PDA

View Full Version : India in NZ 2009

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2009, 11:14 AM
Good news for India.

Last year BD visited NZ and in one innings they had an openning stand of 160+ in 44 overs. This can be inspirational. That even by 20 year olds visiting this sort of conditions for the first time. So if they apply themselves properly big scores is not hard to get. I am not sure why Tendulkar is worried. This will be his sixth/seven visit there.

Hope this will be a keenly contested tour.

bharat
February 12, 2009, 12:02 PM
Good news for India.

Last year BD visited NZ and in one innings they had an openning stand of 160+ in 44 overs. This can be inspirational. That even by 20 year olds visiting this sort of conditions for the first time. So if they apply themselves properly big scores is not hard to get. I am not sure why Tendulkar is worried. This will be his sixth/seven visit there.

Hope this will be a keenly contested tour.

India has a very bad record (recent )against the NZ .

Added to that NZ usually prepares the worst of pitches for the Indians.I am not sure that they would do that this time around as the Indians (I think) have a better seam attach than the NZ'landers.

Would think India should win this series , the only think against it is its recent (espcially the last tour where they did miserably lost a 4 Test series 2-0 and ODI's 2-4 ) history

thebest
February 12, 2009, 12:43 PM
"I am sure that we will beat New Zealand 5-0 to become the number one team in the world," Harbazan Singh (http://cricketnext.in.com/news/harbhajan-for-umpire-referrals-in-odis-too/38217-13-1.html)

Tigers_eye
February 12, 2009, 01:15 PM
Harbi oh harbi!! Say it ain't so!! Dhoni already has pressure. Why put some more on him? lol, more power to Harbi.

nzfan
February 12, 2009, 01:23 PM
Better seam attack? Zaheer Khan is overrated an average of 34-35 is laughable for a seam bowler

Ajfar
February 12, 2009, 02:39 PM
"I am sure that we will beat New Zealand 5-0 to become the number one team in the world," Harbazan Singh (http://cricketnext.in.com/news/harbhajan-for-umpire-referrals-in-odis-too/38217-13-1.html)

i hate this kind of cockiness from anybody...even if you are playing a team like kenya/zim..there is a big difference between being cocky and and being confident..remember vettori's comment about beating bangladesh 3-0 and becoming number 2 in the world..

sbsash
February 12, 2009, 06:06 PM
supporting India

Yameen
February 12, 2009, 07:58 PM
I think Indians will have a tough time playing in New Zealand in the swinging conditions as past south asian teams have encountered. It will be a good series and expecting a good fight.
If India want to prove they really are number one material, they gotta perform and win well away in tough NZ conditions.

For NZ, it will be interesting to see their freedom to go out and express themselves as if they have nothing to lose just like in Australia atm where they are doing really well. I hope Chris Martin gets back into the team though and that the selectors dont mind his magnificent batting Lol.

Good luck to both teams and hope to see a well fought contest all round.

Tintin
February 13, 2009, 05:14 AM
Added to that NZ usually prepares the worst of pitches for the Indians.I am not sure that they would do that this time around as the Indians (I think) have a better seam attach than the NZ'landers.
The seaming wickets like last time is always to the NZ's advantage as it will neutralize the difference in the batting of the two sides and make the comparative quality of seam attack almost irrelevant. Even last time, it was not Bond who did most of the damage but the next level bowlers like Tuffey and Oram.

It is somehow always ignored how critical the toss was last time. India was to put in to bat after NZ won the toss on both matches, and NZ had the easier batting conditions on both occasions.

Surfer
February 13, 2009, 03:37 PM
This time around things will be a little different. Because India is stronger in all departments. Especially our fast bowlers will make a difference.

What I like is that it starts with T20s and then ODIs and then test matches. By the time the ODIs start, India would be somewhat used to the conditions and by the time the tests start, we can expect them to play at their best.

I dont think we will see those kind of pitches again. But even if we do, I think we have the players to still win.

bharat
February 13, 2009, 08:18 PM
Better seam attack? Zaheer Khan is overrated an average of 34-35 is laughable for a seam bowler

Easy man !! Discussions on forums dont win matches. In Zaheer's defense he has been the top 3 bowlers last year.I would rate Ishant in the top 5 on present form.If there are no injuries to these two I think India should be able to counter any curve balls( pitches like last time) from the New Zealender's

I wish Sreeshant was included instead of Munaf...

Will be a cracker of a series.India has to win to 'even claim' that it deserves to be equated with SA.A loss would push it along with lower teams like Australia :smug: .

P.S : The last statement was in jest.

nzfan
February 13, 2009, 08:29 PM
Ausralimay still be ranked third but they are a 4th or 5th position team now

last night we needed 33 runs off 7 overs with two overs of power play

but even if we did beat australia no one woud of given us credit,

If someone like ishant played for New Zealand he woudn't be recognised at all

Ajfar
February 14, 2009, 12:11 AM
Ausralimay still be ranked third but they are a 4th or 5th position team now

last night we needed 33 runs off 7 overs with two overs of power play

but even if we did beat australia no one woud of given us credit,

If someone like ishant played for New Zealand he woudn't be recognised at all

i felt very bad for NZ they deserved to win it...did aussie win by DL method??

nzfan
February 14, 2009, 01:23 AM
i felt very bad for NZ they deserved to win it...did aussie win by DL method??

It was a no result as 20 overs needed to be bowled, we were ahead of the duckworth lewis anyway

cricman
February 14, 2009, 01:30 AM
I Dare NZ to call up Bond, I wanna see how India would react

al Furqaan
February 14, 2009, 02:01 AM
why didn't bond go for the IPL...they would have given him loads of money???

at any rate, NZ have lost too many good players though they're newer guys have much potential...i think india will win easily. especially if ishant and zak get going.

but then again, i'd love nothing more than to see india get walloped, and ishant and zak get smacked around.

nsd3
February 19, 2009, 11:24 PM
None is talking about Indian Batting! IShant/ Zahir themselves can't win it for India. The batsmen have to show character to survive and take the game up to the Kiwis if they want to win. Tendu/ Laxman/ Shehwag/ Dravid have to do it unlike last time. It's these 4 batsmen and those 2 pacers all have to live up to their reputation.

Akib
February 20, 2009, 12:49 AM
None is talking about Indian Batting! IShant/ Zahir themselves can't win it for India. The batsmen have to show character to survive and take the game up to the Kiwis if they want to win. Tendu/ Laxman/ Shehwag/ Dravid have to do it unlike last time. It's these 4 batsmen and those 2 pacers all have to live up to their reputation.

I think if 1 or 2 of those players play well, India should cruise. Remember sakib alone ALMOST brought them down.

cricman
March 5, 2009, 08:52 PM
I wish one of oour openers had Viru's mentality, They both have that gear but try to play to cute and fail 80% of the time.

auntu
March 6, 2009, 09:13 AM
Bad luck for Shewag getting out of a bad decision. He was batting at that time superbly.
Now a days umpiring quality has gone down sharply.

nzfan
March 7, 2009, 05:34 PM
Weather looks great in Christchurch today, sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky(Well only the tinest amount of white cloud around), blue all over. I'll be off to the cricket in an hour or two wearing my beige Brigade top

bharat
March 7, 2009, 06:39 PM
Weather looks great in Christchurch today, sun is shining and not a cloud in the sky(Well only the tinest amount of white cloud around), blue all over. I'll be off to the cricket in an hour or two wearing my beige Brigade top

Great to hear that man ..the last two matches were pretty frustrating.

Also I hope your trip to the ground changes your animosity towards the Indians man.Look closer they are nicer than you think , including Dhoni :smug:

cricman
March 7, 2009, 10:08 PM
Oh my Vettori is not in the XI 400 could be a possibility.

Always a treat watching Sachin

cricman
March 7, 2009, 10:51 PM
Ashraful should be grateful he'll be carrying Sachins Drinks and carrying his bags

Zeeshan
March 7, 2009, 11:31 PM
These guys are beast. Too bad Tendulkar left. It will be a mammoth score.

Rommel
March 7, 2009, 11:32 PM
400 is on the cards for India!

Zeeshan
March 7, 2009, 11:40 PM
Raina is speaking 6s.

CI : Southee to Dhoni, 1 run, short of a good length on the off stump, swatted down the ground for a single, the ball's a fly, and Dhoni's bat the the thing that you swat it with, no idea what it's called <--lol

al Furqaan
March 8, 2009, 01:07 AM
anwar's record lives again...it has 9 lives like a cat.

jaya came close to breaking it...gibbs came close, dhoni blames the lankans for not scoring 20 more...and now sachin.

i'd like to see tamim smash this record against the pakis...

