PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafe sold for $600,000 to Kolkata

scoilaheez
February 6, 2009, 02:43 AM
Its come through on cricinfo that Mash has been sold for a staggering $600,000 to the knightriders. Unbelievable!! Wonder how Sakib feels about this news, (knowing Sakib he would be happy for him).

Looking forward to seeing Mash play.

ausbangfan
February 6, 2009, 02:58 AM
its a 2yr contract

btw i hope mash has a very successful tournament

its unfortunate that shakib wasnt picked but he might be selected as a replacement. also ash being picked will hopefully be a good thing

sharjilh
February 6, 2009, 03:01 AM
GO MASHRAFE! KOLKATA IS THE TEAM TO SUPPORT NOW! :)

Sad for Tamim, Shakib and Ashraful, but all the best to Morttaazzaaa!

cricket_pagol
February 6, 2009, 03:11 AM
I am happy that masrafee got such a good deal!!! But, feeling very sad for Shakib... hopefully, he will still get a deal.

billah
February 6, 2009, 03:20 AM
[বাংলা]শুধু "ধরায়ে" কেন? দিবানি/দাবড়ানি/দুমড়ানি/মোচড়ানির মাধ্যমে তাদের জানিয়ে দেওয়া হবে কেন বাংলাদেশে খেলতে আসাটা তাদের মত চুনপুটিদের বেলায় সাজে না।[/বাংলা]

Cautious, diplomatic use of vernacular font.....

cric crazy
February 6, 2009, 04:04 AM
Wow, Mashraffe sold for $600.000 ....yipee

He was bought by kolkata Knight Riders in a bidding frenzy between Kolkata and Punjab.

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/breakingnews/archives/ipl_2009/

Shaan
February 6, 2009, 04:13 AM
Wow, Mashraffe sold for $600.000 ....yipee

He was bought by kolkata Knight Riders in a bidding frenzy between Kolkata and Punjab.

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/breakingnews/archives/ipl_2009/

actually ei khobor already bashi hoye geche onnanno threde eita niya likha hoiche but thread khula hoy nai, tarporo abar CONGRATS to our PAGLA !!!

Isnaad
February 6, 2009, 04:15 AM
Mishti koi Mashrafe lol!

sharjilh
February 6, 2009, 04:21 AM
ya man the fireworks have probably started in Narail - he is probably a Millionaire (in American dollars) now :P...Narail Millionaire :P :P

Nadim
February 6, 2009, 04:26 AM
i knew ther will be WAR between Kings Punjab Knight Riders for mash but i didn't expect 600k for mash..go on mash.........thanx to Shahrukh khan

Anher
February 6, 2009, 05:00 AM
[বাংলা]৪ কোটী টাকা মাত্র...। [/বাংলা]:-d

Nadim
February 6, 2009, 05:05 AM
the reason K RR pay 600k for mash becasue Shoib and Gul, who is unable to play for KRR this year becasue of PCB..

mahbubH
February 6, 2009, 05:28 AM
Kolkata has to sign one BD player to get the BD market and Mash fits their team well. Good for Mash and BD cricket. This is lot of money.

Though I don't like Dada much, I will support KKR if I get time to follow the IPL after following BD.

karimjay.
February 6, 2009, 05:36 AM
i'm sure you'll find time.

it's cricket.

Ishtylish cricketer
February 6, 2009, 05:40 AM
Congrats Mash. I was shocked to see Ash got sold. Hopefully, they perform well.

mijanur
February 6, 2009, 05:53 AM
ash got sold aswelll.. really proud of both of them

mohd azam
February 6, 2009, 05:56 AM
superV Going in ipl by mashrafe

Antora
February 6, 2009, 06:06 AM
woot woot! xD Go MASH! KKKR is the team I support and now that one of my fav players is there, it makes it even better xD

rubel_18
February 6, 2009, 06:08 AM
Well thats really gud to hear the fact he got bought but hu wud hav thought for $600k, I will be supporting both KKR and Mumbai.

mijanur
February 6, 2009, 06:09 AM
Well thats really gud to hear the fact he got bought but hu wud hav thought for $600k, I will be supporting both KKR and Mumbai.

same lol

zainab
February 6, 2009, 06:48 AM
Great to see Mash got sold for a huge sum. playing in the IPL will definitely improve his bowling, and he will be interacting with a great team.

I hope eventually Sakib and Tamim gets a slot. If I remember rightly, Razzak was chosen a bit late, so there is still hope for Sakib, but maybe Tamim might lose out.

reverse_swing
February 6, 2009, 06:49 AM
Zeecric Bureau

Dhaka, Feb 06: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, who, starting from a base price of USD 50,000, went for a whopping USD 600,000 to Kolkata Knight Riders, was understandably ecstatic after the price he fetched at the Indian Premier League season 2 auction at Goa.

http://cricket.zeenews.com/spacer.gif
“I am the happiest person in the world now,” he said, immediately after his auction where Bangladesh paceman went for 12 times his base price of USD 50,000.

“I did not expect my price to be so high.”

Amongst his fellow countrymen, Mortaza expected his captain Mohammad Asharful and star player Rakib Al Hasan to fetch maximum price.

“I expected Asharful and Rakib ( to fetch high prices). Hopefully they will get a chance again soon.”

He also saw the IPL as a platform for his countrymen to display their talents.

“It’s a wonderful opportunity for us,” he said.

“If we perform well, we will increase our options.”

In a fierce bidding war between King XI Punjab and Kolkata Knight Riders that lasted close to half an hour, before the Shah Rukh Khan-owned outfit eventually bought him.

Knight Riders had made their interest in Mortaza known even before the bidding.

ZeeNews>> (http://cricket.zeenews.com/fullstory.aspx?nid=17372)

mijanur
February 6, 2009, 06:49 AM
Great to see Mash got sold for a huge sum. playing in the IPL will definitely improve his bowling, and he will be interacting with a great team.

