PDA

View Full Version : Will we see a better Ashraful following the IPL debacle?

DJ Sahastra
February 6, 2009, 11:19 AM
It would've been unthinkable for Ashraful that his colleague Mashrafe bags $600k while nobody even wanted to bid on this most promising superstar of the yesteryears. Sometimes, such snubs can really shake a sportsman out of his slumber and motivate him to perform better.

Do you think we'll see a different Ashraful in next few months?

inspyr9
February 6, 2009, 11:21 AM
I certainly hope so but i doubt it will happen.

pagol-chagol
February 6, 2009, 11:25 AM
I don't think Ash is jealous about Mash. He might be thinking about that ICL contract he passed on.

I think, for his national team career, this is a great situation. He'll carry water for the great players and learn from them. If this doesn't beat up his ego, nothing will. We will find out a lot about Ashraful, may be all we will need to know, within a year.

DJ Sahastra
February 6, 2009, 11:26 AM
Something truncated the first option. Should've read "Yes, there is a big chance we will see a better Ashraful".

Oh well, i guess i am poor at these things!

sharjilh
February 6, 2009, 11:33 AM
CMON ASHRAFUL! you HAVE to perform now! :)

mali007
February 6, 2009, 11:41 AM
Ash. " jaatey maatal taaley theek " ------ will perform well in ipl!

sadi
February 6, 2009, 11:43 AM
Probably not.

Rabz
February 6, 2009, 11:52 AM
Will he? well, thats left to be seen, given that he gets a chance to be in the playin XI.

But if I was Ash, i would really take this great opportunity to learn the most of from the experience, esp getting the chance to be in the same room as maestro Tendulkar.

If i were Ash, i'd know this is probably my only chance where i get to have a real one-on-one conversation with the Living Legend and try to see how his mind works, taking notes of what he says and apply that later in the national team.

If i were Ash, i'd play with this "paultry" amount and show them what a good bargain i was. I'd let all these other teams go frentic for me next year the way they went for my team mate Mash.

But then again, I'm not Ash.

Nadim
February 6, 2009, 11:57 AM
i think yessssssssssssssssss

pagol-chagol
February 6, 2009, 12:44 PM
Ash. " jaatey maatal taaley theek " ------ will perform well in ipl!

I thought he was - jaatey theek, taaley maatal.

Spitfire_x86
February 6, 2009, 12:55 PM
Who will sit for him? Jayasuria, Duminy or Bravo? He may get a match or two, or no match at all.

mijanur
February 6, 2009, 12:58 PM
Who will sit for him? Jayasuria, Duminy or Bravo? He may get a match or two, or no match at all.

barvo willl... bravo is a overrated peice of sh*

cricman
February 6, 2009, 01:03 PM
He better be Happy He'll be Carrying Drinks for Sachin and Sanath, He needs to take notes. Hopefully one of them take him under there wing.

Nadim
February 6, 2009, 01:03 PM
i hope he will learn something from Tendulkar and Jaysuria.ash plz learn.......

Spitfire_x86
February 6, 2009, 01:04 PM
Bravo is a far better bowler than him. And they could play Jayasuria/Duminy as batsman, and 2 from Malinga/Fernando/Mills.

Jayasuria/Duminy/Mills is a certainty in the playing XI for all matches. He's competing with Bravo/Malinga/Fernando, and I see Bravo being the first choice as he's the most versatile player.

Beamer
February 6, 2009, 01:22 PM
In 20/20's, Ashraful can be a difference maker, and I emphasize 'can be', as without a doubt he is capable of changing a game in matter of two overs. He is a steal for Mumbai. As for answering your question whether will we see a better Ashraful following what you call a 'debacle'? Well, to be better in this format of the game, one has to score quickly, improvise, and get runs from balls that one would rather leave alone in any other format - all things he does with impunity. So, I think he will do what he does well, which is a demand in this format, and he won't have to be the main option in this team. I don't think money that Mash got won't be an issue here. He got picked, wasn't snubbed, and to tell you the truth, Mash was overpaid, though I am not complaining one bit.

I think Ash will have a great impact. He is in a poistion to add quick runs coming down the order. I see him flourishing.

cricket_dorshok
February 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
No way. He is a bolod!

