PDA

View Full Version : India in NZ- First T20

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 12:57 AM
Vettori won the toss and invited India to bat. Chasing is always a good idea in a T20 unless the variables are totally against it.

Murad
February 25, 2009, 12:58 AM
Any links to watch the match?

Murad
February 25, 2009, 01:05 AM
wow 3 sixes in a row.. Poor Southee!
Sehwag is my trump card today in the fantasy league. I hope he makes a huge score. :)

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 01:13 AM
Sehwag has gone nuts here. If he stays there till the 10th over, this match is over for NZ.

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:14 AM
Any links to watch the match?

এই যে বস...;)
http://www.ooxtv.com/nzindia.php

Murad
February 25, 2009, 01:18 AM
এই যে বস...;)
http://www.ooxtv.com/nzindia.php

Thanks...Obayed bhai.
kintu amar ekhane dekhi choltese na.. plug in to ache..ki problem ki jani..

dhur sehwag out hoye geche....o'brien bowling really well there...:up:

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 01:26 AM
Ita raining sixes and wickets out there!!

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:29 AM
Oh! 3 down!! India should be careful now...to keep wkts in hand.

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:31 AM
Hope Dhoni and Pathans can keep India on top.

Murad
February 25, 2009, 01:31 AM
Woa!
Yuvi gone!
India in trouble. in Great trouble unless someone step up!

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:33 AM
No! Prince gone!:(

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:34 AM
No! Prince gone!:o

Murad
February 25, 2009, 01:37 AM
Now Dhoni gone!
5 down for 61 :o

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:39 AM
Now Dhoni gone!
5 down for 61 :o
Hah! No way India can win this match now...

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:40 AM
I just lost my interest now.

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 01:44 AM
6! by Pathan.

Murad
February 25, 2009, 01:45 AM
Seems like Yousuf did a Sehwag there. 3 sixes and gone!

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 01:49 AM
Indian madness continues there.

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 01:55 AM
India have hot only 2 fours so far. Most of the runs have been scored in sixes.

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 02:27 AM
162 - a good total at the end...fighting score.

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 02:34 AM
162 - a good total at the end...fighting score.

Thats the depth in Indian batting right now. Even after losing seven wickets, we had the batsmen to thrash some runs in the last overs.

The pitch is doing a bit and it wont be an easy total to chase.

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 02:38 AM
Thats the depth in Indian batting right now. Even after losing seven wickets, we had the batsmen to thrash some runs in the last overs.

The pitch is doing a bit and it wont be an easy total to chase.
Rayna and Vajji played really well.

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 02:48 AM
Good over by Khan

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 02:51 AM
Wow! 1 down...

kalpurush
February 25, 2009, 02:51 AM
Plumb...not given!

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 03:03 AM
Plumb...not given!

That was a gem of a delivery.

nzfan
February 25, 2009, 05:08 AM
India are no South Africa.

You have a billion people and you lose to a country with 4 million

250 or so indians for every new zealander, hell even at the ground there were more indians than New Zealanders

Surfer
February 25, 2009, 06:54 AM

250 or so indians for every new zealander, hell even at the ground there were more indians than New Zealanders

Take it easy there. Its a first game and NZ is known to be good in home conditions. We didnt even have a practice game.

I think India did very well for the first game in alien conditions.

Tigers_eye
February 25, 2009, 09:26 AM
And the scorecard says, 100% winning!! :)

bharat
February 25, 2009, 10:39 AM

I tend to see it interms of Per-capita income rather than population. NZ has a per capita around 25 times more than India but still languishes at the bottom.India has had money to put into its cricket only recently (maybe 2002 or so ..) it will take time.

True India are no SA ..and NZ no Zim( only a bit better than Zim) .India should hang its head in shame.

Coming to the match ..a very unprofessional performance by the Indians.Thankfully the 20-20 's preceed the ODI's and the Tests and hopefully they will be in their groove for those.

