PDA

View Full Version : Panjab with Lee,VRV Singh, Irfan, Sreesanth went nuts for Mash? Why?

pagol-chagol
February 6, 2009, 05:32 PM
They already have 3 front line Indian pacers. + Brett Lee.

Why did they drive the price up?

We know Yuvraj loves him. Is that because Sangarkara+Jayvardana, two of Panjab's middle order, recently saw Mash's dominance?

Their international batsmen collection + Indian pacers collection are too dominant for Mash to be in the first XI. Mash is lucky Punjab couldn't take him.

Zeeshan
February 6, 2009, 05:34 PM
I think from now on before someone opens a thread, he has to donate to BC via Paypal. :P

pagol-chagol
February 6, 2009, 05:46 PM
I think from now on before someone opens a thread, he has to donate to BC via Paypal. :P

I thought a forum is a place where people should present their questions/thoughts to see what others are thinking about those topics. Do you have any thoughts regarding the subject of this thread?

bdchamp20
February 6, 2009, 05:54 PM
Lee injured and will miss the later parts of the tournament due to International schedule. Sreesanth I believe is also injured. Irfan is not good enough to be a premier pacer, he is more of a #7 batsman who can be a third pacer. VRV who?

And anyway they only have one foreign pacer and that is Lee. Who might be unavailable for majority of the tournament thats why I believe they were desperate for Mashrafe.

Shaan
February 6, 2009, 05:55 PM
hmm according to Ananda Bazar news paper Ganguli didn't want to have Mash with such price, to his thought Mash doesn't deserve 600,000$, it was Sharukh who wanted Mash by any means, here is the link:
http://www.anandabazar.com/7khela1.htm

Dadar peter pech gelona, koyla duile moyla jayna!!! Shalara Jodu, Modu ar Modonre valthi borthi taka diya kine ar amader belay nak sitkano. Mash will prove them what he is !!

al Furqaan
February 6, 2009, 05:59 PM
an indian friend of mine told me it was simply strategy on punjab's part. they didn't want mash, but kept bidding cuz they knew KKR would pay any amount to rope in masri, it worked.

the only other reason is that preity zinta has a big crush on mash...(inference from her statement to reporters).

bdchamp20
February 6, 2009, 06:03 PM
I think it was Yuvraj who personally wanted Mash at Panjab. They are good friends. In the NTV interview Mash said he wouldn't mind going to either club as he is a fan of SRK and good friends with Yuvraj.

pagol-chagol
February 6, 2009, 06:28 PM
hmm according to Ananda Bazar news paper Ganguli didn't want to have Mash with such price, to his thought Mash doesn't deserve 600,000$, it was Sharukh who wanted Mash by any means, here is the link:

Dadar peter pech gelona, koyla duile moyla jayna!!! Shalara Jodu, Modu ar Modonre valthi borthi taka diya kine ar amader belay nak sitkano. Mash will prove them what he is !!

Thanks for the link. Subtle racism. Not a least bit excited that they got a class bowler. Ganguli should come out and say that he wanted Mash badly, just to keep the team spirit high, even if he didn't want to spend so much money.

Indian media in shell shock for a Bangladeshi's success.

beshideshi
February 6, 2009, 06:40 PM
i know this is off topic, but any news about shakib's reactions???? i hope this doesnt create a superstar,in the 'star free' bangladesh team.

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2009, 07:43 PM
Lee,VRV Singh, Irfan, Sreesanth who?

Zeeshan
February 6, 2009, 07:46 PM
Lee,VRV Singh, Irfan, Sreesanth who?

Asif bhaya.... amar thread-e aisha ektu payer dhula diye jaan na piliz.... :onethephone:

Purbasha T
February 6, 2009, 07:55 PM
this website got a funny pic of preity, mash and juhi

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090207/jsp/frontpage/story_10499431.jsp

lool!!

akabir77
February 6, 2009, 09:17 PM
Lee injured and will miss the later parts of the tournament due to International schedule. Sreesanth I believe is also injured. Irfan is not good enough to be a premier pacer, he is more of a #7 batsman who can be a third pacer. VRV who?

And anyway they only have one foreign pacer and that is Lee. Who might be unavailable for majority of the tournament thats why I believe they were desperate for Mashrafe.

u got it right... and i think sresnath has very little International game experience and no match to Mash... and so is Iran (right now)

Dhruvo
February 6, 2009, 09:36 PM
I personally saw a tremendous influx of 12-13 year old newbies. Whereas some insecure mentality see this as a threat, as it may hamper the "quality" of the forum, I personally welcome this sort of diverse inputs. Yes, their initial posts may not be that enlightening but some people sitting on their ivory tower forget that couple of years ago, they were exactly in the same spot.

