET teachers or students who left their country. I am just bringing them as an example how hard it's to live in a country where you are under appreciated (although you know that that country invested a lot to help you develop) and resist the lure of a better financial future.

akabir77
November 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
There r so many threads about ICL and i have just posted in another thread saying why ICL is bad for us. and continuing it from there... one simple thing is BUET teacher s leaving the country yes there is a loss but its not going to stop the making of engineers or BUET but for these players and if some more goes there then it might stop the whole cricket thing in BD. And if you can't see that i am not sure what to tell u guys...

YES BCB is bad, BCCI is more but we have to live in that. like i said once we lose our TEST status ICL will have NO DHAKA team, there won't be any money for ANYBODY and there won't be any BC.com. this is not some one leaving a teaching position to get a job outside the country its much more political than that. in 20/30 years things like this will not even scracth BD just like pak or india but now is not the time unfortunately for us, player and every one involved. ICL is not paying BD players because they r brilliant they r paying to brake us and BCCI.

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 03:09 PM
Have nothing to argue against conspiracy theories.

If Bangladesh cricket suffer because of player exodus, I have no one else to blame but our idiotic government.

akabir77
November 2, 2008, 03:14 PM

If Bangladesh cricket suffer because of player exodus, I have no one else to blame but our idiotic government.
its not a theory its a fact.

and why do u want to blame the govt? we r a poor country and they r doing what they should do (banning and stuff). All i am saying as fans we shouldnt be giving them love and wanting them back and etc. but every one is free to do what they want. i am just stating my point and also why its not same as a person leaving the country for better pay thats all.

ZunaidH
November 2, 2008, 03:21 PM
Interesting to see how most people have missed the point I was trying to bring here. Following is a summary:

1) BCB is incompetent in creating, nurturing and raising the level of individual players and the game of cricket.

2) Organizations like BCB need to be made less powerful by the day for improvement of cricket globally. Organizations such as ECB, BCCI are no good either.

3) Bangladesh Cricket (not BCB) can benefit significantly from leagues such as ICL. Let's have more players play for these leagues and have them available for Intenrational games as well. Remove that silly 10 years ban please.

ZunaidH
November 2, 2008, 03:24 PM

Bangladesh cricket will be better off with more players leaving for ICL. BCB will suffer of course. But that is a good thiing!

akabir77
November 2, 2008, 03:29 PM
Bangladesh cricket will be better off with more players leaving for ICL. BCB will suffer of course. But that is a good thiing!

I don't get your thoughts. u think BD cricket can survive when bcb is dire straights?

Shaan
November 2, 2008, 04:08 PM
does DW player face shane bond, navedul hassan and sabbir ahmed every ball............but in international cricket every bowler is world class.....just think if alok and nafees playing in icl well,why they couldnt show their talent in international lavel. this is because the oppsion bowler is too fast and too good for them.think about SN....played well aginst Zimbabwe and struggle with big team like aus,sri,SA,NZ etc. just think about it.

no doubt about their talent it is about how BCB nurtured and utilized them. These guys r doing well in ICL cause they are not pressurized or threatened by someone that if i perform one or two match bad then Ill be switched off. Now they are playing their natural game without any pressure and look how they r scoring. Justin Kemp is one of the ferocious batsman for 20/20, I remember how he was treating those english fast bowlers two years ago, but why he is not scoring in every single match atleast a 50, the calibre he has. It is not that simple and easy as you look at it. Otherwise Hamish marshal, kemp, Abdur Razzak kind of guy would have scored lots of 50's and 100's in this format of ICL. It is the talent someone perform and make it look so easy.

Anyway, true is that Bd doesn't have such talents still in the current team wheather u agree or not. Its just how BCB should have exposed and nurtured them. Within overnight we woldn't become Australia, so does the players not overnight become Ponting or Inzamam it just the matter of time of maturity as you acquire through the time of experince, not everytime you start over agian with newby and wait for another time of experience that you want to acquire which will always create the gap of experince and the time of experience what eventually costs one step forward and three step backward. Bd is going through this phase for last eight years. And no process can fill the void here.

