PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes

acbizz
November 21, 2003, 11:40 AM
Why is a tongue mightier than a sword ?
A sword can only kill one person at a time.

Hurtful words kill three people at once.

The one about whom they are spoken,
the one who said them, and the one who listened. - B.R.

What's your ?

chinaman
November 21, 2003, 01:22 PM
Hmm, interesting topic.

oracle
November 21, 2003, 01:23 PM
"That human mind is like a parachute - it functions better when it is open."
Cole's Rules

"You think that because you understand ONE you understand TWO, because one and one makes two. But you must understand AND"

oracle
November 21, 2003, 01:31 PM
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
(Albert Einstein)

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
(The Dalai Lama)

Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.
(Kahlil Gibran)

Tehsin
November 21, 2003, 10:00 PM
oracle, I did not get the last one.

oracle
November 22, 2003, 08:05 AM
Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.

Yes, a mystical piece from the lebanese poet.
This is my interpretation. He is trying to say that the heart (where the soul resides) is superior to the brain. Feelings, hunches and Intuitions contain an element of truth. Human Intellect and Knowledge just have a certain limit.
It is similar to sufi thought that wisdom could be aquired by other means without reading heaps of books.

Zobair
November 22, 2003, 10:41 PM
oracle! this sufi concept is quite intriguing...I was introduced to it by Shekh Mukhtar Maghraoui (sp.?). Does make you think doesn't it?!...the ability to feel something in a matter of few seconds what one quests for a life time through acquiring knowledge...

Ajfar
November 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
"Doctors don’t have a life. I want to save lives. That’s all good and nice. But I don’t want to lose my life in saving other lives."

"Gold jacket, green jacket...who gives a s**t." -Happy Gilmore-

"u knw i like money i have some i keep it in a jar on top of the refrigerator, i want some more n that's where you come in" - Adam Slander- Wedding Singer

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me."
-Dr. Seuss

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. "
--Michael Jordan

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.- Muhammad Ali

List your fav quotess...

Antora
November 7, 2007, 03:43 AM
I really like this one.. its on my signature aswell but it wouldnt let me type the full one!..grrrrr

" Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful
beyond measure.
it is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves,who am I to be brillian,gorgeous,talented and fabulous?
actually. who are you NOT to be?"- Nelson Mandela

Rabz
November 7, 2007, 09:29 AM
"Sh!t happens"

" I made him an offer he couldnt refuse"

" Life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breathe away."

Tigers_eye
November 7, 2007, 09:38 AM
"We belong to you and certainly will return to you." - Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.
"we are among the wrong doers." - Inni kunto minaz zalimin. (zalem'der ontorbukhto)
"You are the most Gracious and the most Merciful". - Ar Rahmanur Rahim.

Orpheus
November 7, 2007, 09:43 AM
"You are ugly" - strange girl in Jackson Heights

Orpheus
November 7, 2007, 09:47 AM
"We belong to you and certainly will return to you." - Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.
"we are among the wrong doers." - Inni kunto minaz zalimin. (zalem'der ontorbukhto)
"You are the most Gracious and the most Merciful". - Ar Rahmanur Rahim.

Khala kalla zi wa khala kalla ni - Tui kala, aar tor Nani-o Kala.

Tigers_eye
November 7, 2007, 09:47 AM
My post is snadwitched between "Sh!t happens" and "You are ugly". wa wa korey khandey avatar ta pachchi na.

Ajfar
November 7, 2007, 10:03 AM
this is deff my fav quoteee

"Colleges want more money then a $10 Hooker"- my western civ. teacher

Ahmed_B
November 7, 2007, 10:51 AM
A few among my favorites...

“Words build passion if you use them with gentle confidence and trust.”

“Should you wish to conversate with one of my personalities, then ensure that you are contacting the right one.”

“Winners don’t need identity politics - they know they are winners. Losers need identity politics to feel better. Be a winner.”

AsifTheManRahman
November 7, 2007, 11:05 AM
"Winning is everything. The only ones that remember you when you lose are your wife and your dog" - some random Formula 1 racer.

Morale of the story - never lose!

sandpiper
November 7, 2007, 01:53 PM
"Truth is much too complicated to allow anything but approximation."
-- John Von Neumann

zahid
November 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
Alone you are strong, Together you are Invincible - STAR WARS game on Nintendo DS

It is not whether you win or lose but how you play the game - unkown.