This NZ team looks a better batting until than I saw last.They lost(I think) their edge in bowling though.I think this series will be a test between professionalism( Kiwis) and skill (Indians)

A good smack on the back (face) for the Indian team first up.

nzfan
February 25, 2009, 05:09 PM
New Zealand cricket has money? The lowest Australian domestic player earns more than daniel vettori, only thing that saved him was his ipl contract

bharat
February 25, 2009, 06:04 PM
New Zealand cricket has money? The lowest Australian domestic player earns more than daniel vettori, only thing that saved him was his ipl contract

No nzfan, it is not that simple.Comparing Dhoni to Vettori would be wrong.What we need to compare is an average village/town boy who has dreams of playing cricket in India to one in NZ.India despite the gloss you see is a very poor country where almost one third of the population lives under the poverty line

An extremely talented kid in NZ can become a professional cricketer if he chooses to.But a kid with similar talent may not even cross the village level as he might have to feed himself or his family

I think you would see India doing well (compared to the previous generation) in all forms of the sports in the near future as the standard of living is improoving.And when that happens and the quality of live becomes comparable then the population numbers will take over.

Then it will be simple math ..the probability of finding 11 tendulkars/Sharma's in a 2 Billion population ( will take India that long) will be (you do the math) X times greater than finding one in a 4 Million NZ'landers.

MysoreHuli
February 27, 2009, 03:06 AM

Going by your thought then China should be world champions in all sports. U must be really kidding. NZ is always difficult to beat in their backyard.

thebest
February 27, 2009, 03:29 AM
India losing again. Go Kiwi Go. It give me great pleasure seeing Pak and Indians losing. Need 64 from 49 balls with 8 wicket in hand and McCullan is still there

CholCholBD
February 27, 2009, 06:11 AM
India choked again. nicely put, they lucked out...again.

CholCholBD
February 27, 2009, 06:34 AM
WOW how bad was Irfan Pathan and Zaheer Khan so far? They need some finishers, not chokers. Tell'em to roll back the tapes of Venkatesh Prasad and Javagal Srinath..those were some real gangsters who got things done...if those two were playing now..NZ would be packed home, lights out by 18th over. Chokers.....pshhh. Atleast Ishant got the attitude down. He may single handedly win the ODIs for India

Rabz
February 27, 2009, 06:43 AM
India lost again!! That 2 out of 2!!
Who'd have thought the world champions going down like that, esp against NZ.

Well done you Kiwis. Deserve all the credit. Used your home condition perfectly and India paid the price of over confidence. No practice game!! The "rockstars of cricket" thought they would arrive in The Land of the Sheep ***** (sorry guys, picked up that bad habit while i was in Aus) and would simply roll over the McCullums, Orams and Vettories.

NZ would surely start on a high note come the 1st ODI.

Zeeshan
February 27, 2009, 07:58 AM
India losing again. Go Kiwi Go. It give me great pleasure seeing Pak and Indians losing. Need 64 from 49 balls with 8 wicket in hand and McCullan is still there

lol@ the schadenfraude...

but McCullum is turning out to be a healthy 20-20 batsman. is he gonna play for KKR again?

bharat
February 27, 2009, 11:35 AM
The Indians look comepletely confused ..hope they pick their game up for the ODI's and Tests.

Tigers_eye
February 27, 2009, 12:30 PM
The Indians look comepletely confused ..hope they pick their game up for the ODI's and Tests.
hmm!!! 3 balls nine runs required. In a T20, what more can you expect when defending 149?

Had it been anyone else than McCullam (had I been a betting man) I would would have bet against them.

India played well just came up short.

bharat
February 27, 2009, 12:47 PM
hmm!!! 3 balls nine runs required. In a T20, what more can you expect when defending 149?

Had it been anyone else than McCullam (had I been a betting man) I would would have bet against them.

India played well just came up short.

True, they fought well.But the batting had no plan whatsoever.The Indians looked clueless on how to approch the game.The first game reminded me of BD in one the 20-20 WC ( I fgot the oppoistion ..match where Aftab ,Ash and all went bersek but ended with a below par score).

They tried to score too quickly and bat out NZ and ended up nowhere.I think India succeeded in the last 20 -20 WC because went uninhibited ..now they have the burden of scoring big .In the ODI's the Indians looked like they had a plan (in the recent SL and Eng Tour) hope they stick to that rather than play to the gallery.