AsifTheManRahman
March 8, 2009, 01:19 AM
Maar Kalaimma maar! Hope NZ get close enough, at least.

BANFAN
March 8, 2009, 01:24 AM
135/0 in 18 ov
Ryder is doing some excellent hitting. I still see a good chance for NZ.

AsifTheManRahman
March 8, 2009, 01:28 AM
It's always good to see Bhaji getting bhajafied. Serves him right, being the jerk that he is.

al Furqaan
March 8, 2009, 01:34 AM
could this be another historic day...lets hope so...another 6er from mac saab.

nzfan
March 8, 2009, 03:23 AM
We need to write a book on how to lose wickets from an incredible position against an average bowling attack, we have ourselves to blame for losing this

bharat
March 8, 2009, 03:27 AM
We need to write a book on how to lose wickets from an incredible position against an average bowling attack, we have ourselves to blame for losing this

Give the Indians some credit man !!

:wave::wave:Munaf ..hope this is the last time I see you in the Indian team.Always hated his attitude.Sreeshant would be much better than him.

nzfan
March 8, 2009, 03:30 AM
I'll give tendulker, yuvi and dhoni some credit but mostly tendulkar because I finally saw the guy and he is knee high to a grasshopper. Indian fielding seriously needs to be worked on, fielding with your legs open and putting your hands down in between them to pick up the ball is what we were taught not to fied like when we were 5-6

One World
March 8, 2009, 03:34 AM
Tendu is back but NZ fought well.

nzfan
March 8, 2009, 03:38 AM
Unless you have been there, you would not believe how small those boundaries are, it's a rugby stadium so the boundaries are maybe 50m each side of the wicket at most

Edit: I found a youtube video from the ground in the twenty20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmQ6_I-VSrU

BANFAN
March 8, 2009, 05:05 AM

Really after such a wonderful opening partnership, it was unbelieveable. Consecutive runouts to begin with, was pathetic. Only BD can emulate such collapse. :)

nzfan
March 8, 2009, 05:17 AM
I, to this day can still not believe how quickly Bangladesh collapsed in that test match from being 161/0 or something to 200 or so all out

Rabz
March 8, 2009, 12:29 PM
Edit: I found a youtube video from the ground in the twenty20

Lolz..dont worry, we aint watching it anytime soon...
the govt blocked youtube .... not sure for how long...

CholCholBD
March 8, 2009, 04:40 PM
OMG OMG SACHIN never never ever fails to prove all his critics worng....WOW he is such a legend

Ashfaq
March 8, 2009, 06:51 PM
OMG OMG SACHIN never never ever fails to prove all his critics worng....WOW he is such a legend

There's reason why he's considered the cricket God by more than a 1000 million people.

AsifTheManRahman
March 8, 2009, 07:23 PM
The gallery's so quiet, and so empty. You don't see that in Bangladesh. Not when the home team is winning.

nzfan
March 9, 2009, 01:43 AM
That empty area in the grey is a construction site getting ready for the rugby world cup, but you are right, there were more indian fans than New Zealand fans

Zeeshan
March 10, 2009, 08:38 PM
McCullum Tamims Afridi....

Zeeshan
March 10, 2009, 11:00 PM
D/L may favor against the Indians. 270 looked on the cards for NZ... let's see wat happens. I'd like to see a high limited over chased own from the Virus & Co.

Abirz
March 10, 2009, 11:29 PM
Brendon McCullum is in such prime form, hes getting 50+ scores in nearly every match.
This is really good for KKR as the IPL is just around the corner

Abirz
March 10, 2009, 11:33 PM

I hate that Harbhajan Singh, such an racist and barbaric player, always in controversies with Andrew Symonds, doesnt have a sense of mind who hes messing with. I saw in one of his videos he was swearing at Kevin Pietersen also

al Furqaan
March 11, 2009, 12:16 AM
target 271...why no DL...there were only 43 overs bowled with 5 wickets when the rain started...the true target should be 285 at least.

Murad
March 11, 2009, 12:23 AM
target 271...why no DL...there were only 43 overs bowled with 5 wickets when the rain started...the true target should be 285 at least.

You are right. The target is now 281 from 47 over.

nzfan
March 11, 2009, 01:05 AM
Sehwag is a machine, doesn't matter if you bowl brilliant balls to him, it will go to the fence anyway, best way to get him out normally is a terrible umpiring decision

cricman
March 11, 2009, 01:14 AM
Sehwag is a machine, doesn't matter if you bowl brilliant balls to him, it will go to the fence anyway, best way to get him out normally is a terrible umpiring decision
INcutters/Inswingers

Tease him with a few Balls With Width and than Surprise him with the one the Jags Back in, You Could Bowl 6 Inswingers and he'd Try to Cut at least a few of them.

I just don't think NZ did there HW on Viru, they haven't Attacked him Accordingly.

007 would have sent him back by now :(

Stupid ICL

nzfan
March 11, 2009, 01:16 AM
I live in the same city is shane bond, he signed up for the icl before it was decided it was a rebel league which would result in your ban, he still wants to play for the black caps

Really, whats wrong with the icl? Its only because the bcci doesnt make money off it, I see no problem with the like of kapali playing for BD again

bharat
March 11, 2009, 01:33 AM
Bad time for rain ..good going by the Indians.Hope Duckworth Lewis does not screw India.

Zeeshan
March 11, 2009, 02:29 AM
Pishaach..........this Sehwag

tonoy
March 11, 2009, 02:35 AM
And here I thought Sehwag was over after that offcutter from Mash at worldcup 2007. Here's to me being wrong again. BTW, Aussies are back BABY!!! AWW RIGHT!!!!

tonoy
March 11, 2009, 02:39 AM
Where the hell is Chris Martin by the way?! They leave out the one guy who could actually bowl some decent balls. :mad:

nzfan
March 11, 2009, 02:43 AM
Rain saves India again, with Brendon Mccullum still to bowl india were in deep trouble

Nocturnal
March 11, 2009, 02:50 AM
100 for Viru off 60 balls- the fastest by any indians (just beat Azhar's 62 ball one vs same opposition)
Right now Match delayed by rain once again. Four more balls needed to get a result from this game (20 over). India 169/0 (19.2)

bharat
March 11, 2009, 03:26 AM
Time to try out the bench strength..even if it means loosing the last match.Would like to see Rohit and Karthik get a bat.More importantly I would like to see what Balaji has got.The third seamer will play a big role in the Tests.Irfan might get a nod ahead of balaji but it would be good if he gets to bowl before the Tests.

Good clinical stuff by India.Thats why I put the Indian team at the top in ODI's (not Tests).Mind you NZ stretched the Aussies (almost one won but for bad luck) . None of the matches here were even close here .NZ batting looks tight (unfortunate that I could not see Ross click), they need to improove their bowling though .

nzfan
March 11, 2009, 03:39 AM
The thing with the indian team is there batsmen are just incredible, one great batsmen gets out another comes in there is no respite

Surfer
March 11, 2009, 03:50 AM
Rain saves India again, with Brendon Mccullum still to bowl india were in deep trouble

You are being sarcastic definitely.

Surfer
March 11, 2009, 03:54 AM
D/L may favor against the Indians. 270 looked on the cards for NZ... let's see wat happens. I'd like to see a high limited over chased own from the Virus & Co.

So you got what you wanted? Without D/L, Sehwag probably would have scored a 200.

Nadim
March 11, 2009, 04:25 AM
The thing with the indian team is there batsmen are just incredible, one great batsmen gets out another comes in there is no respite

have to agree with u........look at this batting line up for India....
Tendulkar(i know he didn't played this ODI)
Shewag
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj
Dhoni

Shewag and Ghambir has been the best opening pair in all format of cricket since 2007........and the way they bat 2day......looklike those two will only improve

Zeeshan
March 11, 2009, 10:32 PM
This guy is a gangsta:

It's very tough for NZ bowlers to stop me - Sehwag

lmao...:notworthy:

read the full article...

http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/current/story/394842.html

Ajfar
March 11, 2009, 11:22 PM
well when you rip apart the bowling attack all over the field ...he's got every right to be cocky like that

Zeeshan
March 12, 2009, 12:46 AM
yup ^

remember the time when he kicked Paul Harris's ball during the 319 (?) test score?

I actually love Sehwag for this type of attitude. Tamim has it, but his innings doesnt click that often statistically speaking.

