PDA

View Full Version : indians getting too strong

arifbd
January 31, 2009, 01:55 PM
i have been actaully supporting the lankans in their series against the indians. the indians are getting too strong. they just beat sri lanka 2-0 in ht efive match series. they have also been beating AUstralia in the test series. i actually want balance of power in cricket. i dont want one team to get too strong. the indian batsmen are in the best form of their life. their newcomers are also playing extremely well such as Ishant SHarma, Suresh Raina, adn some others. they maybe ranked number 3 in ODI's but i think that they next time they play SA and Australia they will become number one in both forms of the game india vs SRi Lanka scorecard:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slvind/engine/current/match/386531.html

what u guys think are they too strong or what?

Nadim
January 31, 2009, 01:59 PM
wrong section......

Ak
January 31, 2009, 02:08 PM
They are beatable. SA are a better Test Side anyways but as for ODIs its between SA and India but both are definately beatable - remember SA lost 4-0 to England last year and Id like to see how India perform in NZ in difficult conditions. Their fifth bowler option is weak and bowlers like Praveen, Munaf and RP Singh can be dominated.

BANFAN
January 31, 2009, 02:22 PM
SA & India are undoubtedly the top two teams of the world at the moment. Outside India I would still keep SA ahead of them, but in India they can be more competitive with SA.

smashyboy
January 31, 2009, 10:04 PM
SA & India are undoubtedly the top two teams of the world at the moment. Outside India I would still keep SA ahead of them, but in India they can be more competitive with SA.

Outside India, SA lost 1-2 last year.

al Furqaan
January 31, 2009, 10:22 PM
Outside India, SA lost 1-2 last year.

1) inside india, SA tied 1-1, and even bowled india out for 76 inside a session.
2) outside india - DW Steyn barely played.

nzfan
January 31, 2009, 10:48 PM
What smashyboy? South Africa won the series against india 2-1 in South Africa.. They didnt lose

mijanur
February 1, 2009, 05:04 AM
well i dont mind boy, if india gets so strong coz i just want india, bangladesh or sri lanka 2 be the best teams in the world

zimfan
February 1, 2009, 06:54 AM
will they beat Australia or south Africa or England away from home?

i dont think so

Tigers_eye
February 1, 2009, 08:33 AM
Strong is good. Cause come WC time you what's gonna happen. :)

Gambhir, Shewag are in-form. Dhoni is playing at another level. So is Amla, Dumini. When a team can replace their captain and two strike bowlers (Smith, Ntini and Steyn) and still win, they very good. Replace Dhoni and Z Khan, one of the Sharmas, BD has a chance even.

Yameen
February 1, 2009, 08:34 AM

i don't think so

the 2007/2008 away series to australia belonged to india if you take out all the controversial decisions. On current aussie form however, the indians should be able to handle them easily ANYWHERE in the world.

Remember India's tour of england in 2007??? it was 1-0 to india? they lost 4-3 in the odi series which was a good effort.

I think India can do well in south africa but i believe a drawn test series is the best that they can do with also competitive odi series.

AsifTheManRahman
February 1, 2009, 09:00 AM
Oh I like! :)

Akib
February 1, 2009, 10:58 AM
India is good, but SA is much better.

And yea, I'm supporting SL this series. India is just getting too cocky. Just like England (look what happened to them now, captain led team implosion).

Dhruvo
February 1, 2009, 12:00 PM
India's a good team now, they improved alot after the WC defeat with BD lol. But whats going on with the aussies ? they havent been winning too many games recently.South Africa IMHO is still better than india .

arifbd
February 1, 2009, 12:43 PM
quote: mijanur
well i dont mind boy, if india gets so strong coz i just want india, bangladesh or sri lanka 2 be the best teams in the world

well i don't want india to dominate cricket. i hate india. you guys are probably not following the minor things going on between BD and India. India is bullying bangladesh in alot of places. so i wish BD could bully India in cricket. I would rather want Sri Lanka because i like them better. if india becomes unbeatable like AUstralia for a couple of years they are probably going to think they are better than everybody else.

al Furqaan
February 1, 2009, 08:26 PM

Gambhir, Shewag are in-form. Dhoni is playing at another level. So is Amla, Dumini. When a team can replace their captain and two strike bowlers (Smith, Ntini and Steyn) and still win, they very good. Replace Dhoni and Z Khan, one of the Sharmas, BD has a chance even.

ishant has 1 wicket @ 48 in the one match he's played against us.

WC is a long ways away. india is definitely a contender, but they are also historical chokers...the new generation seem to be different. lets wait and see.

JonBain
February 1, 2009, 11:50 PM
[england] (look what happened to them now, captain led team implosion).

It WAS NOT a captain led implosion. The idiot coach was making them do humilating punishments if they came last in fitness exercises. The ECB are fools for hiring a drill instructor for a coach.

Pietersen did the noble thing by sacraficing the captaincy to save England from that bumpaklaat kakalakop.

India as a power is great for cricket, the ozzies are annoying, the Indians are polite. I just hope the Indian cricket authorities pump the money they make outside India, we need more countries like Bangladesh and Ireland and Canada and Holland to challenge the likes of England on competitive terms. Zim too.

It will be a great loss for cricket if India miss this opportunity. They can make much more money in the long run by spreading cricket around the world. India certainly don't need any encouragement to be more enthusiastic about cricket. India is the only cricket country that really is in the position to spread the game around the world.

;-j

BANFAN
February 4, 2009, 05:54 PM
It WAS NOT a captain led implosion. The idiot coach was making them do humilating punishments if they came last in fitness exercises. The ECB are fools for hiring a drill instructor for a coach.
Pietersen did the noble thing by sacraficing the captaincy to save England from that bumpaklaat kakalakop. .....