I hope eventually Sakib and Tamim gets a slot. If I remember rightly, Razzak was chosen a bit late, so there is still hope for Sakib, but maybe Tamim might lose out.

but hope both of them get chose though

mijanur
February 6, 2009, 06:55 AM
i saw in the new http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/video_streaming.php
that pretty zinta really wanted him lol

Sovik
February 6, 2009, 07:02 AM
he'll team up with few great players like McCullam, Gayle, Ponting, Hodge, Dave Hussey, Ishant Sharma, Saurav Ganguly and Agarkar. and i think he will play most of the matches since he'll be handy lower down the order

al Furqaan
February 6, 2009, 07:39 AM
can't beleive he went for 600 big ones...and 12 times his base too.

he can't possibly live up to those figures, but hopefully he'll do better than ishant and his other pace teammates.

cric crazy
February 6, 2009, 07:45 AM
Hey scoilaheez,

when did you win the BIDDING for this thread? Did I not open this thread? oh well, never mind, lets celebrate together.

Anyway, the real celebration will begin when SAKIB is bought.

Nafi
February 6, 2009, 07:48 AM
can't beleive he went for 600 big ones...and 12 times his base too.

he can't possibly live up to those figures, but hopefully he'll do better than ishant and his other pace teammates.

I think he can.

He bowls very economically these days, if he makes use of his off-cutters and mantains his immaculate line and length, he should come out good.

He can hit against the slow/medium bowlers

He needs to learn how to play proper shots against the fast bowlers.

BanCricFan
February 6, 2009, 07:52 AM
CONGRATS to PAGLA!

May he stays fit and shows his true potential. He HAS to be one of the top three pacers in the world right now!

auntu
February 6, 2009, 07:53 AM
[বাংলা]হৈ হৈ কান্ড রৈ রৈ ব্যাপার
খুশীর খবরে মন মাতলো সবার

সাবাস মাশরাফী এগিয়ে যাও।

[/বাংলা]

sbsash
February 6, 2009, 08:21 AM
Good luck in India Mashrafe

Baundule
February 6, 2009, 08:29 AM
from the IPL auction and relatively high price of Mashrafe, it seems he will be the Bangladesh captain in very near future. IPL is not all about game, politics is also involved.

Mahmood
February 6, 2009, 08:52 AM
Now you know why Mashrafe is my favorite player since he started.

He is the true Royal Bengal Tiger.

Spitfire_x86
February 6, 2009, 09:11 AM
Our players need to do well in IPL. If Mash/Ash is a success, then Indians will be more interested in our cricket, which might result in a full India tour for us eventually.

yaseer
February 6, 2009, 09:19 AM
Kolkata Knight Riders is my team this year.........
GO Masfrafee GO!!!!
Want to see some serious new ball spell from Mashrafee........

yaseer
February 6, 2009, 09:24 AM
Our players need to do well in IPL. If Mash/Ash is a success, then Indians will be more interested in our cricket, which might result in a full India tour for us eventually.

Absolutely right....Mashrafee and Ashraful are taking the responsibility for rest of the promising Bangladeshi players....They must play well.

I want to see at least one match winning innings from Ashraful where he will win the match of his own.....by blasting the bowlers all over the field....in this format for Ashraful, its very much possible.

Again, from Mashrafee....at least one new ball spell where he rips through the top order.....and consistently bowl well.....i have the confidence on Mashrafee that at least he will be a consistent performer.

Can Ashraful do what Kapali did in the ICL? Why not.....I am hoping for the best.

Padosan
February 6, 2009, 09:24 AM
Very good break for one of my favourite players in BD. Awesome he will feel home at KKR too and none better than Dada to groom him if needed. Win win situation for KKR and Mash.

Btw, did you guys see Ash was just used as a filler in Mumbai, that too just for the base price ? Sad for him, hopefully he will learn on how not to waste God given talent along side sachin/jayasuriya.

cheers !

Ajfar
February 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
$600,000 damnnn...
those that were calling him stupid for not taking the $150,000 deal...there is your answer....
sobure mewa fole

patriot
February 6, 2009, 09:56 AM
Kolkata Knight Riders Bowling attack would now look like :

Ishant Sharma
Mashrafe Mortaza
Ajantha Mendis
Murali Kartik
Ranadeb Bose / Sourashish Lahiri /Ashok Dinda /Dada

Mashrafee is 6th costliest player in the team at the moment after

Ganguly - (US$1,092,500)
David Hussey - (US$625,000)
Brendon McCullum - (US$700,000)
Chris Gayle - (US$800,000)
Ishant Sharma - (US$950,000)

ialbd
February 6, 2009, 09:56 AM
congrats Mash..... now make us proud......

senman
February 6, 2009, 10:22 AM
Congrats Mortaza.

money21
February 6, 2009, 10:26 AM
any1 got d video for d auction

DJ Sahastra
February 6, 2009, 10:27 AM
Kudos to Pagla Shalara!

Ei to Khub Bhalo Khobor. E Deserb Kore. :)

DJ Sahastra
February 6, 2009, 10:28 AM
How many Toka's is $600,000? I can count upto 20 easily with my fingers but i suspect it is much more.

Mahmood
February 6, 2009, 10:31 AM
<table class="XEtbl_sub" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="XEenlarge" align="center" height="40">Live rates at 2009.02.06 15:31:25 UTC </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="XEenlarge" width="45%" align="right">600,000.00 USD<!-- WARNING: Automated extraction of data is prohibited under the Terms of Use. -->

</td> <td class="XEenlarge" valign="top" align="center">=

</td> <td class="XEenlarge" width="45%" align="left">41,159,999.09 BDT<!-- WARNING: Automated extraction of data is prohibited under the Terms of Use. -->

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="XEenlarge" align="right">United States Dollars </td> <td class="XEenlarge" valign="top" align="center"> </td> <td class="XEenlarge" align="left">Bangladesh Taka </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="XEenlarge" align="right">1 USD = 68.6000 BDT<!-- WARNING: Automated extraction of data is prohibited under the Terms of Use. --></td> <td class="XEenlarge" valign="top" align="center"> </td> <td class="XEenlarge" align="left">1 BDT = 0.0145773 USD</td></tr></tbody></table>

mali007
February 6, 2009, 10:53 AM
Congratulation norail express !!! He will be explosive both in bowling and batting !!

shabbir
February 6, 2009, 10:57 AM
I was watching sport center in the espn. Mashrafee's name was taken more than kp and Flintoff.A lot guys could not digest Mash sold so high.One of KKR'S official told they wanted Mash at any prize bcoz considering that Dhaka will be 2nd home KKR.

cricket_dorshok
February 6, 2009, 10:58 AM
Congrats Mash!