MysoreHuli
March 12, 2009, 03:58 AM
This guy is a gangsta:

It's very tough for NZ bowlers to stop me - Sehwag

lmao...:notworthy:

read the full article...

http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/current/story/394842.html

That's pure arrogance backed up with a brilliant performance. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

nzfan
March 12, 2009, 04:51 AM
The thing is, where mills bowls to sehwag , troubled the Australian batsmen considerably, Sehwag just happens to complement mills with Sehwags favourite area being where mills likes to bowl and he is struggling to adjust to it

Isnaad
March 12, 2009, 04:55 AM
Feel sorry for NZ, the way they are losing the matches...

nzfan
March 12, 2009, 05:13 AM
Trust me ISnaad, next time you play india, do not bring Shahadat Hossain or expect him to go for 12 an over

mijanur
March 12, 2009, 06:47 AM
sewhag is top notch...
som ppl compare him wiv afridi buy he is watyyyyy better then afrdi

bharat
March 12, 2009, 02:02 PM
som ppl compare him wiv afridi

Now that my friend is an offensive statement !! Afridi and Shewag should not be in the same sentence:-P

Coming to NZ, sure they are down but their batting line up impresses me.Ryder, Mc,Ross,Guptil all look match winners to me.Give them a couple of years together (by the WC 2011) they might end up being the best batting lineup ( after India E-) )
around.With the WC in Aus/NZ we might have a new winner

nycpro96
March 12, 2009, 03:25 PM
wat an amazing innings by sehwag. fantastic mind blasting lol

Zeeshan
March 12, 2009, 11:17 PM
At the risk of this becoming a Sehwag thread:

Virender Sehwag
A man and his bat carry the hopes of a nation
By Brian Bennett

When N.A. Sharma, a coach at a government-sponsored cricket center on the outskirts of the Indian capital of New Delhi, first met Virender Sehwag, he found little that impressed him. Sehwag was a 13-year-old local boy, son of a grain hawker, who lived in a house stuffed with siblings, uncles, aunts and 16 cousins. He had no dazzling skills—but was desperate to learn. Sharma was bowling to Sehwag one afternoon when dusk fell, and the coach suggested they call it a day. Sehwag refused: he wanted to perfect his stroke. "The other boys were sitting on the side gossiping," Sharma recalls, "but here was Sehwag, still batting. From that day onward, I told the other boys: 'Virender is going to play big cricket.'"

Cricket is India's national passion; Sehwag its latest object of hope and adoration. As a batsman, the 24-year-old is aggressive, graceful and, when he's on his game, outright dazzling. In a one-day match against New Zealand in 2001, he hit 100 runs off 69 balls—the second-fastest century by an Indian in history. The most striking feature of his batting is the ease with which he dispatches balls all around the wicket—the sign of a natural shotmaker. That talent is obvious to all Indians, including teammate and legend, Sachin Tendulkar, whom Sehwag idolizes and imitates.

To India's impoverished youth, Sehwag is the man of clay astride the mountain of the gods. Most of India's cricket heroes have come from affluent or middle-class backgrounds, gone to private schools and learned English and other gentlemanly ways. Sehwag was lucky his parents could afford the $3 a month for cricket training. His family didn't have high hopes: his grandmother used to call him bholi, an endearment for a good-natured simpleton. That simpleton is now a jet-setter. Invited into the cockpit of a jumbo jet on a recent flight from New Delhi to Bombay, Sehwag gazed at the gleaming dials and the skyline of Bombay coming into view and whispered: "If I wasn't a cricketer, I would never have been able to see this."

Between matches, Sehwag makes thousands of dollars a day shooting advertisements for multinational brands, including Coca-Cola, Samsung and Johnson & Johnson. The first sports jacket he ever donned was the blue blazer of the national cricket team. Today, Sehwag is a pitchman for Mayur Suitings, a giant textile manufacturer, and he owns a closet full of tailored suits. During a recent photo shoot in New Delhi for Mayur's catalogue Sehwag poses in two dozen outfits, and the photographer goes through a bagful of film, but the cricketer is ever cool, raising his eyes to the camera as if he's staring down a bowler on the pitch. "He's so sweet," coos the makeup artist.

Sehwag plans to trade in his Honda City for a red Mercedes convertible and buy his family a $500,000 home *Gopal whistles* in New Delhi's posh Defence Colony. But he doesn't hide the apron strings endearingly attached to his cricketer's blazer. Sehwag calls his mother after every match, a habit memorialized in a cell-phone advertisement run on Indian television during the recent International Cricket Council's 2003 World Cup. He wears a gold Shiva medallion bought by her "for safety," he says, and his favorite dessert is still her homemade custard. Does his mother worry that her famous son will get caught up in the vacuous swirl of India's élite? "No," she says, sipping tea in her living room, a wall of Sehwag's trophies looming behind her. "He will marry a simple, homely girl who gives respect to his family."

Occasionally, Sehwag goes back to his old neighborhood of Najafgarh on the outskirts of New Delhi, distributes some pocket money to the local boys, instructs them in square cuts and backfoot punches, and lets them in on the key to his success. "I didn't have any connections," he lectures. "I just worked hard and played well. If you are talented, you will definitely get a chance."

On a recent afternoon in Najafgarh, school has let out, and on both sides of a dusty, pot-holed road, boys in gray slacks and frayed navy-blue sweaters are running past piles of discarded tires and skipping over spiny-haired pigs. They're playing cricket, of course, and for these prepubescents hoping to find a way out of hardscrabble lives, there is only one role model. "Sehwag played on this spot," says scrawny 12-year-old Deepak, tapping his bat on the uneven dirt wicket. "If Virender Sehwag can make it from here," he says, "so can I."

http://www.time.com/time/asia/2003/heroes/virender_sehwag.html

Zeeshan
March 13, 2009, 10:13 PM
beastly start from sehwag again....sigh

Megh
March 13, 2009, 10:16 PM
beastly start from sehwag again....sigh

yeah right. already got 2 lives. and NZ dropped 3 catches already. Oram, Taylor & McCullum, these are the droppers. McCullum dropped the catch of Raina. i can't believe NZ doing this bad in the middle.

Zeeshan
March 13, 2009, 10:28 PM
Vato falls. :(

al Furqaan
March 14, 2009, 12:22 AM
61-1 to 149 all out...very BD-esque collapse.

cricman
March 14, 2009, 12:23 AM
Again today proves Sachin is the Backbone of the Indian Lineup

I wonder how Ishant will bowl and if they give him the new ball

Zeeshan
March 14, 2009, 12:49 AM
Plot thickens.

First wicket falls. Can India do a Bangldesh here? (disregarding the Murali factor)....

I'd love to see they do a clean sweep from here. :)

al Furqaan
March 14, 2009, 01:36 AM
Again today proves Sachin is the Backbone of the Indian Lineup

I wonder how Ishant will bowl and if they give him the new ball

one prolly wouldn't have made a difference...besides, matchwinners abound everywhere...sehwag, ghambir, dhoni are all capable of cracking ODI 150s...sachin is great, but he's just another batsman in that lineup.

nice to see them fail every once in a while

tonoy
March 14, 2009, 02:27 AM
This Guptill kid has some future. Wonderful batting. Hoping to see a good test contest. GO NZ.

nzfan
March 14, 2009, 03:54 AM
Ryder was bowling at 135/136 km/hr today, faster than zaheer khan, we prepare a sporting wicket(not flat) for the first time in the series and look what happens

Biggest postitive for India I reckon thought was Rohit Sharma, seems to have the ability to turn into an indian batsmen who can handle conditions other than flat tracks(If he is ever given a proper chance)

Yameen
March 14, 2009, 07:56 AM
a deserved victory for the New Zealanders, well done!

I really like this Jessie Ryder and has a really bright career ahead of him but he keeps letting himself down with his drunken antics..i hope he has sought for professional help as he is one of the future hopes for these guys..

Guptill and Elliott are proving to be class acts and hope they realise this transition stage in New Zealand cricket that these players will make essential components of their team n must perform day in day out with expected minor blemishes along the way..

Dhruvo
March 14, 2009, 10:39 AM
NZ really played well today. Alot better in terms of bowling.

bharat
March 14, 2009, 12:17 PM
Ryder was bowling at 135/136 km/hr today, faster than zaheer khan, we prepare a sporting wicket(not flat) for the first time in the series and look what happens

Biggest postitive for India I reckon thought was Rohit Sharma, seems to have the ability to turn into an indian batsmen who can handle conditions other than flat tracks(If he is ever given a proper chance)

Common ..man , this is the same team that won in Australia and England.If thinking that Indians failed because of a 'seaming wicket' keeps you happy ...go for it.Afterall you should do what keeps you happy ( truth or not ).

