PDA

View Full Version : England in India

Surfer
November 12, 2008, 04:55 AM
India had a disastrous series with Lanka followed by a dream series with Australia. Now we face the poms at home. 7 ODIs followed by two tests.

The poms were thrashed big time by Mumbai (not the Ranji trophy side, but the club side) in a tour game. I don't usually attach too much weight to tour game results, but getting all out for 98 to a club side is just too much.

This will be an interesting series. Though India starts as favorites, England will be tougher for us than oz. Because England has a better bowling line up. Their batting seems not so great though.

What do you guys think?

yaseer
November 12, 2008, 05:39 AM
This is gonna be a one-sided series i think.
ODIs: 5-2 to India
Tests: 1-0 (England may somehow draw one test)

I am predicting this because India is on high now and their graph is gonna up. After this series I am predicting a total opposite Indian side. With lots of confidence and money, India will start performing sooo poorly, they will be pulled down to earth, and Dhoni will be under pressure as a captain for the 1st time, then will start the real test of Dhoni as a captain. All my prediction though.

MohammedC
November 12, 2008, 12:38 PM
India will crush England 7-0

Bengaliprince176
November 12, 2008, 12:42 PM
India will win, but dont underestimate ENgland after the match yday, theyve always struggled in tour matches first up

Nadim
November 12, 2008, 01:39 PM
hate england.......hope they get crused badly by india......7-0 to india. england dont like bd.these why i dont like eng either

AsifTheManRahman
November 12, 2008, 03:00 PM
Will Freddie topple a boat this time?

In an ideal world, I don't see why the Englishmen wouldn't be robbed of their clothes and left stranded in the streets of India in their nappies.

JonBain
November 13, 2008, 08:21 PM
Kevin Pietersen vs Gary Kirsten.

South Africa to win!

India should win the tests 2-0,
but England may surprise them in the one dayers, that may go down to the wire.

sbsash
November 13, 2008, 08:46 PM
I think India will win the series but England will win a couple.

rattlehead
November 13, 2008, 08:57 PM
ENGLANDD!!! hope they win both the series.
i wanna see freddie and harmission demolish the indian line up and wipe that arrogance of gambhirs and youvraj's face.
hope KP will shine even brighter as a captain and player

Nocturnal
November 13, 2008, 11:45 PM
ODI 1:
Played at Rajkot, on 14 November 2008 (50-over match)
England won the toss and elected to field first

India 93/0 (16.0 ov)
Drinks
Shewag *39
Gambhir *46

Nocturnal
November 13, 2008, 11:48 PM
India 105/0 (16.2 ov)

Pietersen switches his men around. The umpires inspect the ball. Poor Collingwood. Its his 150th match, and he's craned his neck as the first two balls went into the stands. Ho hum. The field is deep.

16.2 Collingwood to Sehwag, SIX, carnage! And thats the 100 stand, and Sehwag's fifty with six more, this one disdainfully slogged over midwicket, what a batsman he is

16.1 Collingwood to Sehwag, SIX, oh, hello, Sehwag greets him with a slog over mid-off for six, its all going terribly wrong for England this morning! Sehwag just clears the leg and swings, fab shot

Pietersen turns to Collingwood immediately after the interval. This is his 150th ODI. Sehwag takes strike.

rattlehead
November 14, 2008, 02:18 AM
England ambushed at the slaughter house:((

rattlehead
November 14, 2008, 02:21 AM
i hate yuvraj!

Nocturnal
November 14, 2008, 02:50 AM
138 off 78 - this was a murder innings by UV. Looked so easy. Missed last few overs for Jummah prayer but nonetheless enjoyed it! Thank you super sports 2!! Well done Punjab King!
Made his 9th odi hundred off 63 balls.

India posted a massive total- India 387/5 (50.0 ov)
Don't see any chance for England unless someone played a lifetime innings!

rishi
November 14, 2008, 04:52 AM
England 153/7...200 RUNS WIN FOR INDIA HERE...