DJ Sahastra
February 6, 2009, 11:01 AM
Pagla deserved 600K for being just that, Pagla. Also, he held a grudge that Indians look down upon Bangladeshis and hopefully, this would go miles and clearing his grudges.

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2009, 11:05 AM
I'm really happy for the man. This is also very good publicity for our cricket. Let's hope he fires this season and makes it worth the Knightriders' while.

KnightBD
February 6, 2009, 11:09 AM
Kolkata Knight Riders Bowling attack would now look like :

Ishant Sharma
Mashrafe Mortaza
Ajantha Mendis
Murali Kartik
Ranadeb Bose / Sourashish Lahiri /Ashok Dinda /Dada

I rather think the bowling attack will be like this
Ishant
Mash
Ajit
Mendis
Cris Gale/Kartik

But I wonder who will KKR leave to make place for Mash (because of the stupid rule of only 4 foreign players in a match)?
Cris gale (Open/spin)?
Mendis (spin)?
McCullum (wk)?
Ponting (middle)?

Seems like Ponting have to rested to make space for Mash !!! :-D:-D:-D

DJ Sahastra
February 6, 2009, 11:14 AM
IBut I wonder who will KKR leave to make place for Mash (because of the stupid rule of only 4 foreign players in a match)?
Cris gale (Open/spin)?
Mendis (spin)?
McCullum (wk)?
Ponting (middle)?

Seems like Ponting have to rested to make space for Mash !!! :-D:-D:-D

Actually, that expalins why KKR did not bid for Shakib. If there is a 4-player limit, who are they gonna leave out from the above? None actually.

It seems between Shakib and Mashrafe, they decided to go for Mashrafe.

senman
February 6, 2009, 11:19 AM
Actually, that expalins why KKR did not bid for Shakib. If there is a 4-player limit, who are they gonna leave out from the above? None actually.

It seems between Shakib and Mashrafe, they decided to go for Mashrafe.

yes that makes lot of sense.

But Mashrafe was always rated better by us Indians. Anyone we can't play well we would rate them high. Sakib should wait and prove it to the Indian team he is a very good player then I am sure he will go for a high price in IPL2010

Spitfire_x86
February 6, 2009, 12:49 PM
Gayle/McCullum/Hussey will play all matches if they're fit/available. Mashrafe has to contend with Agarkar/Kartik/Mendis for a spot. If they play Kartik as the spinner (2 spinners in the playing XI is extremely unlikely), Mash will probably get in.

sharjilh
February 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
Im not sure if Gayle is there for the entire season, if he's not there then Mashrafe will definately play. I also i doubt whether Ricky Ponting will also be there especially with the Ashes soon after and he wouldnt want to be injured, so then Mashrafe is in again. Im sure Mashrafe will be more favourite as a choice than David Hussey, since he is explosive with the bat and also he is the only foreign fast bowler they have (as Gul is unavailable for this season). So hopefully, quite a few games for Mortaza! :)

pagol-chagol
February 6, 2009, 12:56 PM
I thought NZ/SA players are 100% available, but the WI/Pak players are not available at all. Aussies will miss most of the season too, if not all. Hussey bros are regular in Aussie team now.

Sakib doesn fit well with KKR because they have Mendis. On the other hand, with Gul & Akhter out, Mash fits like a glove.

Murad
February 6, 2009, 12:59 PM
Proud Mortaza credits hard work
Cricinfo staff
February 6, 2009

Mashrafe Mortaza, the Bangladesh allrounder, has said his lucrative IPL contract is a reward for hard work and a consistent season. Mortaza, 25, was picked up by the Kolkata Knight Riders for $600,000 after a protracted bidding war with Kings XI Punjab that saw his value shoot up to 12 times the base price.

"Obviously I am pleased. I feel this is a result of all the hard work I have put in over the years and also a reward for being consistent this season," Mortaza told PTI.

Mortaza's value to Kolkata was no surprise, both in cricketing terms - the Knight Riders are without Shoaib Akhtar and Umar Gul - and as a "local hero", given his ethnicity. What did raise eyebrows was Punjab's relentless bidding, and Mortaza offered one explanation for that. He said Yuvraj Singh, the Kings XI Punjab captain, had promised him to take him on. "I often had conversations with Yuvraj and he said he would take me in his side," Mortaza, who figures at No. 8 in the ICC ODI rankings, was quoted as saying.

That Punjab's pursuit of Mortaza was not just a red-herring to catch Kolkata off guard was confirmed by franchise stake-holder Preity Zinta. "Mortaza is a great player, an all-rounder and we wanted him. But you win some, you lose some," she said.

Mortaza is excited about playing in Kolkata, and under Sourav Ganguly. "I have lots of friends and fans in India. I love being there and it is a pleasure to play in India, he said. "Kolkata is just next door and I know how much people there admire Bangladeshi cricketers… my challenge is to go over there and prove my worth."

Lalit Modi, the IPL chairman, said he thought Mortaza's signing made great business sense for Kolkata. "We were all very surprised (at Mortaza's price tag), but it makes great sense for them. Bangladesh falls in Kolkata's catchment area under a new proposal we are discussing on letting franchises stage matches overseas. This could work well for KKR later."

Mortaza's windfall was acclaimed by his captain, Mohammad Ashraful - who himself was signed up by the Mumbai Indians. "I am very happy for Mash [Mortaza] as he has been outstanding day in and day out for us."

