PDA

View Full Version : How to delete post?

CholCholBD
February 28, 2009, 07:34 AM
Sorry but i could not find the answer to this. Please help/

ammark
February 28, 2009, 10:56 AM
Do an Edit post, there should be an option called "Delete". If that's not there, "Go Advanced" then you should find the option to delete.

Farhad
February 28, 2009, 11:53 AM
This is an interesting question actually. I was wondering that myself a couple of days ago. The delete button seems to disappear at times. You cant find it anywhere. Its gone right now actually. Is it because of a setting on my computer?

Fazal
March 9, 2009, 04:22 PM
"Delete" button itself deleted?

bujhee kom
March 9, 2009, 06:42 PM
yes ammark bhai, i noticed the delete button appear only when i am posting a comment with a qoute of a fellow member, but when i write a fresh post and post it, i don't see any seleat button what so ever! even if i went to 'advanced option' and all!
please helpo! thank you!

cricman
March 9, 2009, 07:28 PM
No delete button for me

ammark
March 10, 2009, 08:29 AM
Okay hang on... this is what works for me:

Step 1: Click "Edit" icon and go to Edit Post Menu.

Step 2: In Edit Post menu, IF there's a delete button, click it

or

Click "Go Advanced" within Edit Post menu.

Step 3: Once in Advanced Editing Menu of Edit Post, there should be 3 radio buttons asking if you want a leave post unchanged, soft delete or hard delete. Choose the one you want.

If this isnt how it is, then I guess admins would have to look into the issue

Rabz
March 15, 2009, 01:49 PM
yes, i guess admins need to look into the issue.
delete button is nowhere to be found.

Rifat
March 15, 2009, 01:58 PM
ok delete button works only in the "Bangladesh Cricket" section, but not in the "Forget Cricket" section.

Orpheus
March 15, 2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah there definitely needs to be a delete button (i think this is very important for people's privacy) and not only that I would like to have a self-destruct button as well....is it possible? ie... delete or empty out all your posts with one click.

I don't like the idea of having my posts for all to see when people search me online. Over the years I have definitely written many things that in no way represent who I am or what I believe in. Good thing I haven't used up my name change yet. I will just request a generic name change like John :p CLEVER CLEVER!! - maybe in about a year or so :)

cricman
February 3, 2010, 03:12 AM
yes ammark bhai, i noticed the delete button appear only when i am posting a comment with a qoute of a fellow member, but when i write a fresh post and post it, i don't see any seleat button what so ever! even if i went to 'advanced option' and all!
please helpo! thank you!

Delete Movment is nessecsary

Zeeshan
February 3, 2010, 08:14 PM
Delete Movment is nessecsary

Not necessarily. Delete button DNE in FC and FC is where all the opionated argument takes place, so if it did exist then that might've skewed or misrepresented facts. On the other hand, more 'formal', fact filled discussion takes place in Bangladesh Cricket section. Anyway, that's what I think at least.

Nasif
February 3, 2010, 09:00 PM
It should be available now to all users. There were some settings issue in Forget Cricket and Support forum. Cricket forums already had the correct settings; and you were able able delete there.

Only time you cannot delete a post is when you open a thread (i.e. your post is the first one in the thread).

cricman
February 3, 2010, 11:13 PM
It should be available now to all users. There were some settings issue in Forget Cricket and Support forum. Cricket forums already had the correct settings; and you were able able delete there.

Only time you cannot delete a post is when you open a thread (i.e. your post is the first one in the thread).

I've never seen the button to delete a post in none of the cricket sections, is it because of the Staff Title?

I could post Screen shots

cricman
February 3, 2010, 11:17 PM
I made an Alias and the Alias has the delete option but not me!