Anher
February 6, 2009, 01:59 PM
ash will be explosive for IPL 20/20. Mumbai just give him a damn game. he will make jaya cry. As i said earlier ash is just an atom bomb with such a low price for 20/20 game.

Nadim
February 6, 2009, 02:01 PM

Yes! Duminy won't available for all the match.....he will only available for few weeks......a good chance for ash.........

gunda
February 6, 2009, 02:07 PM
This is Ashraful's type of cricket "Wham..Bham..Thankyou Maam" so yeah.

Ajfar
February 6, 2009, 02:17 PM
i'm sure he'll get some chances earlier on in the tournament..but if he wants play hes gotta perform..in T20 15 ball is 30 is good batting..so he should have no problem with it..but then again its ashraful we r talking about

One World
February 6, 2009, 02:28 PM
I voted for Yes, unless the umpires are not as harsh to him as they are in Intl. matches.

Russell2k7
February 6, 2009, 02:30 PM
F*k no. We havnt seen a new ashraful in decades. It has been always the same Ashrafool.

Fazal
February 6, 2009, 04:46 PM
Usually Village Idiots have thick skin.

So I don't see future change.

MarufH
February 6, 2009, 05:58 PM
Nahhh... its Ashrafool...

sbsash
February 6, 2009, 06:01 PM
I think he will perform a little better.

shojeebalm
February 6, 2009, 07:14 PM
He won't be chosen very often but when he does the best he can hope for is a quick 20-30 runs off 15-20 balls and that will be probably his best innings

I would love to be proven wrong by Ashraful and he makes a fifty but I don't see it happening with the way he plays

akabir77
February 6, 2009, 09:30 PM
MARK MY WORDS

Yes HE Can

Dhruvo
February 6, 2009, 09:47 PM
Nope, ashraful will always be ashraful.Nothing can change his mindset nothing!

karimjay.
February 6, 2009, 10:01 PM
it really depends on how much ashraful plays.

if he plays enough, and gets away from the bowlers - scoring sixties or seventies regularly, then the praise given by the likes of sachin and sanath will change him.

Tehsin
February 7, 2009, 12:49 AM
:). You are right. Ash is just an atom bomb. It only went off for real once in our lifetime (thank god) and Ash probably did a couple more times then that.

The best thing he can do is to prove to folks like me that he can have a consistent ODI/TEST year. As Beamer pointed out, this 20/20 is suited fo his format. It'll be a failure (which he is very familiar with) if he doesn't put up one or two great performances. Let's hope he gets a few chances.

Going by the recent 20/20 league, Ash have an average season. Only problem is, the quality of opposition is much tougher. Sakib would have been a better choice.

ash will be explosive for IPL 20/20. Mumbai just give him a damn game. he will make jaya cry. As i said earlier ash is just an atom bomb with such a low price for 20/20 game.

Anher
February 7, 2009, 01:40 AM
:). You are right. Ash is just an atom bomb. It only went off for real once in our lifetime (thank god) and Ash probably did a couple more times then that.

The best thing he can do is to prove to folks like me that he can have a consistent ODI/TEST year. As Beamer pointed out, this 20/20 is suited fo his format. It'll be a failure (which he is very familiar with) if he doesn't put up one or two great performances. Let's hope he gets a few chances.

Going by the recent 20/20 league, Ash have an average season. Only problem is, the quality of opposition is much tougher. Sakib would have been a better choice.

At this stage i think
I know ash as you and most bd supoorters do.
I simply dont give up on ash as you(i guess) and most bd [বাংলা]আমজনতা[/বাংলা] dont.

But this time i have found a new way to keep my hope as yours (consistent ODI/Test performance) alive. He is going to learn something much needed for his batting consistancy from his favourate player little master. and jaya is there too. As ash and coaches always mention he does very very well on net but something alaways go wrong in real matches. who knows it might be fixed. At net when he will thrush all mumbai bowlers he might get chance in first few matches.

lets cross our finger.

Tehsin
February 7, 2009, 02:45 AM
Never give up your hopes and dreams.

I gave up on Ash's maturity some time ago and still waiing to be proven wrong by him on a consistent (avg of 40, which is very reasonable) basis.