Very Well said. It's the coach not captain.

djnaved
February 4, 2009, 06:42 PM
the 20-20 therapy works for india..........now the indian team is more agressive and more determined..the board had a long term plan..and they're sucessfull at it...just like bollywood turns into semi-hollywood...lol

arifbd
February 4, 2009, 09:31 PM
india just beat SRi LAnka in a 3-0 in a five serie ODI
real bad news. i was supporting Sri lanka

Green Tea
February 5, 2009, 11:22 AM
India 332/5 (50 ov)
Sri Lanka 220/7 (42.2 ov)
Sri Lanka require another 113 runs with 3 wickets and 46 balls remaining

mijanur
February 5, 2009, 12:43 PM
quote: mijanur

well i don't want india to dominate cricket. i hate india. you guys are probably not following the minor things going on between BD and India. India is bullying bangladesh in alot of places. so i wish BD could bully India in cricket. I would rather want Sri Lanka because i like them better. if india becomes unbeatable like AUstralia for a couple of years they are probably going to think they are better than everybody else.

i didnt know india bully us... hate them no... they can go hell

senman
February 6, 2009, 11:10 AM
India is not the strongest (IMO t is Southafrica) we dont have good replacements for our pacers if one of them gets injured.

Rabz
February 6, 2009, 12:21 PM
India is certainly getting stronger and i believe it is good for cricket. But this was an inevitable thing to happen.

Such was the total dominance of Australia for last decade and half, the whole world and esp the other established teams were busy playing catch-up games. They have had to invest into cricket more and try really hard to come up with the level Australia was playing. That meant teams like South Africa, India and England really putting all their effort to have a team that they have today.

While Australia struggle with thier rebuilding process after loosing so many Greats to retirement, the hot seat should start to burn soon, with finally the catch up games being over and they all want to prove their might.

But one-on-one team strength on "any" ground in the world and not just home advantage, i'd put South Africans slightly ahead at this moment, but India is not really that far behind.

JonBain
February 6, 2009, 07:02 PM
The ODI rankings are a cock-up, so bad that it makes Duckworth-Lewis seem fair
by comparison.

Some teams have less points, but a higher ranking.
The number of games played also makes it look silly.
They should take the last 30 complete games played for everyone, that way it makes sense.
2 points for a win, 1 for a tie. Simple.

What have they been drinking?

senman
February 7, 2009, 09:50 AM
The ODI rankings are a cock-up, so bad that it makes Duckworth-Lewis seem fair
by comparison.

Some teams have less points, but a higher ranking.
The number of games played also makes it look silly.
They should take the last 30 complete games played for everyone, that way it makes sense.
2 points for a win, 1 for a tie. Simple.

What have they been drinking?

I don't think so, If it is so Bangladesh may arange a tournament with Kenya for lets say 20 games and then beat the hell out of them to be number 1.

So Bangladesh should get higher points for beating any team ranked higher than them and low points for beating a team lower than them. I think ICC ranking tables is fair or otherwise India (considering the number of ODIs they play) will be number 1 all the time.

Surfer
February 7, 2009, 10:18 AM
I don't think so, If it is so Bangladesh may arange a tournament with Kenya for lets say 20 games and then beat the hell out of them to be number 1.

So Bangladesh should get higher points for beating any team ranked higher than them and low points for beating a team lower than them. I think ICC ranking tables is fair or otherwise India (considering the number of ODIs they play) will be number 1 all the time.

Quite right. It takes quite a few things into consideration including home conditions, strength of opposition, toss etc.

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 11:20 AM

i dont think so

Well they have beaten Aus, Eng also they can. But beating SA in SA is probably not possible at the moment. But yoy never know, Ind is a team with lot of confiedence at the moment, same is SA.

I will keep SA ahead of India. Ind is in #2 in ODI ranking at the moment. Good to see Aus in #3 after a long time, let's see how they react to this situation.

:)

bharat
February 7, 2009, 03:07 PM
. Good to see Aus in #3 after a long time, let's see how they react to this situation.

:)

Banfan, have we not seen how Aus reacts under pressure ..simple claim catches when they have not, claim bowled's when they have not and if that does not work rile up the oppositions best batsmen to have him suspended ...

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 03:31 PM
They might go for making huge changes in the team, to have a very young team with a long term plan. They must understand that they need to be positive and anyone with yellow jersy can't give them victory. They need proper replacement of Warne, McGrath, Gillespie, Heyden, even ponting etc etc too many talented players have retired. Most of the current team, aren't of that class.

Bharat, you may b right I guess to predict their immediate reaction. But that will only damage and restroy them to take them even lower in the ranking. Ultimately they will have to come up with some positive actions to regain their place over time.

A kingdom is falling !! SA, India & now NZ... :)

arif173
February 8, 2009, 11:02 AM
India could have beaten Lanka in last ODI but India just gave more the youth chances to let he key playes rest like Zaheer Khan.

Tehsin
February 8, 2009, 12:36 PM
This gave me a thought. We all know how tough BCCI is. They demand so much from other ICC members. You can only imagine the pressure they put on their own players to perform. That could be the reason why India has produced some really tough competitors (esp Dhoni). They have a polite aggression (Sreeshanth and Bhajji are exceptions) that make them more likable than the Aussies. :)

the 20-20 therapy works for india..........now the indian team is more agressive and more determined..the board had a long term plan..and they're sucessfull at it...just like bollywood turns into semi-hollywood...lol