Eshen
November 2, 2008, 05:05 PM
We spent the year before last world cup playing mostly against Zimbabwe, so I find it funny that some people are now concerned that there are not many Shane Bond standard bowlers in ICL to play against.

IMO, Dhaka Warriors will mature more from playing those closely fought matches in ICL than they would/had from being consistently thrashed by giants like Australia and South Africa.

cricket_pagol
November 2, 2008, 06:21 PM
Interesting to see how most people have missed the point I was trying to bring here. Following is a summary:

1) BCB is incompetent in creating, nurturing and raising the level of individual players and the game of cricket.

2) Organizations like BCB need to be made less powerful by the day for improvement of cricket globally. Organizations such as ECB, BCCI are no good either.

3) Bangladesh Cricket (not BCB) can benefit significantly from leagues such as ICL. Let's have more players play for these leagues and have them available for Intenrational games as well. Remove that silly 10 years ban please.

Agree with you 100%.

Since our domestic league is crap, we need to use opportunities like ICL to groom our players. IPL kicked our butt last time, as only one got a chance to play and he only bowled a couple of overs...

ZunaidH
November 2, 2008, 08:56 PM
I don't get your thoughts. u think BD cricket can survive when bcb is dire straights?

A counter questions for you...

Has BD cricket really thrived over the past 8 years since test status. You are talking about survival of BD cricket where BCB is a thriving organization. Amount of people in BCB with significantly fat wallet is outrageous. Choking organizations like BCB is the only way to get cricket doing well in Bangladesh. It is dissapointing to see people blame Ashrafuls, Habibuls after we lose games and nobody really wants people from the governing board fired.

ICC gives development money to Full member boards. If BCB is honest then the right approach would be to give money to local entreprenuers to create and support frnachise teams (e.g. could be Abahoni and Mohammedan) to find, create and groom players and put championship teams for leagues such as ICL.

BCB's incompetence is proven.

saadquader
November 3, 2008, 12:20 AM
I don't know much, but could the warriors haters tell me one thing...

Why are we seeing (and justifiably expecting) consistency from DW, where no BD team ever showed that? Why do I have the conviction that someone (be it Alok/Nafees/Aftab) must fire up in batting?

In my opinion, when they used to play in BD national team, each of them used to be worried (may be except Ashraful) about geting dropped after two bad performances. BCB regularly introduces new players (from U19 etc) into the national team but the only chance they get is invariably one or two games. I remember the introduction of Mehrab junior, he came, had not-so-good performance in a game or two, and he was lost. Why? If you cannot afford giving a player a considerable stint to perform after being inducted to, or coming back in, the national side then what is the point?

There is no balance in relative "ease" of getting in and getting out of the team. It is enough to make a player feel insecured, when he got to feed his family.

I was sure that Tamim would go out of the team after his sub-par show following the fifty against India in the world cup, but fortunately he made it.

BCB itself undermines the mental strength of the players, stopping them playing naturally, thus losing consistency. But I find no excuse for Ashraful, though.

shabbir
November 3, 2008, 01:25 AM
Bhai buet teachers are not getting same treatment like national player.despite of getting vip status,earing crore of taka,they decided to join ICL.that is really sad.

Raynman
November 4, 2008, 06:16 PM
could someone help me understand:

T20 vs. Test/ODI cricket:

If T20 is not real cricket, is 100m dash not real athletics compared to a marathon? Is beach volleyball not real voleyball?

BCB vs. ICL

ICL is not preventing DW players from being available for National team. Why are they the bad guys?

Dhaka Warriors

Everyone (Warrior haters) was so sure they would fail in ICL and were ready to laugh at them. And now that they are succeeding, why is it not oaky for supporters of the Warriors to enjoy their success and be entertained by their performance without the haters raining on our parade?

Its good to see what a professional, positive environment can do for talented players.

