PDA

View Full Version : Hashim Amla

arrowana40
December 5, 2008, 04:57 PM
Peace

I am a South African who is a friend of Hashim Amla and Ive been reading the posts in this forum while my country was touring Bangladesh and also when Bangladesh came to South Africa.

Lets clarify a few things.

1. Members of this forum were up in arms over Hashim Amla asking the room service in Bangladesh if the food is Halaal. He always makes sure that he eats Halaal to the best of his abiility and this is something which is not from ignorance (He is aware that Bangladesh is a overwhelming Muslim majority country).

2. I think that Bangladesh should worry about there own players instead of making a noise about Hashim Amla. When Bangladesh was touring South Africa, the Bangladeshi players started eating from the food allocated by the South African Cricket Management to the muslims in the South African Squad. Unfortunately, only a small amount of Halaal food was allocated for Hashim Amla and some other muslim members. When enquiries were made about the food allocated to the Bangladeshi players, It was made known that the Bangladeshi Management had asked for no alcohol and pork. This as any muslims knows, is a grossly insufficient discription of Halaal. It is almost certain that during the Bangladeshi cricketers stay in South Africa, they consumed food which was not halaal. So, instead of harping about Hashim Amlas scrupulousness, my advice would be to make sure your team make the proper arrangements for Halaal food. It could have a major effect on their performance :smug:

3.Another area which I want to touch on is the absolute lack of objectiveness when your captain, Muhammad Ashraful , decided to press on with the decision of Hashim Amla being run out after getting knocked over by Murtaza. It was the antithesis of sportsmanship. But , I can overlook that. What amazed me was the complete silence over this controversial affair on this forum with not a single forum member raising a voice about it.

I would like to see Bangladesh Cricket improve. Maybe a starting point would be to make sure the players eat Halaal. In the end, your team needs to go back to the drawing board. It is a known fact amongst the majority of cricketing fans throughout the world that Bangladesh is not deserving of a test spot. Learn patience. Maybe the first place you can start is for your team to see it in practical fashion by observing Hashim Amla.

Looking forward to hearing your replies.

Miraz
December 5, 2008, 05:12 PM
Welcome arrowana40 to Banglacricket.

Many thanks for your observation about our boys during their stay in South Africa. Really appreciate it. However, I personally don't think eating halal has any relation to their on-field performance.

Hashim Amla is a practicing muslim and he takes the complete responsibility of his foods. It's his personal choice. Every man/player has the right to choose his own food. If Bangladesh players are happy with their choice, I don't see any problem in that.

Now, if they are ignorantly taking beef/chicken or other meats assuming they are halal, in that case you have a valid concern.

Anyway, enjoy your stay at BC and good luck to your team in Australia.

One World
December 5, 2008, 08:12 PM
:) :) :)

bujhee kom
December 5, 2008, 10:36 PM
what happened? who ate the pork-chop? the other white meat? take it easy senor...!
are you hashim amla himself appearing as arrowana40? is 40 hashim's real age? did hashim get a stomach upset after eating something in BD? i hope not! that man sure can bat....!

Spitfire_x86
December 6, 2008, 01:54 AM
3.Another area which I want to touch on is the absolute lack of objectiveness when your captain, Muhammad Ashraful , decided to press on with the decision of Hashim Amla being run out after getting knocked over by Murtaza. It was the antithesis of sportsmanship. But , I can overlook that. What amazed me was the complete silence over this controversial affair on this forum with not a single forum member raising a voice about it.
Someone did, somewhere in the match thread of that match :)

auntu
December 6, 2008, 02:05 PM
Interesting thing is I met a cousin of Hashim Amla here in Dhaka last night at a wedding ceremony. His name is Mohammad Amla. Basically Amla's are from Gujrat, India. They are doing business here. They are the 3rd generation of their family.

Hashim Amla's grandfather was 3 brothers. 2 went to SAF and 1 came to Bangladesh. Mohammad's grandfather was the brother of Hashim's grandfather. When SAF team came here he had dinner with them at Mohammad's house.

Baundule
December 11, 2008, 03:12 AM
Welcome to BC, arrowana40.

Peace

1. Members of this forum were up in arms over Hashim Amla asking the room service in Bangladesh if the food is Halaal. He always makes sure that he eats Halaal to the best of his abiility and this is something which is not from ignorance (He is aware that Bangladesh is a overwhelming Muslim majority country).

That is no problem. I met an Indian guy in Germany, who was asking me where Bangladesh is actually. He just saw it in the TV that Bangladesh is a country of natural clamities, cyclone, flood, ...you know. :) This happens for some guys, no problem with it. And that's why I do not mind, if a Halal fanatic does not know whether Bangladeshi Muslims are 'sachcha(true)' muslims or not.