It was reckless batting (similar to the 20-20's) than anything else.NZ did a great job fighting back and looked in complete control.The pitch was hardly seaming (Shewag 40 odd in 25+ balls) ..it was bad batting all through.

Its a nice kick in the back for the Indians before the Tests.

Rohit is a good prospect but if you look at the current batting line, it is tough for him to get through in the ODI's leave alone the Tests.

Laxman and Dravid are on the way (Its the last time you would see Lax,Dravid and Sachin in NZ) ..I'd say sit back and enjoy the Indian batting Machine.

nzfan
March 14, 2009, 03:35 PM
Dravid is on form, laxman and mishra are not, mishra got hammereds for 140 runs so I don't think he will be in the test team

al Furqaan
March 14, 2009, 04:50 PM
speed gun may have been juiced up...kyle mills and zaheer cracked 139 k last night according to CI, and they usually bowl in the late 120s (mills) and early 130s (zaheer).

Surfer
March 14, 2009, 11:08 PM
I don't mind these occasional defeats. We are getting into a habit of losing dead rubbers.....but along with that has come the habit of winning overseas series. We lifted the trophy....so I am happy.

The tests would be interesting. Dhoni is yet to lose a test. Sachin and Sehwag will play instrumental role if we are to win the tests.....of course along with ZAK and Ishant.

nzfan
March 17, 2009, 05:35 AM
James Franklins first class record this season

Innings 5
runs 631
Hs 219
avg 157.75
100 3
50 2

Yeah, he can definately bat

bharat
March 17, 2009, 06:43 PM
James Franklins first class record this season

Innings 5
runs 631
Hs 219
avg 157.75
100 3
50 2

Yeah, he can definately bat

Franklin gets a bad decision ..feel sorry for him .

nzfan
March 17, 2009, 06:56 PM
Franklin decision doesn't matter, we are slowly slipping into obscurity, our rating will drop into the 70's and then the 60's and downward. Us doing badly isn't great for test cricket

I don't care if we are a good one day side, test cricket is what matters and new zealanders just don't care about 5 day cricket.

sbsash
March 17, 2009, 07:24 PM
NZ doesn't stand a chance in this match specially because of the current score (61/6).

Ajfar
March 17, 2009, 07:57 PM
NZ doesn't stand a chance in this match specially because of the current score (61/6).

its cricket anything can happen..

Surfer
March 17, 2009, 08:20 PM
Now they are scoring some runs. Ryder is going through a very good phase of his career. And Dan Vettori has been the best batsman in that line up in sometime.....who knows that better than Bangladesh?:D

Murad
March 17, 2009, 09:49 PM
Both Ryder and Vettory get their 50's.

Man..this Vettory guy is something. Always stand tall when the team needs him. I wish..I wish.. We had one batsman like him. All our batsmen are crap! A-Z.

Murad
March 17, 2009, 10:46 PM
And the 100 for the man!!!
Great one!

:bravo:

cricman
March 17, 2009, 11:09 PM
Now they are scoring some runs. Ryder is going through a very good phase of his career. And Dan Vettori has been the best batsman in that line up in sometime.....who knows that better than Bangladesh?:D

India do too :shh:

bharat
March 17, 2009, 11:15 PM
:notworthy: to Vettori ..one of the most under rated batsman.Ryder is a great potential too.Nice test match

cricman
March 17, 2009, 11:16 PM
Looks like India will bat today

Sewhag will Beast

Surfer
March 18, 2009, 02:10 AM
The test match is beautifully set up and the day ends with India having slight edge. If Sehwag lasts for the day tomorrow, the match is ours. Even two sessions of Sehwag could irreversibly turn the match our way.

The ball will move for an hour tomorrow morning and thats NZ's opportunity. Otherwise the pitch is too flat and the Indian batting lineup is full of highly experienced batsmen who will take the match away.

Nocturnal
March 18, 2009, 02:18 AM
Well done Daniel!! :applause:
as always after Bangladesh I'm an Indian Cricket fan- I want them to win the series for sure but also want to see some contest too.
NZ - 279 all out is not a bad first day score imo considering this pretty week NZ test side! Now Viru can have a blast!

sbsash
March 18, 2009, 07:19 AM
Well batted NZ.Surprised to see they got that much.

Dhruvo
March 18, 2009, 12:16 PM
Why cant bangladesh have players like vettori or ryder. I noticed all the top 8 teams have or had an innings savior whenever their team is on the road to collapse, this rarely happens for BD and we dont really have that Duminy or ryder in our team.

al Furqaan
March 18, 2009, 07:01 PM
Why cant bangladesh have players like vettori or ryder. I noticed all the top 8 teams have or had an innings savior whenever their team is on the road to collapse, this rarely happens for BD and we dont really have that Duminy or ryder in our team.

well recently, mehrab, sakib, and lil ole mushy have fought well with the bat. but none has a century despite all of them getting past 75 runs. u have to score big ones, merely scoring is not enough. while the skill level is there, the patience is not there to score big ones. that this is endemic in almost all our batsman, means that there is some fundemental problem in our national batting mindset.

also our bowling has lacked bite. rajib was non-existent and even when he looked wonderous, mash's bowling has been exceptionally toothless. sakib is the only class bowler to have bowled for us in the past several tests.

hopefully mash can get back to averaging 35 instead of 40 and ditto with rajib. we also need a 3rd pacer to step up, with my first votes going for rubel and sajid in no particular order.

One World
March 18, 2009, 08:16 PM
The wall is talking.

Zeeshan
March 18, 2009, 11:08 PM
again in strong position india...mark my words...India will definitely reach WC2011 final.

Nocturnal
March 19, 2009, 12:32 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><td>
</td> <td colspan="3">India 1st innings</td> <td align="right">R</td> <td align="right">M</td> <td align="right">B</td> <td align="right">4s</td> <td align="right">6s</td> <td align="right">SR</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">G Gambhir (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28763.html)</td> <td width="246">c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifMcCullum b Martin</td> <td align="right">72</td> <td align="right">135</td> <td align="right">135</td> <td align="right">11</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">53.33</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">V Sehwag (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/35263.html)</td> <td width="246">run out (Franklin)</td> <td align="right">24</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">21</td> <td align="right">5</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">114.28</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">R Dravid (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28114.html)</td> <td width="246"> b O'Brien</td> <td align="right">66</td> <td align="right">183</td> <td align="right">138</td> <td align="right">12</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">47.82</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">SR Tendulkar (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/35320.html)</td> <td width="246">not out</td> <td align="right">70</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">135</td> <td align="right">11</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">51.85</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">VVS Laxman (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/30750.html)</td> <td width="246">c Taylor b Martin</td> <td align="right">30</td> <td align="right">107</td> <td align="right">91</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">32.96</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">Yuvraj Singh (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/36084.html)</td> <td width="246">not out</td> <td align="right">8</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">30</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">26.66</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;"> Extras</td> <td>(b 1, lb 2, nb 5)</td> <td align="right">8</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4">
</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#000000">http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;"> Total</td> <td>(4 wickets; 90.5 overs)</td> <td align="right">278</td> <td colspan="5" align="center">(3.06 runs per over)</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="620"> <tbody><tr> <td>To bat http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/captain.gifhttp://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifMS Dhoni (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28081.html), Harbhajan Singh (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/29264.html), Z Khan (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/30102.html), I Sharma (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/236779.html), MM Patel (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/32965.html) </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Fall of wickets1-37 (Sehwag, 9.2 ov), 2-142 (Gambhir, 41.4 ov), 3-177 (Dravid, 53.2 ov), 4-238 (Laxman, 81.2 ov) (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/engine/match/366628.html?innings=2;view=fow;wrappertype=mainfra me)

nycpro96
March 19, 2009, 05:40 PM
Tendu on 99!

cricman
March 19, 2009, 05:49 PM
Amazing NZ havent been able dismiss Tendu for the last 260 runs dating back to the epic 160*

Nafis_BD
March 19, 2009, 06:12 PM
Any links to watch the game? Really want to watch the rest of Tendulkar's innings!!