I support both DW and BD national team. I am personally bored with bi lateral serie' in cricket in general. I like the ICL league concept. Don't care much for IPL or county league since ther isn't any BD representation there. Were there to be a BD franchise in IPL, I would support and follow them as well as a Bangladeshi.

AsifTheManRahman
November 4, 2008, 06:37 PM

If T20 is not real cricket, is 100m dash not real athletics compared to a marathon? Is beach volleyball not real voleyball?

BCB vs. ICL

ICL is not preventing DW players from being available for National team. Why are they the bad guys?

Dhaka Warriors

Everyone (Warrior haters) was so sure they would fail in ICL and were ready to laugh at them. And now that they are succeeding, why is it not oaky for supporters of the Warriors to enjoy their success and be entertained by their performance without the haters raining on our parade?

Its good to see what a professional, positive environment can do for talented players.

I support both DW and BD national team. I am personally bored with bi lateral serie' in cricket in general. I like the ICL league concept. Don't care much for IPL or county league since ther isn't any BD representation there. Were there to be a BD franchise in IPL, I would support and follow them as well as a Bangladeshi.True, true, true, true and guess what - true. I can guarantee you that the naysayers will fail to come up with an appropriate response.

djnaved
November 4, 2008, 08:07 PM
mojar bepar hochhe for sure, dhaka warriors hater jara tader moddhe onekei lukaia lukaia khela dekhe....baire show kore ami dhaka warriors hater, kintu bhitore, ah kapali'r 6, nazimer pull.......for example, icl shuru howar agea akjon bollo arre f**** you dhaka warriors, kintu koyekdin jaite na jaitei kotha ghuraia bole, oi kalka nazimer khela dekso? ah aloker ki batting?lol

din din dhaka warriorser support berei choleche.......

akabir77
November 4, 2008, 10:50 PM
A counter questions for you...

Has BD cricket really thrived over the past 8 years since test status. You are talking about survival of BD cricket where BCB is a thriving organization. Amount of people in BCB with significantly fat wallet is outrageous. Choking organizations like BCB is the only way to get cricket doing well in Bangladesh. It is dissapointing to see people blame Ashrafuls, Habibuls after we lose games and nobody really wants people from the governing board fired.

ICC gives development money to Full member boards. If BCB is honest then the right approach would be to give money to local entreprenuers to create and support frnachise teams (e.g. could be Abahoni and Mohammedan) to find, create and groom players and put championship teams for leagues such as ICL.

BCB's incompetence is proven.

Agree with you about BCB. But here is a thought so to fix BCB we let all our players to play ICL (i mean good ones like mash, sakib, TI), Since BCB doesn't have the guts to slap BCCI and let these players play for BD BD intl team will be without exp and good players and how long a team like that will last in INT level? don't you think that team will end up like zimb team? do they have/can play test anymore? r there ODI team improving?

akabir77
November 4, 2008, 10:52 PM

U lost me there buddy. if u think TEST/ODI/2020 all r same then i think it tells you how much cricket you really follow.:notworthy:

akabir77
November 4, 2008, 11:05 PM
I don't know much, but could the warriors haters tell me one thing...

Why are we seeing (and justifiably expecting) consistency from DW, where no BD team ever showed that? Why do I have the conviction that someone (be it Alok/Nafees/Aftab) must fire up in batting?

In my opinion, when they used to play in BD national team, each of them used to be worried (may be except Ashraful) about geting dropped after two bad performances. BCB regularly introduces new players (from U19 etc) into the national team but the only chance they get is invariably one or two games. I remember the introduction of Mehrab junior, he came, had not-so-good performance in a game or two, and he was lost. Why? If you cannot afford giving a player a considerable stint to perform after being inducted to, or coming back in, the national side then what is the point?

There is no balance in relative "ease" of getting in and getting out of the team. It is enough to make a player feel insecured, when he got to feed his family.

I was sure that Tamim would go out of the team after his sub-par show following the fifty against India in the world cup, but fortunately he made it.

