PDA

View Full Version : Australia in South Africa 2008-09

sandpiper
February 4, 2009, 10:16 PM
Hughes, McGain and North get call-ups

Andrew Hilditch's selection panel has placed the defence of Australia's No.1 Test ranking in the hands of its most inexperienced touring party in recent memory. The uncapped trio of Phillip Hughes, Bryce McGain and Marcus North have been added to an already green Australian line-up for the three-Test tour of South Africa, as selectors attempt to restructure the team for the future and contend with an horrific injury toll.

more: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausvrsa2008_09/content/current/story/389083.html

Australia Test squad: Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Phillip Hughes, Simon Katich, Michael Hussey, Andrew McDonald, Brad Haddin (wk), Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Doug Bollinger, Bryce McGain, Ben Hilfenhaus, Nathan Hauritz, Marcus North.

http://www.cricket.com.au/site/_content/article/00015319-HomePageImageCA.jpg

Hughes

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/369590.jpg?alt=2

McGain

MarufH
February 4, 2009, 10:18 PM
At this moment, I feel SA deserves the number one spot. They are the most organized team. Morne Morket has a little bit of no-ball issue... other than that... whole team is set... cant wait till punk a$$ Andre Nell to come back...

JonBain
February 6, 2009, 07:29 PM
Michael Clarke and Simon Katich have confirmed that they were involved in a dressing-room altercation after the Sydney Test against South Africa, but said they had moved on from the incident. The Daily Telegraph reported that the players argued over the singing of the team song, Beneath the Southern Cross, and had to be pulled apart by team-mates.

http://content-rsa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/389333.html

And now they are arguing about sing-songs.
Just imagine it :

Clarke : 'I want to sing the song now!" :-P
Katich : 'naaah. I wanna sing it later!"
Clarke : "Nowwwwwwww!"
Katich : "La-ter. Later-later-later damnit!"
Ponting "Perhaps if we sing half now, and the other half later, then we can all kiss and be freinds." :-*
Clarke : "Nah! I wanna sing the WHOLE SONG NOW!!!"
Katich : (slaps Clarke in the face with his glove) "Take that you unpatriotic misfit"
Clarke : (Holds his box over Katich's nose) "Smell my stinky groin, you ninny"
Symmonds : "These guys are cow-sh1t, I mean cow-dirt, I'm going fishing, and then I am going to drink a beer." :ticking:
Ponting : "Waaaaaaa. Please bring back Warne and McGrath" :hairpull:
Haufenhaus : "I'm going to join the women's team, at least they can beat NZ without cheating.
Katich : (slaps Clarke in the face with his glove again)
Clarke : "Stop it! You horrid little brat. Ricky, he's causing trouble again, oh tell him to stop it, Ricky."
Ponting : "Now cut it out or I won't let you play sing-song anymore."

etc...

JonBain
February 17, 2009, 04:21 PM
I'll be quite surprised if Oz managed to win much more than a token 20/20 lottery.

Ajfar
February 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
sanpiper..banned.??

sbsash
February 17, 2009, 07:39 PM
I'm supporting none of them.Both have bad sportsman ship.

MohammedC
February 20, 2009, 09:34 AM
Second string SA XI is giving OZ hard times.

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2009, 09:40 AM
Good stuff Jon. Hilarious to the core.

Tigers_eye
February 20, 2009, 09:44 AM
What a find Australia has. McGain!!!
16 overs 111 runs. Econ 6.93 in a three day game. Wow!!!

Imran khan changed citizenship? I know he can still play for Pakistan but going to SA to beatup on Ponting? That is low.

Tigers_eye
February 26, 2009, 10:39 AM
Aus at the stumps: 250+/5.
Ponting scored 83. Left an inswinger from ntini and got bowled. Bad light forced a close. I say Australia did very good. Specially Debudant North. He is at the crease on 47 Notout.

Dhruvo
February 26, 2009, 10:06 PM
I'm supporting none of them.Both have bad sportsman ship.
How can you say that ? I think South Africa is a very disciplined side , I never see them cheating,mocking or doing anything that is a disgrace to cricket. I agree that Australia can get on the nerves of other teams at times but how can you say that about south africa ?

JonBain
February 28, 2009, 05:02 PM
Some average selection policies from S Africa. De Villiers is a great w/k, Boucher is an average batsman. Morkel bowls too many no-balls. Prince should take Boucher's place. Tsotsobe or the left-arm bowler, Parnell for Morkel. Also, Oz don't play a spinner on that track, so why do SA feel they have to?

Now Kallis breaks down, and Smith is left with no other options but to bowl the spinner.

Average captaincy from Smith too. He bowls the left hand spinner against two left-hand batsmen, and Harris gets hit for 26 in one over. Not Harris' fault, he has to bowl when asked. Smith himself is a right-arm spinner. Elementary stuff. Don't let the batsman hit to leg with the spin. Especially not when the slog is on! And double epsecially when its not even a spinning wicket !! And triple especially when he cannot bowl one that spins the other way !!!

eish
Great batting from Johnson, though.

No follow on?

JonBain
February 28, 2009, 06:39 PM
Siddle struck again just before lunch removing Morkel caught and bowled for 2. In the next over Paul Harris was given out to lbw by Billy Bowden from North’s bowling.