The one Bangladesh player who surprisingly didn't make the cut, though, was Shakib Al Hasan, and Mortaza spared a thought for him. "I would have been a lot happier if Shakib had got a team because he truly deserved it for his sensational form with the bat and ball," he said.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/389524.html

Nadim
February 6, 2009, 01:00 PM
mash will play most of the match.......if not why did mr KHAN bought him than 600k?
BTW i can't wait what MR. KHAN WILL SAY ABOUT HIM........

betaar
February 6, 2009, 01:04 PM
I don't really care if he gets to play in all matches and to be honest I dont want him to play all matches. I'd rather he plays fewest matches possible with good performance and keep his body fit for our national matches. He'll get his money as long as his available for IPL even if he doesn't get to play a single match.....so no worries there. But his performance in each and every IPL match will only make a passage for other BD players.

sharjilh
February 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
I don't really care if he gets to play in all matches and to be honest I dont want him to play all matches. I'd rather he plays fewest macthes possible with good results and keep his body fit for our national matches. He'll get his money as long as his avaible for IPL even if he doesn't get to play a single match.....so no worries there. But his performance in each and every IPL match will only make a passage for other BD players.

well i know what youre talking about with match fitness/injuries. But I mean all these world stars in IPL are playing, and theyre not really that worried about injuries. Injuries can happen even if you play domestic cricket in India. So honestly itll be an amazing experience for him if he plays as many games as possible.

betaar
February 6, 2009, 01:11 PM
well i know what youre talking about with match fitness/injuries. But I mean all these world stars in IPL are playing, and theyre not really that worried about injuries. Injuries can happen even if you play domestic cricket in India. So honestly itll be an amazing experience for him if he plays as many games as possible.

yeah but not all players are as injury prone as Mash, especially with his knee. Do you not remember what we've gone through duing the time when he was out of cricket for over 2 years, man that was like dark age of BD cricket after a very good promising start by Mash. I don't want to relive that again and avoiding that era is worth more than billions $$$.

pagol-chagol
February 6, 2009, 01:16 PM
I don't really care if he gets to play in all matches and to be honest I dont want him to play all matches. I'd rather he plays fewest matches possible with good performance and keep his body fit for our national matches. He'll get his money as long as his available for IPL even if he doesn't get to play a single match.....so no worries there. But his performance in each and every IPL match will only make a passage for other BD players.

Good post!

Beamer
February 6, 2009, 01:36 PM
Good for him. He is as good an opening bowler as anyone these days. He is a good fielder, can be very handy with bat, and makes perfect sense for KKR due to the proximity to BD. Above all, he is an entertainer, and keep in mind that IPL is not your typical Sunday league. It is a mixture of entertainment , glamour and cricket. In that sense, the two most glamorous cricketers from BD have made it.

tanvir_nus
February 6, 2009, 01:42 PM
But he is only earning his base price!!! He will only earn 50000$ per year which is not much actually. But it's ok probably in the next auction he can fetch a better one!

Shaan
February 6, 2009, 01:48 PM
But he is only earning his base price!!! He will only earn 50000$ per year which is not much actually. But it's ok probably in the next auction he can fetch a better one!

make it correct it is 600000$ per year, so, don't you think it is huge money?

Anher
February 6, 2009, 01:52 PM
after all these buzz, flopping pitersen, flintoff like superstar in bidding news do we deserve to hear mash getting only 50k?
Come on man its 600k per year.

cricman
February 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
Looks like Masri has Lots of Friends in the Indian Team to thank for, He's thinks is Yuvi who got him paided.

Masri is Certified Millionare now

tanvir_nus
February 6, 2009, 01:57 PM
Sorry correct me if I am wrong here guys, I am speaking with my senses, I heard that the players agree to play for ipl for a base price and they are bought by IPL for that much if a team buys them, but the amount that is extra the team pays to IPL so in a way IPL is making the profit of that extra amount and the players are getting the base price. Something like that, please confirm thanks.

cricman
February 6, 2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry correct me if I am wrong here guys, I am speaking with my senses, I heard that the players agree to play for ipl for a base price and they are bought by IPL for that much if a team buys them, but the amount that is extra the team pays to IPL so in a way IPL is making the profit of that extra amount and the players are getting the base price. Something like that, please confirm thanks.

No, It's an Auction the Players get all of it

Mashrafe is in the end will get paid 84 Million Taka or so Depending on Inflation.

Ajfar
February 6, 2009, 02:05 PM
he will definately get enough match i'm sure..i mean they paid him $600,000...i'm sure they are not dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 just to warm the bench...

betaar
February 6, 2009, 02:09 PM
No, It's an Auction the Players get all of it

Mashrafe is in the end will get paid 84 Million Taka or so Depending on Inflation.

I don't think mash will get the whole chunk.

he'll have to pay income tax to the BD government, then chanda to the local AL mastaans and then take the whole team and the officials to Sheraton and then he may have some left for him, so after all that I'm not too envious. :-D

gunda
February 6, 2009, 02:12 PM
Wasn't expecting that.. took me by surprise, goodluck to mash, hope he performs well and represents bangladesh cricket in a good way..
will be following all matches where BD players are involved.

Murad
February 6, 2009, 02:34 PM

Its a 2 yr contract, which means he will get $300K per year. You think that not much?

The amount is no joke. I never thought I could earn such a big amount of money by playing cricket.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=74708

Kabir
February 6, 2009, 02:44 PM
Why are some folks surprised for Mash's price? Think about it:

1. Mash is a better T20 player if compared to Sakib
2. Mash can pinch hit...Sakib can't
3. Mash lives closer to Kolkata
4. Biggest of all reasons...Kolkata needed a pacer...and they were desperate

Don't be surprised. I'm surprised about why people are surprised for Sakib not being sold. He's a good temperment player. He needs to focus on ODI and Test. T20 is not his piece of cake.

senman
February 6, 2009, 02:51 PM
Its a 2 yr contract, which means he will get $300K per year. You think that not much?

Sorry yaar wrong again its a 2 year contract alright but $600k each year. That means if Mortaza remains injury free and available to KKR for 12 weeks in 2 years he will be $1200K richer.

cricman
February 6, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hopefully Mashrafe can get some batting lesson vs Pace Bowlers over there

series
February 6, 2009, 02:53 PM

Its a two year contract of 600000 dollars per year.:doh:

Murad
February 6, 2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry yaar wrong again its a 2 year contract alright but $600k each year. That means if Mortaza remains injury free and available to KKR for 12 weeks in 2 years he will be $1200K richer.

Its a two year contract of 600000 dollars per year.:doh:

Are you guys sure about it?
What's the source? :confused:

tonoy
February 6, 2009, 02:57 PM

No source needed Murad. I think you are confusing this with the English player's contract. They will get half since they will only play for half the seasons. Mash will be there for the whole season. It's more of how long you can stay with the team. 600k per year, if he stays for the whole season.

senman
February 6, 2009, 02:59 PM

Why do you want the source it was like that last year and I am sure the rule hasn't changed

Murad
February 6, 2009, 03:01 PM
No source needed Murad. I think you are confusing this with the English player's contract. They will get half since they will only play for half the seasons. Mash will be there for the whole season. It's more of how long you can stay with the team. 600k per year, if he stays for the whole season.

