PDA

View Full Version : The Highest wicket taker in both forms planning to end it all in WC 2011

Dhruvo
February 8, 2009, 01:46 PM
With the records in hand, it is the 2011 World Cup that is keeping Murali motivated. "Playing cricket is the only thing I know to do," he said. "I thought the body is right, mentally I was fit and everything was coming right for me so I want to play as much as I can. I am thinking about playing till the next World Cup in 2011. I have nothing more to achieve after that. The World Cup will mark the end of my career."
Hardly anything has gone right for Sri Lanka in the series, even for Murali - his three wickets have cost 70 runs apiece and his economy-rate has been more than five an over. "We must look at where we have gone wrong and correct our mistakes and try to hit get back into winning way," he said. "India have the confidence of beating England 5-0 and their batsmen are playing well. A period comes when all the batsmen are set and all get runs. They are not scared of getting out, whatever strokes they play, they play with confidence. "Once the batsmen lose confidence that's when they start to struggle. At the moment the confidence level of this batting line up is very high, so whatever they do it's going their way. It happens in cricket. It could change or it could go on like the way Australia did for the last 10 years. Now you see Australia are struggling with same players because their confidence level has gone down. Cricket is all about confidence."

Full Article Click Here (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slvind2009/content/story/389421.html)

nycpro96
February 8, 2009, 04:19 PM
what!!!!!!!?????????????????

BANFAN
February 10, 2009, 04:35 AM
Ei Baeta jaye na keno? Chokhe sheola dhore geche oke dekhte dekhte. :)

nycpro96
March 12, 2009, 04:04 PM
i think he should play the WC and then retire.

Dhruvo
March 12, 2009, 05:37 PM
i think he should play the WC and then retire.
Duh,If he's planning on retiring at 2011 obviously he will play the WC, whats wrong with you today ?

Surfer
March 12, 2009, 11:22 PM
Great player. Wish him luck.

mijanur
March 13, 2009, 05:09 AM
god bless him...
i hope before he goes he rips all the team (not bangladesh though)

bangla-red
March 13, 2009, 01:58 PM
When Abdur Razzak comes back, he has a good shot at becoming the world\s leading 20 over wicket taker.