PDA

View Full Version : Mash and Ash less likely to be in starting 11

tan96
February 7, 2009, 02:10 AM
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/389500.html

Probable XI of KKR: 1 Brendon McCullum (wk), 2 Chris Gayle/Brad Hodge, 3 Sourav Ganguly, 4 David Hussey/ Moises Henriques, 5 Cheteshwar Pujara, 6 Wriddhiman Saha (wk), 7 Laxmi Shukla, 8 Murali Kartik, 9 Ishant Sharma, 10 Ashok Dinda, 11 Ajantha Mendis.

Probable XI of Mumbai: 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Sachin Tendulkar, 3 Shikhar Dhawan, 4 & 5 Dwayne Bravo/ Ryan McLaren/ JP Duminy/ Graham Napier, 6 Abhishek Nayar, 7 Yogesh Takawale (wk), 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 Zaheer Khan, 10 Dhawal Kulkarni, 11 Lasith Malinga/ Dilhara Fernando/ Kyle Mills.

I just checked it out on CI.This makes me feel horrible.We have only 2 players who got selected and none of them are likely to be in the starting 11.Now i have the feeling that even if shakib was bought he would have to sit out on the bench.

senman
February 7, 2009, 02:14 AM
Mortaza will be in starting line of KKR, they will not play two spinner so either Murali Kartik or Mendis will miss out.

Mostly I think it will be Mendis. Because his recent form is shocking and because of the 4 foreign players rule he will be missing out. But either way Mash will be forced to perform from his over 1.

karimjay.
February 7, 2009, 02:45 AM
i hope you are right senman.

welcome to bc by the way.

what of ashraful in mumbai? i think he suits the team perfectly.. from the mock eleven it seems as though there are way too many bowlers in the team anyhow. about six people who can bowl.

yaseer
February 7, 2009, 03:17 AM
I agree with Senman....Mendis gonna sit out.
Their new ball attack will be poor otherwise....also MASH adds a bit extra with bat. Again, after all these auction hypes.....sponsors' pressure will be with Mashrafee to play him in the 1st XI.

Nadim
February 7, 2009, 03:27 AM
mash will play......cricinfo is wrong.......MR KHAN must been dumb if he don't play mash and paid hom 600k......

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 03:41 AM
Mash is sure to be in the first 11 without any doubt. He will fill up the Vac of Asif / Shoaib. No buyer is a fool to take a player by 600k for not playing him in first 11. A bench player could have been taken in 50-100k Max.

Regarding Ash I'm not sure. It all depends on the form & fitness of SRT & Jaya. Or they might use him lower down the order 6/7 if they find his bowling can be used for 2/3 overs.

Rabz
February 7, 2009, 04:48 AM
The writer could not get it more wrong.
Mash would be in playing XI, no doubt about it. You dont pay a guy 600K to sit him out.

Ash if sure would make it too.

Jaya-Sachin-Ash-Duminy line up could be devastating to any team.
I'm already drolling....

Purbasha T
February 7, 2009, 04:53 AM
Given the capability Ash and Mash showed, they gotta be given chances early in the tournament. Also, Mash has been brought for quite a chunky sum, that might indicate his place in XI; or also his recent form is better than any of Sharma, Agarkar or other first bowlers, so chances are there. Not sure about Ashraful, but given his knows talent, he should get early chances, and if he does well in first 1 or 2 outings, he's sure to be pulled in for quite a while!

mijanur
February 7, 2009, 05:25 AM
mash will definatly play or it would be a big loss for MR Khan

karimjay.
February 7, 2009, 06:31 AM
mash will definatly play or it would be a big loss for MR Khan
thats the main point being raised for why mash will play.

mijanur
February 7, 2009, 06:35 AM
thats the main point being raised for why mash will play.

lol

karimjay.
February 7, 2009, 06:51 AM
lol
roflcopter brb.

sorry i had to do that.

Ashfaq
February 7, 2009, 07:05 AM
The writer could not get it more wrong.
Mash would be in playing XI, no doubt about it. You dont pay a guy 600K to sit him out.