Zeeshan
March 19, 2009, 08:51 PM
Tendulkar's fine innings come to an end.......

nsd3
March 19, 2009, 10:36 PM
Vettori shows he's a class. Tendulkar finallly showed in NZ what he's capable of. Last time I remember Flemming's comment when Indian batsmen were miserable on the pitch. A good reply to that by Tendu in probably his last tour in NZ.

This match should be finished in 4 days (provided NZ batsmen don't show character like Vettori and Ryder from 1st innings).

nzfan
March 19, 2009, 11:23 PM
Why was honi given not out while Macintosh was for his catch? It's bullshi and shows india has too much money

and Bharat I remember you saying its about infrastructure, India has 20million people in the country playing cricket, we have 80,000. India wouldn't be a test nation if they had our population

al Furqaan
March 19, 2009, 11:44 PM
again in strong position india...mark my words...India will definitely reach WC2011 final.

unless dhoni says something to piss mash off...:smug:

al Furqaan
March 19, 2009, 11:45 PM
guptill picking ishant apart in the 2nd innings...nice to see after ishany ripped thru the top order last time around. looks a 2 faced pitch, this.

bharat
March 19, 2009, 11:52 PM
Why was honi given not out while Macintosh was for his catch? It's bullshi and shows india has too much money

and Bharat I remember you saying its about infrastructure, India has 20million people in the country playing cricket, we have 80,000. India wouldn't be a test nation if they had our population

:floor:

bharat
March 20, 2009, 12:01 AM
guptill picking ishant apart in the 2nd innings...nice to see after ishany ripped thru the top order last time around. looks a 2 faced pitch, this.

With Ross,Guptil and Ryder NZ might become a batting powerhouse in 2-3 years .
They need to get good bowlers though ..maybe Bond will make a comeback

Maybe 2011 WC is NZ'lnds.Still remember the '92 WC ( was wround 10-11 yrs) loved Martin Crow and Greatbatch.Looked like winning until they ran into young Inzi.

bharat
March 20, 2009, 12:17 AM

well NZ is 8th with 80k and India is 3 rd with 2000k. fair enough ..:)

But seriously it is not that simple nzfan ..but I guess if you take out infrastructure and aptitude what we are left is 'race' .Do we really want to get there ? Its just a game man ..enjoy Tendulkar while he is on your shores the way we loved watching Hadlee bowl.

Its just a game ...have fun ..argue ..even redicule but the end of the day ..just let it go.

nzfan
March 20, 2009, 12:33 AM
you made a typo

it's 80k compared to 20,000K

Australia are our rivals and I support them everytime they play india, india have destroyed new zealand cricket and I hate them for it

Neel Here
March 20, 2009, 12:41 AM

fault lies with batsman actually, he has to stand his ground and ask for 3rd umpire's decision.
dhoni did, mcintosh didn't. but anyway it was still out.

Neel Here
March 20, 2009, 12:42 AM
you made a typo

it's 80k compared to 20,000K

Australia are our rivals and I support them everytime they play india, india have destroyed new zealand cricket and I hate them for it

how the heck do you suppose india has done that ?? :confused:
and why would they ?

nzfan
March 20, 2009, 12:43 AM
By making the icl illegal, New zealand cricketers earn hardly anything, the icl is illegal because the bcci doesn't get money off them, thus you destroyed our cricket, it's ok though, Dravid was still able to get plenty of money as an "icon" player in twenty20's

Murad
March 20, 2009, 01:43 AM
That was a bad decision from the umpires. Normally, they can't give it out as there was lot of doubts. They should have called the 3rd umpire. Stupid umpires!

kalpurush
March 20, 2009, 02:49 AM
That was a bad decision from the umpires. Normally, they can't give it out as there was lot of doubts. They should have called the 3rd umpire. Stupid umpires!
Thats their nick...for years...;)

Achilles
March 20, 2009, 03:31 AM
I start by saying that I am an Indian and a Bengali. I have also lived in Dhaka for around six years so I consider my self to be an Honorary Bangladeshi. My family is ex Faridpur and Barisal.

Now nzfan....it really is not our problem that you guys prefer Rugby to Cricket. Also are you suggesting that you guys manage to field a Test team from a much smaller number of players so you guys are actually doing a good job of it? Remember Rhodesia? They had a similar population to what you have now and they still had a test team. So there is no co-relation between number of players available and the existence of a Test team. Thirdly Cricket Australia banned Kerry Packer and a lot of players were banned as a result, including Kiwi players. Similarly BCCI which runs cricket in India banned ICL so why the angst against India and Indians in particular? You don't need to love or hate us, but today Cricket needs India more than ever. As a single country we make it the third most watched sport in the world after soccer and golf. Also you please keep in the mind the almost mindless domination that we have had to face from the White world during the 50's right up untill '83 when we changed the face of the game. This is my two bit and I really don't like your silly insinuations.

nzfan
March 20, 2009, 03:43 AM
I have indian friends, 4-5 infact, but still no , I don't like the indian cricket board and thus will never support india until the bcci change their ways

And yes, I know the state of zimbabwean cricket, they were the smallest test nation in terms of player base, the blacks didnt play the sport and only the incredibly small white minority played it

Achilles
March 20, 2009, 03:49 AM
Yeah..ok. By the same logic you should also hate CA for the Kerry Packer fiasco. Maybe you should Divorce Reality and Marry Fantasy. Good Day.

Neel Here
March 20, 2009, 08:48 AM
By making the icl illegal, New zealand cricketers earn hardly anything, the icl is illegal because the bcci doesn't get money off them, thus you destroyed our cricket, it's ok though, Dravid was still able to get plenty of money as an "icon" player in twenty20's

you need to get things in perspective, ICL players are banned (not illegal, BCCI is not a law making body) because ICL is a direct competitor to BCCI's position as the apex cricket controlling body in india.

no national board would tolerate any such threat to its survival.
form a parallel cricket controlling body in your own country independent of NZC and you'd see how NZC treats it, it will either try to absorb it and failing which it'll debar players connected to it.

Don't be so selfish to see everything from NZ perspective, BCCI has applied the same rules to all players, including indian ones, so you really can't talk of any bias.
also they had made it quite clear at the outset how they will deal with ICL players.

if you want to blame somebody, blame your players who put money before country.

about dravid, why the heartburn man ? what next ? you'll castigate BCCI for paying its players too much ? whatever they are paying him, they are not using NZ's money to do it.
they are well within their rights to pay him WTH they feel like. it's entirely upto the board and the indian players.

One World
March 20, 2009, 09:37 PM
82.4 Khan to O'Brien, FOUR, that's a 'blogalicious' shot! Zaheer gives him width outside off and it's very full, he opens the face of the bat and squeezes it wide of fifth slip

One World
March 20, 2009, 09:38 PM
NZ struggling hard as to save innings defeat so their fans to save face.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2009, 09:56 PM
the only thing i will say is this:

yes, BCCI has every right to take any [legal] action against ICL. but they can still be considered selfish, which they are, as is every board.

however, the problem stands in that the BCCI asked (read: demaned) other boards and the ICC to ban any players signing with the ICL. they don't have any right to do this, although legally there's nothing wrong with. this fact alone means that people like nzfan can understably hate the BCCI even if its the morally "wrong" thing to do.

i also detest the BCCI policies, and cannot root for team india, which is now probably the strongest or equal strongest Test and ODI side in the world.

One World
March 20, 2009, 09:57 PM
Tea 216/8 25 needed to make India bat again.

One World
March 20, 2009, 10:22 PM
We're back. New Zealand are under pressure to stave off an innings defeat. If India pull it off, it will be their first in New Zealand. And Tendulkar is still off the field, no need to panic I'm told. He's just taking precautions

And then

<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="603"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">86.5</td> <td width="100%">Khan to McCullum, FOUR, he goes squarer this time and slices it to deep backward point, McCullum's having some fun here with this width outside off </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="30">86.4</td> <td width="100%">Khan to McCullum, FOUR, this time he gives it a thump and Harbhajan's not laughing at the boundary now, he slices it really hard square of the wicket and he doesn't even have time to dive at the boundary </td></tr></tbody></table>
Has the new ball been taken?

