PDA

View Full Version : Shakib, Mashrafe and Ashraful likely for IPL auction

Miraz
January 26, 2009, 02:39 PM
hakib-al-Hasan, No 1 on the ICC ranking for ODI allrounders, tops the list of seven from Bangladesh and his outstanding performance against Sri Lanka has meant that franchise officials now value him "at around US$500,000".

I hope the value of Shakib will be higher, but still at this value he is more valuable than likes of Graeme Smith, Mahela Jayawardene , Younis Khan, Chanderpaul, Sarwan, Warne, Laxman, Mike Hussey, Flemming, Hayden and most IPL players.

Here's the short list of players likely to be auctioned on February 6

<table width="286" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="txtHeader">Players likely for February 6 auction</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="dotSep" valign="middle">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>

Australia: Brad Haddin, Michael Clarke, Nathan Hauritz, Stuart Clark, Brad Hogg, Beau Casson, Jason Krejza and Shaun Tait.
England: Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Paul Collingwood, Owais Shah, Stuart Broad, Samit Patel, Shaun Udal, Darren Gough, Ryan Sidebottom, Ravi Bopara, Monty Panesar, Robert Key, James Foster.
South Africa: Gulam Bodi, Charl Langeveldt, JP Duminy, Paul Harris.
Pakistan: Asim Kamal, Yasir Hameed.
New Zealand: Mark Gillespie, Tim Southee, Jesse Ryder, Jeetan Patel.
Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan, Ashraful Haque, Mashrafe Mortaza.
Sri Lanka: Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Jehan Mubarak, Malinga Bandara, Upul Tharanga.
West Indies: Darren Sammy, Andre Fletcher

</td></tr></tbody></table>
From Cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/387912.html)

sandpiper
January 26, 2009, 02:41 PM
Oh God ! Save cricket from those money sukers

Miraz
January 26, 2009, 02:41 PM
Just a reminder, our Razzak got a $50,000 contract, Shakib is already valued 10 times higher than that.

bangla-red
January 26, 2009, 02:44 PM
Who the hell's Ashraful Haque?

Zeeshan
January 26, 2009, 02:45 PM
Questions: Why Ashraful? Or is it Ashraful Haque? Or was a it a typo? Where is India's list? Guacamole or pickles?

"The important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albie Einstein

sandpiper
January 26, 2009, 02:48 PM
Dial and ask Lalit Modi

Nadim
January 26, 2009, 02:49 PM
not tamim.i blame him for his own performance in last few months........if he were playing well like he did beging of 2008 he would have been include in that list.

cricket_pagol
January 26, 2009, 02:49 PM
i really hope Ashraful gets a very low value or has no bids. He needs to perform first before he starts earning big money...

SS
January 26, 2009, 02:50 PM
Hope Shakib can keep his form and does not get impacted. Remember Raz had a great year, got the contract and for some reason his performance went down. The only exception I see is Mash, hopefully Shakib will be different. I also hope BCB provides necessary help to ensure we preserve our one of the best cricketers at current time.

sandpiper
As they are the host and got their base of local first class cricketers in those zonal teams, perhaps they are not the subject of auction.
Questions: Why Ashraful? Or is it Ashraful Haque? Or was a it a typo? Where is India's list? Guacamole or pickles?

Nadim

"The important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albie Einstein

why u bing jealous for?

mijanur
January 26, 2009, 02:54 PM
lol im suprised sakib 2 get 10 times higher then razzak

Nadim
January 26, 2009, 02:54 PM
I hope the value of Shakib will be higher, but still at this value he is more valuable than likes of Graeme Smith, Mahela Jayawardene , Younis Khan, Chanderpaul, Sarwan, Warne, Laxman, Mike Hussey, Flemming, Hayden and most IPL players.

Here's the short list of players likely to be auctioned on February 6

<table width="286" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="txtHeader">Players likely for February 6 auction</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="dotSep" valign="middle">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>

Australia: Brad Haddin, Michael Clarke, Nathan Hauritz, Stuart Clark, Brad Hogg, Beau Casson, Jason Krejza and Shaun Tait.
England: Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Paul Collingwood, Owais Shah, Stuart Broad, Samit Patel, Shaun Udal, Darren Gough, Ryan Sidebottom, Ravi Bopara, Monty Panesar, Robert Key, James Foster.
Sri Lanka: Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Jehan Mubarak, Malinga Bandara, Upul Tharanga.

From Cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/387912.html)

this auction makes me laugh..........why the hell some s* player from aus and eng in there...bd got much better player than them........

mijanur
January 26, 2009, 03:00 PM
who the hell is ashraful haque??

Miraz
January 26, 2009, 03:00 PM
It will be difficult for Ashraful or Mashrafe to get a team as only 15-16 players will be sold in the auction out of 60-70 players.