BCB itself undermines the mental strength of the players, stopping them playing naturally, thus losing consistency. But I find no excuse for Ashraful, though.

I am not sure if you r making me a nay sayer or not let me clear one thing I am happy that most of these players has joined ICL but i am dead against them saying they didn't get chances etc and hence dropped NTL team... They would have gone for ICL even if they were all confirm (if there is such thing as one confirmed for any NTL team position other than captain)...

Number two if you are wondering why they r scoring so much here is my point of view
1. they have no pressure on them to perform. This cannot happen in NTL team cause 14 koti loker modeh keo na keo ready for those 11 position. They will get money perform or not. hence all there care free shots r working for them
2. fileds r very small
3. bowlers (most of them) r crapy. even bowlers like streak was bowling crap.
4. fileders r also crap they get dropped quite often
5. other team players r not that motiveted like them as these players have nothing to gain but money and we all know money can't get you spirit.
6. even pak team last year was beating all the ICL teams easily and lost the final one. last year the pak team also had motivation but they seems to have lost that only in 2nd year.

Again BD had 100 exp players and 20 of them left for ICL it would not hamper BANGLADESH cricket like now.

Please read my other posts in this thread about the bad effect of ICL.

And please don't read my post thinking i am trying to dis some one or trying to hurt some one. I enjoy watching ICL just like I enjoy watching any para match. But don't start to think these guys (most) will start scoring like this in INT match. remember we had tons of player who had scored a lot with A team and Academy and failed.

sorry that i quoted you but most of the stuff is towards every one... BTW i do agree what you said about BCB and thats why some of us have been saying stop including these U19 for ages (from Dav era...)

ZunaidH
November 6, 2008, 10:01 AM
akabir77

"Agree with you about BCB. But here is a thought so to fix BCB we let all our players to play ICL (i mean good ones like mash, sakib, TI)... "

If you ask my thoughts - honestly yes. Going to ICL or any other foreign leagues would be a good thing. Cricketers need to make money. Right now, BCB has not created enough infrstructure to support players financially. Even if someone plays for the natinal team the contracts are short term and the money is poor. Domestic leagues are going to be history soon. Talented players will find opportunities elsewhere - inevitable. Same reason smart people find opportunities globally. Most of the smart people in this forum do not necessarily live in Bangladesh. But they contribute more to the future of Bangladesh in a positive way. Not to side track, but the point about financial reward is important. In 8 years of test status BCB has failed to attract or create talented cricketers simply because they could not create opportunities. Why should the players suffer because of the incompetence of an organization. Have 3-4 key players out of the BD team would certainly make people turn around and look at Bangladesh as a role model country how a crcket board can be brought down in size significantly and the game be controlled by club franchises. Sure, you will have fewer ODI's and test cricket mathces. Where's the harm in that? Watch ICL, IPL and other similar tournaments globally. Watch your favourite player play for your favourite team in your choice of city.

Of-topic: What is wrong with pursuing opportunities in Israel? Chcek out the US declaration of Independence..."Life, Liberty and the pursuite of happines..." UN's human charter of makes similar points. Even the Quran supports the thought. Go anywhere in the world at your liberty to pursue a livelihood. In books banning players to play for ICL, underming people to move to different countries etc are all forms of deep negative prejudiced thoughts of discrimination and underming the value of liberty of human potential.

What Bangldesh cricket board did is complete disregard of basic human rights. Let's ban those prejudiced thoughts for a change!

thebest
November 6, 2008, 10:41 AM

I do not know whether you are an athelate or not. 100 m and marathon just because two events does not mean the same. Marathon is more about stamina and endurance where as 100 m is about your pace
and beach vollyball is not vollyball

BCB vs. ICL

Yes you are right. If ICL players are so much interested to play national team why they don't create their own national team. Why so much worried about getting chance in BCB's national team. It is like unwanted guest crying for best piece of meal. BTW all of these ICL players actually retired. BCB only banned them from playing in BCB sponsored and approved league. So even BCB, BCCI and ICL saga has peaceful ending they can not play as they retired