Excuse me ?

Well I admit, I was very "immature" in my early days at BC, but back then I was 11, I'm 13 now :) and it was by posting and opening threads I knew that here in BC its not quantity but quality.Believe it or not I averaged 41 posts per-day ! posted 100's of one lined quality less posts , went to BD for 4 months and my average went down to 20, kept decreasing as I didn't post for quiet some time,but then started posting again when I thought I was ready, it was then when I started posting with quality lol. But I do agree with you that there are some members around my age that don't quite put quality before quantity (not mentioning any names) but I am sure they will fix themselves up with time, just like I did :-D

anyways back to the real topic, yes it is a relief that Punjab didn't buy him, Calcutta will definitely play him 'cause they didn't pay 600k for nothing.

karimjay.
February 6, 2009, 09:54 PM
predictable ganguly, not giving credit to someone who's a new face in his team.

i really do not like that man.

Dhruvo
February 6, 2009, 09:57 PM
predictable ganguly, not giving credit to someone who's a new face in his team.

i really do not like that man.
Yeah, he's ei bhalo ei kharap kind of a guy....

karimjay.
February 6, 2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, he's ei bhalo ei kharap kind of a guy....

he's arrogant. thats attractive on people who can back up their personality, but ganguly is just lame.

i bet he'll sooner bowl himself than mash.

Zeeshan
February 6, 2009, 10:06 PM
Excuse me ?

Well I admit, I was very "immature" in my early days at BC, but back then I was 11, I'm 13 now :) and it was by posting and opening threads I knew that here in BC its not quantity but quality.Believe it or not I averaged 41 posts per-day ! posted 100's of one lined quality less posts , went to BD for 4 months and my average went down to 20, kept decreasing as I didn't post for quiet some time,but then started posting again when I thought I was ready, it was then when I started posting with quality lol. But I do agree with you that there are some members around my age that don't quite put quality before quantity (not mentioning any names) but I am sure they will fix themselves up with time, just like I did :-D

anyways back to the real topic, yes it is a relief that Punjab didn't buy him, Calcutta will definitely play him 'cause they didn't pay 600k for nothing.

jeeezus christ it's an internet forum for God's sakes....not auditioning for a supporting actor role in a DeNiro movie...

no hate. :)

aniksh1
February 6, 2009, 10:08 PM
Well....we all have to admit Mash was somewhat more expensive than expected.

akabir77
February 6, 2009, 10:32 PM
I have letter from ganguli that i will make public in time and he will be sacked again...

Dhruvo
February 6, 2009, 11:47 PM
jeeezus christ it's an internet forum for God's sakes....not auditioning for a supporting actor role in a DeNiro movie...

no hate. :)
Rofl, yes I know, but a forum still has real people posting in it, and I always want to stay on people's good sides, be it on the internet or real life.

Zeeshan
February 6, 2009, 11:57 PM
at least you are more matured at 13 than i was ;-)

desirocker
February 7, 2009, 12:07 AM
I have letter from ganguli that i will make public in time and he will be sacked again...

Please Do it.

desirocker
February 7, 2009, 12:12 AM
[..edit..] indians

MarufH
February 7, 2009, 01:36 AM
... indians

This is really messed up. Here we have Mash saying Kolkata is neighbor and cared about BD cricket and he was honored to play alongside Dada.. and they are already screwing with his head...

Man... this is total BS......freaken (some) indians cant see a BD player earn $600,000.... and they are perfectly fine to give that or more money away to british or even some amateur white (excuse my racial comment, but it's true) player.

Rabz
February 7, 2009, 01:57 AM
Guys, give Gangu a break..
First of all, he retired, secondly, he was under tremendous pressure last yr to give up his captaincy to ponting at some point, his team wasnt really doing that good.

Now, morar upor kharar gha.

Some other "Bangali" is about to gate crash his party! His undisputed king of bengal title is on the line. With such price tag, Mash is certainly going to steal the limelight from gangu and this is worrying him to death. For whatever is left for this old hag, he wants to hold on to it tight.

Come this April, Mash would be the biggest superstar of Kolkata.

senman
February 7, 2009, 02:05 AM
This is really messed up. Here we have Mash saying Kolkata is neighbor and cared about BD cricket and he was honored to play alongside Dada.. and they are already screwing with his head...

Man... this is total BS......freaken (some) indians cant see a BD player earn $600,000.... and they are perfectly fine to give that or more money away to british or even some amateur white (excuse my racial comment, but it's true) player.

Buddy tone down please. Ganguly = a Indian but he doesn't represent whole of India, If you are abusing whole of India then you are also abusing Sharuk who paid for Mortaza.

Besides I doubt Ganguly will say such a thing!! the above is the only link this news is available, is there any other good link ? I doubt the source not Ganguly, you will hear from him soon.