My pick

Shaun Tait
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
JP Duminy
Pietersen
Flintoff
Owais Shah
Ravi Bopara
Samit Patel
Tim Southee
Shakib Al Hasan
Nuwan Kulusekera
Mashrafe Mortaza

gunda
January 26, 2009, 03:07 PM
No Tamim???? not surprised after his recent form..

patriot
January 26, 2009, 03:08 PM
Stuart Broad, Samit Patel, Shaun Udal, Monty Panesar, Robert Key, James Foster,Tim Southee .

Yes,IPL auctions are A joke. I would seriously want to know the IQ (if something like that existed in cricket) of the franchises managers willing to auction for the above players.

T20 brings out the worst in Tamim Iqbal , but then again IF players like Ashwell Prince and Kamran Akmal can get into a team then why cant he ?

gunda
January 26, 2009, 03:08 PM
who the hell is ashraful haque??

:lol:

Nadim
January 26, 2009, 03:09 PM
cricinfo said:

Shakib Al Hasan's splendid recent form could help him bag a lucrative IPL contract

gunda
January 26, 2009, 03:10 PM
As long as some players from Bangladesh get brought am happy.. it's more likely to be Shakib, as the whole world is talking about him right now. So IPL are bound to snatch him up.
Good day for banglacricket.

gunda
January 26, 2009, 03:11 PM
Wish Kolkata nightriders take him up.

Nadim
January 26, 2009, 03:11 PM
Yes,IPL auctions are A joke. I would seriously want to know the IQ (if something like that existed in cricket) of the franchises managers willing to auction for the above players.

T20 brings out the worst in Tamim Iqbal , but then again IF players like Ashwell Prince and Kamran Akmal can get into a team then why cant he ?

and what about,
Beau Casson, Jason Krejza, Malinga Bandara, Upul Tharanga and m.panersar
this is real joke.......if they get sign ahead of ash and mash.i will cry.....

mijanur
January 26, 2009, 03:13 PM
:lol:

seriously hav u ever herd of him

gunda
January 26, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hope Shakib can keep his form and does not get impacted. Remember Raz had a great year, got the contract and for some reason his performance went down. The only exception I see is Mash, hopefully Shakib will be different. I also hope BCB provides necessary help to ensure we preserve our one of the best cricketers at current time.

Razzak hardly got a chance to prove himself, he was on the bench most of the times..
but shakib will be different. seen as he is no.1 in the ODI Ranking it will be stupid not to play him in IPL matches if not all the matches.

gunda
January 26, 2009, 03:17 PM
seriously hav u ever herd of him

Nope LoL i think his ashraful's uncle..

abz_786
January 26, 2009, 03:18 PM
Just a reminder, our Razzak got a $50,000 contract, Shakib is already valued 10 times higher than that.

wow thats gr8 im so excited about ipl

abz_786
January 26, 2009, 03:19 PM
cricinfo said:

Shakib Al Hasan's splendid recent form could help him bag a lucrative IPL contract

insallah he will play in IPL

gunda
January 26, 2009, 03:19 PM
Whatever or whoever gets in, but we all can be sure shakib will be in IPL.
so it's happy day's :)

abz_786
January 26, 2009, 03:21 PM

yep yep shakib will get chance for defo

Nadim
January 26, 2009, 03:22 PM

Yes sakib......

Zeeshan
January 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
come'on gunda bhai....etto prem prem bhal lage na....apnar naameer sathey milaye ekta fadafadi gangster avy nen....p'haps ghajini?

abz_786
January 26, 2009, 03:24 PM
this days its all about shakib...................................

mijanur
January 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
Nope LoL i think his ashraful's uncle..

if ashraful is a faltu batsmen,, then im wondering how his uncle will be like

Zeeshan
January 26, 2009, 03:27 PM
this days its all about shakib...................................

if i were him, i'd ask for a street to be named after me....or dedicate a Shakib Dibosh, or...or....sign a lakh taka contract with Dallywood....and demand that after people are done with the interview and leave, they mustn't show their backs to me....

Nafi
January 26, 2009, 03:33 PM
Well since Shakib also makes the cover illustration, it pretty much guarantees himself as a crucial player in the IPL.

bdchamp20
January 26, 2009, 03:46 PM
There are seven Bangladeshis listed for the auction. Although unlikely I hope all of them get into a club.

Woah! $500 000, I am jealous but extremely happy for Shakib. I want him to play all the matches so he should avoid Kolkata who have Mendis, Chennai with Murali and Royals who have Warne. I think a team like Punjab or Hyderabad who don't have a quality spinner will go for him. But it would be good if he could play under the tough captaincy of Ganguly, Warne or Dhoni.

nycpro96
January 26, 2009, 03:50 PM
no tamiM!! thats sukz though he only has his own form to blame

bdchamp20
January 26, 2009, 03:55 PM
no tamiM!! thats sukz though he only has his own form to blame
These are only CricInfo's picks. IPL has put seven Bangladeshis into the auction. And I am sure Tamim is one of that seven. And there is a good chance he might get signed.

