PDA

View Full Version : "Best new ball pair in the world..."

al Furqaan
February 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
surprising comment from Javagal Srinath...he actually thinks the duo of zaheer can and ishant sharma is the best new ball pair in the world.

admittedly, they form the spearheard of a very envious indian pace attack, but rank them ahead of steyn and ntini (or morkel) or even johnson and lee (who is out of form i guess) is quite propesterous, IMO.

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2009, 06:17 PM
Best new ball pair in the world: Mortaza and Rasel. Beat that.

Akib
February 18, 2009, 06:30 PM
surprising comment from Javagal Srinath...he actually thinks the duo of zaheer can and ishant sharma is the best new ball pair in the world.

admittedly, they form the spearheard of a very envious indian pace attack, but rank them ahead of steyn and ntini (or morkel) or even johnson and lee (who is out of form i guess) is quite propesterous, IMO.

Id say their ahead of johnson and lee, BUT not even close to steyn and ntini. As soon as India loses a few games, they'll be calling for them to be dropped.

al Furqaan
February 18, 2009, 06:44 PM
Best new ball pair in the world: Mortaza and Rasel. Beat that.

Mash and Rasel are indeed the best opening pair in ODI cricket...

Zak and Ishant couldn't dream of bowling as tightly as they can in the first 10 overs, plus mash and rasel can also take the odd wicket or 2 as well.

al Furqaan
February 18, 2009, 06:45 PM
Id say their ahead of johnson and lee, BUT not even close to steyn and ntini. As soon as India loses a few games, they'll be calling for them to be dropped.

lee still has a better test average and strike rate than either ishant or zak over the course of his ENTIRE career...he's just out of form. don't get me wrong, lee is not that good, but he's still damn good. ishant has the potential to be better, but at the moment, all he has is a single 5 wicket haul in his career...by comparison shahadat has twice that many...

bharat
February 18, 2009, 07:28 PM
My Take ..
From recent memory ..

They were better than SL and Aus in Australia in the CB series
They were not better than SA in India
They were better than Eng. in India
They were better than Pak,BD,SL in the Tri series and the Asia cup
They were better than the Aussies in India
They were better than SL in SL both in the Test as well as the recent ODI's

I have to see them against NZ and WI ..but if you were to ask me it is (last one year)

1.SA (both are in form)
daylight
2.India (both are in form)
3.Pak(Gul is amazing ..but needs Asif badly )
4.Australia (Bracken is great in ODI's and Johnson in Tests but lacks the combination)
5.SL (except against the Indians Kulasekara has been great.. no support at the other end)
6.England ( Flintoff needs support, Board is good )
7.BD (Mash is woefully alone ..)

I did not include NZ and WI as I have not seen them first hand in last year.

But nothing wrong for an ex-Indian seamer to root for his team especially when they are not too far off from the top team.Mind you Zaheer was the ICC bowler (was he ?) this year and Sharma is easily in the top 5.More improtantly they both are in form and without injuries.Only the SA bolwers are lucky to be inform and

AsifTheManRahman
February 18, 2009, 07:42 PM
I actually kinda like Johnson - he could be the real deal: the ideal candidate to fill the void left by the retirement of the Pigeon, at least in the long run. He may not be as great, but certainly has the potential to become an able replacement.

Indian pace-bowling has come a long way over the years, perhaps thanks to MRF?

RazabQ
February 18, 2009, 07:55 PM
Indian pace-bowling has come a long way over the years, perhaps thanks to MRF?You think? ;)

Actually, it's also probably more meat in the average Indian diet too that's contributing.

SS
February 18, 2009, 08:49 PM
You think? ;)

Actually, it's also probably more meat in the average Indian diet too that's contributing.

Could be, but there is something else...I think their role model has been changed and people started to think bowling fast...their league system also revamped to encourage new comers bowling fast

SS
February 18, 2009, 08:50 PM
Mash and Rasel are indeed the best opening pair in ODI cricket...

Zak and Ishant couldn't dream of bowling as tightly as they can in the first 10 overs, plus mash and rasel can also take the odd wicket or 2 as well.

Not sure if BCB taking care of Rasel and giving him proper training and facilities to recover...indeed they were great ODI pair...miss his presence a lot.

Rabz
February 19, 2009, 04:48 AM
He is just trying to make some noise..thats all.
Nothing into it.

