PDA

View Full Version : Second tear World Cup

acker
November 26, 2003, 01:05 AM
Maybe the year following the WC a competition between the second tear developing teams should be staged

Bangladesh
England
Pakistan
Zimbabwe
Namibia
Kenya

The winner goes on to a tournament the following year against the A graders such as the Aussie's , Indians , Saffies & Kiwis

:-/

Sami
November 26, 2003, 08:32 AM
huh? :duh:

Tehsin
November 26, 2003, 12:16 PM
Prolly not gonna happen. I would put BD, Namibia, Kenya, Holland, Canada and one of the ICC Associates in this tier.

You can not put Pakistan, ENgland, and even Zimbabwe in a tier with Bd and the rest. They are all far ahead of this bunch. How can you put any of them in the same class as BD ? They are as good as (50-50) India, NZ, WI, SA and SL.

Arnab
November 26, 2003, 03:28 PM
I propose a two tier system.

1st tier consists of Australia and it's top three club/state teams.

2nd tier: rest of the nations.

It's only fair cuz so many talented Aussies can't make it to the national side.

oracle
November 26, 2003, 03:38 PM

And if they still don't get in get a few of them a tan; a 2 series tax break with a complimentary BD green card and call them BD A and see the competition do wonders.:lol:

acker
November 26, 2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
I

:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/
Their is not as much talent as what you think in the domestic Australian comp Arnab, with the exeption of Micheal Clarke
Love , Katich , Williams and Bracken you could consider as strugglers at best.
After Waugh the aussies will lose Lehman (probably allready finished with injury) , Warne ( probably wont make it back ) , Bichell , Langer , Martyn , McGrath & Magill will probably all retire within the next 3 years.
A rebuild will be neccesary but I cant see as much talent left in the domestic teams as what will be lost.....
:duh:They will become beatable maybe even by the pom's..:saint:

Arnab
November 27, 2003, 12:27 AM
Well, you're wrong. Did you sleep through the last tournament where they thrashed India without McGrath, Gillespie, Waugh, Warne, Lehmann?

And WHY will Martyn retire? He is in top form and impeccable physical shape. Langer doesn't even play in ODIs.

With the exeption of Micheal Clarke
Love , Katich , Williams and Bracken ? Why would I count them as exceptions? They are the future of Australian cricket. And they had to fight hard to get selected. There's probably more players like them flooding the domestic leagues.

Originally posted by acker
I

:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/
Their is not as much talent as what you think in the domestic Australian comp Arnab, with the exeption of Micheal Clarke
Love , Katich , Williams and Bracken you could consider as strugglers at best.
After Waugh the aussies will lose Lehman (probably allready finished with injury) , Warne ( probably wont make it back ) , Bichell , Langer , Martyn , McGrath & Magill will probably all retire within the next 3 years.
A rebuild will be neccesary but I cant see as much talent left in the domestic teams as what will be lost.....
:duh:They will become beatable maybe even by the pom's..:saint:

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Arnab]

acker
November 27, 2003, 12:34 AM
Well, you're wrong. Did you sleep through the last tournament where they thrashed India without

They might get past India with that lot but South Africa would be a different story , and lets not forget Hayden & Gilchrist equal half a team by them selves.

acker
November 27, 2003, 12:43 AM
Martyn would retire because like Bevan who I accidently left out (who also will be close to retiring ) are shadows of the former run getters they used to be , Haydo & Gilly with their 80 + strike rates are the glowing lights of the team. Martyn & Bevan both hang around that 50-60 strike rate and have both been around the Australian scene for about 15 yrs , history shows that unless your a captain your usualy dismissed from the Aussie line up before your 35 , both those guys will hit that in the next couple of years.

Arnab
November 27, 2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by acker
Martyn would retire because like Bevan who I accidently left out (who also will be close to retiring ) are shadows of the former run getters they used to be , Haydo & Gilly with their 80 + strike rates are the glowing lights of the team. Martyn & Bevan both hang around that 50-60 strike rate and have both been around the Australian scene for about 15 yrs , history shows that unless your a captain your usualy dismissed from the Aussie line up before your 35 , both those guys will hit that in the next couple of years.

That's not a good argument at all.

You are exaggerating some stats to only look ridiculous.

First of all, Martyn and Bevan have not been around for 10-15 years in the national side.

Secondly, their strike rate is decent enough, and more than world class for middle order batsmen. And their averages are beyond AWESOME. They are physically active and injuryless. As long as they are performing well, which they are doing VERY WELL, they have no chance of getting kicked out of the team.

Even if we consider your loony assumptions and think that they are gonna be kicked out in two years, they will go back to doemstic league and score tons of runs for the winning sides, and will still get to play in my proposed system. :)

PS: How old are you?

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Arnab]

acker
November 27, 2003, 01:10 AM
Arnab ?
Thier strike rates are decent enough for who ?

And Bevans 1st class debut was in 89 and Martyn's 90 .. I appologise for being out by a "year" I can now see why you used that big word "overexaduated"

When you have got a best line up that looks like
Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
Symonds
Clarke
(one but not both of the 2 above)
Harvey
Lee
Hogg
Gillespie
McGrath