Nadim
January 26, 2009, 03:57 PM
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/story/387912.html

read paragraph 6.....7 bangaldesh's.......where are rest of them........
i think its.
1)tamim
2)raqibul or siddiki
3)rahim(if taibu can play.....rahim deserve to get sign up in IPl)
4)S.Rassel

bdchamp20
January 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
I think these are the other four Bangladeshis: Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, Zunaed Siddique, Raqibul Hasan. Just my guess.

pagol-chagol
January 26, 2009, 04:39 PM
I hope Asharaful gets drafted to sit on the bench all season and carries water for the performing players.

I also hope that the IPL teams are aware of Sakib's incredible fielding. Since he is young, they'll expect his resale value to go up. The price tag could go higher than $500,000. Hope he goes to punjab or Hyderabad.

nycpro96
January 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
I think these are the other four Bangladeshis: Tamim Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim, Zunaed Siddique, Raqibul Hasan. Just my guess.

probably except for zunaid i dont think they'll pick him

nycpro96
January 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
oh i wanted to ask if icl players are eligible im sure rafiq alok and SN would get pretty big contracts

Mridul
January 26, 2009, 06:20 PM
this auction makes me laugh..........why the hell some s* player from aus and eng in there...bd got much better player than them........

Who is better than who? I want to know which BD player is better than the Aussie player.

nycpro96
January 26, 2009, 07:00 PM
Who is better than who? I want to know which BD player is better than the Aussie player.

shakibs better than any player except maybe some selective ones:timeout:

Gowza
January 26, 2009, 07:41 PM
i'm hoping naeem is one of the 7.

rashed411
January 26, 2009, 07:43 PM
junaid is ****, he dont even deserve to play in domestic league.

cricket_king
January 26, 2009, 07:45 PM
What's with the England players? Those players suck. Shaun Udal? Robert Key? Wtf?

Further proof that twenty20 is just a money-making scam - no cricket involved whatsoever.

I hope none of our precious little boys get chosen.

nycpro96
January 26, 2009, 08:48 PM
i'm hoping naeem is one of the 7.

me 2 i like naeem and i hope his skills get exposed in the format

Ajfar
January 26, 2009, 09:04 PM
out of these 70 players only 15/16 will be auctioned..as most of the teams already have almost full rosters from last year...so sakib is getting a contract no question askedd...and if lucky than maybe ash/mashrafee..

Akib
January 26, 2009, 09:43 PM

I would love to have broad or southee on the bd team.

Murad
January 26, 2009, 09:49 PM
Tamim willl never find a place in IPL. He is not a T20 player.

IPL this year looking for players with high strike rates in 20/20s. Tamim's strike rate is probably in 80s.

They will not select players like Kallis anymore.

BD Tigers
January 26, 2009, 10:01 PM
I hope they all get picked but they DONT PLAY. IPL IS A JOKE. A VIRUS - A DISEASE for Cricket. Test and ODI should only be in their mind.

Mridul
January 26, 2009, 11:21 PM
shakibs better than any player except maybe some selective ones:timeout:

Can you prove it with numbers/performance?

Mridul
January 26, 2009, 11:23 PM
What's with the England players? Those players suck. Shaun Udal? Robert Key? Wtf?

How are they suck? Can you elaborate please?

cricket_king
January 27, 2009, 12:32 AM
How are they suck? Can you elaborate please?

They're talent-less gumbies. The only English players that might attract attention is Pietersen and Flintoff.

PoorFan
January 27, 2009, 12:46 AM
I wish Sakib and Mahs get the call, Ash may remain just on the list.

AsifTheManRahman
January 27, 2009, 01:20 AM
Woah! $500 000, I am jealous but extremely happy for Shakib. I want him to play all the matches so he should avoid Kolkata who have Mendis, Chennai with Murali and Royals who have Warne.
Meh, given his current form, he could bag more wickets than each of them on a given day. Plus he bats too.

_Rafi_
January 27, 2009, 03:03 AM
Last time i supported Rajastan royal 4 warne kaif smith. It seems i have to change my team. Now i will support sakibs team. Owner of Sakib will get huge support 4m bd. So trading sakib will good comercial movement 4 any team.
Note: RR will not buy Sakib. Warne will pik KP at any cost.

BANFAN
January 27, 2009, 03:13 AM
Shakib, Ashraful is more or less sure to make. Mashrafe might & I don't see anyone else making it

aniksh1
January 27, 2009, 03:20 AM
It will be kool if Ganguly, Shakib and Mash can play together!!!

tiger_club
January 27, 2009, 03:40 AM
there are only few places left, it will be tough though I think Shakib will definately make it.. Mash 50% chance and Ash 0%

yaseer
January 27, 2009, 04:39 AM
Good news......

