PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Smith-Captain Courageous??

shabbir
January 7, 2009, 04:04 AM
Today he tried to bat for almost 9 overs to save his side with a broken hand and tennis elbow.

This is called leading from the front,playing for the country if he would have hit same place again his career could have been over.

I have no question in my mind,what a champ he is and his courage never be question again.

thebest
January 7, 2009, 08:42 AM
First time I heard him as captain he was crying after the abuse he received from Fleming in NZ. I find him too aggresive and obnoxious for my liking. But he slowly but surely won my heart. When he retired he would be considered in the same league as that of Imran, Brearly, Worrel - the captain's captain. Truly a great leader who lead from the front

mahbubH
January 7, 2009, 08:56 AM
big effort.. leading from the front...

Baundule
January 7, 2009, 10:01 AM
I like this guy because of his courage mixed with intelligence. He is not afraid to innovate new ideas on the field. For the same reason, Hansie Cronje is still the best in my captain's list. And well, this is why I hate HaBa the most. A captain must be able to adapt his thinking to the changing needs based on the match situation.

Among the current captains, Dhoni is problably the best in terms of courage and 'leading from the front' characteristic. This is one of the main reasons of India's recent success.

mijanur
January 7, 2009, 11:36 AM
this makes me cry (he sobs for 5 mins)

AsifTheManRahman
January 7, 2009, 11:42 AM
http://usa.cricinfo.com/ausvrsa2008_09/content/current/story/385632.html

One word - RESPECT.

Nafi
January 7, 2009, 03:28 PM
Too bad he couldnt make the few balls to draw out the game, he was bowled by a seaming deliver that hit the crack and came back in, by fast bowler MJ.

Nafi
January 7, 2009, 03:30 PM
'They [the australians] were also in awe of Graeme Smith, who carries the square jaw and courage of a superhero.'

Electrequiem
January 7, 2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know why, but if they do another Superman movie, Graeme Smith would be the perfect titular character. I've thought so even BEFORE this act of bravado. Something about his physique and attitude...

Zeeshan
January 7, 2009, 04:39 PM
minus his jay leno chin...

Sovik
January 10, 2009, 05:24 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/94200/94234.jpg

he is not the only one but it was a brave effort though