Baundule
November 14, 2008, 05:53 AM
The T20 effect has improved India's ODI performance, except against difficult bowling like Mendis's.

Sovik
November 14, 2008, 06:23 AM
India is too good for England. it will be 5-2 for india if not 7-0

Surfer
November 14, 2008, 06:37 AM
The way the two teams are playing, I wont be surprised at 7-0. The pitch looked like a flat track when India batted and then turned into a minefield when England came. And I have a feeling that it will keep happening.

Sovik
November 14, 2008, 06:40 AM
toss will play a big role in this series. batting first and score a huge total will be key

Surfer
November 14, 2008, 07:01 AM
toss will play a big role in this series. batting first and score a huge total will be key

England won the toss today and lost.

bharat
November 14, 2008, 08:42 AM
ENGLANDD!!! hope they win both the series.
i wanna see freddie and harmission demolish the indian line up and wipe that arrogance of gambhirs and youvraj's face.
hope KP will shine even brighter as a captain and player

:floor:

Sovik
November 14, 2008, 09:12 AM
England won the toss today and lost.

but they didn't bat first.

well, there's always the condition to blame

auntu
November 14, 2008, 09:20 AM
[বাংলা]কোন পাগলে কামড়াইছিলো ইংল্যান্ডকে এখন ইন্ডিয়া সফর করতে ? আচ্ছা কর কিন্তু তাই বলে ৭ টা ওডিয়াই ?!! কোন কথা হলো ?

আয় ব্যাটারা ঢাকায় আয়। [/বাংলা]

Nafi
November 14, 2008, 09:34 AM
Wow what a drubbing, we should invite England to BD for a ODI series, if we want an easy series win.

al Furqaan
November 14, 2008, 10:18 AM
england had earlier beaten SA 4-0, although in completely different conditions.

i think india will take this series 5-2 or 6-1. don't see them whitewashing the whities though.

Tigers_eye
November 14, 2008, 11:15 AM

i think india will take this series 5-2 or 6-1. don't see them whitewashing the whities though.
Not that it matters, I thought SA got what they came for. England lost the bigger prize. Lost a test series at home (2-1). First time SA won a series there after a long long time. And in the ODIs Smith didn't play.

With Petierson at the helm I want them to lose badly. Arrogance needs to be curtailed.

bharat
November 14, 2008, 11:24 AM

Will take that any day (5-2 or 6-1) dude.Indian team does not have the consistency to back it up.There is a long way to go for the Indian team to mimic the Australian team.They are not ruthless enough to imapart blow-after-blow like the Aussies.

Mind you the English look the best I have seen for more than two decades (yes two decades).They have a great captain (unlike the armchair old captains of the past) , a great fast bowling attack (I'd say the best) and decent enough batting.

The 4-0 drubbing that they gave the SA was no fluke.They are a team in ascendancy.To their badluck Indians are peaking not to mention the Indian conditions.But I wouldnt be surprised if they win 3 ODI (or may be 4 , unlikely though)

In ODI's on current form each of the teams India,Aus,Eng and SL (maybe ..only potent in the Subcontinent)are at par.I am looking forward to the Aus-SA to see if India has improoved or if the Aussies are failing.Good times to be a Indian fan.I am loving it.:smug:

bharat
November 14, 2008, 11:27 AM
Not that it matters, I thought SA got what they came for. England lost the bigger prize. Lost a test series at home (2-1). First time SA won a series there after a long long time. And in the ODIs Smith didn't play.

With Petierson at the helm I want them to lose badly. Arrogance needs to be curtailed.

Your "hate" for the Captains is working out for Indian man !! First Ponting now Petierson.Lets get them Tiger :big_hug:

yaseer
November 14, 2008, 11:28 AM
I dont understand the England XI....Ravi Bopara batted at #8 who is in the team for batting i guess. Samit Patel batted before him. Not saying it would have won the game but can't figure out the reason.