Sakib really deserves a chance and hope he makes it. But till it happens there is no certainty of it. The only concern about Sakib for the franchisee would be his batting in this format. Though his 20/20 average is not good, he has a good strike-rate in this format. Again franchisees may not pick him solely for his bowling if they are not satisfied with Sakib's batting. At the end, with his bowling and batting ability together, I am hopeful he may find a team.

I don't think any other BD player will make it. If i have to pick a second best probable after Sakib, Then i think it will be Ashraful. I think Mashrafee has lesser chance than Ashraful because i do not think Franchisees would like to take fast bowler from Bangladesh.

tanim3960
January 27, 2009, 08:20 AM
Ashrafoooool Chance pibo na.

Mahmood
January 27, 2009, 08:55 AM
Last time i supported Rajastan royal 4 warne kaif smith. It seems i have to change my team. Now i will support sakibs team. Owner of Sakib will get huge support 4m bd. So trading sakib will good comercial movement 4 any team.
Note: RR will not buy Sakib. Warne will pik KP at any cost.

Bangalore will get KP.

riankhan
January 27, 2009, 08:56 AM
Bangladesh: Shakib Al Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza.........according to cricinfo

Ashraful is not in the predicted list!!

No chance for Ash till now

Umar
January 27, 2009, 09:56 AM

If junaid siddiqi is there then i will be laughing. He doesn't deserve a place in ipl tbh!

if his name is there then i also expect Javed Omer..Habibul Bashar.. Shujon...rajin saleh in there too :D oh and SHAKHADAT HUSSAIN over Mashrafee

Miraz
January 27, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cricinfo has removed Ashraful's name from the probable list. It's not looking good for the skip.

Umar
January 27, 2009, 10:11 AM
Ashraful hasn't done much to get himself a place in ipl either. In fact he hasn't done anything this year or last year to show that he's capable of something

BanCricFan
January 27, 2009, 10:26 AM
Cricinfo has removed Ashraful's name from the probable list. It's not looking good for the skip.

Haire Asharphool! Nije dooble ar onnoder kayo doobale(?)!

Ekhono shomoy ache...buddhiman hoye ja!!!

Beshi beshi kore bangla shahittyo por...lekha pora kor...shomoy ekhono ache botey!

al Furqaan
January 27, 2009, 11:03 AM
pray to god, ash doesn't get picked. he needs to get a pay cut, not free money.

mijanur
January 27, 2009, 11:30 AM

lol

mijanur
January 27, 2009, 11:31 AM

ur avator is funny

Nadim
January 27, 2009, 01:03 PM
look like only sakib got 100% chance to get in the IPL......
http://bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=42986&cid=5

bcb send 10 players name to BCCI....N.Chowdury and Z.Rahaman was there aswell.they both big hitter

crikfreak
January 27, 2009, 01:43 PM
sakib n mash deserve a chance... if anyone gets a call frm BD.. shud be them...

ashraful should NOT get a chance.. no way.. he doesnt deserve it... n anyways.. who'd take him??? i doubt anyones tht desperate...

this auction is a mess... some of these players.. i haven't even heard of them....

bharat
January 27, 2009, 02:57 PM
Ok guys the figures are out, before anyone jumps at the figures.These represent the base price at which bidding starts.Sakib is 7th in this list ( which I think is a tremendous achievement) and starts at 150,000.This does not mean he will get 150,000 it only means that he will not get less than that.(my prediction around 350k-500k).

Mash and Ask (rightly so) dont make it to the top 15 but will available after the top guys are bought .

Clarke I think is over priced and I would not pay more than 600k for him(will be fun if no one bids for him and he is not bought :-) ).All others I think are under priced and will be heavy bidding.Expect Sakib to be in the top 3-4 in the list.

Top 15 Players for IPL Auction (all figures in US dollars)

Michael Clarke (Aus) 1,000,000; Brad Haddin (Aus) 250,000; Stuart Clark (Aus) 250,000; Jason Krejza (Aus) 250,000; Rory Kleinveld (SA) 225,000; Brad Hogg (Aus) 200,000; Doug Bollinger (Aus) 150,000; Shakib Al Hasan (Bang) 150,000; Tim Southee (NZ) 150,000; Kyle Mills (NZ) 150,000; Thilan Thushara (SL) 125,000; Charles Langeveldt (SA) 125,000; Darren Sammy (WI) 120,000; Kieron Pollard (WI) 120,000; Andre Fletcher (WI) 120,000.

http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Michael_Clarke_set_to_join_1m_IPL_club/articleshow/4039081.cms<!--google_ad_region_end=article-->

Nafi
January 27, 2009, 03:05 PM
Doug Bollinger that ugly fat aussie bowler (no offense) ahead of sakib! Thats retarded.