One World
March 20, 2009, 10:25 PM
90.1 Khan to McCullum, FOUR, the fun continues as McCullum launches into a bouncer and clubs him high over midwicket, looked like a top edge but he was safe

8 needed.

nzfan
March 20, 2009, 10:28 PM
"Afridi is a better striker of the ball than Mccullum. That innings in IPL was a fluke"

Why are these Pakistanis so facinated with Afridi? Yeah he has a strike rate of ovr 100 but I could get that too if I got 7 runs off 6 balls every so often

Afridi isnt wanted in any international team other than Pakistan

One World
March 20, 2009, 10:38 PM
Good resistance - the dream to make history perishes for MSD.
Maccuu just blasted the ball all over the park.

nzfan
March 20, 2009, 11:22 PM
And here go the indians claiming how great a captain Dhoni is. I think with batsmen all averaging 40 at the very least against a team averaging in the 30s doesnt make you a great captain, it should be what happens all the time, ashraful would be classed as a genius captain if he was the captain of this team

Akib
March 20, 2009, 11:38 PM
And here go the indians claiming how great a captain Dhoni is. I think with batsmen all averaging 40 at the very least against a team averaging in the 30s doesnt make you a great captain, it should be what happens all the time, ashraful would be classed as a genius captain if he was the captain of this team

Personally I think Dhoni is overhyped as a captain.

Anyways, NZ getting whooped. Why are u guys playing on batting pitches. Get something more suited to bowling. Franklin and Mills both got destroyed

nzfan
March 20, 2009, 11:41 PM
Personally I think Dhoni is overhyped as a captain.

Anyways, NZ getting whooped. Why are u guys playing on batting pitches. Get something more suited to bowling. Franklin and Mills both got destroyed

Oh well, getting whipped making batting pitches means india will come back

caching
caching
caching!

MysoreHuli
March 21, 2009, 03:26 AM
Oh well, getting whipped making batting pitches means india will come back

caching
caching
caching!

@nzfan - The bottom line is that the Indians outclassed the NZ team and deserved to be the winners. The NZ is no match to this superior Indian team. All your BCCI control/money/ICL are just lame excuses.

MysoreHuli
March 21, 2009, 03:28 AM
"Afridi is a better striker of the ball than Mccullum. That innings in IPL was a fluke"

Why are these Pakistanis so facinated with Afridi? Yeah he has a strike rate of ovr 100 but I could get that too if I got 7 runs off 6 balls every so often

Afridi isnt wanted in any international team other than Pakistan

Let Mccullum socre a ODI century of just 37 balls, then we all can agree with you.

(Though Afridi is very inconsistent)

nzfan
March 21, 2009, 03:58 AM
@nzfan - The bottom line is that the Indians outclassed the NZ team and deserved to be the winners. The NZ is no match to this superior Indian team. All your BCCI control/money/ICL are just lame excuses.

I never said India wasn't the superior team, they should be. us beating India in a test is like India beating the all blacks in Rugby, we have so many more rugby players to choose from compared to them. So frankly I don't care

It's like the guy with two legs celebrating they beat the retarded guy with no legs in a race

you won't admit it but with the amount of players we have to choose from, we do bloody well as does Australia, but aussie/new zealand sportsman punching above their weight in most sports is nothing new

Afridi could never score that 100 off 37 balls nowadays, he is passed his prime and is taking up a sport a more talented player can occupy

bharat
March 21, 2009, 06:00 PM

Man ..you excuses are getting funnier .If you think that NZ should always loose to a 'superior team' then why play ?

NZ is good side and they can win on their day ..and the Indian team (and fans)respects them.You dont have to keep defending the NZ team and in the process take digs at Dhoni , the Indian team, the fans and BCCI..I havent seen any Indian (in this forum) take a single dig at the NZ team but you keep pushing and prodding us.

ialbd
March 22, 2009, 12:47 AM
hmm was expecting a better contest.... maybe in the 2nd test.....

Achilles
March 23, 2009, 12:23 AM
Yes - if Dhoni is over rated as a captain since he has all these great players around him then I guess, so was Clive Lloyd, Steve Waugh and Ponting. Not to mention Jardine. Yeah all those guys must have been gods since they all had under performing players like Richards, Greenidge, Holding, Hayden, Martyn, Warne etc playing under them. True, true....maybe Dhoni's only problem is that he is an Indian and the rule is that India and Indians cannot do any right and the rest cannot do any wrong!

MysoreHuli
March 23, 2009, 12:31 AM
I never said India wasn't the superior team, they should be. us beating India in a test is like India beating the all blacks in Rugby, we have so many more rugby players to choose from compared to them. So frankly I don't care

It's like the guy with two legs celebrating they beat the retarded guy with no legs in a race

you won't admit it but with the amount of players we have to choose from, we do bloody well as does Australia, but aussie/new zealand sportsman punching above their weight in most sports is nothing new

Afridi could never score that 100 off 37 balls nowadays, he is passed his prime and is taking up a sport a more talented player can occupy

so, whats rugby doing here in the cricket forum, then let me talk about kabbadi and chess and so on....

If u think NZ doesn't have enough players to chose from, whose mistake is it? r the Indians cause for it. Maybe ICC should look into this matter and strip the NZ as a test playing nation until it gets a proper team.

As for Afridi's century, what was / is holding McCullum from repeating it. No talent?

BTW what is Rugby? (sorry for my ignorance, i belong to the Asian bloc)

Zeeshan
March 23, 2009, 01:28 AM
BTW what is Rugby? (sorry for my ignorance, i belong to the Asian bloc)

american football w.out the dandy outfit..

Achilles
March 23, 2009, 05:14 AM
Actually the Kiwi's prefer Rugby to Cricket. They are quite good in it two. Secondly, Rugby is a far older game than American Football - in fact American football was developed from Rugby. Rugby as a game was invented in RUGBY SCHOOL in 1823 (in England) by William Webb Ellis who picked up the ball and ran with it while he was playing soccer. In India Rugby is essentially played in Calcutta and Mumbai. I played while in school (basically the Public schools in India started by the Brits.)

nsd3
March 25, 2009, 07:17 PM
Why is Dhoni not playing in the 2nd test?

One World
March 25, 2009, 08:33 PM
Dhoni must have thought I have done enough, its time for BCCI to provide a raise.

bharat
March 25, 2009, 09:13 PM

Maybe saving himself for the all important IPL

nsd3
March 25, 2009, 09:49 PM
Shehwag captaincy might have some impact, which might just might block India from a series win.

MysoreHuli
March 26, 2009, 12:49 AM
Fantastic batting by NZ batsmen after initial hiccups. Taylor and Ryder whallop the Indian bowling. Can we see a turn around by NZ in this match?

Nocturnal
March 26, 2009, 02:12 AM

Where's Dhoni?
It was surprising to see Virender Sehwag come out in a slightly loose blue blazer as the teams trained around him this morning. MS Dhoni had strained his back, and Sehwag was walking out for the toss. Daniel Vettori won it, talked to Mark Richardson about his line-up, and then walked away. Richardson then turned towards Sehwag and asked a legendary question. "What are you doing here, mate? You're not supposed to be here." :floor:

link (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/current/story/396841.html)

Murad
March 26, 2009, 09:48 PM
wow..what a great innings from the fatty Ryder. He's now averaging over 64. just wow...:bravo:

Mcullum just reached his century.. good innings that one as well..
Vettory also reaching another 50!!

592/6

One World
March 27, 2009, 01:08 AM
Shame On EENDIA.

al Furqaan
March 28, 2009, 12:03 AM
good going by NZ

One World
March 28, 2009, 12:12 AM
Where are the bookies?

Tintin
March 28, 2009, 05:11 AM
There is a huge difference in India's performances in the matches captained by Dhoni. He first captained India against South Africa after India had lost the previous match by an innings and won it. India won the two matches that he captained against Australia while India was lucky not to lose one of the two captained by Kumble, and wasted a 600+ total in the other. And now this.

The fielding also seems to get worse when Dhoni is around. In the 600 run match above India dropped sitter after sitter and allowed Australia to get to 500+. It was the same here.

Dinesh Karthik is worse than Matt Prior. He dropped a dozen catches in the SL series last year but still got picked. This time the drop of Ryder cost nearly 200 runs.

nzfan
March 28, 2009, 05:53 AM
West Indies and NEw Zealand cricket are looking brighter young players are coming through our domestic competition who are among the most talented to ever play for our country....you heard it here first, but I espect kane williamson to play for the black caps eventually

scored 40 not out against bangladesh when they came to new zealand in a tour game when he was 16-17, averages 40 in first class (18 years old at the moment)

Only thing we have to learn is to not throw wickets away all the time, the players have the talent they just throw them away and make average-above average bowlers look like superstars

Nafi
March 28, 2009, 12:41 PM
MS Dhoni had strained his back, and Sehwag was walking out for the toss. Daniel Vettori won it, talked to Mark Richardson about his line-up, and then walked away. Richardson then turned towards Sehwag and asked a legendary question. "What are you doing here, mate? You're not supposed to be here."