Dhaka Warriors

We would not if you created these shits in DW fan site. This site is BCB approved National Team's fan site. Actually you are annoying us with all these Dhaka Cowards win

This must be joke. Taking 30+ aged players, HB, Yousuf in 20/20 shows how professionals ICL is. The only thing ICL interested is in breaking BCCI' s monopoly in indian cricket market. If this means Bangladesh lose their test status (see JS interview) then let it be. Don't tell me about your talented player. Check your most talented player SN, AK in WC 20/20

I support both DW and BD national team. I am personally bored with bi lateral serie' in cricket in general. I like the ICL league concept. Don't care much for IPL or county league since ther isn't any BD representation there. Were there to be a BD franchise in IPL, I would support and follow them as well as a Bangladeshi.
I hope you would be here when ICL successfully poach all the national player and subsequently ICC take our test status
What Bangldesh cricket board did is complete disregard of basic human rights. Let's ban those prejudiced thoughts for a change!
BCB did not ban them from playing cricket in Bangladesh. BCB just ban them playing cricket which is sponsored and accredited by BCB. So their basic human right has not been violated. Anyway we should not argue in this line as we know they chose ICL to earn money easy way. They do not want to work hard to earn thier living. They do not want or need to play in Bangladesh.
Kabir Vai, you nailed it and actually I like this very much

I enjoy watching ICL just like I enjoy watching any para match. But don't start to think these guys (most) will start scoring like this in INT match. remember we had tons of player who had scored a lot with A team and Academy and failed.
BTW I have not watch a single ICL match or for that matter IPL one.

ZunaidH
November 6, 2008, 11:02 AM
thebest;

You are right on the following comment.

"The only thing ICL interested is in breaking BCCI' s monopoly in indian cricket market."

Personally, I support that intention. Break BCCI and break BCB, ECB, PCB in the process. Cricket Australia and SL Cricket will just follow suit. NZ and WI cricket boards are dhamadhora parties. They will fold too.

BANFAN
November 6, 2008, 11:03 AM
Of-topic: What is wrong with pursuing opportunities in Israel? Chcek out the US declaration of Independence..."Life, Liberty and the pursuite of happines..." UN's human charter of makes similar points. Even the Quran supports the thought. Go anywhere in the world at your liberty to pursue a livelihood. In books banning players to play for ICL, underming people to move to different countries etc are all forms of deep negative prejudiced thoughts of discrimination and underming the value of liberty of human potential.

I am with you .............. for the change.

Tigers_eye
November 6, 2008, 11:31 AM

If T20 is not real cricket, is 100m dash not real athletics compared to a marathon? Is beach volleyball not real voleyball?...
I am going to respond to this part of your enquiry.

Cricketing elite nations are test playing nations. Test is main format of cricket. ICC is built on this format of the game. If you do not agree with this then please skip the rest of my post. We have no agrument over anything. You can live with your T20 and me with my "test".

Now if you agree that test is the main format of the game, without that we are a nobody (no recognition, no opportunity, no money for the board) in the cricketing world, then we can move on to second part of the discussion and see if T20 is cricket or not.

Ask youself, why the longer version of cricket is called Test? What are we testing here? When cricket was created the only format was the longer version of the game. At times there were no time limit (# of days) or no over restrictions (100+ overs per day). So originally cricket was created to test players patience, perseverance. That is cricket and winning and losing came with scores of runs and getting opponents out twice.

The game of T20 does not test players patience. On the contrary, it encourages players to play Ura dhura anda gunda shots. Cheap entertainment for impatient viewers at best. Not cricket that I know.

So, in my opinion T20 can not be cricket and is detrimental for teams like BD who are trying to justify their test status to the wide world and ICC. I'd ban T20 if I had the chance for at least four years. Let these 20 year olds grow up and understand how to build an innings first. Let them become a professional cricketer first. Then they can go for the cheap entertainment.