Nadim
January 27, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ok guys the figures are out, before anyone jumps at the figures.These represent the base price at which bidding starts.Sakib is 7th in this list ( which I think is a tremendous achievement) and starts at 150,000.This does not mean he will get 150,000 it only means that he will not get less than that.(my prediction around 350k-500k).

Mash and Ask (rightly so) dont make it to the top 15 but will available after the top guys are bought .

Clarke I think is over priced and I would not pay more than 600k for him(will be fun if no one bids for him and he is not bought :-) ).All others I think are under priced and will be heavy bidding.Expect Sakib to be in the top 3-4 in the list.

Michael Clarke (Aus) 1,000,000; Brad Haddin (Aus) 250,000; Stuart Clark (Aus) 250,000; Jason Krejza (Aus) 250,000; Rory Kleinveld (SA) 225,000; Brad Hogg (Aus) 200,000; Doug Bollinger (Aus) 150,000; Shakib Al Hasan (Bang) 150,000; Tim Southee (NZ) 150,000; Kyle Mills (NZ) 150,000; Thilan Thushara (SL) 125,000; Charles Langeveldt (SA) 125,000; Darren Sammy (WI) 120,000; Kieron Pollard (WI) 120,000; Andre Fletcher (WI) 120,000.

http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Michael_Clarke_set_to_join_1m_IPL_club/articleshow/4039081.cms<!--google_ad_region_end=article-->

how came Jason Krejza, Rory Kleinveld, Brad Hogg, get better than sakib al hassan..

bharat
January 27, 2009, 03:14 PM
how came Jason Krejza, Rory Kleinveld, Brad Hogg, get better than sakib al hassan..

Mark my word Jason Krejza will not be picked by anyone.I have no idea who Rory Kleinveld is may be a great talent in Australia .

I'd say Brad Hogg is good pick if he is under 300k.

The bidders are pure capitalists and will bet on people who can make them money.They made a few mistakes last time and will try to rectify it this time.

nycpro96
January 27, 2009, 04:34 PM
krejza is too eratic
cant believe shakib is so underpaid and overlooked
he should be paid 500,000$ at least

ausbangfan
January 27, 2009, 05:29 PM
Mark my word Jason Krejza will not be picked by anyone.I have no idea who Rory Kleinveld is may be a great talent in Australia .

I'd say Brad Hogg is good pick if he is under 300k.

The bidders are pure capitalists and will bet on people who can make them money.They made a few mistakes last time and will try to rectify it this time.

lol- rory kleinveld is south african

RazabQ
January 27, 2009, 06:40 PM
Let me get this straight - the guy who has had the single most expensive figures in TEST cricket a couple matches in a row (Jason K) - is set a higher minimum price than Shakib? Seriously??? Who the heck is the actuary who came up with these figures. How many of the actuary exams did he actually pass?

al Furqaan
January 27, 2009, 06:45 PM
i for one am pleased that sakib got a 500K appraisal, a couple weeks ago, i appraised him at 500 K (at least 100 K more if he had a passport from a top country). remember that indian players get the highest contracts as its an indian league.

i was hoping that sakib would at least net 250-300 K and if he didn't it would have been a travesty.

sakib may well fetch more than 500 K as that is kinda like an MSRP. IIRC, a lot of IPLers got more than their initial appraisal prices. sakib deserves as much money as anyone will pay, but 500 K is a very good appraisal for him.

i am pleased.

also, its good ashraful didn't make the auction list. that fool needs to work on ODI and Test batting for the Bangladesh team. only once he masters that should he think of playing garbage cricket for money.

al Furqaan
January 27, 2009, 06:48 PM

mash deserves to be in that top 15 list easy. if thushara and mills and southee are there. mash is one of the best in the world operating the new white ball. and his recent form is great.

ash doesn't deserve to be a ball boy plain and simple.

zia
January 27, 2009, 07:13 PM
Tamim is included per Shamokal (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=101087) plus two more unknown BD players.

tiger_club
January 27, 2009, 07:23 PM

I'm not surprised Miraz bhai.. he shoot his own foot.. No IPL and no ICL hope for him.. he should go back to NCL

Ajfar
January 27, 2009, 07:23 PM
Tamim is included per Shamokal (http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=101087) plus two more unknown BD players.

he maybe included on the list..but most likely won't get auctioned off...i think most of the ipl teams are almost full..and the only spots they have opens are the ones they traded which is not that many..so most likely the players picked will be from the top 15-20...so luks like sakib alone will represent bangladesh in IPL this year...

cricket_king
January 27, 2009, 08:03 PM
Lawl. Krejza? You have got to be kidding. Takes 8 wickets and gets hit for 800 runs. What's his average? 100.