Indians play well on their home soil, specially they bat very well in their home. So, to beat them England really have to fire on their batting. I dont see English bowlers doing anything special in India unless they somehow make the ball to reverse.

BD-Shardul
November 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by auntu
[বাংলা]কোন পাগলে কামড়াইছিলো ইংল্যান্ডকে এখন ইন্ডিয়া সফর করতে ?[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]ভাই, এ কথা না বলে বলেন যে পিটারসেনকে কোন পাগলে কামড়াইছিলো যে ইন্ডিয়ার ব্যাটিং স্বর্গে টস জিতে ফিল্ডিং নিতে। [/বাংলা]

The only way to beat India in Indian soil is to bat first, score a good total and then fire while bowling.

All credit to India, but the following two factors at least contributed towards Aussie defeat to India:

(1) Lack of fire power in bowling
(2) Losing toss

Had Australia won the toss, and batted first, I can confidently say that Aussie bowling wouldn't have looked so toothless.

MohammedC
November 14, 2008, 12:06 PM
Did England get whooped today? What a shame, never mind better luck next time.

Predict when England will again in ODI.

Beamer
November 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Wow..This Yuvraj Singh is something ! isn't he? India is quite possibly the best team in the world now. They have dynamic players.

I am an England fan BTW and I don't see them beating India in ODI's in India. Maybe one. However, in tests, I think England will offer some stiff resistance. Lets see. I wish the tests were played before the ODI's..

Nadim
November 14, 2008, 12:56 PM
where is jefrey boycott, nasir hossain and etc.....when bd lost to eng by big margin they said bd is not good enough to stay in internation cricket. playing cricket sine 18 century and havent won nothing(world cup and chapmionship trophy) and bd just playing international cricket for 10 years. also sky sports commentry in eng trying lots od sh~t when bd play bad aginst any other team. so annoying

cricman
November 14, 2008, 04:37 PM
Wow..This Yuvraj Singh is something ! isn't he? India is quite possibly the best team in the world now. They have dynamic players.

I am an England fan BTW and I don't see them beating India in ODI's in India. Maybe one. However, in tests, I think England will offer some stiff resistance. Lets see. I wish the tests were played before the ODI's..

To think he's not even good enough to play Test Cricket for them, shows you how loaded they are

Russell2k7
November 14, 2008, 06:47 PM
what the... what has Kirsten done with this Indian team. Daymmnn. Too bad for England even we didnt beaten that badly by the Saffies.

Murad
November 16, 2008, 11:10 PM
Wow

India 3 down already. 29/3 after 8th over.

Broad took all 3 wickets.

Russell2k7
November 17, 2008, 04:17 AM
funny Yuvraj thinks that whenever he bats good he can bowl all 50 overs and give like 500 runs lol

itskapil
November 17, 2008, 08:02 AM
India v/s England 2nd ODI at Indore on Nov 17, 2008

The videos have been arranged chronologically.

DOWNLOAD THEM ALL AND FEEL THE GAME !!!

India win toss, elect to bat
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678764/IndiaStartsbatting.flv

India lose early wickets
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678811/IndiaLoseEarlyWickets.flv

Gambhir and Yuvraj steady India
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678807/YuvrajAndGambhirSteadyIndia.flv

2nd ODI: Gambhir, Yuvraj hit fifty each
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678746/GambhiAndYuvrajHitHalfCenturies.flv

2nd ODI: Yuvraj slams another century
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678644/Yuvrajslamsanothercentury-hemadeit.avi

2nd ODI: Yuvraj helps India set 293 for Eng
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678808/YuvrajAndPathanHelpsIndiaPost292.flv

England suffer early blow
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678711/Englandsufferearlyblows.flv

Yuvraj's triple strike puts India on top
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678810/Yuvrajs3strikes.flv

Yuvraj claims fourth wicket, Eng eight down
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2678809/YuvrajClaims4thWichet-England8down.flv

2nd ODI: India beat England by 54 runs
http://www.ziddu.com/downloadlink/2679167/IndiabeatEnglandby54runs.flv

The videos are in .flv format.

