PDA

View Full Version : Australia - India : 4th Test

Tintin
November 6, 2008, 12:29 AM
Vijay replaced Gambhir for India.

Australia retained White despite him doing absolutely nothing so far. They dropped Stuart Clark and picked Krezja (who has 43 wickets in 25 first class matches at an average of 50). So the bowling line-up reads Lee - Johnson - Watson - White - Krezja.

With two so-called main spinners and two backups in Michael Clarke and Katich, Ponting had to win the toss. He didn't.

Sehwag hit Krezja for a six and four in his first over. He has figures of 3-0-32-0 at the moment. India 98 for 1 in less than 90 minutes of play. Vijay just out. Sehwag 62* in 55 balls

Tintin
November 6, 2008, 12:35 AM
Krezja gets Dravid for a second ball duck. I am speechless !

99/2

Nocturnal
November 6, 2008, 12:48 AM
India 113/2 (21 ov)
Viru- 65*
SRT- 12*
Krezja: 5-0-42-1 so far

RazabQ
November 6, 2008, 12:50 AM
Tintin how's krezja bowling. Oh well - let me go find a sop or something.

RazabQ
November 6, 2008, 12:58 AM
Ok all the links are capturing clicks. Any help?

Tintin
November 6, 2008, 12:58 AM
>> Tintin how's krezja bowling. Oh well - let me go find a sop or something.

I am at work. Don't have Neo Sports at home too.

Meanwhile, Krezja gets Sehwag too. This ain't funny any longer :(

RazabQ
November 6, 2008, 01:05 AM
Baldy showing fellow baldy some love ... A link a link my kingdom for a link

Surfer
November 6, 2008, 03:26 AM
krezja has been milked at close to 6 an over. Dravid has been ridiculously out of form and Sehwag fell to his own impatience. Tendulkar continues to milk krezja for more runs. He has two big wickets to show, but actually is not that effective.

yaseer
November 6, 2008, 05:33 AM
krezja's first class record is just crap. This just goes to show how poor Australia is as far as quality spinners in their pipeline is concerned.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/player/6235.html

RazabQ
November 6, 2008, 05:36 AM
What's with Australia's catching?

Tintin
November 6, 2008, 05:39 AM
Tendulkar finally gets his 40th hundred.

RazabQ
November 6, 2008, 05:46 AM
'twas a gift-wrapped hundred ;)

yaseer
November 6, 2008, 06:16 AM
Tendulkar get his 40th century.....Congrats to the Great!!!

India 303/5, Australia need to get them all-out by 350, then they will have the chance to force the result in their favor. If India scores 400+, it will be very difficult for Aussies to pull it back from there.

auntu
November 6, 2008, 07:06 AM
WOW !!! Congrats Tendulker. India great going.

Surfer
November 6, 2008, 08:02 AM
Not great, but not bad either. If the current partnership can add another 100, India will be in a good position.

If spinners try to get some spin out of bowlers' foot marks on day one, it gives some strong hint about days 3,4 and 5. Indian spinners will be able to better use those marks. Especially Mishra and Tendulkar.

auntu
November 6, 2008, 08:20 AM
Good to see Ganguly is not out. Dravid is kind of out of source now a days. Laxman as usual gets some runs against AUS.

BANFAN
November 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
krezja's first class record is just crap. This just goes to show how poor Australia is as far as quality spinners in their pipeline is concerned.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/player/6235.html

Might also mean,
How good their batsmen are against spin.
How crap their pitches are for spinners

:)

cricman
November 7, 2008, 12:18 AM
I suspect these 2 wont mind Batting out as Many Sessions as possible, Perhaps the Greatest captain in his last Test batting along side the Heir Apparent

cricman
November 7, 2008, 02:05 AM
Krejza gives Australia hope

Game on Now, up to Harbajan and Zaheer to Save India

cricman
November 7, 2008, 03:07 AM
8/215!!!! ... broke the record for most runs by a debutant, bet he doesnt mind. would have been 9 if they caught sachin

patriot
November 7, 2008, 05:15 AM
Simon Katich and Hussey looking calm and composed at 108/2 as the aussies are desperatley looking to force a result out of this match .They are currently scoring at 4 an over.Once again Ponting falls to Harbhajan.

yaseer
November 9, 2008, 03:49 AM
Match ON...
India 166/6 at tea in the 2nd innings taking a lead of 250+.

Tragedy for Ganguly: Out for 0 in his last innings in Test cricket

cricman
November 9, 2008, 04:50 AM
Ricky Ponting is gonna get sacked as Captain ... never seen something this stupid and selfish in my life

Surfer
November 9, 2008, 05:23 AM
Ricky Ponting is gonna get sacked as Captain ... never seen something this stupid and selfish in my life

True that. Very poor and selfish captaincy.

Rommel
November 9, 2008, 11:02 AM

what did he do?

yaseer
November 9, 2008, 12:16 PM

I missed it tooo.....what did he do??

yaseer
November 9, 2008, 12:20 PM
Aussies definitely go for the target tomorrow....by doing so, I think they may loose the test. Anyway, they have to go for it, as they are loosing the series anyway. Interesting days of test cricket is coming up. I would like to see Australia win that one.

Surfer
November 9, 2008, 12:59 PM
what did he do?

I missed it tooo.....what did he do??

At tea Australia had come back into the game with a good opportunity to win. But Ponting realized that he was slow on over rate and would get banned for a match or two if he didnt complete his quota in time. He stopped his premier bowlers and tossed the ball to Hussey and kept bowling him for a long time. Dhoni and Harbhajan used that and bailed India out quickly scoring at over 4 an over.

By the time Ponting brought the better bowlers back, India was back for good. Ponting threw the test match away to save his own sorry backside. Alan Border was furious in the commentary box. So were every Aussie. They have a reason.

Can you believe this: Ponting never fished his overs even once throughout this series. He made the same mistake again and this time it hurts his own team. But he should have taken the results on his personal career and should have continued with the fast bowlers. But he decided that his personal career was more important.

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2008, 10:19 AM
To me, the best part of this series was not India winning by 2-0. 20% match fee fine for ricky. Hoped he had a suspension but that didn't happen cause he was cunning like a fox and didn't lose the sight of "me" first, "team" second.

auntu
November 10, 2008, 12:22 PM
I bet it Dhoni was looking for a Draw rather than a win in the this match.

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2008, 01:06 PM
You look for a win and they you draw. Happens all the time. Never heard of looking for a draw and miracly win with a session left.

What makes you say that?

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2008, 03:08 PM
Can anyone find out how many times Ricky Ponting did his conference thing in the middle of the match while fielding and how long those mini conferences were? Fast bowling was a reason I know but I think his antics (tactics in his word) are the main reason that is against the flow of the game.

Surfer
November 11, 2008, 02:40 AM

I dont know where you are coming from....like tiger says. Dhoni attacked mostly and defended only when Australia dominated. The pendulum was swinging fast throughout and I think Australia was more defensive than India was. Dhoni always looked to win the game. If you are talking about the 8-1 field on day3, thats what you do when the opposition is 200/2 scoring at 4 an over. You stop the run flow and choke them....force them to do something different. It wasnt defensive....it was attacking and it worked.

BD-Shardul
November 11, 2008, 04:50 AM
Dhoni is currently the best captain of cricket. In test he has now 100% winning record.

India have played very well throughout the series and outclassed the Aussies clinically.

Welldone Dhoni and Co.