The current indian team is certainly a very good one and IMO, the top 3 spots in world cricket are being contested by SA, Aus and India atm.

But calling their new ball pair the best is far stretching.
SA takes that mantle right now.
Soon they'd be the team to beat, the magical chair will take a turn but would still remain in the southern hemisphere.

nycpro96
February 19, 2009, 10:09 AM
mortaza and rasel in ODI

al Furqaan
February 19, 2009, 12:48 PM
My Take ..
From recent memory ..

They were better than SL and Aus in Australia in the CB series
They were not better than SA in India
They were better than Eng. in India
They were better than Pak,BD,SL in the Tri series and the Asia cup
They were better than the Aussies in India
They were better than SL in SL both in the Test as well as the recent ODI's

I have to see them against NZ and WI ..but if you were to ask me it is (last one year)

1.SA (both are in form)
daylight
2.India (both are in form)
3.Pak(Gul is amazing ..but needs Asif badly )
4.Australia (Bracken is great in ODI's and Johnson in Tests but lacks the combination)
5.SL (except against the Indians Kulasekara has been great.. no support at the other end)
6.England ( Flintoff needs support, Board is good )
7.BD (Mash is woefully alone ..)

I did not include NZ and WI as I have not seen them first hand in last year.

But nothing wrong for an ex-Indian seamer to root for his team especially when they are not too far off from the top team.Mind you Zaheer was the ICC bowler (was he ?) this year and Sharma is easily in the top 5.More improtantly they both are in form and without injuries.Only the SA bolwers are lucky to be inform and

gul and zaheer are massively over-hyped IMO. both are good, with gul having quite a SR, but still overhyped. asif on the other hand seems to be a bona fide genius. too bad he's a bona fide retard off the field...

asides from jerome taylor's heroics, i'd prolly rate our fast bowlers as being equavalent to theirs. the kiwi attack also doesn't look too threatening, although southee has loads of potential. but somehow guys like mills and martin have low 30 averages, which is phenomenol yet completely unheralded, yet a mid-30 average from zaheer khan has him being 50% of the "best new ball pair" in the world.

there's nothign wrong with rooting for your guys, but that comment from srinath is akin to me saying that sakib al hasan is the best spinner in the world. based purely on numbers, that statement makes more sense than srinath's.

Akib
February 19, 2009, 01:20 PM
gul and zaheer are massively over-hyped IMO. both are good, with gul having quite a SR, but still overhyped. asif on the other hand seems to be a bona fide genius. too bad he's a bona fide retard off the field...

asides from jerome taylor's heroics, i'd prolly rate our fast bowlers as being equavalent to theirs. the kiwi attack also doesn't look too threatening, although southee has loads of potential. but somehow guys like mills and martin have low 30 averages, which is phenomenol yet completely unheralded, yet a mid-30 average from zaheer khan has him being 50% of the "best new ball pair" in the world.

there's nothign wrong with rooting for your guys, but that comment from srinath is akin to me saying that sakib al hasan is the best spinner in the world. based purely on numbers, that statement makes more sense than srinath's.

Unfortunatly, our pace depends solely on Mash. He has played well recently, but when hes out of form, we have no one.

Nadim
February 19, 2009, 01:26 PM
Unfortunatly, our pace depends solely on Mash. He has played well recently, but when hes out of form, we have no one.

Shahdat Hossain:lol:lol:

how can u forget him? he can bowl bouncer with 115kph regularly:lol:

bujhee kom
February 19, 2009, 06:19 PM
arey bhai srinath bhai, what is today a new ball pair will someday soon become a pair of old balls!
everything on earth eventually gets old, soft and slow!

Akib
February 19, 2009, 06:26 PM

Clearly Shahadat will carry our pace team to glory.......

al Furqaan
February 19, 2009, 09:21 PM

unfortunately when rajib was in form...mash had 0 wickets whilst rajib grabbed 12 at under 20 apiece. that too against the best side in the world, RSA.

hopefully rajib gets his form back, showed some promise in his last innings, and rubel or sajidul steps up as a solid 3rd seamer. what we need is a solid 3rd seamer...

al Furqaan
February 19, 2009, 09:24 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9t1l3-vCGZ8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9t1l3-vCGZ8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

clearly rajib is not bowling at his natural pace...in fact up until the SA series last spring, he hit 140k on every series he played in...the coach's must be retooling his game, hence his lack of form.

