PDA

View Full Version : Shoaib Malik sacked; Younis the captain

Tintin
January 27, 2009, 09:39 AM
Details awaited

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/387996.html

mahbubH
January 27, 2009, 09:49 AM
Probably this is the only right decision PCB has taken during 2/3 years. Hope they will learn to see proper medical doctors instead of traditional hekim when needed.

tonoy
January 27, 2009, 09:53 AM
About time. Only if our board had the courage to ...

Miraz
January 27, 2009, 09:54 AM
Waiting for the next round of the musical chair...

"Younis Khan Sacked and X is appointed new captain".

I don't think it's a good move. I think it will create more division within the already divided Paksitani camp.

sandpiper
January 27, 2009, 09:55 AM
as you sow so shall you reap

al Furqaan
January 27, 2009, 11:01 AM
malik was a terrible captain

series
January 27, 2009, 12:49 PM
I feel like its a good move because he looks to be very confident and is a very senior guy. He has the ability to be a match winner. You know kinda feel sorry for Pakistan team..:sigh::sigh:

cricket_king
January 27, 2009, 08:23 PM
I like Pakistan's method - thing's don't go the team's way, change the captain. I'm pretty sure Younis has had his time at the top once before.

PlanetPak
January 27, 2009, 10:18 PM
cricket_king,

Younis declined the offer after the 2007 WC.
He has tried to run away from the job as he is too honest a person to deal with the PCB clowns so i am not sure how long this reign will last.

cricket_king
January 27, 2009, 10:52 PM
cricket_king,

Younis declined the offer after the 2007 WC.
He has tried to run away from the job as he is too honest a person to deal with the PCB clowns so i am not sure how long this reign will last.

Thanks for that. Yeah I realise he got offered the job twice already before and he's chosen to take it up at the right time. Good on him. Smart man.

Ajfar
January 28, 2009, 01:32 PM
i read somewhere that Afidi hopes to be a captain oneday...maybe on pakpassion forum..

Tigers_eye
January 28, 2009, 02:17 PM
I hope the breeze don't follow all the way to Dhaka.

(There is a never a dull moment in Pak cricket)

sandpiper
January 28, 2009, 02:41 PM
In the mean time javed miandad resigns from his position as director general of PCB. Perhaps he was against this decision. things are looking pretty murky.

Though Miandad was one of the few men not in favour of the captaincy change that saw Younis Khan replace Shoaib Malik - it wasn't the personnel as much as what he saw as the panic-stricken reaction to defeat which he objected to - it is understood that had nothing to do with his final decision.

"My views on the matter were not sought but I am certainly not angry about yesterday's decision. My thoughts were that you cannot base a decision on just a loss but my views weren't sought. I have high hopes that Younis can do well," he said.

Miandad will continue to remain a member of the nine-member governing board committee, however.

PlanetPak
January 28, 2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks for that. Yeah I realise he got offered the job twice already before and he's chosen to take it up at the right time. Good on him. Smart man.

yeah i quite like the A Qadir/ Y Khan partnership, they may not be able to produce quality results because after all they have to deal with idiots like Shoaib and Asif in the team but i do know that AQ and YK will do the job very honestly.

PlanetPak
January 28, 2009, 03:19 PM
I hope the breeze don't follow all the way to Dhaka.

(There is a never a dull moment in Pak cricket)
yeah before the on field entertainment could match or even OUTDO the off field entertainment but these days its all about off field dramabazzy.

RazabQ
January 28, 2009, 06:36 PM
Though done in a reactionary manner - it's nevertheless a good move. Younus is the only senior batsman in the team who walks into any side, commands respect by his performance and is feisty to boot. I've always felt that volatile as it is, Pakistan always needs some one of the Imran Khan mould to be a successful skipper and Younis is that mold. Aren't they related?

PlanetPak
January 31, 2009, 09:57 AM
Though done in a reactionary manner - it's nevertheless a good move. Younus is the only senior batsman in the team who walks into any side, commands respect by his performance and is feisty to boot. I've always felt that volatile as it is, Pakistan always needs some one of the Imran Khan mould to be a successful skipper and Younis is that mold. Aren't they related?

no, they are not.

thebest
January 31, 2009, 12:30 PM
In the mean time javed miandad resigns from his position as director general of PCB. Perhaps he was against this decision. things are looking pretty murky.
Miandad - the batsman I would take if my life depend on it but Miandad - the ex cricketer I do not want want within 100 m of me or my interests.
After his retirement he became a clown - always giving advice when outside management and always resign/outset within three months when part of management.

BANFAN
January 31, 2009, 01:41 PM
Changes in Pak cricket is not necessarily related to performance. It is more of Central politics & regionalism played by the party in power. One needs to understand Pak politics to rationalize the changes in cricket board or cricket team in pakistan.