Thanks Tonoy.
O my.. thats too much... I hope he performs.

senman
February 6, 2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/FullcoverageStoryPage.aspx?id=2094b02c-e274-434d-9974-8bef7d1bc76bIPL_Special&&IsCricket=true&Headline=Ground+rules+for+the+IPL+Auction

Here muradnyc these were the rules last year , the only change is teams finance has been reduced from $5 million to $2million and only three slots + replacement slots(players left because of Pakistan's ban) for each team to fill up the foreign players

hoodlum
February 6, 2009, 03:56 PM
can anyone provide the auction video of mash?

rashed411
February 6, 2009, 04:09 PM
this indian bitch is jealous of mashrafe mortaza....watching IBN LIVE

kalpurush
February 6, 2009, 04:12 PM
Spot on, bro.
Play your best...with all your devotion. If it is a single match or so...:)

Green Tea
February 6, 2009, 04:15 PM
Mashrafee, Ashraful get picked for IPL, Sakib left out

In the most dramatic bidding for players in the Indian Primer League to date, Bangladesh vice-captain Mashrafee bin Murtaza was purchased by Kolkata Knight Riders at a whopping $600,000 in Goa on Friday.
Bidding on Mashrafee had started with a base price of $50,000 but his figures kept climbing steadily with the Kings XI Punjab hot on the heels of the Knight Riders before the Kolkata side roped him for 12 times his starting price.
Bangladesh skipper Mohammad Ashraful rode on his luck to win a contract at a time when it seemed the auction was well over. Mumbai Indians snapped him up at his base price $75,000.
Sakib al Hasan, the world’s top ranked all-rounder in ODIs, however, did not get a buyer surprisingly. Also unsold was opening batsman Tamim Iqbal, the other Bangladeshi player on the auction.
Initially there were no bids for Mashrafee either. But just before the hammer went down, Kolkata made a bid for $50,000. It was the start of the most dramatic sale at the auction that lasted nearly half an hour.
Kings XI Punjab entered the race almost immediately and the price started climbing up by $10,000 with every call. The raises were slow and the bidding went on and on and on. Kolkata touched the $500,000 mark first and Punjab went further to $550,000.
To the utter disbelief of everyone present, Kolkata, raised their call to $600,000 and at this point the tug of war between two best-looking film actresses of India Juhi Chawla and Preity Zinta for the Bangladesh pacer ended.
Juhi, the co-owner of Knight Riders, was calling for her team accompanied by coach Buchanan while Preity was calling for her King XI side alongside partner Ness Wadia. Preity was clearly frustrated, and later revealed that she was desperate to have Mashrafee on her side.
‘(Masharfee) Murtaza is a great player, an all-rounder and we wanted him. But you win some, you lose some,’ Preity later told reporters.
Mashrafee’s price was a record in the IPL. His price increased by 1100 per cent than his base price. Indian pacer Ishant Sharma held the record previously with $950,000 -575 per cent higher than his base price, also from Knight Riders last year.
Like his other team-mates on auction, Masharfee bin Murtaza was also reluctant to speak publicly about his Indian Premier League prospect before the auction in Goa on Friday.
But to the close circle he had revealed at least two facts. The first one was a recent phone call from Shahrukh Khan, the owner of Kolkata Knight Riders and the second was a promise made by Kings XI Punjab captain Yuvraj Singh.
Last year Mohammad Rafique had claimed to have gotten a call from Shahrukh, which later proved to be a false as the Knight Riders never came up with any offer for him publicly and the Bangladesh spinner went on to join the Indian Cricket League.
Mashrafee was careful to talk about his call from Shahrukh, but everyone close to the all-rounder knew that King Khan had in fact requested him to withdraw his name from the auction.
Shahrukh promised to take him in the squad as a replacement of Pakistani players. But Mashrafee humbly turned down the request and decided to try his luck. He knew for sure that at least Kings XI will be bidding for him as promised by Yuvraj last year.
Unlike Rafique, Mashrafee proved correct in his claims as both Shahrukh’s Knight Riders and Yuvraj’s Kings XI, made an intense bidding for him that lasted nearly 30 minutes and took his price to an astounding $6,00,000

For full story read here (http://www.newagebd.com/2009/feb/07/spt.html).

srtor
February 6, 2009, 04:23 PM
Wow! Mashrafe your the main man! But I am so sad that Shakib didn't get picked though. Why would a team like Mumbai want to pick Ashrafool I don't get it!

djnaved
February 6, 2009, 04:27 PM
it would be a hugh loss for kolkata, if mash breakes his commitment...kolkata picks mash for some reasons...........so mash needs to really show up his best performance in ipl.....

go mash go, we are with you

rashed411
February 6, 2009, 04:30 PM
$6,00,000? haha wth?

bdchamp20
February 6, 2009, 05:00 PM
Lol NDTV the Indian news channel is saying Mashrafe only earns 50,000 rupees a year! They are trying to portay him as the ''Slumdog Millionaire.''

Murad
February 6, 2009, 05:22 PM
Lol NDTV the Indian news channel is saying Mashrafe only earns 50,000 rupees a year! They are trying to portay him as the ''Slumdog Millionaire.''

lolz.. THats funny!!

He earns over 80K per month. Plus sponsors money, match fees..

Damn these Indians are really stupid.

MarufH
February 6, 2009, 05:48 PM
Unbelievable...Well.. hope he will perform... see ICL players.. what u losing... I want Sn to open his eyes now!!!!

al Furqaan
February 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
so is it 600 grand per year? or 600 grand total contract?

so if its a 3 year deal, it means he would 200,000 per year...

tonoy
February 6, 2009, 05:55 PM
600k per season.