In case you don’t have software to play it, I would recommend you downloading the software named JetAudio from the following link. It’s a freeware software.

Link for Jetaudio: http://www.filehippo.com/download_jetaudio/

Surfer
November 17, 2008, 08:45 AM
funny Yuvraj thinks that whenever he bats good he can bowl all 50 overs and give like 500 runs lol

Whatever makes you say that. Because I think he bowled very well for 28/4 in his 10 overs.

al Furqaan
November 17, 2008, 09:59 AM
To think he's not even good enough to play Test Cricket for them, shows you how loaded they are

a billion people who love cricket, you'd expect them to have 15-20 amazing players...its about time.

which means, that if BD keeps treading the water, eventually we're bound to find some class players through mere chance alone.

remember, the tendulkars, the wasims, the waqars, and the muralis are NOT created by their domestic infrastructures, they might be perfected by them, but they are created from the chance recombinations of meiosis I.

Beamer
November 17, 2008, 12:20 PM

With Ganguly retiring, I am sure he will own the no.6 spot in tests from now on. His power hitting really amazes me. Once again he did it to England.

Sovik
November 17, 2008, 02:16 PM
its gonna be 6-1 if not 7-0

JonBain
November 17, 2008, 10:21 PM
Gary Kirsten is a magician!

auntu
November 18, 2008, 01:39 AM
Probably at present India is playing their best cricket of all time.

yaseer
November 18, 2008, 04:11 AM
Pieterson or Flintoff has to shine to make this series interesting. Otherwise it is going to be a long boring one.
BCCI also would like them to shine. They would not like to have 3 dead games and some financial lose :D ..........otherwise 7 match series will not be justified.

Baundule
November 18, 2008, 09:24 AM
BCCI will probably lose the next match to keep the series alive.

Tigers_eye
November 19, 2008, 02:07 PM
I just read that Board got a "Fao" (free) wicket? (Sharma's)

Thank you to those who do not like technology.

Sovik
November 19, 2008, 04:18 PM
Ishant Sharma is fit to play. England is in deep trouble

smashyboy
November 19, 2008, 05:38 PM

He worked his magic by not doing anything. Best thing he has done is not messing with Dhoni's strategy and thinking.

Murad
November 20, 2008, 12:50 AM
England is hit by Bangladeshi diarhea.

They were 79 for 0 in the 15th overs and now 106 for 3 in 21 over.

BD-Shardul
November 20, 2008, 01:05 AM
ENG scoring at JO rate.

Baundule
November 20, 2008, 05:07 AM
ENG scoring at JO rate.
ha ha ha. That's a good one. :D

Sovik
November 20, 2008, 06:14 AM
England had the chance to make it 6-1

JonBain
November 21, 2008, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBain

He worked his magic by not doing anything. Best thing he has done is not messing with Dhoni's strategy and thinking.

Now that takes a special kind of magic : subtlety.
You're right though, too many coaches interfere instead of allowing the players to think for themselves.

One World
November 21, 2008, 08:35 PM
Probably at present India is playing their best cricket of all time.

In the home soil as well.

Nocturnal
November 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
4-0 after match 4.
most likely it will be 7-0 after match 7 too!!

mahbubH
November 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
The standard of cricket is very high. Congratulations to both the teams.

mahbubH
November 23, 2008, 01:40 PM
BCCI will probably lose the next match to keep the series alive.
Does this happen in international cricket?

Miraz
November 23, 2008, 01:57 PM
Pietersen's honeymoon is over. A 7-0 drubbing followed by a 2-0 Test series loss might ring the bell for a premature break-up.