Nocturnal
November 7, 2007, 03:10 PM
"All our lives we are giving and accepting reasons. Reasons are the coin we pay for the beliefs we hold."

Kabir
November 7, 2007, 03:25 PM
A few days ago I sent this quote as a message to my newly married wife:

"I recently read that love is entirely a matter of chemistry. That must be why you treat me like toxic waste."

al Furqaan
November 7, 2007, 09:18 PM
my signature, which since its bound to be changed, is at the time of posting

There is no 'moral high ground' in the abyss of amorality.

Orpheus
November 7, 2007, 09:48 PM
A few days ago I sent this quote as a message to my newly married wife:

"I recently read that love is entirely a matter of chemistry. That must be why you treat me like toxic waste."

ah LOVE... ki shundor kotha.... wait until Biology takes over... After Biology it's usually history...

that's your American love.

Sohel
November 7, 2007, 11:38 PM
"GOD is dead - Nietzsche ... Nietzsche is dead- GOD" - Unknown.

Kabir
November 8, 2007, 12:36 AM
ah LOVE... ki shundor kotha.... wait until Biology takes over... After Biology it's usually history...

that's your American love.

Inconsistency dekha dilo...ekdom hashi pailo na like other times!!! :( :down:

Orpheus
November 8, 2007, 01:28 AM
Inconsistency dekha dilo...ekdom hashi pailo na like other times!!! :( :down:

sorry bhai, believe it or not, out of everyone, I knew you wouldn't find it funny because it seems like something negative is implied there. Hell you would and should be offended. To compensate, I added "american love" there in an attempt to dodge a reply similar to yours. You are a damn Bangali man... be proud. When it comes to history, Bangalees are not students, we are teachers. We teach how it's done.

It's just I found your quote hilarious, so hilarity took over common sense. And thanks for laughing (or atleast implying) at my other stupid posts... it's really silly most of the time. One has to have some extra-ordinarily weird sense of humor to find most of those funny. You, Kabir bhai are not only smarter but will also live longer than majority here at BC. I think sense of humor should be the yardstick to measure intelligence and longevity.

Sometimes I wish I found some of you guy's sense of humor in my girlfriend. I tell her a joke, she goes "so what?" .. I mean, if it's not funny, pretend to laugh. I am a human being not a toxic waste dump. But such treatment gets to my head, I become persistent until she laughs, and when she does... i can't help but think to myself "those are some ugly a$$ teeth she got there" - all that effort down the toilet.

Rabz
November 8, 2007, 01:45 AM
Sometimes I wish I found some of you guy's sense of humor in my girlfriend. I tell her a joke, she goes "so what?" .. I mean, if it's not funny, pretend to laugh. I am a human being not a toxic waste dump. But such treatment gets to my head, I become persistent until she laughs, and when she does... i can't help but think to myself "those are some ugly a$$ teeth she got there" - all that effort down the toilet.

:floor::floor::floor:

cant live with them,
cant live without 'em...

nari jati boroi mushkil jinish.

Kabir
November 8, 2007, 09:37 AM

Bhai re, I hear you. My wife keeps doing this all the time. When I tell her something HILARIOUS, and I myself am rolling on the floor laughing, she keeps sitting and staring at me, saying "I didn't get it, that was a stupid joke". I then have to work hard to stop laughing, and then get up, and sit next to her, and say "I'm confused. I don't know whether to laugh at the joke or at you"!

On other days, when I say just something so silly that it's not even funny, she keeps laughing and says that was a good joke. I get even more confused then. Like, was it a good joke? Or is she making fun of me?

Ajfar
November 8, 2007, 09:58 AM
"You don't want your daughter going, 'Mommy, Mommy! What's prom like?' and you have to say 'Hunnie, I don't really remember what prom was like...which is partly the reason you're here."

"According to Darwin, if you reproduce-you're a winner...that kid who dropped out of school and knocked up his girlfriend...he's a winner."

Kabir
November 8, 2007, 10:12 AM
On a more serious note, this is what I was telling my mom last night.

"We don't know who discovered water, but we know it wasn't the fish"
-- Marshall McLuhan

sandpiper
November 8, 2007, 11:50 AM
Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Melancholy
November 8, 2007, 03:20 PM

Ha ha....I hvn't heard a better joke from you for a long time...
U know what I think ur gf is very smart soo ur stupid jokes doesn't do anything for her....I am sure u probably have told her the "BLIND, CRIPPLED ,and the BEGGER" Joke million times....I feel sorry for her.L-)