though he was only reaching 125 k against RSA...i think it was speed gun error. we've been having crappy speed guns at home for a while now.

djnaved
February 20, 2009, 03:36 PM

nah bro it should be 105kph....lol

steyn gun and makhamakhi antenna(ntini)

Spitfire_x86
February 20, 2009, 03:52 PM
but somehow guys like mills and martin have low 30 averages, which is phenomenol yet completely unheralded, yet a mid-30 average from zaheer khan has him being 50% of the "best new ball pair" in the world.
Because they play 50% of their matches at NZ pitches and Zaheer plays 50% of his matches in Indian pitches.

patriot
February 20, 2009, 04:59 PM
Ishanth Sharma is the real deal. He has the height ,pace and an ugly hairstyle to compliment his deadly inswingiing deliveries that exposed flaws in Ponting's technique.He is certainly the best we have in the sub-continent right now.

Zaheer Khan is over-rated and average. Ask Tamim Iqbal.

I would rather have Zaheer/Ishanth bowling at me in the nets for 10 overs than face a single Dale Steyn over.He's from a different planet altogether and the entire Indian Bowling line-up (add the bench) combined would fail to deliver what Dale Steyn could single handedly do to opposition Batsman.

simon
February 21, 2009, 06:31 AM
Well you can find best of the batting pairs in this Ind team but surely there is nothing
threatening from the indian bwlng attack.
I think Bd scored best against Ind than against any other top team.Apart from the fast bwlng I would say our SAkib & Razzaq spin pair should be the best.

Lahoriyah
February 21, 2009, 11:01 AM
lmaoo

Rifat
February 21, 2009, 11:23 AM
you guys are forgetting:

India has improved A LOT in the last year, especially in their bowling department, so if i were you, i wouldn't dismiss them so lightly before facinng "best new ball pair in the world" in T20 World Cup 2009!

India: team to watch out!

our Mash Rasel combo isn't too bad either, but i will not hurt anyone's feeelings(including mine) there have been a few instances where the opposition scored 300+ runs against our Razzak+Shakib+Rafiq+Rasel+Mash! one such example is World Cup 2007: Group Stage match against Sri Lanka!

Rifat
February 21, 2009, 11:25 AM
Clearly Shahadat will carry our pace team to glory.......

in two years, after IMPROVED bowling technique, why not?

Dhruvo
February 21, 2009, 02:09 PM
That is a bit over exaggerated . I agree that india's pace attack has improved but it doesnt beat SA's combo. I wonder what would've happened if we had that rasel of WC07 and the Mash of today , followed by that rubel in his debut as the 3rd pacer, razzak of WC07 and sakib of today. That would be a magnificent scene.

al Furqaan
February 21, 2009, 11:21 PM
mash and rasel can be the best "new ball pair" in ODIs if they stay together and healthy.

its still a stretch to refer to razzak and sakib as the best spinners especially if murali and mendis get their form back.

ishant and zaheer are good, and the best india's ever had, but to call them the best in the world is waaaaay over the top. its one to thing to say india's best ever, or india has improved, but quite another to say best in the world...which implies being better than steyn and ntini.

think about this way, steyn ripped the best batting side in the world (india) for a paltry 76 in india...could ishant of zaheer have done that? no.

smashyboy
February 22, 2009, 05:31 PM
think about this way, steyn ripped the best batting side in the world (india) for a paltry 76 in india...could ishant of zaheer have done that? no.

Sreesanth bowled SA in SA out for 84.

Rifat
February 22, 2009, 05:46 PM

you mean this to be precise?

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/249215.html

bharat
February 22, 2009, 06:51 PM
you mean this to be precise?

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/249215.html

Sreeshant would have been the perfect foil for Zaheer and Ishant instead of Muanf or Balaji.

Fast bowlers are prone to injuries and India needs to nurture Sreeshant if one of the two (zak and Sharma) were to be injured.I cant see Balaji nor Munaf lead the Indian attack if there is an injury to the two.They can be support bowlers at best.

al Furqaan
February 22, 2009, 07:05 PM

in SA pacy wickets is one thing, in India is something else...steyn did it in india, inside 1 session.

also, judging from the totals, highest being SA's 4th innins 278, it was quite sporting track...of course steyn didn't even bowl in the 2nd innings.

the ahmedabad test, SA racked up 500-7 on the same pitch in the same day as the 76 all out.