Sovik
November 23, 2008, 03:08 PM
Pietersen's honeymoon is over. A 7-0 drubbing followed by a 2-0 Test series loss might ring the bell for a premature break-up.

his downfall started in windies

Ashfaq
November 23, 2008, 04:39 PM
A stark difference. Against SAF, KP himself was in good form, and the team looked shoulder and head ahead of their opponents. In India. KP is just as hapless as our very own Ash, and Bangkadesh couldn't have played much worse than what England is Playing now. Performing Captains are such a rare breed, because they are damn valuable to the team.

Hoping to see better cricket from England. It gets boring after awhile. We bangladeshi's are immune to onesided games, but the rest of the world aren't.

JonBain
November 23, 2008, 05:53 PM
Looks like Pietersen is wilting under the pressure.
The way he was whining after the 3rd match made me remove him as my favourite player.

He claimed that they needed to bat first to win, but he knew that Duckworth-Lewis method would favour the side batting second and he knew the conditions were bad, and he won the toss!

oi!

I don't have a favourite cricketer anymore. sniff.
I feel sorry for him, but what on Earth was he thinking when he said that?

India must not take the foot off the accelerator.
World cricket really needs a new number 1 team.
And India have always had the most gentlemanly players, they deserve to be number 1.

South Africa are kicking ourselves to not have kept Gary Kirsten as a coach.

auntu
November 23, 2008, 09:03 PM
[বাংলা]ইংল্যান্ড কি টেষ্ট ম্যাচও খেলবে ?! ব্যাটাদের লজ্জাও নাই।[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
November 23, 2008, 11:13 PM
[বাংলা]ইংল্যান্ড কি টেষ্ট ম্যাচও খেলবে ?! ব্যাটাদের লজ্জাও নাই।[/বাংলা]
Who is the serial loser?

JonBain
November 24, 2008, 03:44 PM
Who is the serial loser?

Well even though i cannot seem to find a free Bengali translator program, I'm pretty sure I know who he's talking about.

Since he cut off his skunk and became a skinhead, I think he accidently shaved his brains off with his hair. Poor fellow. England should convince him to grow his skunk back, then maybe he will have more luck. :smug:

Sovik
November 26, 2008, 08:17 AM
England score 270 for 4. they could have easily scored over 300 if they didn't send collingwood ahead of shah.

thebest
November 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
Eng losing this 105/0. Shewag 57* Tendy 41*
GO INDIA GO.
Break the sorry face of the TRAITOR LOUD MOUTH Fake English - Holier than Pope Pieterson

Sovik
November 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
shewag got a bad decision against him

BD-Shardul
November 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
Do you know who can stop this Indian juggernaut?

There is only one guy capable of doing it. It is our Mashrafe Mortaza.

bharat
November 26, 2008, 11:57 AM
Do you know who can stop this Indian juggernaut?

Get Mendis and the Indians will be halted !!

What an irony a spinner creating havoc :-| .Next series with the Lankans will be interesting ..With the novelty of Mendis faded will the Indians be able to dominate him ? personally I dont think so ..but you never know about Dhoni's men.

Nadim
November 26, 2008, 12:49 PM
its 5-0 to India

Nocturnal
November 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
easy win for india. 5-0 ...2 more to go!!

Surfer
November 26, 2008, 02:45 PM

What an irony a spinner creating havoc :-| .Next series with the Lankans will be interesting ..With the novelty of Mendis faded will the Indians be able to dominate him ? personally I dont think so ..but you never know about Dhoni's men.

We did win a series against Lanka with Mendis.

But yes. It seems that Mendis can be the answer to India.

bharat
November 26, 2008, 03:19 PM
We did win a series against Lanka with Mendis.

But yes. It seems that Mendis can be the answer to India.

Rightly pointed out ..

I am on Roll man .. a narrow 3-2 win against a lowly Lanka is as good as a Loss :-*

P.S - Just trying to be cheeky..trying to see how it feels to be an Aussie.Cant wait for that day when I can take an Indian win for granted.Given the money that is being pumped into Indian cricket it better show me that day sooner rather than later.