If Test cricket is "Shawshank redemption" then T20 is "Blue film" at best. Vulgar, cheap entertainment to some and destroys the pillars that the industry stands for. Multi media got there hands dirty siting fast pace society don't like the boring, long format of the game which may not produce any result after five grueling days in the field.

Do not compare our team with the elite teams or us with their supporters. They have a stablished structure, their player are matured and learn maturity from their senior players. We are not there yet. So you can not want what their viewers want. The day we win a test (accept Zim) the day you can ask for T20 cricket in BD.

Miraz
November 6, 2008, 11:46 AM
Every change is challenged.

The same thing happened when ODIs were introduced. Colored trousers and white balls were treated as vulgar and cheap compared to elite white trouser and red ball cricket.

Every sports need entertainment, excitement and high adrenaline rush. Twenty20 is the future of cricket, period. Test cricket will survive, but will lose it's appeal among mass population.

AsifTheManRahman
November 6, 2008, 11:56 AM
T20 is indeed the future; what people have to understand here is the fact that it isn't taking the place of test cricket. Tests will still remain (hopefully) the core version of the game and - speaking for myself - the one that will be regarded as the purest form of the game; however, as Miraz bhai has mentioned, every sport needs a high entertainment factor that 50 over matches lack these days. That's where highly competitive club cricket and T20's come in.

Tigers_eye
November 6, 2008, 12:14 PM
Miraz and ATMR,
From cricketing stand point, may be T20 is the future (I really do not care). But from BD stand point that should not be the focus. If you focus on T20 game while you are learning how to walk, you lose everything in the long run. Without the test status BD has nothing. Test play (strategy) is totally opposite what T20 brings in the table.

A true test player (who has the patience and talent) can change his game to the shorter version of the game. The opposite is never true (may be one or two exception in the world). Our players are still young and learning. Let them learn how to be patient first then they can go for the T20 stuff (money) to support their family. Do not ruin BD's cricketing future by focusing on T20.

By the way, both can't be learnt at the same time. The two form is as different as black and white in every possible way.

Ashfaq
November 6, 2008, 12:25 PM

Mate you got it all wrong. Bond, Shabbir, Naved, Gillespie, Hall are great/good bowlers. But, No ICL team has more than one good bowler in their lineup. Remeber the game against Chandigarh? Hall bowled economically for the first two overs, but his bowling partners leaked run like waterworks. That's why the bowling is not upto standard, regardles of the presence of quite a few good bowlers. A mcGrath is not complete without a Gillespie or Lee on the other end. Cricket is after all a team game.

And, the pitches are also killing the bowlers. Good for entertainment, not so good for any future in cricket. Although if players and fans alike are satisfied with it, then it is indeed a sad day.

AsifTheManRahman
November 6, 2008, 12:26 PM
Let them learn how to be patient first then they can go for the T20 stuff (money) to support their family. Do not ruin BD's cricketing future by focusing on T20.

In that case it's really up to the BCB to ensure that our cricketers get the kind of exposure required to succeed in tests through first class cricket at home. Unfortunately, the NCL is a joke.

Tehsin
November 6, 2008, 12:40 PM
I will read thru the thread later ... Looks like a lot folks had a lot of suggestion. Gotta run now. Here's what I think:

What's the worst BCCi can do if BCB does not ban the players from ICL? Not play us? Tough. It's not like we have played India all that much.

BCB needs to show some backbone and start taking care of it's players. The ICL goes on for 3 months MAX, allow the players to make a living, come back, play in the domestic cricket league and keep them available for national selection, based on merit. The ICL maybe the end all and be all for the local l(Indian) players as it is being played in India and BCCI is the ruling cricket body in that country and they have every right to put sanctions on any cricket that takes place in that country (the regular fans feelings about it does not mean anything).