Dont call us Racists because we are not.The money paid to England players are worth it because of the potential market in England so as the money paid for Mortaza is worth it because he represents lot of Bangladeshis.

karimjay.
February 7, 2009, 02:41 AM
why is everyone saying 'shahrukh, shahrukh'.

unless i have read wrong, it was chawla that was desperate to purchase our fast bowler. shahrukh wasn't even present at the auction.

RazabQ
February 7, 2009, 02:51 AM
Karim, Sharukh owns KKR

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 03:13 AM

unless i have read wrong, it was chawla that was desperate to purchase our fast bowler. shahrukh wasn't even present at the auction.

KKR is a franchise of "Red Chillis Entertainment" company.
SRK & Juhi both are shareholders of that company. So It's not only Shahrukh, Juhi is also a co-owner of KKR.

Nadim
February 7, 2009, 03:25 AM
whats wrong with pagol-chagol these days.another useless thread...

hoodlum
February 7, 2009, 04:20 AM

Sources say that it was Shahrukh on the phone during the biddin for Mash and he desperately wanted him at any cost.

karimjay.
February 7, 2009, 06:28 AM
Karim, Sharukh owns KKR
i never said he didnt own it.

karimjay.
February 7, 2009, 06:29 AM
Sources say that it was Shahrukh on the phone during the biddin for Mash and he desperately wanted him at any cost.

i'm sorry but how would sources know what shahrukh was saying on the phone.

what was seen was that juhi was there making the bids and challenging preity.

shabbir
February 7, 2009, 06:55 AM
Punjab home turf mohali always favouring pace bowling.B Lee ,Sreeshant injury also Mash is much more economical than Irfan and VRV singh made him attractive pick for Punjab eleven.

crikfreak
February 7, 2009, 10:02 AM
ina way its good tht mash dint get into punjab.. it might've been hard for him to get into the main XI there...

senman
February 7, 2009, 10:11 AM

Yes you are right, I think Sharuk was easier then to say Sharuk and Juhi or even Juhi would be better :) . All decisions will be taken only after discussion between all the share holders, so you are right.

mijanur
February 7, 2009, 10:14 AM
i no y yuvraj wanted him the ans is he want som 1 like him 2 hit 6 6s

nycpro96
February 7, 2009, 11:06 AM
ya. yuvraj said he wanted him bad but nice to see him in kolkata

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 04:11 PM

There is a news report, that the coach of KKR (Buchanan) said to media that, Shahruk said, don't allow Preity to take Mash at any cost. When they say sources, they just try to keep the person annonymous. They take a Msg from a source whom they think credible, Not rumours. Indian journalists are not like BD journalists to publish anything.

EDITED: The Indian Express explained how important Mashrafe was for Knight Riders with a quote from its coach Australian John Buchanan. "Shah Rukh was on the phone from Mumbai and his words were clear, 'Don't let Preity buy him',” the paper said quoting Buchanan.

bdchamp20
February 7, 2009, 04:26 PM
There is a news report, that the coach of KKR (Buchanan) said to media that, Shahruk said, don't allow Preity to take Mash at any cost. When they say sources, they just try to keep the person annonymous. They take a Msg from a source whom they think credible, Not rumours. Indian journalists are not like BD journalists to publish anything.
You're wrong. Indian journalists are very careless. Compare our top papers like The Daily Star, New Age and Prothom Alo to their ones like Times of India and The Hindu and you will see our reports are much more professional. Indian papers desperately try to make their opinions seem like facts. And those are their top-selling papers as well.

Agreed there are some papers in BD which publish absolute BS but they are usually the crap ones that no one buys/reads.

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
ina way its good tht mash dint get into punjab.. it might've been hard for him to get into the main XI there...

I guess you are right.

SRK is master of publicity. They got maximum publicity by taking Mash, while teams have spent three times more than him and got much less attention. That's one of the Key factors for their ultimate profitability.

bdchamp20
February 7, 2009, 04:38 PM
I guess you are right.

SRK is master of publicity. They got maximum publicity by taking Mash, while teams have spent three times more than him and got much less attention. That's one of the Key factors for their ultimate profitability.
I heard Kolkata made the most profit last season even though they failed to reach the semis. SRK certainly seems to know what he is doing business-wise.

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 05:17 PM
I heard Kolkata made the most profit last season even though they failed to reach the semis. SRK certainly seems to know what he is doing business-wise.

He definitely will not lose in the money front. He knows the art of publicity & sponsors do line up behind him with huge money. He is on the top of the list in personal earning from advertisements in India. Dhoni comes in number 3.

I think so as well. He defilitely knows & he has a huge money luck behind him. :)