JonBain
February 22, 2009, 07:07 PM
Great thread. Steyn and Ntini are on top of the stats from what I remember.
The SA team has the best bowling average, about 5 runs per wicket better than the next best;
which is about 50 runs per innings.

Could I extend the idea to the best new ball pair ever?

I can never decide if its Wasim and Waqar, or Ambrose and Walsh.
If its cloudy W&W were probably better as swing-bowlers.

Akib
February 22, 2009, 07:13 PM
Great thread. Steyn and Ntini are on top of the stats from what I remember.
The SA team has the best bowling average, about 5 runs per wicket better than the next best;
which is about 50 runs per innings.

Could I extend the idea to the best new ball pair ever?

I can never decide if its Wasim and Waqar, or Ambrose and Walsh.
If its cloudy W&W were probably better as swing-bowlers.

I'd go with Wasim and Waqar over Ambrose and Walsh in any conditions.

BANFAN
February 23, 2009, 06:47 AM
At the moment, Probably SA Pair will be on top. Dayle-Ntini

nycpro96
February 24, 2009, 05:25 PM
Though the spinning pair of Razzak and Shakib is deadly.

CholCholBD
February 25, 2009, 05:14 AM
Best NEW ball pair...if that is so then...KKR...Ishant Sharma & Mashrafe Mortaza

Huda
February 27, 2009, 03:55 PM
unfortunately when rajib was in form...mash had 0 wickets whilst rajib grabbed 12 at under 20 apiece. that too against the best side in the world, RSA.

hopefully rajib gets his form back, showed some promise in his last innings, and rubel or sajidul steps up as a solid 3rd seamer. what we need is a solid 3rd seamer...

Yes you keep stating these stats about Rajib and there all from two tests against RSA. Where has he been the rest of the time? I agree he is talented and what he did in those two tests with the reverse swing was phenomal but he has lost his way since then more than just losing form. Hopefully the lankan bowling coach can rectify this. His economy also needs improving.

al Furqaan
March 9, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yes you keep stating these stats about Rajib and there all from two tests against RSA. Where has he been the rest of the time? I agree he is talented and what he did in those two tests with the reverse swing was phenomal but he has lost his way since then more than just losing form. Hopefully the lankan bowling coach can rectify this. His economy also needs improving.

agree about it being more than him losing his form...but look at this way. even with a dodgy econ rate, his average is closer to mash's than say a tapash or a talha. we speak so highly of mash, yet mash's average is barely higher than rajib's. mortaza is not a complete fast bowler in test terms...he's basically just a new ball bowler, who can bowl the odd spell looking more troubling than wasim or pigeon, but would fade to look like mohammad sami the rest of the innings.

but just look at rajib's stats from his debut in may 2005 up to last october before the NZ series...

http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/56149.html?class=1;spanmax1=01+oct+2008;spanmin1=2 6+may+2005;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bow ling

his average of 36.69 was better than anyone the Windies have, maybe barring taylor. his average was similar to Zaheer Khan's, etc. his strike rate was phenomenal @ 52 balls per wicket.

bear in mind these stats are compiled over a 3 year period and including 15 test matches, so its not that one or two matches are skewing the numbers.

and if exclude that debut match against england, his stats look even better, average drops to 34, strike rate just above 50. what other BD pacer has ever achieved that, mash included, over such a lengthy period???

hopefully ramanyake can work the same magic with him as with mash and others.

CholCholBD
March 9, 2009, 12:49 PM
Furqaan makes a compelling case for Rajib statiscally..but like i say...i only believe what I see and what i see is not the Rajib I want to see.

He will improve and he will be back and he should be a force but I need to see it and feel it when he bowls and I need to see the fear in the batsman's eyes to confirm that. I dont see it now and I will be waiting to see it.

al Furqaan
March 9, 2009, 04:31 PM
Furqaan makes a compelling case for Rajib statiscally..but like i say...i only believe what I see and what i see is not the Rajib I want to see.

He will improve and he will be back and he should be a force but I need to see it and feel it when he bowls and I need to see the fear in the batsman's eyes to confirm that. I dont see it now and I will be waiting to see it.

i agree, its unrealistic ad inifinitum to see him bowl like he did against SA again...that was a SICK series he had. but he could at least bowl like he did in NZ where he was qutie troubling to almost all the batsman most of the time.

he needs to work on a number of things:

1) reverse swing consistently...this is key. use that old ball.