This proves that the team you play for is more important than your stats alone.

nzfan
January 27, 2009, 08:13 PM
http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/45949.html

Kleinveldt played the 20/20 against bangladesh and went for 20 runs off his 1 over, I can see why he is getting offered more than Shakib(???????)

bharat
January 27, 2009, 08:24 PM
mash deserves to be in that top 15 list easy. if thushara and mills and southee are there. mash is one of the best in the world operating the new white ball. and his recent form is great.

ash doesn't deserve to be a ball boy plain and simple.

--Clearing out the confusion, I meant that Ash didnt deserve to be in the list , Mash for sure is ( the bracket was only for Ash)

---About Sakib's initial price, my hunch is that they were decided maybe a month a go when Sakib was not in the limelight.I 'am sure he wil hit the 350-400 K if not 500k

--Krejha is a joke .. I am not sure who will pick a fingure spinner who cannot bat.Razzak who was much better bowler than this guy but did not get more than a couple of matches .Same will be the fate of spinners who dont have the stature of Murali or Mendis.

nzfan
January 27, 2009, 08:26 PM
--Clearing out the confusion, I meant that Ash didnt deserve to be in the list , Mash for sure is ( the bracket was only for Ash)

---About Sakib's initial price, my hunch is that they were decided maybe a month a go when Sakib was not in the limelight.I 'am sure he wil hit the 350-400 K if not 500k

--Krejha is a joke .. I am not sure who will pick a fingure spinner who cannot bat.Razzak who was much better bowler than this guy but did not get more than a couple of matches .Same will be the fate of spinners who dont have the stature of Murali or Mendis.

Vettori got 600k but thats expected for a limited overs bowler like . Doesnt get many wickets but doesn go forruns either, only gets wickets when you attack him which is why he averages better than murali against australia in tests

Rifat
January 27, 2009, 08:30 PM
I'm not surprised Miraz bhai.. he shoot his own foot.. No IPL and no ICL hope for him.. he should go back to NCL

i think he needs a brain surgery :-p more than anything else

nycpro96
January 27, 2009, 08:36 PM
if shakib doesnt get 500k at least ill be pissed

bharat
January 27, 2009, 10:20 PM
Vettori got 600k but thats expected for a limited overs bowler like . Doesnt get many wickets but doesn go forruns either, only gets wickets when you attack him which is why he averages better than murali against australia in tests

Nah man nothing against Vettori (he is quality) but thats a tad overrated for IPL..You cant have 600k for four overs especially if you are not an attacking bowler.I rather have Ryder for half the price.

But again thats my take

nzfan
January 27, 2009, 10:38 PM
18 wickets off 10-11 matches with an average of 13.22 and an economy rate of 5.4 is overrated? What are you smoking

tanim3960
January 27, 2009, 11:30 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/story/387912.html

look at the picture and the title underneath. Why is the word bag? he will get chance beacuse of his performance ........Why is the word baging come from?

Mridul
January 27, 2009, 11:40 PM
http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/45949.html

Kleinveldt played the 20/20 against bangladesh and went for 20 runs off his 1 over, I can see why he is getting offered more than Shakib(???????)

Check out his batting stats in 20/20

He scored 308 runs total so far facing 187 balls...thats a strike rate of 164.7

he batted in 25 innings and hit 15 fours and 23 sixes

no wonder why he got selected for auction

yaseer
January 28, 2009, 12:56 AM
Is there any relation with bidding price and the match fees that the player will be getting? What is the money at the end the player will be getting? The bidding price is not the money that the player will be getting......right? Then there should be a match fee.....which may be fixed in relation with the player's price. Have some confusion on it.......:confused:

cricket_king
January 28, 2009, 01:30 AM
Check out his batting stats in 20/20

He scored 308 runs total so far facing 187 balls...thats a strike rate of 164.7

he batted in 25 innings and hit 15 fours and 23 sixes

no wonder why he got selected for auction

His average isn't much to speak of though, even if it the shortest version of the game.

CholCholBD
January 28, 2009, 03:17 AM
Here's something that will happen that many of you might not like but it really doesnt matter anyways because its going to happen:

The only player that will play for Bangladesh will be Ashraful and he will go for 80,000.

He will play 2 games, score 8 and 0...dropped for the rest of the season.

Cheers.

CholCholBD
January 28, 2009, 03:30 AM
Question #2:

Why would anyone in their right mind want to pay 1 million minimum for Michael Clarke?

Thats laughable. If I could short his stock, I would put big money on it.

yaseer
January 28, 2009, 03:54 AM
Here's something that will happen that many of you might not like but it really doesnt matter anyways because its going to happen:

The only player that will play for Bangladesh will be Ashraful and he will go for 80,000.

Cheers.

Hmm...you seem to be very sure about your prediction....anyway...lets wait n see....
But i really don't see this happening.....even I have some doubt also for Sakib until its really done. "Player from Bangladesh", "Can't win the match alone with bat or bowl, can play a supporting role only"....this kind of things can go against Sakib.