Shaan
February 6, 2009, 05:59 PM
hmm according to Ananda Bazar news paper Ganguli didn't want to have Mash with such price, to his thought Mash doesn't deserve 600,000$, it was Sharukh who wanted Mash by any means, here is the link:
http://www.anandabazar.com/7khela1.htm

Dadar peter pech gelona, koyla duile moyla jayna!!! Shalara Jodu, Modu ar Modonre valthi borthi taka diya kine ar amader belay nak sitkano. Mash will prove them what he is !!

bdchamp20
February 6, 2009, 06:01 PM
hmm according to Ananda Bazar news paper Ganguli didn't want to have Mash with such price, to his thought Mash doesn't deserve 600,000$, it was Sharukh who wanted Mash by any means, here is the link:
http://www.anandabazar.com/7khela1.htm

Dadar peter pech gelona, koyla duile moyla jayna!!! Shalara Jodu, Modu ar Modonre valthi borthi taka diya kine ar amader belay nak sitkano. Mash will prove them what he is !!
Who cares? If Ganguly messes with SRK he will be sacked and his cricket career will be over. What did he personally do last season?

bdchamp20
February 6, 2009, 06:05 PM
Unbelievable...Well.. hope he will perform... see ICL players.. what u losing... I want Sn to open his eyes now!!!!
Firstly none of the ICL players would get signed anyway.

And if they hadn't left Modi wouldn't be under pressure to tell clubs to buy Bangladeshis. So this has benefited us and if they return we will have a team full of professional athletes who don't have to worry about financial security and can play cricket with full passion.

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2009, 07:40 PM
lolz.. THats funny!!

He earns over 80K per month. Plus sponsors money, match fees..

Yeah, around 200K per month.

Murad
February 6, 2009, 07:46 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/issues/2009-02-07/nilam.jpg
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2009/02/07/2009-02-07__sp01.jpg

imahmud
February 6, 2009, 08:59 PM
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXmi3JShVY

auntu
February 6, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cricinfo is not considering him in the best 11.

Probable XI: 1 Brendon McCullum (wk), 2 Chris Gayle/Brad Hodge, 3 Sourav Ganguly, 4 David Hussey/ Moises Henriques, 5 Cheteshwar Pujara, 6 Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 7 Laxmi Shukla, 8 Murali Kartik, 9 Ishant Sharma, 10 Ashok Dinda, 11 Ajantha Mendis

Source (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/389500.html)

akabir77
February 6, 2009, 09:18 PM

Source (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/389500.html)

cricinfo = CRAP INFO

Dhruvo
February 6, 2009, 09:24 PM

Cricinfo sucks anyways lol , they are a bunch of L-)s.

Anyways very happy for mash but sakib deserved a contract, hopefully he will be selected as a replacement for pak players.

djnaved
February 6, 2009, 09:29 PM

he will be in the best 11

the 4 foreign players will be

mcculam, gayle, mash, and mendis

two good solid hardhitting batsman........duijonei 5 joner cover dite parbe
mash with ishant...............joss dui fast bowler
mendis with murali kartik........jotil dui spinner

i think this will be the first choice formation of kolkata KR

Zeeshan
February 6, 2009, 09:30 PM
i've mentioned it before...n i am mentioning it again.

SERIOUSLY.... Tenku??

tiger_club
February 6, 2009, 09:30 PM
there is a good chance kkr might pick shakib..imagine 2 big bd players in one team..that going to attract huge amount of bd fans n eventually kkr game can be played in bd to promote their club, brand n products..

Firoz
February 6, 2009, 09:40 PM
I was watching the ipl auction live on some indian channel.
Preity zintas punjab 11 and shahrukh khans kkr were going back and forth on the bid on mashrafe. But I saw ashraful was unsold. Nobody bidded on him. Why everybody saying he was picked.

rashed411
February 6, 2009, 09:43 PM
Preity zintas punjab 11 and shahrukh khans kkr were going back and forth on the bid on mashrafe. But I saw ashraful was unsold. Nobody bidded on him. Why everybody saying he was picked.
what are u talkin about? ashraful was sold, for i think around 54 corer rupees.

akabir77
February 6, 2009, 10:34 PM

I guess u missed it. he was sold for 75K dollars

srtor
February 6, 2009, 11:03 PM
Heck, who cares if Tamim doesn't get picked, Mashes 600 000 USD should really pay off the pride that Tamim, Shak, and Ash deserves.

KnightBD
February 6, 2009, 11:03 PM
I guess u missed it. he was sold for 75K dollars
becuz he was not sold in initial bidding. Mumbai opted for him after the auction was over and all teams slots were full.

Naimul_Hd
February 6, 2009, 11:39 PM
can anyone provide the auction video of mash?

watch report on Mash auction and his reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnXmi3JShVY

rashed411
February 6, 2009, 11:50 PM
Korbo lorbo jitbo!

MarufH
February 7, 2009, 01:50 AM
Firstly none of the ICL players would get signed anyway.

And if they hadn't left Modi wouldn't be under pressure to tell clubs to buy Bangladeshis. So this has benefited us and if they return we will have a team full of professional athletes who don't have to worry about financial security and can play cricket with full passion.

Hey you never know... if SN corrected his little shortcoming he could've been next Saeed Anwar...

Now with all the pressure, now I am thinking if it was a really that great for Mash to be sold for that high of a price. If he screw up, which he does under pressure, (Dropping Ponting, Giving massive runs to Zim @ Last over etc.) he will not only close the door for himself, it will be even tougher for other BD players to get in, ever!

On a personal note, if anyone I wanted to be representing BD cricket it would be either Shakib or him... so lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

hoodlum
February 7, 2009, 03:32 AM

thanks a bunch!! :)

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 04:42 AM
what are u talkin about? ashraful was sold, for i think around 54 corer rupees.

Get you math right, buddy

mijanur
February 7, 2009, 05:32 AM
what can ganguly do now??
mr khan has to play mash or it would be a big loss for him

auntu
February 7, 2009, 05:35 AM
cricinfo = CRAP INFO

Cricinfo sucks anyways lol , they are a bunch of L-)s.

Anyways very happy for mash but sakib deserved a contract, hopefully he will be selected as a replacement for pak players.

he will be in the best 11

the 4 foreign players will be

mcculam, gayle, mash, and mendis

two good solid hardhitting batsman........duijonei 5 joner cover dite parbe
mash with ishant...............joss dui fast bowler
mendis with murali kartik........jotil dui spinner

i think this will be the first choice formation of kolkata KR

I know cricinfo is a crap. Mash would be in the best 11 no doubt if Ganguly play no প্যাচ game.

MohammedC
February 7, 2009, 05:46 AM
Cricket's big battle of the pockets soon to run out
By James Lamont in New Delhi

Published: February 7 2009 02:00 | Last updated: February 7 2009 02:00

One of the most intense bidding wars in cricket's Indian Premier League player auction was not for England's Kevin Pietersen or Andrew Flintoff but for a Bangladeshi player with a reserve price of $50,000.