2) a slower ball and a yorker...in fact forget about the bouncer, unless u bowl 150 k bouncers they are very low yield.

3) get your overall econ rate down to 3.5 from here on out. that is still expensive, altho nowadays batsman are so attacking.

if rajib does all that he can be a guy who can average 33 instead of 43, and his strike rate will be in the mid to high 50s instead of the low 60s.

al Furqaan
March 25, 2009, 09:51 PM
again, new ball does all the damage...23-3 were NZ...before taylor and ryder rode all up on that ____

i think srinath meant to add the corollary "worst old ball pair".

seriously though, i wonder what the average disparity is old vs new balls, if you factor out tail enders and nightwatchman.

Neel Here
March 26, 2009, 10:38 AM
again, new ball does all the damage...23-3 were NZ...before taylor and ryder rode all up on that ____

seriously though, i wonder what the average disparity is old vs new balls, if you factor out tail enders and nightwatchman.

cricket guru, not to take this beyond a point, but in test matches IS/ZK pair is a much better old ball bowling pair than new ball one, the recent series(what's the plural of series ? :hairpull:) against oz and SL bear testimony to that.

remember that this was first day on a batting wicket against a batsman against whom these players haven't yet figured how to bowl (ryder). also, the ball used, viz. kokkaburra loses much of its shape and seam after 10-20 overs, unlike the SG or duke balls used in sub-continent and england .

to bowl well with old bowl you need it to be scruffed on one side so that it can reverse swing, fat chance of that happening on the first day batting pitch in the climes of NZ. :-D

RazabQ
March 26, 2009, 01:08 PM
Ntini & Steyn are by some distance the best right now. Akram & Waqar are prolly the best pair all time. If nothing else, at their peak they captured the imagination like no other fast bowling pair ever did.

bharat
March 26, 2009, 04:25 PM

Thats being too harsh on the Indian pair.Infact on the contrary I think the Indian pair is the best with old ball (new ball I think they are 2nd or 3rd).

Coming to this performance ...

1.This is a belter of a Pitch.This pitch will put the Pak-SL series to shame..worse than an ODI pitch.

2.Coming to the Old ball ...the pitch combined with the lush outfield (no abration on the ball) and the Kokabura leave no chance for reverse swing.

This game is going to be a disgrace to Test cricket ..unless the batsmen is incompetent (like How and Machintosh) I cant see how the batsmen can get out !!

I guess NZ understands that it cant compete with India on a sporting pitch (in bowling or batting) and I guess they took the easy route..Actually this is typical of the subcontinent teams (India,Pak and SL) who were guilty of producing belters to counter a ravaging touring team.

nzfan
March 26, 2009, 04:34 PM
good to see that you watched the match Bharat, because Macintosh was given out caught behind when he didn't even hit it

Learn what you are talking about before you comment please, and your bowlers are crap, they are nowhere near the aussie or saffer bowlers, 1 billion people and you can't produce any good seam bowlers

bharat
March 26, 2009, 05:39 PM
good to see that you watched the match Bharat, because Macintosh was given out caught behind when he didn't even hit it

Learn what you are talking about before you comment please, and your bowlers are crap, they are nowhere near the aussie or saffer bowlers, 1 billion people and you can't produce any good seam bowlers

:)now take refuge with the saffers and the aussies ..maybe I should take refugee with the Pak fast bowlers ...

Grow up man ...keep on calling the Indians crap while we take the series L-) .Oh ..wait we are a Billion people right so we should not be happy with the win.

P.S --Last Test this crap bowling attack took 20 wickets within 150 overs while the non-crap team managed to take 10 wickets ..but again its 3 Million vs 1 Billon so no big deal ! Then why Play ? India should stick to playing China while NZ should play against Papua New Guinea
<!--"/*"/*--><!--tro2--><SCRIPT>if(document.getElementById('gdst')){document.write ('<script src="/webjs/dsk.js"></scr'+'ipt>');}</SCRIPT>

Rifat
March 26, 2009, 07:02 PM
*Rifat acting as a psuedo moderator :D*

guys, chill! :)

nzfan and Bharat

as myself, Rifat

Zeeshan
March 26, 2009, 08:25 PM
Pollock was deadly along with his partner (most prolly Klusener) during SL, Pak & SAF series around 96/97...

What about Ambrose and Walsh?

Zunaid
March 26, 2009, 10:00 PM
Pollock was deadly along with his partner (most prolly Klusener) during SL, Pak & SAF series around 96/97...