But at the end it will be disappointing if Sakib does not reach there. Not only get a team, play in the 1st IX regularly. This boy deserves it and hope franchisees are able to discover the talent in Sakib.

nzfan
January 28, 2009, 03:58 AM
Hmm...you seem to be very sure about your prediction....anyway...lets wait n see....
But i really don't see this happening.....even I have some doubt also for Sakib until its really done. "Player from Bangladesh", "Can't win the match alone with bat or bowl, can play a supporting role only"....this kind of things can go against Sakib.

But at the end it will be disappointing if Sakib does not reach there. Not only get a team, play in the 1st IX regularly. This boy deserves it and hope franchisees are able to discover the talent in Sakib.

I woulsnt put faith in the selectors, they selected Rahul Dravid as an overpaid Icon player after all

nycpro96
January 28, 2009, 09:50 AM

Cheers.

this is impossible

Ajfar
January 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
I woulsnt put faith in the selectors, they selected Rahul Dravid as an overpaid Icon player after all

i wud assume they learned their lesson from picking players like kallis n dravid last season..this year they are going for all young players as you can see from the list of top 15 players most likely to be auctioned off..

bdchamp20
January 28, 2009, 02:50 PM
Because they are white. Us Asians tend to see them as ''better''.

I think Ash should be given a contract just because he turned down ICL's $2.1 million offer.

nycpro96
January 28, 2009, 03:27 PM
Because they are white. Us Asians tend to see them as ''better''.

I think Ash should be given a contract just because he turned down ICL's $2.1 million offer.

ya. that took a lot of heart and patriotism which our beloved aftab didnt have
we may all bag on him a lot but ashraful really is one of our only patriotic players

Megh
January 28, 2009, 03:43 PM
not tamim.i blame him for his own performance in last few months........if he were playing well like he did beging of 2008 he would have been include in that list.

yeah blame him but don't blame ashrafool who doesn't even deserve to come closer to the list for his not only recent performances, for his last 1 and half years performances.

Aus and Ind, they are the 2 ears of ICC and Eng is the Mouth. that's why.

It will be difficult for Ashraful or Mashrafe to get a team as only 15-16 players will be sold in the auction out of 60-70 players.

My pick

Shaun Tait
Michael Clarke
Brad Haddin
JP Duminy
Pietersen
Flintoff
Owais Shah
Ravi Bopara
Samit Patel
Tim Southee
Shakib Al Hasan
Nuwan Kulusekera
Mashrafe Mortaza

these 4 players are not good enough i think. there are more and more better players than them. we could consider only shah from their. not so sure about kulisekera.
No Tamim???? not surprised after his recent form..

at least better than ashrafool.

Megh
January 28, 2009, 03:50 PM

Cheers.

If one and only players gonna go to IPL this year, it must be Shakib.

now coming to you man. Dude, you are such a negative force. i have always seen you saying all the craps about Bangladesh team. how could you do that bro?? :(after all you are a Bangladeshi:flag:

Megh
January 28, 2009, 04:07 PM
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>

No ashrafool in the list bro.those players have most chances to be selected among them ashrafool is not one of them. here is the list from CI

On the IPL radar

Interesting names from a preliminary official auction list that is being pruned and updated
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><B>Australia</b>: Brad Haddin, Michael Clarke, Nathan Hauritz, Stuart Clark, Brad Hogg, Beau Casson, Jason Krejza and Shaun Tait.</li>
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><b>England</b>: Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Paul Collingwood, Owais Shah, Stuart Broad, Samit Patel, Shaun Udal, Darren Gough, Ryan Sidebottom, Ravi Bopara, Monty Panesar, Robert Key, James Foster.</li>
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><b>South Africa</b>: Gulam Bodi, Charl Langeveldt, JP Duminy, Paul Harris.</li>
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><b>Pakistan</b>: Asim Kamal, Yasir Hameed.</li>
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><b>New Zealand</b>: Mark Gillespie, Tim Southee, Jesse Ryder, Jeetan Patel.</li>
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><b>Bangladesh</b>: Shakib Al Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza.</li>
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><b>Sri Lanka</b>: Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Jehan Mubarak, Malinga Bandara, Upul Tharanga.</li>
<li class="liSideBarNoBlt"><b>West Indies</b>: Darren Sammy, Andre Fletcher.</li>

Zeeshan
January 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
So basically it's a bid for Australian team? cuz 6 players from top ten are aussies...damn, total world damnation

cricket_king
January 29, 2009, 01:00 AM

Cheers.
LOL. No freaking way mate.

karimjay.
January 29, 2009, 06:30 AM
the list on cricinfo said that the 'list is being pruned and updated'.

so its interesting to see ashrafuls name is no longer on the list.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/387912.html

Akib
January 29, 2009, 07:32 AM
Nah man nothing against Vettori (he is quality) but thats a tad overrated for IPL..You cant have 600k for four overs especially if you are not an attacking bowler.I rather have Ryder for half the price.

