PDA

View Full Version : Mental Breakthrough finally for the islanders ?

Dhruvo
February 8, 2009, 02:02 PM
After that wonderful victory over England by taking the English batsmen out in just 51 runs, Do you think the west indies are finally making a move in becoming an outstanding team once again ? I think so. They are having some very good cricketers come up now.After Lara's departure from international cricket the islanders really went deeper into the darkness of the cave, but I believe they have found a way out. Of course you might say that just one test match win doesn't prove anything, but for a team that didn't win a single test series for 5 years, its a big opportunity.& it wasn't any ordinary test win, the Windies bundled them out in a score which is the 18th lowest total in test crickets history and the lowest total in recent times. It was a great match for the west Indians but I hope they don't get carried away with this and I also hope they try their best in the next games, their team is always full of surprises so it will be interesting to see who wins the next one.

mijanur
February 8, 2009, 02:04 PM
i thought that i make useless threads!!!!!!!!!

Dhruvo
February 8, 2009, 02:05 PM
i thought that i make useless threads!!!!!!!!!
And you still do :)

mijanur
February 8, 2009, 02:07 PM
And you still do :)

if u say so

Rommel
February 8, 2009, 02:07 PM
Good post Dhrubo.

The only thing I would like to say is that you should try to work on your sentence structure/grammar a little more. Your post in itself is very good but the display is not. Its hard to take people seriously when the sentence structure is all off.

But nonetheless, good post and thread little bro!

Dhruvo
February 8, 2009, 02:10 PM
if u say so
Umm sorry bhaiya, I just get high at times, I apologize deeply for not respecting you.

Rommel
February 8, 2009, 02:11 PM
Umm sorry bhaiya, I just get high at times, I apologize deeply for not respecting you.

:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

Dhruvo
February 8, 2009, 02:13 PM
Good post Dhrubo.

The only thing I would like to say is that you should try to work on your sentence structure/grammar a little more. Your post in itself is very good but the display is not. Its hard to take people seriously when the sentence structure is all off.

Yeah, I corrected it a bit, thank you bhaiya!

Zeeshan
February 8, 2009, 02:15 PM
Good post Dhrubo.

Translated for you:

After dat wonderful victry ova england by takin da english batsmen out in jus 51 runs, Do u think da west indies r finally makin a move in becomin an outstanding team once again ? I think so, dey r havin sum vry gud cricketers cum up now.After Lara's departure 4m international cricket da i-landers relly went deeper in2 da darkness of da cave, but I blv dey hv found a way out. 'course u might sey dat jus 1 test match win duznt pruv nething, but for a team dat didnt win a single test series 4 5 yrs, its a big oppertunity to win it, plus it wasnted ne1 ordinary test win, da windeis bundled dem out in a score which is da 18th lowest total in test crickets histry n da lowest total in recent X. It wuz a gr8 match 4 da west indians but I hope dey dun get carried away wit dis n I also hope dey try der best in da game, der team iz alwez full uv surprises so it'll b interesting 2 see hu wins da next 1.

Nadim
February 8, 2009, 02:16 PM
but i think their batting will struggle when Chandurpul, Gayle and Sarwan will leave in next 5-7 years.....

Rommel
February 8, 2009, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I corrected it a bit, thank you bhaiya!

Thanks. I appreciate it.

You're wise beyond your years!

Dhruvo
February 8, 2009, 02:30 PM
Translated for you:
Hahaha LMAO
Thanks. I appreciate it.

You're wise beyond your years!
Thank you bhaiya, but I dont think im that wise lol, I am a good writer in my class and am the class's poet lmao, maybe thats why people call me wise, because of those expensive words I sometimes use, but thats it really......

Rommel
February 8, 2009, 08:07 PM
Hahaha LMAO

Thank you bhaiya, but I dont think im that wise lol, I am a good writer in my class and am the class's poet lmao, maybe thats why people call me wise, because of those expensive words I sometimes use, but thats it really......

So you are basically saying:

My name is Sachin Tendulkar and I'm really not that good. Yes I am probably one of the greatest batsmen of all time and yes I have won many awards, but I'm really not that good :-D.

haha just messin with u lil bro!

nzfan
February 9, 2009, 05:34 AM
The future of west indian cricket is incredibly bright. Adrian Barath is being noted as a possible cricketing legend. Brian Lara even took him to lords with him to celebrate reaching 400 not out.

Othe rexciting players are Keiran Powell, Darren Bravo(Dwaynes little Brother), simmons, andre fletcher, the spinner wallace

BANFAN
February 9, 2009, 08:19 AM
Good thoughts Dhrubo, WI is really doing well. Gayle in his post match interview said the same thing, that we aren't going to be carried away with this, we have to work har, we will celebrate but not too much, because we have to play well in the next matches. Was very good to hear.

WI has a good future & they produced some excellent bowlers.

NB: Don't believe when the girls of your class say you are wise, they might say so, under the influence of your poems...:)

Ajfar
February 9, 2009, 06:19 PM
whatever happened to ricardo powell...he was a beast back then...

MohammedC
February 13, 2009, 01:36 PM
After watching todays fiasco I would say WI cricket is going downhill.

bujhee kom
February 19, 2009, 06:27 PM
i am always and will be very proud of every WI achievement/win/recovery. i support WI. but in the current state of the team i can never trust WI for repetative success! from a habiatual point of view they are very much kind of like BD, only a lot more advance and better! but in this current state, they won big time in the first test matche against saf in saf! it was huge deal. then now beat england in the first test. in both cases they got fatigued and unfocused after the first match and went down for the rest of the series, and big time. they can't keep the momentum up and continue to put pressure and win! something wrong there, something in the mind, i feel. but again, against us BD, they will probably kick us hard! WI still has super glamourous batsmen like chanderpaul, sarwan, gayle, marshall, bravo and has a platoon of fast bowlers! bowling maybe a bit one dimentional which hurt them i think.

but i am glad they now got rid of that filthy old pervart satanford and hopefully the islands' WI cricket will find it's soul back and resurface back with good ethic, historical strength, sportmanship, athleticism and positive energy!

Akib
February 19, 2009, 06:32 PM
WI is having same problems as we do. Inept cricket organizations and a really bad domestic competition. Of course, they are hurting a bit more due to the Stanford crisis.

SS
February 19, 2009, 08:07 PM
But still they put off with a draw...imagine what our team would have done if they are in the same show...370/9 with a draw is good!