Does it have to be a pair?

What about Roberts, Garner, Holding and Marshall?

Neel Here
March 26, 2009, 10:07 PM

if you were a bit more attentive you might have noticed that mcintosh had nicked one much earlier.

coming to all time best ODI opening pairs,(actually that's a bit misleading, frequently the best 3 fast bowlers in a side share the honour)

not in that order :

wasim and waqar
mcgrath and whoever his partner was on that day, mostly gillespie
others I missed

GB, really don't remember how anbrose/walsh bowled in tandem in ODIs, care to remind us a bit ?

Zeeshan
March 26, 2009, 10:31 PM
GB, really don't remember how anbrose/walsh bowled in tandem in ODIs, care to remind us a bit ?

i was actually asking.. because i dont remember either...sketchy memory.

layperson
March 27, 2009, 12:25 AM
Razab bhai has invented a new machine by which he goes into my head and steals my ideas. Even before I read through all the posts I was thinking presently the best new ball pair is Steyn and Ntini and the all time best new ball pair would be Waqar and Wasim. Lo and behold I find the exact same choice and wording I was thinking about in razab bhai's post. If I find this again you will hear from my lawyer very soon. :)The wasim akram delivery in the 92 world cup around the wicket to botham, which nipped in to take the off stump while he was leaving the ball is still the best ball I have seen being bowled by a fast bowler. The best ever bowler has to be shane warnefrom a personal POV and the best delivery is the ball he got gatting out round the legs. That was a cult delivery at that time because I dont think anyone had seen anything like that before and the blond pervert was so good he repeated that act sesveral times throughout his career later on.

One World
March 27, 2009, 01:36 AM

Peace be upon us. Amen.

nzfan
March 27, 2009, 02:24 AM
Last I checked the best bowling team wouldnt let the number 8 team score 619, but I forgot they aren't

Pitch must of turned into a minefield to have sehwag etc out "sarcasm" Indian fans were claiming india would score 1000 in this innings

RazabQ
March 27, 2009, 01:15 PM
As mod: NZ fan, chillax :) You don't have to be so aggressive in your choice of words.

As myself: LP, heh heh. Z bhai, we are specifically discussing opening bowling pair. Obviously that holy quartet of pacers was a once in a century thing if not eternity. For me, an opening pair has to be incisive no matter what the conditions.

Beamer
March 27, 2009, 01:38 PM
When fit, I like the English pair(s). How can one discount Freddie Flintoff? He is as good with the old and the new ball. He is the best fast bowler. I am personally biased here.

Zunaid
March 27, 2009, 01:53 PM

Rethinking your offering. ^^^^That is my favorite pair (ie Ambrose/Walsh)

Others I rate highly (having seen some of their actions):

Akram/Younis
Lillee/Thomson
McGrath/Lee
Pollock/Ntini

Zeeshan
March 27, 2009, 02:18 PM
apnar sathe amar ari.... :-X

layperson
March 27, 2009, 02:49 PM
When fit, I like the English pair(s). How can one discount Freddie Flintoff? He is as good with the old and the new ball. He is the best fast bowler. I am personally biased here.

Infact I find Matthew Hoggard to be much more impressive. I have seen this guy bowl in english conditions and he has great shape to his bowling.

ammark
March 27, 2009, 03:40 PM
Shucks, I'm late at this thread:

1. Ambrose & Walsh - no disputes please, this is my personal favourite.
2. Wasim and Waqar
3. Allan Donald & Shaun Pollock
4. McGrath & [ Gillespie/ Lee ]

To be fair, all pairs (except Lee) played at around the same period, and each outclassed the other marginally. In fact 3 & 4 maybe tied together, while 1&2 are tied together. They each had their distinct strengths and qualities.

Currently, I'm hardpressed to find a solid pair apart from Steyn-Ntini.

God knows how batsmen could play that combination. Or opposing bowlers to Greenidge, Haynes, Viv Richards, Clive Lloyd. Crazy m*****f****s that team! :fire:

RazabQ
March 27, 2009, 04:29 PM
Shucks, I'm late at this thread:
God knows how batsmen could play that combination. Or opposing bowlers to Greenidge, Haynes, Viv Richards, Clive Lloyd. Crazy m*****f****s that team! :fire:Amen brutha ... no matter how dominant the Aussies got ... they never got the love the Windies got.