2. I think that Bangladesh should worry about there own players instead of making a noise about Hashim Amla. When Bangladesh was touring South Africa, the Bangladeshi players started eating from the food allocated by the South African Cricket Management to the muslims in the South African Squad. Unfortunately, only a small amount of Halaal food was allocated for Hashim Amla and some other muslim members. When enquiries were made about the food allocated to the Bangladeshi players, It was made known that the Bangladeshi Management had asked for no alcohol and pork. This as any muslims knows, is a grossly insufficient discription of Halaal. It is almost certain that during the Bangladeshi cricketers stay in South Africa, they consumed food which was not halaal. So, instead of harping about Hashim Amlas scrupulousness, my advice would be to make sure your team make the proper arrangements for Halaal food. It could have a major effect on their performance :smug:

You are right, Bangladesh should be concerned (worry, I guess is not the right word) more about their own players and to add, SA should also do the same. The SA management should have made it clear which food is for whom to save you from whinning like Joey (TV Serial 'Friends') that Bangladeshi players did take Amla's extraordinarily Halal food. Btw, what is the description of Halal? And I am very curious how Amla ensures that he is eating Halal (in your or his definition) food. For example, if he is eating some chicken, how he ensures that it is Halal? During the processing, do they play some recorded 'Allahu Akbar' on stereos?

Did Murtaza knocked him out intentionally? I could not follow the incident. Any youtube?

I would like to see Bangladesh Cricket improve. Maybe a starting point would be to make sure the players eat Halaal. In the end, your team needs to go back to the drawing board. It is a known fact amongst the majority of cricketing fans throughout the world that Bangladesh is not deserving of a test spot. Learn patience. Maybe the first place you can start is for your team to see it in practical fashion by observing Hashim Amla.

Here you get fabulous, my friend! Eating Halal is the starting point for good performances in cricket! :D All the greta players in cricket do eat Halal food.

But I do not buy your words that you would like to see Bangladesh Cricket improve. Because a well-wisher never starts with saying to you that you have no right to live, though I want you live safe and sound. Or, may be, you are a true well-wisher. But your suggestion about eating Halal food as performance increase meaure shows I do not really need to care much about what such a well-wisher does suggest.

Be happy with your Amla. But a Halal-fanatic is no way an idol, like a terrorist is no way an idol to follow Islam.

BanCricFan
December 11, 2008, 08:30 AM
Much ado bout nafing!

mijanur
December 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
Much ado bout nafing!

lol we learned abt much ado about nothing in english

Zeeshan
December 25, 2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome arrowana40 to Banglacricket.

Many thanks for your observation about our boys during their stay in South Africa. Really appreciate it. However, I personally don't think eating halal has any relation to their on-field performance.
Hashim Amla is a practicing muslim and he takes the complete responsibility of his foods. It's his personal choice. Every man/player has the right to choose his own food. If Bangladesh players are happy with their choice, I don't see any problem in that.

Now, if they are ignorantly taking beef/chicken or other meats assuming they are halal, in that case you have a valid concern.

Anyway, enjoy your stay at BC and good luck to your team in Australia.

lol Miraz bhai put it best..... or else we have to worry abt correlations lyk:

-if riding in a car wit dhaka metro number plate begins with 'gaw', then 3 players might get a duck
-red underwear will decrease wicket taking abilities
-drinking fruity mango juice is not a substitute for batsmen wearing cups
and of course my favorite:
-players abstaining from watching movies where the lead stegosaurus gets killed by a malfunctioning bulldozer ending through time portal cuz they might get sued for match fixing next day

:confused:

Rommel
December 25, 2008, 05:21 PM
lol Miraz bhai put it best..... or else we have to worry abt correlations lyk:

-if riding in a car wit dhaka metro number plate begins with 'gaw', then 3 players might get a duck
-red underwear will decrease wicket taking abilities
-drinking fruity mango juice is not a substitute for batsmen wearing cups
and of course my favorite:
-players abstaining from watching movies where the lead stegosaurus gets killed by a malfunctioning bulldozer ending through time portal cuz they might get sued for match fixing next day

:confused:
:floor::floor::floor::floor:

Alien
January 3, 2009, 12:17 AM
You can't defend Amla by talking like Amla.

al Furqaan
January 3, 2009, 04:34 PM
But a Halal-fanatic is no way an idol, like a terrorist is no way an idol to follow Islam.

totally not true.