Replays suggested if SA had a referral left the decision might have been overturned

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25122174-601,00.html

The crooked finger does it again.
Bowden is as crooked as umpires get, like all of his country'men' - escaped convicts.
Didn't even have the decency to serve their sentence.

nzfan
February 28, 2009, 07:55 PM
Jonbain shut the *** up

Billy is a crap umpire I admit it, but calling us escaped convicts? Australia were the convict colony, learn your history, or are the schools that **** in South Africa?

South Africans really shouldnt be commenting on cheating, How about how you gave all the all blacks food poisoning for the world cup final in 1995?

Jeff wilson was vomiting on the side line throughout the game

And think about it, why would billy be siding with australians? They are our rivals

Its ok, for Australians to call us sheep shaggers etc, but you being a South African are not allowed to do the same "Spit"

Nadim
March 7, 2009, 08:32 AM
i think M.Johnson is the best seamer in the World currently...........this guy is very very impressive.the way he bowled today against SA it was amazing to watch.....

Yameen
March 7, 2009, 09:47 AM
blood bath of abuse going on here..also in the cricket with smith and kallis getting seriously injured

MohammedC
March 7, 2009, 09:52 AM
When Bangladesh toured Oz back in July 2008. They could not handle the pace of M Johnson. And our coach Mr Siddons brought that issue to public/media. Lots of people laughed at Bangladeshi players but if they are watching today they will share the opinion with Jamie Siddons. Because 2 batsmen (Smith and KAllis) who got injured are few of the best players of Pace bowling in world cricket.

SA now are in big trouble 104/6 (104/7 as I doubt Smith will bat again)

Nadim
March 7, 2009, 10:28 AM
When Bangladesh toured Oz back in July 2008. They could not handle the pace of M Johnson. And our coach Mr Siddons brought that issue to public/media. Lots of people laughed at Bangladeshi players but if they are watching today they will share the opinion with Jamie Siddons. Because 2 batsmen (Smith and KAllis) who got injured are few of the best players of Pace bowling in world cricket.

commentator said Smith is out for 3-4 weeks.....

nycpro96
March 7, 2009, 10:38 AM

right on

nycpro96
March 7, 2009, 10:55 AM
spvod buffering so damn much

nycpro96
March 7, 2009, 10:59 AM
bad light calls off play

BANFAN
March 8, 2009, 05:49 AM
SA is in thik soup !!

Aus having over 300 lead at lunch 3rd day & still have 9 wkts intact. Probably they will take a lead over 550 by today & still have 2 more days to get SA all out.

Xavier
March 10, 2009, 11:55 AM
Nobody's on this topic?:confused:

Australia win 2nd test and the series, retaining n.1 in the ranking though South Africa were favourites to get that after beating the Aussies in the previous series.

Tigers_eye
March 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
Well dissapointed with SA performance. Smith out and the rest crumbles. I was so pumped up that we would have a new #1. This Hughes guy??? Come on!! A 20 year old. Steyn and co. couldn't get him out. Oh well!!

Miraz
March 21, 2009, 12:08 AM
What an innings from Ashwell Prince!! A fairytale comeback. He should now settle in the opening position with Duminy in the middle order. McKenzie was far too inconsistent. Smith-Prince combination has the potential to be one of the most successful opening combination.

One World
March 21, 2009, 01:19 AM
Now we will have two players questioning food purity when RSA visit us.

nzfan
March 21, 2009, 04:03 AM
Bring mcgain on, the runs arent coming fast enough

nzfan
March 21, 2009, 04:05 AM
Now we will have two players questioning food purity when RSA visit us.

I'm guessing Hashim just asked if the food was halal because they are generally a non muslim team and may have thought that as the team isnt muslim the BD cheifs wouldn't need to follow Halal food practises so was just making sure

Im pretty sure it wasnt personal

Abid_Khan
March 21, 2009, 04:50 AM
Oz is bad @ cricket now. Why don't we sit and eat our birani and laugh at those people from the land "down under"...

Nadim
March 22, 2009, 10:28 AM
jhonson is on 95..can he get his 100?

Nadim
March 22, 2009, 10:30 AM
and he got it....wat a awesome player to watch

One World
March 22, 2009, 10:48 AM
Oz is bad @ cricket now. Why don't we sit and eat our birani and laugh at those people from the land "down under"...

Questioning the status???!?!!!??

One World
March 22, 2009, 10:49 AM
120.2 Steyn to Johnson, SIX!!, dragged back by Steyn, Johnson swivels around and pulls it away over deep mid wicket, ohh boy doesn't he love that shot!!!

Nocturnal
March 23, 2009, 01:13 AM
So, I'm guessing thats the end of Mr.Bucknor, right?
Nothing in Cricinfo or any where about it!
Anyways, have a good life Sir!

MohammedC
March 23, 2009, 06:44 AM
So, I'm guessing thats the end of Mr.Bucknor, right?
Nothing in Cricinfo or any where about it!
Anyways, have a good life Sir!

CI did mention it about a week back and there was thread opened for the legend umpire.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=29149

Nadim
April 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
Again M.Hussey!!!

Murad
April 3, 2009, 01:46 PM
What a BD like collapse from SA!!!

They were 90/1 and now 126/6.

Nadim
April 5, 2009, 12:27 PM
did any1 saw WD Parnell destroying AUS top order this morning? he is a gonna be a star for SA cricket in future.
He is 19 and bowl 140kph+ with swing.the way he bowl this morning it was awsome to watch from a 19 yrs old guy.......
I remember him when he took 6 wickets for only 8 runs against BD in the U19 WC last year and scored 56 in the same match.

One World
April 5, 2009, 11:45 PM
Status?