Ash if sure would make it too.

Jaya-Sachin-Ash-Duminy line up could be devastating to any team.
I'm already drolling....

Yeah, Mash will play, atleast most of the games.

I'm not too concerned about Ash though. I remember once he represented Asia in Afro Asia T20I cup and in two games his total score was a big fat 0(If memory doesn't deceive me.) So, perhaps Ash sitting out the IPL would be less of an emberrasment for us. But it is a great opprtunity for him. Knocking in the nets with the likes of SRT or Jaya should give him a chance to measure himself against the best. If that's not an incentive, nothing is.

MohammedC
February 7, 2009, 07:09 AM
I would be happy if Mash does not get picked for any games. Keep him fresh for Bangladesh's International duty you know what I mean.

To Mash: Just take the money brother.

crikfreak
February 7, 2009, 09:22 AM
it wud be pretty stupid of SRK to go as far as 600K for mash.. n then just let him warm the bench.. he'll be there in the main XI.... for sure... as for ash.. i'm not sure... he's got the capability... n t20 is perfect 4 him... but given his recent form.. who knows what might happen.. he might get 1 or 2 chances...

senman
February 7, 2009, 09:39 AM
Mashrafe Mortaza will play atleast for 4~5 games if he plays well he will be a regular.

For Ashraful I doubt he will play, better make use of SRT and Jayas batting lessons. Someone should say to Ashraful to speak with Sachin about batting and ask for tips (Sachin is known for teaching and passing on experience to youngsters).

If Mumbai_Indians qualify for the later rounds earlier, Ashraful will get a chance but I doubt it, as they are not the strongest team IMO(eventhough they have SRT and Jaya)

Zeeshan
February 7, 2009, 09:52 AM
I doubt his [Ash] ego will get the better of him to be a mere shissyo....^

mijanur
February 7, 2009, 09:56 AM
i hope ash plays all the matchs
hope if ash plays 1 match then 2 score a century and get a place for him in the team

BlindSupporterofBD
February 7, 2009, 10:37 AM
I woun't be very unhappy if mash don't get a chance in first eleven. i want to see him fresh for national team. however, if he plays in the first eleven then he needs to perform well. Because he is better than any other pacer KKR have at the moment.

Ajfar
February 7, 2009, 10:57 AM
why wud anyone wanna pay somebody $600,000 to warm the bench...

nycpro96
February 7, 2009, 11:04 AM
mash will definitely play
ash will probably too

Zeeshan
February 7, 2009, 12:06 PM

lol most sensible post.

BANFAN
February 7, 2009, 03:44 PM
I doubt his [Ash] ego will get the better of him to be a mere shissyo....^

I think those guys are too big for him to not to accept shishshotto. This will give him a whole new learning I guess, to improve his performance. Ego is good if that is directed in the right way. He has no option but to go the right direction or get cicked out.

If he thinks that just get 75k by having a walk in the park, he is finished for ever. He might get 1/2 chances like Razzak got, and he has to convert those into fortune, what Razzaq failed to do.

bdchamp20
February 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
Well duh! Do you expect Ash to be picked ahead of Jayasuriya, Duminy, Bravo, Thornely, Smith, Bosman plus all the Indian batsmen? He will not get a chance in the first few games but he will definetely get a chance later on and if he performs he will stay.

Same with Mash although I think he has a better chance because the only star pacer KKR have is Ishant but he will have to compete for an overseas spot with the superstar batsmen in the Kolkata team but I'm sure he will play 3/4 of the Kolkata matches.

I hope Tendu and Gangu are different from Dravid and be a little more open-minded and have faith in Ash and Mash. But Gangu Dada seems to have already expressed his dislike in the signing of Mash.

desirocker
February 7, 2009, 09:09 PM
Kolkatar dada..what's really great abt him?