The only excuse that BCB can give is that they banned the ICL players out of respect to a fellow cricket body (BCCI), that could be the only valid excuse. (A BD IPL team will also be acceptable)

Baundule
November 6, 2008, 01:15 PM
This is a thread full of amusements. :)
Summary:
1. T20 is no real cricket :D
2. ICL players are BS. e.g., Yusuf in the Paki team is a superstar, Yusuf in the ICL is retired and useless. Heath Streak can single-handedly win series against Bangladesh; but in the ICL, he is a crap. Fielders are also low standrad, because and only because they are playing in the ICL.
3. ICL fields are small, pitches are un-prepared. :D
4. ICL was banned. (Who banned and why?):D
5. BCB spent a lot of money to prepare Alok and Co. (seems, BCB spent its own money, players did not earn anything, Pilots ICC final 6 has nothing to do, test status is BCB's credit and for that all the money we get from the ICC also belongs to BCB.;))
6. ICL is worse than the national team, though Real Madrid is stronger than Spain. :)
7. We will lose test status because of Alok, HaBa and Aftab.
8. ICL should create a Bangladesh National team, because what we currently know as the Bangladesh National Team is actually the BCB team. :D
9. DW are doing fine, because there is no pressure. Money can not motivate you.
10. Last but not the least, 30+ players are all BS in general, no matter if Tendu is scoring centuries, Laxman is hitting Doubles or Klusener is hitting 100m+ sixes.

Tigers_eye
November 6, 2008, 01:45 PM
This is a thread full of amusements. :)
Summary:
How can you miss the Shawshank redemption part? And I had it with a bigger font.

Baundule
November 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
How can you miss the Shawshank redemption part? And I had it with a bigger font.
T_E bhai,

Most often, we think alike. But this ICL event is an exception. Cricket, like any sport, is ultimalety for fun. If people enjoy it, the sport lives, if not, the sport dies. Very simple.

Now, test cricket has its own attraction and shorter cricket also has its own attraction, too. It does not matter how some elites try to give some version an elite flavor. And your tagging of T20 as Blue film is simply pathetic. It's not because blue film is less important than shawshank redemption; but because the way you tried to show it as of a lower class.

Test cricket has no clash with T20 and we need both; it is the shorter version of the cricket that gave Bangladesh the Test status and it is the apparent success in the shorter version that still keep us as a test nation.

Tigers_eye
November 6, 2008, 02:21 PM
T_E bhai,

Most often, we think alike. But this ICL event is an exception. ....
Really? I think fundamentally we are still in agreement on ICL. I have not talked anything bad about ICL as of yet. I like ICL. Specially on their promises of improving facilities, giving opportunities, longer version of their program, standing up to BCCI etc.

It is the T20 format that I have gripe with for BD cricket. Worldwide T20 games can go on. They can play Five5 for 4 innings game and I would care less.

ZunaidH
November 6, 2008, 03:31 PM
If Test cricket is "Shawshank redemption" then T20 is "Blue film" at best. Vulgar, cheap entertainment to some and destroys the pillars that the industry stands for.

As much as I am a proponent of freedom of speech, I have to say that statement by Tigers_eye was below the belt.

Baundule
November 6, 2008, 05:07 PM
Really? I think fundamentally we are still in agreement on ICL. I have not talked anything bad about ICL as of yet. I like ICL. Specially on their promises of improving facilities, giving opportunities, longer version of their program, standing up to BCCI etc.

It is the T20 format that I have gripe with for BD cricket. Worldwide T20 games can go on. They can play Five5 for 4 innings game and I would care less.

That's great about ICL :)

I understand your concern about T20 effect on BD cricekt, especially we are used to see our impatient boys. But as far as I understand T20 is not all about doing an Afridi. There is a big room of calculated batting and bowling. For us, the main thing we lack is confidence. If you observe closely, you'll see that it is not 'agression' that causes the downfall of our batsmen, it is almost always very silly shot selection, be it in test or in ODI or in T20, that costs us.

An apparent success in the shorter version of the game gives lot of confidence. SN is still the same batsman without any footwork, Aftab is still playing the same stupid shots, Alok is still the same old Alok; but the confidence level is all that has been changed. Winning contributes greatly in it, be it in longer or shorter version.