PDA

View Full Version : ICC to trial pink cricket balls

BANFAN
February 23, 2009, 04:29 AM
Any update on the Issue ??

“The challenge is to produce a ball which retains its colour – I doubt it will be any more expensive to produce or buy. I have asked Mike Gatting, the ECB’s managing director of cricket partnerships, to use them in county second XI one-day matches, but we shall start by trying them in fixtures such as MCC v Europe and in the university matches we sponsor.”

The two former England batsmen met to discuss this at Lord’s last week.

“My aim would be to use the pink ball in Twenty20 cricket in 2009 and thereafter in one-day international cricket, but this will be dependent on trials and what the ECB thinks,” Stephenson said.

Kookaburra, the ball manufacturer, has developed a batch of pink balls in Australia, which will be used in women’s cricket this winter. The properties are the same as in traditional balls, but its initial tests have shown that they have deteriorated too quickly for its liking.

“We must always push the game forward and ensure we have the right equipment,” Gatting said.

Full Article (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22750754-2722,00.html)

Tokai
February 23, 2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah, the was kicked out of his post for not being 'straight' enough on this issue.

nycpro96
February 24, 2009, 05:23 PM
What!

Rubu
February 24, 2009, 08:17 PM
What!
I think u missed the pun intended in tokai's post

Ajfar
February 25, 2009, 03:22 PM
if they approve pink balls..then the players have to wear matching pink jersey's and pad...

BANFAN
March 3, 2009, 04:37 PM
If everything is Pink how to identify the ball?

Farhad
March 3, 2009, 07:03 PM
If everything is Pink how to identify the ball?

Gay people are known to be very perceptive. Since they'll probably be the only ones watching the sport should this ruling pass, i dont think there'll be a problem...:-*

BANFAN
March 6, 2009, 12:26 PM
You mean, if you have to watch/play with a pink ball, you will turn into gay? What you call that, Method Actors (Fans/player) !!

Farhad
March 6, 2009, 01:46 PM
You mean, if you have to watch/play with a pink ball, you will turn into gay? What you call that, Method Actors (Fans/player) !!

No, i mean all straight people will stop watching it. Or most anyway...:saint:

sbsash
March 6, 2009, 05:44 PM
Pink?Why pink.If it metions it in the article then I'm sorry.I don't feel like reading a whole article right now.

BANFAN
March 8, 2009, 02:16 AM
Pink?Why pink.If it metions it in the article then I'm sorry.I don't feel like reading a whole article right now.

Because they say that the luminous pink is more vissible at night, it retains it's color much better than white & more durable...

CholCholBD
March 8, 2009, 08:06 PM
ECB has also come up with new innovations in the field including but limited to:

1. Tighter pants to accentuate the size of the buttocks for viewing pleasure

2. Bigger sized protectors to accentuate that certain part of the male body

3. Advising bowlers to celebrate dismissals with the "macarena dance" or "shakira dance"