Sovik
November 26, 2008, 03:41 PM
its going to be 7-0

HereWeGo
November 27, 2008, 01:35 AM
According to CNN-IBN the series just got cancelled following the Mumbai attack....
looks like there wont be any champions trophy or IPL either (atleast not too many stars).....

thebest
November 27, 2008, 02:04 AM
England canceled tour (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/379839.html). Those mindless bigots stopped Indian Juggernut what KP failed to do

BD-Shardul
November 27, 2008, 02:06 AM
England canceled tour (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/379839.html). Those mindless bigots stopped Indian Juggernut what KP failed to do

Good excuse popped up at the right time. Relief for England.

HereWeGo
November 27, 2008, 02:13 AM
Good excuse popped up at the right time. Relief for England.

Dude i wont call it an excuse....i would call it a valid reason.
This is human life we are talking about...not some series that would be forgotten even before the next series starts.

CHABAN
November 27, 2008, 05:01 AM

We forget that India won 3-2 against a Mendis Sri Lanka in the recent series in Sri Lanka....

mahbubH
November 27, 2008, 05:04 AM
Lucky England, they escaped a 7-0.

Tehsin
November 27, 2008, 11:46 AM
Whew, it was getting ugly. Not that 5-0 looks any better. India should have just played Bangladesh.

Aside from Mendis and SL, is there anyone who can stop India? SA in SA perhaps? Aus in Aus will probably still fail. This Indian side is pretty close to being number one with Australia waning. Congrats.

sbsash
November 27, 2008, 01:02 PM
indian fans are probably upset that india didn't get to white wash england 7-0

Surfer
November 27, 2008, 03:18 PM
indian fans are probably upset that india didn't get to white wash england 7-0

There is no lack of things to be upset about for us sbsash. Cricket isn't really on top of our minds right now.

Nocturnal
December 11, 2008, 02:30 AM
Finally test series started!
India vs England: 1st test @ Chennai
England won the toss and elected to bat first
England 117/0 (39.0 ov)
Good start by both english opener
Strauss- *63, Cook- *52

live score (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indveng/engine/current/match/361050.html)

Nocturnal
December 11, 2008, 02:38 AM
and Eng lost their first wicket in the same over!

Eng 119/1

So, after 40 overs India dislodge what was a superb opening act for England. Cook worked hard for his 52. Now its up to Strauss to go deep. He's on 64. In comes Ian Bell but he won't face yet.

39.6 Harbhajan Singh to Cook, OUT, and Cook loses his composure in what has been a top over! Harbhajan is rewarded for a nagging few deliveries, he takes pace off the ball and tosses it up, Cook fetches it from outside off stump with a mess of an attempted slog sweep, the ball skies up into the air and Zaheer settles under it at mid-on ... Cook was batting really well until that brain freeze

AN Cook c Khan b Harbhajan Singh 52 (116b 5x4 0x6) SR: 44.82

MohammedC
December 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
England lost their way at the end. They need 400+ run stand any chance.

sandpiper
December 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
I think a lead of 300 is enough to hunt down the hosts.

JonBain
December 14, 2008, 09:53 PM
the crooked finger is doing its thing

sandpiper
December 14, 2008, 09:57 PM
What happened to the comments posted lately in this thread ? I smell something fishy here.

Nocturnal
December 15, 2008, 07:56 AM
What happened to the comments posted lately in this thread ? I smell something fishy here.

I think nothing fishy here- somehow you missed that we have two diff thread!! :)
the other one is here - link (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=28552)

Anyways, I was privileged to watch the full final day of 1st test and was simply amazed by how indian's gradually getting closer to no#1 spot!! and KP's bizarre defensive field setting from getgo didn't help his cause either! singles were given too easily and batsman were SRT & UV not OUR AA. No rush. Both legend batsman apply them selves and only hit boundaries when it was offered!
Congrats!! Test cricket at it's best!
Day Five- Final Session- Full House - better team wins!

mahbubH
December 15, 2008, 08:00 AM
Congrats India.. a great win.