first off, i have never been a halaal strict person, but i will aknowledge that halaal is better.

if we look 2 things:

- tangible reality
- spiritual stuff

in reality halaal is no different than the organic craze thats taken over the market. no filthy feed, no antiobiotics, no hormones, no artificial carcinogens, no preservatives, etc, etc, etc. this is not the way sharia is interpreted, however this is in lines with the quran's injunction of "do not harm yourself [in any way, shape, or form]".

secondly there is the spiritual aspect in which case it would definitely bring the n'ima from above. and who knows maybe that translates into increased batting averages :)

ahaque
January 13, 2009, 10:20 PM
Amla is a good cricketer especially in test

sandpiper
January 26, 2009, 05:21 PM
This awkward person played a pivotal role in South Africa's successful chase towards the spectacular win against World Champions.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/367172.jpg?alt=2

Zeeshan
January 26, 2009, 06:06 PM
google pagad images

arifbd
February 2, 2009, 09:55 PM
i am from BD in NYC. i just wish BD players were more like HAshim AMla. He should be a role model for the BD players. I like people like HAshim AMla who doesnt allow the money to get to his head and not care about his religion. because the BD players probably eat haram foods when they tour other countries and probably never pray.
i respect Hashim AMla very much. he is a very good player. ASH was a idiot in taking that descision. he should have went against the umpires descion went he called the run out

jabbar
February 3, 2009, 01:23 AM
This forum gets crazier by the day.

Shaan
February 3, 2009, 03:29 AM
Amla is a decent batsman who rarely plays cross batted shots like cut and pull. Most of the shots he produce are from the full face of his bat which minimize his risk of edging and uncontrolled airy shots, probably those are the reason he is having great consistency.

thebest
February 3, 2009, 12:16 PM
because forum's average age dropped sharply. There are now more teens in the forum than post 30 and teen is the best time for craziness

Zeeshan
February 3, 2009, 03:41 PM

...and unboring.

arifbd
February 3, 2009, 05:40 PM
because forum's average age dropped sharply. There are now moreuld be teens in the forum than post 30 and teen is the best time for craziness

do adults come to this site. i thought internet was something for teens not men in their 30s. they should be thinking about their family not cricket.

arifbd
February 3, 2009, 05:41 PM
Shaan
ODI Cricketer Join Date: March 11, 2004
Favorite Player: SHAKIB,Rahim,Alok,Mash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amla is a decent batsman who rarely plays cross batted shots like cut and pull. Most of the shots he produce are from the full face of his bat which minimize his risk of edging and uncontrolled airy shots, probably those are the reason he is having great consistency.

soccer20reverse
February 3, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hashem Amla is an amazing player and an amazing person. I don't see anything wrong in the fact that he makes sure that he is doing his part in being religious in all countries. Bangladesh isn't a famous country that everyone should know about it. I like the fact that Hashem Amla respcts players, and plays cricket. He seems like he is in a world of his own when he plays. Amazing player, amazing man, amazing beard. He's one of the players I look to do good(support) in the South African team (might be the only one).

Zeeshan
February 3, 2009, 06:52 PM
Hashem Amla is an amazing player and an amazing person. I don't see anything wrong in the fact that he makes sure that he is doing his part in being religious in all countries. Bangladesh isn't a famous country that everyone should know about it. I like the fact that Hashem Amla respcts players, and plays cricket. He seems like he is in a world of his own when he plays. Amazing player, amazing man, amazing beard. He's one of the players I look to do good(support) in the South African team (might be the only one).

Here comes the House of Motoos....

Alien
February 3, 2009, 07:12 PM
i am from BD in NYC. i just wish BD players were more like HAshim AMla. He should be a role model for the BD players. I like people like HAshim AMla who doesnt allow the money to get to his head and not care about his religion. because the BD players probably eat haram foods when they tour other countries and probably never pray.
i respect Hashim AMla very much. he is a very good player. ASH was a idiot in taking that descision. he should have went against the umpires descion went he called the run out

During Ajaan or prayer time does Hashim Amla drop his bat and run to the dressing room to pray?

Why do you have to be so judgemental? If BD players are being bad muslims, then they'll cop it later like all of us. But no point saying, Mr. X will score a duck tomorrow because he missed his Magrib prayers.

sandpiper
February 3, 2009, 07:15 PM
Nicely put.
During Ajaan or prayer time does Hashim Amla drop his bat and run to the dressing room to pray?

Why do you have to be so judgemental? If BD players are being bad muslims, then they'll cop it later like all of us. But no point saying, Mr. X will score a duck tomorrow because he missed his Magrib prayers.