AsifTheManRahman
February 7, 2009, 09:42 PM
But Gangu Dada seems to have already expressed his dislike in the signing of Mash.Don't be surprised if dada ends up breaking a rib or two in the nets. After all, he does tend to get squared up by fast men.

mijanur
February 8, 2009, 04:37 AM
Don't be surprised if dada ends up breaking a rib or two in the nets. After all, he does tend to get squared up by fast men.

lol i hope he does

Zeeshan
February 8, 2009, 07:38 AM
lol i hope he does

It's not polite to wish for someone to have their ribcage broken. How would you feel if someone wished the same for you, or your dad or your uncle or grandpa? Huh?
Btw, in martial arts they teach you to aim for the 11th and 12th ribs which are not connected to the sternum. Masri if you are reading this, aim for the slightly mid-section area.

mijanur
February 8, 2009, 09:55 AM
It's not polite to wish for someone to have their ribcage broken. How would you feel if someone wished the same for you, or your dad or your uncle or grandpa? Huh?
Btw, in martial arts they teach you to aim for the 11th and 12th ribs which are not connected to the sternum. Masri if you are reading this, aim for the slightly mid-section area.

ur a crazyy guy

Inferno
February 8, 2009, 11:19 AM
I am not sure about Ashraful as he is out of form but Mortaza will definitely play for kolkata

bdchamp20
February 8, 2009, 11:55 AM
I am not sure about Ashraful as he is out of form but Mortaza will definitely play for kolkata
I just hope both of them are given a fair amount of chances to prove themselves early in the tournament. If they fail in 2-3 matches in a row then I have no complain. But I hope they don't get their chance when the tournament is over and they are only given to bowl two overs and bat at #11 and after that ignored for the rest of the season.

thebest
February 8, 2009, 12:47 PM
Crapinfo is crap. But I hope this time they come true. Ash and Mash got the money and learn from the best (Unfortunately I don't think Ishant is better than Mash) and but would be fresh for national duty

tiger_omar
February 22, 2009, 04:51 PM
Don't be surprised if dada ends up breaking a rib or two in the nets. After all, he does tend to get squared up by fast men.

Instead of breaking some ribs, how about making Dada get a concussion :sick:. :lol:

nycpro96
March 15, 2009, 11:52 AM
mash will almost for sure be in the starting XI. ash will slowly make it up there as well because he might have some demand

al Furqaan
March 15, 2009, 11:57 PM
who cares, free money.

that they got signed is good enough for me...let them talk in the real games

Rifat
March 15, 2009, 11:58 PM

who cares, free money.

that they got signed is good enough for me...let them talk in the real games

my sentiments exactly :up:

Akib
March 16, 2009, 12:45 AM

Because he will bring in hundreds or thousands more to warm other benches.

Isnaad
March 16, 2009, 03:34 AM
Mash will play but not sure about Ash...

Abid_Khan
March 16, 2009, 06:30 AM
If old Mashhy doesnt play then IPL sucks and I'll make sure that the Kolkata ground gets flooded

Ajfar
March 16, 2009, 05:35 PM
If old Mashhy doesnt play then IPL sucks and I'll make sure that the Kolkata ground gets flooded

what do you exactly have in mind?? you plan to release all the drains around the stadium??

Dhruvo
March 16, 2009, 07:09 PM
what do you exactly have in mind?? you plan to release all the drains around the stadium??
:floor: good one.

Anyways I dont think KKR is gonna bench Mash, if they do I am sure people in BD will give them a hard time at Bangladesh.

nycpro96
March 30, 2009, 03:46 PM
listen. KKR will not bence Mash. 600000 for nothing? i think not.

Purbasha T
March 31, 2009, 02:37 PM
listen. KKR will not bence Mash. 600000 for nothing? i think not.

Oh well, as the ideas of bangladeshis visiting calcutta or some matches being in bangladesh are out of the window, the professional thinkings behind putting Mash in main 11 looks to be honest nothing significant atm. However, still I don't see that many of better pacers in the KKR team; though the number of international players allowed to play in a team might limit his chances a bit. and also there are quite a lot BD ppl in SA, so that might make them putting Mash into it....lool, i'm just not getting the business side of the stuff going on.