I would be lying if I say that the losses dont hurt ..but the only consolation is that by the next tour no one will remember the 20-20's .What matters are the ODI's and Tests..time for Dhone to step up. (and rest Irfan too ..except for one over he has been terrible in the last two matches)

nzfan
February 27, 2009, 04:00 PM
Vettori is better than you all think... he may not be a murali or warne but then he doesnt have to be he is a slow left arm not an off spinner or a leggie, with that only one sla has more wickets than him by 10-15 and thats derek underwood. Kyle mills should be in the one dayers should strengthen lour bowling which is better than indias with ishant probably injured

Indians and Pakistanis get no respect from me until they stop calling us minnows, india are just flat track bullys

And India are hypocrits, before the series they were claiming how great a twenty20 side they were because they won the world cup and now we beat them 2-0 they claim twenty20 is unimportant. Also Dhoni is scum, didnt even congragulate us for the series.

CholCholBD
February 27, 2009, 11:00 PM
True, they fought well.But the batting had no plan whatsoever.The Indians looked clueless on how to approch the game.The first game reminded me of BD in one the 20-20 WC ( I fgot the oppoistion ..match where Aftab ,Ash and all went bersek but ended with a below par score).

Yes my friend i believe you are talking about BD vs SA in the 2020 WC. I kinda was reminded of that too...except India posted a defendable total and BD didnt.:-P

bharat
February 27, 2009, 11:00 PM
Vettori is better than you all think... he may not be a murali or warne but then he doesnt have to be he is a slow left arm not an off spinner or a leggie, with that only one sla has more wickets than him by 10-15 and thats derek underwood. Kyle mills should be in the one dayers should strengthen lour bowling which is better than indias with ishant probably injured

Indians and Pakistanis get no respect from me until they stop calling us minnows, india are just flat track bullys

And India are hypocrits, before the series they were claiming how great a twenty20 side they were because they won the world cup and now we beat them 2-0 they claim twenty20 is unimportant. Also Dhoni is scum, didnt even congragulate us for the series.

Nzfan ..man you should take it easy ..its just a game.

CholCholBD
February 28, 2009, 05:05 AM
Nzfan ..man you should take it easy ..its just a game.

...but I thought the slogan of India was "Its not just a game, its a religion".

MysoreHuli
March 1, 2009, 11:32 PM

These remarks shows ur true colors. U forget this is a forum and its a game of cricket. Grow up mate.:mad::mad:

al Furqaan
March 2, 2009, 10:49 AM

i have to agree with NZfan here...of course we deserve our minnow tag, but there's arrogance in over-abundance.

also, nzfan, you have to agree there are cricketing elitists out there who believe in a tiered cricket setup. only 6 top sides, and that does not include NZ or WI. and based on current events, it doesn't include PAK either. IND, RSA, AUS, and ENG basically run international cricket, and this is an axis that will be around for a while. just look at the number of matches played per series as well as number of series per year. there are 3 de facto tiers of Test cricket and thats a sad fact...

tier 1 - india, south africa, australia, england
tier 2 - pakistan (for taliban reasons), sri lanka, new zealand, west indies
tier 3 - bangladesh

zimbabwe if they rejoin will either join us in tier 3, or form a 4th tier by themselves. a 4th tier is most likely given their relative strengths, and more importantly, their lack of economic driving force...we at least have 150 M fans and that might be the only thing keeping us where we are.

nzfan
March 3, 2009, 01:55 AM
We don't really have the player numbers on our side, unlike bangladesh, pretty much we are going to be stalemated and stay how we are.

MysoreHuli
March 3, 2009, 03:52 AM
India well placed to beat NZ in the first ODI.

Isnaad
March 3, 2009, 04:12 AM
Good try by Vettori at the end...

MysoreHuli
March 3, 2009, 04:14 AM
Good comeback win by India.

nzfan
March 3, 2009, 05:36 AM
Sometimes I wish we had the less talented but hardworking players of old than this new bunch of really talented players that are prone to utter collapses, got to get used to collapses I guess

rubel_18
March 3, 2009, 06:45 AM
Sometimes I wish we had the less talented but hardworking players of old than this new bunch of really talented players that are prone to utter collapses, got to get used to collapses I guess

join the badnwagon mate, we hav to see so many of these collapses on a regular basis as BD fans