Wow well I havent really watched the match closely enough and seen the field settings to make the assertion that sehwag's captaincy has been very bad. But NZ scoring 600 on a normal pitch aint exactly promising for the captain.

And also he failed to score a significant contrbution to the runs. (22+34)=(56 runs)

BANFAN
March 28, 2009, 01:35 PM
What's the point? Shehwag is far far away from matching Dhoni in captaincy. That guy understands his players and when to use whom & where. Got a good understanding of the game.

bharat
March 28, 2009, 11:56 PM
classic Test match batting by India.Quiet proud of them

smashyboy
March 29, 2009, 12:54 AM
This time the drop of Ryder cost nearly 200 runs.

Didn't Dhoni miss two sitters in the first Test?

Nocturnal
March 29, 2009, 02:56 AM
classic Test match batting by India.Quiet proud of them

it is indeed :up:
205 runs in entire Day 4 losing only 1 wicket!
Dravid- 62 off 220
Gambhir - *102 off 290
Sachin- *58 off 113

India still trail by 62 runs with 8 wickets remaining on day 5 but i guess now they have some self believe that they can settle for a DRAW!!

nzfan
March 29, 2009, 03:36 AM
we will find someway to lose this game

we did it against england where we squandered a 150 run lead to be bowled out for 110-120 in the second innings....

bharat
March 29, 2009, 12:53 PM
Bond might be available for Wellington Test !! It would be great to see Bond bowl ...again.It would be a fitting end to a very good series.

Neel Here
March 29, 2009, 01:23 PM
hope he plays !

in other news, siddhart monga does a feature on NZ's injury prone fast bowlers and the causes behind that.
http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/397173.html

of the bowlers mentioned I really missed allot, was really disappointed when he retired, he was such a promising prospect.

btw in the middle of the article you guys will find a study by University of Otago on the subject.
A study by the University of Otago in December 2000, about three months after that Zimbabwe tour, saw a recurrence-rate of 78% in bowlers who had suffered previous breakdowns. Bowlers who had suffered serious injury in the previous two seasons were 2.5 times more likely to have a recurrence of the same injury than those who had remained uninjured in that time. And 61% of the injuries occurred within the first month of the cricket season, including all spinal stress fractures, which were 14% of total injuries. Graeme Nuttridge, who worked with the New Zealand board at the time, and was also one of the researchers, pointed out how the high rate of injury in the first month of competition suggested that injured bowlers were probably returning too early.
time perhaps for BD university statisticians to do a similar study on ills afflicting BD cricket, failing which BC members should do it. :smug:
the money ball thread is a good beginning.

Murad
March 29, 2009, 05:23 PM
Martin removes the danger man (Tendu) early. Game is on!!!

al Furqaan
March 29, 2009, 06:36 PM
it would be great if bond is back and able to play a few more years...

Nocturnal
March 30, 2009, 12:03 AM
Match drawn
New Zealand 619/9d
India 305 & 476/4 (180.0 ov)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><td>
</td> <td colspan="3">India 2nd innings (following on)</td> <td align="right">R</td> <td align="right">M</td> <td align="right">B</td> <td align="right">4s</td> <td align="right">6s</td> <td align="right">SR</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">G Gambhir (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28763.html)</td> <td width="246">lbw b Patel</td> <td align="right">137</td> <td align="right">642</td> <td align="right">436</td> <td align="right">18</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">31.42</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/captain.gif</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">V Sehwag (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/35263.html)</td> <td width="246">lbw b Patel</td> <td align="right">22</td> <td align="right">42</td> <td align="right">21</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">104.76</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">R Dravid (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28114.html)</td> <td width="246">c How b Vettori</td> <td align="right">62</td> <td align="right">241</td> <td align="right">220</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">28.18</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">SR Tendulkar (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/35320.html)</td> <td width="246">c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifMcCullum b Martin</td> <td align="right">64</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">131</td> <td align="right">9</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">48.85</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">VVS Laxman (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/30750.html)</td> <td width="246">not out</td> <td align="right">124</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">212</td> <td align="right">25</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">58.49</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">Yuvraj Singh (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/36084.html)</td> <td width="246">not out</td> <td align="right">54</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">63</td> <td align="right">10</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">85.71</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;"> Extras</td> <td>(b 9, lb 1, nb 3)</td> <td align="right">13</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#000000">http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;"> Total</td> <td>(4 wickets; 180 overs)</td> <td align="right">476</td> <td colspan="5" align="center">(2.64 runs per over)</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="620"> <tbody><tr> <td>Did not bat http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifKD Karthik (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/30045.html), Harbhajan Singh (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/29264.html), Z Khan (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/30102.html), I Sharma (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/236779.html), MM Patel (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/32965.html) </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Fall of wickets1-30 (Sehwag, 9.2 ov), 2-163 (Dravid, 72.2 ov), 3-260 (Tendulkar, 111.3 ov), 4-356 (Gambhir, 159.4 ov) (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/engine/match/386496.html?innings=3;view=fow;wrappertype=mainfra me)

MysoreHuli
March 30, 2009, 12:32 AM
Good fightback the Indian team to draw this game.

ialbd
March 30, 2009, 12:54 AM
its hard to get a batting line up like India twice (2 innings)....
nonetheless well played NZ...

Surfer
April 2, 2009, 05:41 PM
Sehwag is firing. Spoiling what could have been a great start for NZ. They are getting good movement, but Sehwag is just being himself.

al Furqaan
April 2, 2009, 10:19 PM
nice collapse by the indians. 165-2 to 206-6...if NZ can get them out within 300 and if guys like macintosh and guptill score some runs, then it will be a good contest and hopefully a drawn series.

Neel Here
April 3, 2009, 12:34 AM
89.3 O'Brien to Patel, 1 run, the slower one on the middle and leg, pushed away to the on side. They want a single, the batsman collide with each other but Ian O'Brien stumbles and falls. Actually, Ishant also stumbled a bit as his bat collided with O'Brien and both went off balance. Comedy of errors here.
:lol:

india 375/9 at stumps. they have scored 73 for 2 wickets off the last 10 overs !

Nocturnal
April 3, 2009, 01:11 AM
losing the toss and batting first at Basin Reserve is not easy where avg. first innings total is around 320 runs. 204/6 to 375/9 in Day One (4.16 runs per over) is pretty good IMO.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><td colspan="3">India 1st innings</td> <td align="right">R</td> <td align="right">M</td> <td align="right">B</td> <td align="right">4s</td> <td align="right">6s</td> <td align="right">SR</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">G Gambhir (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28763.html)</td> <td width="246">lbw b Franklin</td> <td align="right">23</td> <td align="right">79</td> <td align="right">47</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">48.93</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">V Sehwag (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/35263.html)</td> <td width="246">c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifMcCullum b O'Brien</td> <td align="right">48</td> <td align="right">71</td> <td align="right">51</td> <td align="right">7</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">94.11</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">R Dravid (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28114.html)</td> <td width="246">c Franklin b Martin</td> <td align="right">35</td> <td align="right">183</td> <td align="right">114</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">30.70</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">SR Tendulkar (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/35320.html)</td> <td width="246">c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifMcCullum b Martin</td> <td align="right">62</td> <td align="right">107</td> <td align="right">85</td> <td align="right">11</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">72.94</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">VVS Laxman (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/30750.html)</td> <td width="246">c McIntosh b Southee</td> <td align="right">4</td> <td align="right">23</td> <td align="right">16</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">25.00</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">Yuvraj Singh (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/36084.html)</td> <td width="246">lbw b Ryder</td> <td align="right">9</td> <td align="right">10</td> <td align="right">12</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">75.00</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/captain.gifhttp://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gif</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">MS Dhoni (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/28081.html)</td> <td width="246">c O'Brien b Southee</td> <td align="right">52</td> <td align="right">104</td> <td align="right">89</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">58.42</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">Harbhajan Singh (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/29264.html)</td> <td width="246">c Vettori b Martin</td> <td align="right">60</td> <td align="right">101</td> <td align="right">78</td> <td align="right">7</td> <td align="right">1</td> <td align="right">76.92</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">Z Khan (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/30102.html)</td> <td width="246">c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifMcCullum b O'Brien</td> <td align="right">33</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">23</td> <td align="right">6</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">143.47</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">I Sharma (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/236779.html)</td> <td width="246">not out</td> <td align="right">15</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">21</td> <td align="right">2</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">71.42</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2" align="right">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;" width="192">MM Patel (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/content/player/32965.html)</td> <td width="246">not out</td> <td align="right">14</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">11</td> <td align="right">3</td> <td align="right">0</td> <td align="right">127.27</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="2">
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;"> Extras</td> <td>(b 2, lb 8, w 3, nb 7)</td> <td align="right">20</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td align="right">
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> <td style="white-space: nowrap;"> Total</td> <td>(9 wickets; 90 overs)</td> <td align="right">375</td> <td colspan="5" align="center">(4.16 runs per over)</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Fall of wickets1-73 (Sehwag, 15.3 ov), 2-75 (Gambhir, 16.6 ov), 3-165 (Tendulkar, 42.5 ov), 4-173 (Laxman, 48.3 ov), 5-182 (Yuvraj Singh, 51.3 ov), 6-204 (Dravid, 58.1 ov), 7-283 (Dhoni, 76.6 ov), 8-315 (Harbhajan Singh, 82.1 ov), 9-347 (Khan, 85.6 ov) (http://content.cricinfo.com/nzvind2009/engine/match/366629.html?innings=1;view=fow;wrappertype=mainfra me)

