PDA

View Full Version : Dilshan - SL best opener!!!

Crickey
January 24, 2009, 05:45 AM
Well if it wasnt for Dilshan almost two SL matches in BD would have been either won or drawn! SL were saying he is only good with minnows but he is in AMAZING form and averaged above 70+. He is making 137+ as we speak with Pak. It's not that asy to make that score with Pak bowlers. Moreover his strike rate is almost always above 90!!! Happy to see Bd conceded to this quality batsman.

nzfan
January 24, 2009, 06:21 AM
And he couldn't make the eam for the Bangladesh/zimbabwe tri series, terrible squad selection after scoring two centuries

bharat
January 24, 2009, 10:21 AM
Dilshan has completely prooved me wrong ..I though ( I should stop thinking) he was no more than a swishy-wishy batsmen who could only threaten an opposite team for a bit .Infact he always did that against India (and others), he would play a small cameo very ungainly to look at but promising to end any time.

I was first surprised with his match saving innings against BD in the Test match..now this !! He might be a late bloomer ..so do we have a new 'Shock and Awe' player from SL.If that is the case..watch out world cricket

Crickey
January 24, 2009, 12:24 PM
his strike rate both in tests and ODI are very amazing! He has very good endurance too.

Murad
January 25, 2009, 12:31 AM
We gave him the form he needed and now he thrashed the Pak team.

PlanetPak
January 26, 2009, 04:01 PM
Decent player but nothing special

Shaan
January 26, 2009, 04:04 PM
Decent player but nothing special

Ditto...

PlanetPak
January 26, 2009, 04:05 PM
Dilshan has completely prooved me wrong ..I though ( I should stop thinking) he was no more than a swishy-wishy batsmen who could only threaten an opposite team for a bit .Infact he always did that against India (and others), he would play a small cameo very ungainly to look at but promising to end any time.

I was first surprised with his match saving innings against BD in the Test match..now this !! He might be a late bloomer ..so do we have a new 'Shock and Awe' player from SL.If that is the case..watch out world cricket
I reckon he is still the same.

In the recent match against PAK he played and missed at least 10-12 times in the first dozen overs and also had at least 3 edges(top AND outside) falling with in a few feet of the fielders but having said that the pitch was the not the easiest for batting in the first 10-12 overs.

sandpiper
January 26, 2009, 04:06 PM
I thought the credit goes more to the pathetic and mindless bowling of Pakistan in this 3 match series. Dilshan got a solid defence and some nice technique though. But calling him the best SL opener would be a bit hasty right now. We saw the kind of Mahanama, Kaluwitharana, Gunawardene and even legendary Sanath himself is still around.

bharat
January 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
I reckon he is still the same.

In the recent match against PAK he played and missed at least 10-12 times in the first dozen overs and also had at least 3 edges(top AND outside) falling with in a few feet of the fielders but having said that the pitch was the not the easiest for batting in the first 10-12 overs.

Though I did not see the match I expected Pak fast bowlers (Gul especially) to make a mincemeal out of him.The last time I saw Dilshan, he never had the time to play his shots always had to hurry his shots.A decent puller but most of the time he misjudges the length to look ungainly ..a predominantly onside player who plays across the line.

But again Man of the series in Pak and a match saving innings against BD is a good effort.

Will see him more closely in the Ind-SL series.

Ajfar
January 26, 2009, 09:14 PM
murad bhai put it perfectly...us sub-continent fans are very much alike...two gud games in a row n he is the best in the business..

Dhruvo
January 26, 2009, 10:06 PM
He is just in good form, he'll drop after a month or so just like some of our so called "Super Stars" did.

sbsash
January 26, 2009, 10:14 PM
He is just in good form, he'll drop after a month or so just like some of our so called "Super Stars" did.

agree

cricket_king
January 27, 2009, 08:26 PM

I doubt it. He's never played like this at the top of the order. Nor has he scored hundreds so often. He's found some form, but probably changed his style of play somewhat, and I'm pretty sure he'll score more big scores frequently.

Crickey
February 10, 2009, 12:23 PM
Well I still claim he is at the moment best SL opener........ he has highest score in SL and he failed to score 2 times cos of stupid run out..... Today in 20-20 he has highest score of 61 in 47 balls, last time due to him scoring 97 SL saved some face. I still have to see him against good pace of Aus though he still proves he is one of SL best batsman

smashyboy
February 10, 2009, 12:57 PM
Well I still claim he is at the moment best SL opener........ he has highest score in SL and he failed to score 2 times cos of stupid run out..... Today in 20-20 he has highest score of 61 in 47 balls, last time due to him scoring 97 SL saved some face. I still have to see him against good pace of Aus though he still proves he is one of SL best batsman
After irfan pathan drops him at 0 ( an absolute dolly) he made 61.