But again thats my take

Well Vettori can bat as well, and hes pretty clutch (as seen by his performance against us). Thats probably what increased his price, however its still too much.

Abirz
January 29, 2009, 10:37 AM
If Ashraful can play for IPL, then why couldn't Aftab have joined the IPL? he is a so much better T20 player... and so is Nazimuddin and Shahriar Nafees...i saw this during the ICL matches. Oh yeah and lets not forget the great Kapali

I bet if Aftab,Nazim,Shariar and Kapali were in the auctions they'd fetch wayy more than what they're earning in the ICL, and be able to play for their country... ohhh why were these people so dumb!!
And now its getting more and more apparent that we dont have good T20 players, unless BCB do a quick talent search similar to Grameen Phone pacer hunt,except that this one has to be about good hitters...lol and bangladesh has plenty of those.

betaar
January 29, 2009, 11:21 AM

A little correction, he tried shooting his foot but it was a mis-hit ended up shooting his balls and thus scoring 31 ball 3 against Zim.

nycpro96
January 29, 2009, 03:57 PM
If Ashraful can play for IPL, then why couldn't Aftab have joined the IPL? he is a so much better T20 player... and so is Nazimuddin and Shahriar Nafees...i saw this during the ICL matches. Oh yeah and lets not forget the great Kapali

I bet if Aftab,Nazim,Shariar and Kapali were in the auctions they'd fetch wayy more than what they're earning in the ICL, and be able to play for their country... ohhh why were these people so dumb!!
And now its getting more and more apparent that we dont have good T20 players, unless BCB do a quick talent search similar to Grameen Phone pacer hunt,except that this one has to be about good hitters...lol and bangladesh has plenty of those.

pretty good idea:hairpull:

arifbd
January 29, 2009, 10:04 PM

Ashraful haque plays domestic cricket in BAngladesh, he has never played in the national team yet.

arifbd
January 29, 2009, 10:13 PM
Woah! $500 000, I am jealous but extremely happy for Shakib. I want him to play all the matches so he should avoid Kolkata who have Mendis, Chennai with Murali and Royals who have Warne. I think a team like Punjab or Hyderabad who don't have a quality spinner will go for him. But it would be good if he could play under the tough captaincy of Ganguly, Warne or Dhoni.

i think that it would be better sakib could play with players like Mendis or MUrali. then he could probablyget some tips from them.

arifbd
January 29, 2009, 10:22 PM
SHakib da man

Tintin
January 29, 2009, 11:24 PM
Quoting from http://timesonline.typepad.com/line_and_length/2009/01/only-11-places.html

I reckon there are 11 spaces up for grabs based on the following team-by-team analysis. If I have missed anyone who has signed or left then let me know (getting news from the IPL isn't always that easy).

Bangalore (full up) M Boucher, N Bracken, S Chanderpaul, D Du Preez, J Kallis, Misbah-ul-Haq, A Razzak, D Steyn, R Taylor, C White
Chennai (three spaces) M Hayden, M Hussey, C Kapugedera, A Morkel, M Muralitharan, M Ntini, J Oram
Deccan (one space) S Afridi, H Gibbs, A Gilchrist, R Harris, C Silva, S Styris, A Symonds, C Vaas, N Zoysa
Delhi (full up) AB De Villiers, T Dilshan, B Geeves, F Maharoof, S Malik, A McDonald, G McGrath, D Nannes, D Vettori, D Warner
Kolkata (one space) S Akhtar, C Gayle, B Hodge, D Hussey, B McCullum, A Mendis, R Ponting, T Taibu, U Gul
Mumbai (three spaces) L Bosman, D Bravo, D Fernando, S Jayasuriya, G Napier (not confirmed), L Ronchi, D Thorneley
Punjab (two spaces) J Hopes, M Jayawardena, S Katich, B Lee, S Marsh, L Pomersbach, K Sangakkara, R Sarwan
Rajasthan (one space) K Akmal, Y Khan, J Langer, D Mascarenhas, M Morkel, G Smith, S Tanvir, S Warne, S Watson

Zeeshan
January 29, 2009, 11:31 PM
This is sick. Taibu makes the cut, Shakib duznt?

mishu
January 30, 2009, 12:04 AM

taibu already playing in ipl...

cricket_king
January 30, 2009, 12:40 AM

Taibu deserves a go in my opinion. Plus he's already got an IPL contract.

Also, it's spelt "doesn't".

Zeeshan
January 30, 2009, 01:14 AM
Taibu deserves a go in my opinion. Plus he's already got an IPL contract.

Also, it's spelt "doesn't".

Lol.... Spelling Police tracking us down and giving "tickets" :-p

Mahmood
February 6, 2009, 10:40 AM
Bangalore will get KP.

Couldn't resist :)