MysoreHuli
April 3, 2009, 03:57 AM
If not for the tailenders, India would have been in a bit of bother. A chance to put up a good score on a goopd pitch is lost by India's top order. Nevertheless 375 is still a competitive score.

Rabz
April 3, 2009, 04:07 AM
I'm mighty glad to see the way Kiwis had fought back in this series.
Everybody would have written them off at the beginning and after the first test match, bu they have bounced back with great effect in the 2nd test and hope they continue to do so in this test as well.

I hope they win this test match and level the series. It would the world to NZ Cricket.

nzfan
April 3, 2009, 04:10 AM
I'm mighty glad to see the way Kiwis had fought back in this series.
Everybody would have written them off at the beginning and after the first test match, bu they have bounced back with great effect in the 2nd test and hope they continue to do so in this test as well.

I hope they win this test match and level the series. It would the world to NZ Cricket.

and world cricket, cricket needs the west indies, new zealand and Bangladesh doing well

BANFAN
April 3, 2009, 06:52 AM
NZ First innings with bat will be crucial. Waiting impatiently to see them bat and more importantly put up a good total. Go KIWI's ....

Bowling isn't particularly India's strength.

Murad
April 3, 2009, 05:15 PM
India allout for 379!!

Let's see how NZ bat in this innings....

One World
April 3, 2009, 06:15 PM
Dhoni catches Flynn, turmoil for NZ. Drinks On.

One World
April 3, 2009, 08:20 PM
Ryder gone, 98/3.

One World
April 3, 2009, 08:24 PM
Now things are depending on Mccullum and Vettori.

bharat
April 3, 2009, 11:27 PM
Bowling isn't particularly India's strength.

Unfair comment man ...Indian seamers have outbowled the Aussies,Eng,SL and now NZ .But again I will wait for the rest of the world to accept that the Indians have the (second)best bowling attack

Neel Here
April 4, 2009, 12:17 AM
well if a "weak" bowling attack can bowl out a side in a day on a batting wicket, it should be good enough for them. ;)

Nocturnal
April 4, 2009, 01:06 AM
Zahir gets fifer- 5-65!! Well done.
NZ first innings all out - 197
Ind second innigs 51/1
India lead by 233 runs with 9 wickets remaining
Stumps - Day 2

nzfan
April 4, 2009, 01:30 AM
Cant say india outbowled us , how would this Indian attack fair against their own batsmen? Not very well We collapsed predictably, the way we batted today most other bowling line ups would of gotten us out. Test class we are not and never will be

Chris Martin smacking Bhajji over his head for 4 though was a highlight

nycpro96
April 4, 2009, 10:35 AM
zaheer with a five for. hoping to see zaheer like this regularly.

bharat
April 4, 2009, 12:11 PM
. Test class we are not and never will be

NZ according to me has immense potential even in tests.Ryder and Tylor are (will be) world beaters .Brendon might make it into the Indian Test team (at the expense of Dhoni) .The same with Vettori.

Give Guptil some time and he will be a good player (not an opener but a good Middle order batsmen).

Martin and O'Brien are average but close to Test class and do thier assigned job

The problem lies with the rest .The rest of the team are passengers.You cant have a good Test team with players who make up the numbers.The problem lies at the Top.Machintosh might be the worst opener I have ever seen !! Franklin seems to be confused of his role .(Oram and Styris would have been much better) .Hove/Flynn ..havent looked comfortable and Southee doesnt belong to Test cricket .Miller looked completely lost and did not justify this hype (may be an injury)

Sort out these 4 and NZ is a good team.Again 20-20 or ODI's are a different matter.NZ might just be the dark horse to win the WC this time around

Neel Here
April 4, 2009, 12:23 PM
don't agree nzfan at all, in addition to what bharat said, jeetan patel looked a mighty fine bower to me, may not be a super talent but really intelligent and has good control.
he would be a real handful in the sub-continent come WC.

right now these look world class to me.

mc cullum (wk batsman)
vettori (bowling all rounder)
patel (good spinner)
ryder (very talented bat)
taylor (do)
guptill (decent opener)
martin and o'brien (decent pacers)
flynn looks to be a good test player, he just needs more time.

oram and styris are also there. NZ just needs to find a good opener and one penetrating quickie, if bond comes back.........

Surfer
April 4, 2009, 10:35 PM
If weather does not interfere, India will win this series 2-0. Otherwise 1-0.

One World
April 4, 2009, 10:47 PM
Initially I did not like MSD much, but honor should be given when its due. He is really a cool customer and I feel happy that India were able to mitigate all senior-junior clashes under his leadership. Only if Pakis could do that as well.

Always Subcontinental teams get my preference right after Windies. :)

Neel Here
April 4, 2009, 11:29 PM
anyone watched mccullum's catch to dismiss dravid ??
it was sensational, the stuff legends are made off ! :wow:
what reading !

Surfer
April 5, 2009, 12:08 AM
anyone watched mccullum's catch to dismiss dravid ??
it was sensational, the stuff legends are made off ! :wow:
what reading !

I havent seen that, but I hear he anticipated a deflection and took an almost impossible catch?

He is a very good keeper-batsman.

Surfer
April 5, 2009, 12:10 AM
India now have a lead in excess of 500 with still half the wickets intact. I would assume 4 sessions will be enough to knock out 10 NZ batsmen.

Nocturnal
April 5, 2009, 01:45 AM
Stumps - Day 3
India 379 & 349/5 (97.5 ov)
New Zealand 197
India lead by 531 runs with 5 wickets remaining

nycpro96
April 5, 2009, 07:24 PM
need a link

Neel Here
April 5, 2009, 09:01 PM
there you go.

http://ind-v-nzl.blogspot.com/
(this site also generates links to other matches)

http://www.crictime.com/

Surfer
April 5, 2009, 10:45 PM
136/4 at tea on day 4. Only rain can save the match for NZ.

nzfan
April 6, 2009, 01:39 AM
Dravid now has the most catches, I wonder how many fleming would of had by now had he not retired as he had close to 0.9 catches per innings and had 171 catches

auntu
April 6, 2009, 12:23 PM
Franklin and Teylor were looking very solid at the end of the day. Still as long as NZ will play Franklin as a specialist batsman sends me the feelings of NZ's batting weakness.

nzfan
April 6, 2009, 05:06 PM
Franklin is better than you think, he topped the batting averages in the domestic game, give him time and he will come good you can't judge a guys ability after 3-4 games.

If that was the case many a world class player would never have made it to where they are

Zeeshan
April 6, 2009, 05:36 PM
thnx a lot nzfan for debumping my newly creat'ed thread. :mad:

Anyhoo New Zealand gonna lose, it's as sure as BD-on-banana-peel collapse....

al Furqaan
April 11, 2009, 05:12 PM
ishant's first series in NZ, did poorer than rajib did last year...

MysoreHuli
April 13, 2009, 10:27 PM
ishant's first series in NZ, did poorer than rajib did last year...

btw who won that series?

nzfan
April 13, 2009, 10:35 PM
btw who won that series?

Why does it matter that new zealand won that series?

Ishant was just a passenger in the line up, only bhajji and zaheer did anything

MysoreHuli
April 13, 2009, 11:20 PM
Why does it matter that new zealand won that series?

Ishant was just a passenger in the line up, only bhajji and zaheer did anything

I just asked who won the series? ur are on a trip of ur own.....