Crouched over mobile telephones and laptops, the business managers of the Kolkata Knight Riders and the Punjab Kings traded bids to capture Mashrafe Mortaza, Bangladesh's pace bowler.

Read Full (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8d065c68-f4ba-11dd-8e76-0000779fd2ac.html?nclick_check=1)

karimjay.
February 7, 2009, 06:34 AM
still not over how sakib could not have been caught up in this crazy spending spree.

crikfreak
February 7, 2009, 07:31 AM
right now... I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD!!! :-D:-Di feel gr8..... i'm sooooooo happy for mash.... he deserved it...

congratz mash... i hope he shows his true class and ability in the IPL.. hopefully he'll get quite a few matches.... although cricinfo doesn't seem to think so.. lyk they know wats gonna happen....

it was an awesome bid... punjab n kolkata both were pretty determined to get him...

its in tymes lyk these when i feel proud 2 be a die-hard mashrafe fan.. he ain't my fav cricketer 4 nothin..

wanted to post as soon as it got over.. unfortunately i cudn't.. was in skool... cudn't eeven watch the auction.... even tho they were showin it...bt i kept checkin cricinfo... n after i saw the results... i just screamed... completely 4gettin tht i was in skool... it was kinda embarrasin.. esp since ppl were were starin.. n i was alone... bt its okay... it was totally worth it...

any way.. any idea where i can see the auction??

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 08:02 AM
still not over how sakib could not have been caught up in this crazy spending spree.

He will in 1/2 years will take the place of Flintoff, if he continues like now. No worries

rashed411
February 7, 2009, 09:39 AM
Get you math right, buddy

whats wrong with my math?

nycpro96
February 7, 2009, 11:11 AM
right now... I'M THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD!!! :-D:-Di feel gr8..... i'm sooooooo happy for mash.... he deserved it...

congratz mash... i hope he shows his true class and ability in the IPL.. hopefully he'll get quite a few matches.... although cricinfo doesn't seem to think so.. lyk they know wats gonna happen....

it was an awesome bid... punjab n kolkata both were pretty determined to get him...

its in tymes lyk these when i feel proud 2 be a die-hard mashrafe fan.. he ain't my fav cricketer 4 nothin..

wanted to post as soon as it got over.. unfortunately i cudn't.. was in skool... cudn't eeven watch the auction.... even tho they were showin it...bt i kept checkin cricinfo... n after i saw the results... i just screamed... completely 4gettin tht i was in skool... it was kinda embarrasin.. esp since ppl were were starin.. n i was alone... bt its okay... it was totally worth it...

right on crikfreak bhai:):)

akabir77
February 7, 2009, 11:37 AM

youtube has one do a search with ipl auction...

Nadim
February 7, 2009, 01:27 PM
Battle of Bollywood
http://i41.tinypic.com/11jqf0y.jpg
The phrase 'when the going gets tough he gets going' perhaps fits more appropriately for Mashrafe Bin Mortaza. A cricketer with both his knees operated on and has been fighting against freakish injury ever since his Bangladesh debut in 2001 added another daring chapter in his never-say-die career on Friday. He entered the auction of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a minimum floor price of 50,000 dollars and made a triumphant return with a mind-boggling cheque of 600,000 dollars.

Not only that it was perhaps for the first time a Bangladeshi player hogged the spotlight in the Indian media that have been unwittingly indifferent and to some extent bitter regarding cricket across the border.

The Telegraph certainly provided the biggest coverage of Mashrafe with a banner headline: 'Ladies fight for Bangla boy', referring to the tug-of-war between Bollywood superstars Juhi Chawla and Preity Zinta.

Its reporter Samyabrata Ray Goswami wrote:

"Two Bollywood beauties fought over a baby-faced boy next door at the Indian Premier League auction today [Friday], with Juhi Chawla finally bagging Bangladesh pacer Mashrafe Mortaza for the Kolkata Knight Riders.

"Juhi and Kings XI Punjab franchisee Preity Zinta -- leading ladies in many a film opposite the Knights' co-owner Shah Rukh Khan -- went for the unassuming Mortaza as if Kal Ho Naa Ho, with 83 bids needed to settle the issue."

Telegraph also gave a vivid description of the bid for the 'Narail Express'.

"An electric half-hour had passed by then and the 25-year-old's price had shot to $600,000 from the listed base of $50,000. It was the longest bidding in IPL history, and the 12-fold improvement on the base price the steepest ever.

"The beginning, however, had as much action as a dot ball.

Knight Riders sources had hinted that Mortaza was on their wish list apart from South African batsman JP Duminy and Australian quick Shaun Tait. Yet when auctioneer Richard Medley announced the Bangladeshi's name, the ladies, in true Bollywood heroine fashion, feigned initial indifference."

The newspaper also quoted a source regarding how the event transpired.

"There was utter silence; no one raised (the electric sabre used for bidding). Then, just before the hammer went down, KKR made a bid. Till then, it had seemed like Mortaza might go unsold.

"Preity's Kings XI immediately joined the fray. The bids went up by $5,000. When KKR touched $400,000 (on the 71st bid), Medley asked Preity if she was game for $410,000. She was quiet for a while and then nodded.

"The bids rose by $10,000 till the Knights touched $500,000 on the 81st. The next bid, from Kings XI, was for $550,000.

"(Then) KKR hit the match-winning sixer: a $50,000 jump over Punjab's last offer.

“The whole thing was very dramatic -- there was pin-drop silence in the room and Medley made it even more frenzied by quickening the pace of bidding. It was like speed chess."

The Navhind times in Goa termed bidding for Mortaza like a 'war' between Knight Riders and the Punjab Kings.

"The bidding for Mortaza intensified and literally it seemed as if Ness Wadia's Kings XI Punjab and Juhi Chawla's Kolkata Knight Riders, were at wars when they raised the mark to astronomical sums."

The Herald in Goa went a step further managing a quote form Kings XI stakeholder Preity Zinta.

"Mortaza is a great player, an all-rounder and we wanted him. But you win some, you lose some," the Bollywood star was quoted by the newspaper.