At this stage i think
I know ash as you and most bd supoorters do.
I simply dont give up on ash as you(i guess) and most bd [বাংলা]আমজনতা[/বাংলা] dont.

But this time i have found a new way to keep my hope as yours (consistent ODI/Test performance) alive. He is going to learn something much needed for his batting consistancy from his favourate player little master. and jaya is there too. As ash and coaches always mention he does very very well on net but something alaways go wrong in real matches. who knows it might be fixed. At net when he will thrush all mumbai bowlers he might get chance in first few matches.

lets cross our finger.

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 03:05 AM
JMTT ! :)

He will do well I guess. Sachin, Jaya aren't in good form recently. I hope he will get a chance after 2/3 matches. I don't want to see him playing too early.

Peace
February 7, 2009, 05:13 AM
I think 20/20 is a "hit or miss" game. If Ash does get opportunity to play, he has to perform under pressure and may be in a cameo role. We all know how well Ash can perform under pressure. So chances are to see him shining in IPL is low. But I am happy that he is sold and will have opportunity to learn the skills to perform under pressure from top class players in training sessions. And also he deserves to be compensated for rejecting ICL.

nycpro96
February 7, 2009, 11:12 AM
i think if ash gets opportunities he can convert them into successes

zainab
February 8, 2009, 06:40 AM
I feel very bad for Ash when so many fans here bash him around all the time.
He might get a chance to play a few games, all depends if MI advance in the later stages. Dwayne Bravo will leave to return to England in early May for the series against England, so Ash has a chance. He has been trying to establish himself as an all rounder., I think you fans here dont realize that he is one of the best fielders in the BD side.I am sure he will emerge as a better player and person after practicing and interacting alongside some of the best cricketers in the world. i dont think that he is bothered about money, he is earning more than enough to have a comfortable life in BD, also he supports his family, always thinking about them.

Ashfaq
February 8, 2009, 08:56 AM
I feel very bad for Ash when so many fans here bash him around all the time.
He might get a chance to play a few games, all depends if MI advance in the later stages. Dwayne Bravo will leave to return to England in early May for the series against England, so Ash has a chance. He has been trying to establish himself as an all rounder., I think you fans here dont realize that he is one of the best fielders in the BD side.I am sure he will emerge as a better player and person after practicing and interacting alongside some of the best cricketers in the world. i dont think that he is bothered about money, he is earning more than enough to have a comfortable life in BD, also he supports his family, always thinking about them.

Zainab, I think you should know that we bash ash simply to vent our frustration at him. If he proves all of us wrong, we'll be ecstatic. It's what they called love gone sour. When I was 13, I saw a 16 year old bash the hell out of Murali and since that day, that boy always had a place in my heart. But through his foolish acts, he has hurt his fans so badly that now we're afraid to hope. That's where this heat is coming from. I don't know about Fazal but I think most of us would be truly happy for him if he performs.

And yes, Ash has the record for most catches in test matches by non- wicketkeeper bangladeshi player. We know.

zainab
February 8, 2009, 04:08 PM
Zainab, I think you should know that we bash ash simply to vent our frustration at him. If he proves all of us wrong, we'll be ecstatic. It's what they called love gone sour. When I was 13, I saw a 16 year old bash the hell out of Murali and since that day, that boy always had a place in my heart. But through his foolish acts, he has hurt his fans so badly that now we're afraid to hope. That's where this heat is coming from. I don't know about Fazal but I think most of us would be truly happy for him if he performs.

And yes, Ash has the record for most catches in test matches by non- wicketkeeper bangladeshi player. We know.

I also witnessed a precocious young 16 yr old bashing Murali and Vass around, becoming the youngest player to score a maiden test century, and I fell in love with him, dont think that he has not disappointed me too, I feel like whacking him when he does foolish things, he has the ability to be one of the best in the world, but something clicks in his brains and he forgets that Allah gave him a precious gift and he throws it away. I still support him and am hoping that as he is still young, he will shine again, remember Dilshan is now shining and he is 31 yrs old. Ash still has time . on his side.
i feel that after this IPL stint, he will be a better player for the 20/20 games in England, Also Mash, but my favourite player Sakib has missed out.

Anyhow, let us pray that he progresses with time and Allah smiles on him.