The Indian Express explained how important Mashrafe was for Knight Riders with a quote from its coach Australian John Buchanan.

"Shah Rukh was on the phone from Mumbai and his words were clear, 'Don't let Preity buy him',” the paper said quoting Buchanan. Ananda Vasu of Hindustan Times credited the auction for Mashrafe's fortune.

"For Mashrafe Mortaza, with all due respect to him, would never command a $ 600,000-price tag if it wasn't for these "auction forces."

He also wrote in his article: "If last year's auction was like prima donnas buying anything and everything they fancied at a designer store in a mega mall, this year's affair was more like prudent housewives looking for a bargain at the local market."

Ayaz Memon, India's leading columnist, in an interview with CNBC-TV18 explained why Mashrafe was so important for Knight Riders.

"If you ask me, Mashrafe Mortaza is a better player than Ashraful. Ashraful promised a lot, he is a youngster still, he is a fine strokemaker so he might make his mark in the IPL but Mashrafe Mortaza is a big hitter of the ball, a big-hearted fast bowler and look he is replacing Shoaib Akhtar who did really virtually nothing in the previous season.

"So I think Shah Rukh Khan has decided to trade one fast bowler for somebody who can at least bat a bit and will play all the matches."

Zeeshan
February 7, 2009, 01:51 PM

that was a gem of a video...plz have more coming :)

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 05:37 PM

Thanks

Naimul_Hd
February 7, 2009, 10:07 PM
Shah Rukh Khan's statement after purchasing Mashrafe follow below !

Of their sole ‘purchase’ Mashrafe Mortaza, Khan says, ‘‘KKR were eyeing Duminy but when we saw Nita Ambani wanted him, we decided to let go. We lost Umar Gul and needed an all-rounder to replace him, so we decided on Mortaza.’’

How big a setback is Shoaib Akhtar’s exit? ‘‘Umar Gul was a bigger setback. I hear Shoaib’s going in for knee surgery so we wouldn’t have got him in the best of health. I wish he were fitter last year too,’’ says Khan.

The Knight Riders sold the maximum merchandise last year. Will we see a repeat this season? ‘‘I have plans but we may not have the budget to go all out this year. Depends on the sponsors we get. We earned 4 crore last year. Frankly, as investors, we were all prepared to lose money in the first two years.’’

Khan is sentimental about his team and his state. ‘‘Wish I could make Eden Gardens the world’s greatest stadium. In spirit and heart, I feel the whole of Kolkata and Bangladesh belongs to us.

"I think we have the best cricketing state in the country. Also a great mix of players which includes New Zealand, South Africa, Australia and now Bangladesh as well.’’

Source: http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/We_let_Duminy_go_because_of_Nita_SRK/articleshow/4093766.cms

Murad
February 7, 2009, 10:35 PM
Mash in IndiaFM article.. :lol:
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2009/02/07/12518/index.html
Shah Rukh Khan may not have been present at the auctions but his partner Juhi Chawla was very much there along with hubby Jai Mehta. SRK's team Kolkata Knight Riders' only major purchase of the day was Bangladeshi player Mashrafe Mortaza.

Damn.. his name is being mentioned in each and every indian sites..Pola onek popular hoye geche.. Everyone willl be looking forward to see him in the games.

djnaved
February 7, 2009, 11:07 PM
Mash in IndiaFM article.. :lol:
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2009/02/07/12518/index.html

Damn.. his name is being mentioned in each and every indian sites..Pola onek popular hoye geche.. Everyone willl be looking forward to see him in the games.

thanks a lot to shahrukh khan...bangladesher prestige baraia diche...now it's time for mash to show what he is capable of:-D

RazabQ
February 9, 2009, 06:40 PM
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8d065c68-f4ba-11dd-8e76-0000779fd2ac,Authorised=true.html?nclick_check=1

FT story w/o registration

RazabQ
February 11, 2009, 12:08 AM
someone please tell CI how to count. Their video blurb on IPL's top 5 players this year has Ravi Bopara @ #5 @ 450K. By my counting that's < 600K isn't it?

https://video.cricinfo.tv/video_player.aspx?channelId=CHCricInfo

al Furqaan
February 11, 2009, 12:17 AM
mash will prolly bring sex appeal...can't put a price on that.

scoilaheez
February 12, 2009, 02:27 AM
Apparently, Preity Zinta values that appeal at $550,000... why else would Punjab go heavily after him?!

CholCholBD
February 12, 2009, 04:29 AM

Married men have more sex appeal in general.

and no im not married.

BANFAN
February 12, 2009, 07:28 AM
"Obviously I am delighted because I feel this is a result of all hard work I have put in over the years and a reward for being consistent this season," an elated Mortaza said.

Truely the result of all hard work & right person at the right time.

Full Story (http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?sectionName=RSSFeed-Cricket&id=47d2b1bb-cede-4a4f-a632-5258f423a8f9&&IsCricket=true&Headline=Mortaza+credits+IPL+riches+to+consistent+ form)

Ashfaq
February 12, 2009, 10:30 AM
someone please tell CI how to count. Their video blurb on IPL's top 5 players this year has Ravi Bopara @ #5 @ 450K. By my counting that's < 600K isn't it?

https://video.cricinfo.tv/video_player.aspx?channelId=CHCricInfo

You forgot one thing. He's a Briton. Hence He's better than everybody and has the right to scoff at everything.

Can't put a price on that either....:sick:

nycpro96
February 14, 2009, 01:56 PM
Apparently, Preity Zinta values that appeal at $550,000... why else would Punjab go heavily after him?!

:D:D

BANFAN
February 15, 2009, 10:12 AM

You think Mash's cricketing ability isn't worth that money, in comparison to others?

cricket_pagol
February 15, 2009, 10:23 AM

From a marketing point of view, mashrafee bring the bangladesh base to the knight riders... now, isn't that a big coup by shah rukh khan!!!

desirocker
February 23, 2009, 04:27 PM
yooooooooo, ma man gonna have fun with bolly chicks

cricman
February 23, 2009, 06:08 PM
"Mortaza is a very good cricketer," said Ganguly, defending the Bangladesh player. "Unfortunately for him, he plays for a team which hardly wins.

Ajfar
February 23, 2009, 10:56 PM
yooooooooo, ma man gonna have fun with bolly chicks

maybe he'll take over in billo barber 2