PDA

View Full Version : Taibu dropped after leaving kit in Bangladesh

Farhad
March 15, 2009, 04:37 PM
It's been a tough few months for Tatenda Taibu, both on and off the field.

While he has been appearing in court after being charged with assault on a ZC employee, he has also lost his place in the national side as a result of dispute over his kit.

It all started when some of Zimbabwe's equipment was left behind in Bangladesh at the end of their tour there in January. The remainder of the squad manage to rescue the most important items, but Taibu did not. He then refused to play in any of the five ODIs in Kenya claiming he was uncomfortable in any kit other than his own.
http://content.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/395129.html

Zimbabwean cricket gives Pakistani cricket a run for their money...:doh: Although this is not as sad as it is funny...

Nafi
March 15, 2009, 04:44 PM
lol Jalaal jacked it!

cricman
March 15, 2009, 05:23 PM
He didn't even play against us did he?

Why would his kit be in BD?

Farhad
March 15, 2009, 06:54 PM
He didn't even play against us did he?

Why would his kit be in BD?

He did. Flopped big time...

sbsash
March 15, 2009, 07:21 PM
Quote: [He then refused to play in any of the five ODIs in Kenya claiming he was uncomfortable in any kit other than his own.]
this guy's crazy.

Dhruvo
March 15, 2009, 07:40 PM
Quote: [He then refused to play in any of the five ODIs in Kenya claiming he was uncomfortable in any kit other than his own.]
this guy's crazy.
How's that crazy ? wont you feel uncomfortable wearing somone else's clothes ? or living in someone else's house ?

Yameen
March 15, 2009, 07:42 PM
well his own kit didnt come to much use anyway when playing in BD now did it?

Isnaad
March 16, 2009, 03:12 AM
I don't know...should I show pity or laugh........:confused:

Abid_Khan
March 16, 2009, 06:21 AM
I feel symphatetic about Taibu he's faced alot of problems in his cricketing career. Full Stop

Rabz
March 16, 2009, 12:25 PM
Cricketers can be the most superstituos bunch you know.

Tigers_eye
March 16, 2009, 01:34 PM
Cricketers can be the most superstituos bunch you know.
Many sports person are. A well known athlete never played a professional game with out his North Carolina shorts on (underneath). Yes, he washed it after every game.

I read somewhere he said using others kit is unprofessional. So may be there is more than superstitious in this case. May be someone within the team purposely giving him a hard time and doesn't want him in the team.

Murad
March 16, 2009, 01:40 PM
Where is Brendon Taylor? He moved to England or what?

ZC is always in a mess. Shala go erokom cholte thakle..ekdin dekha jabe un-15 team niye khelte hobe..

tiger_omar
March 16, 2009, 05:18 PM
How's that crazy ? wont you feel uncomfortable wearing somone else's clothes ? or living in someone else's house ?

Bro, those are two totally different things in my opinion. Wearing someone else's kit is a little different than living in someone else's house.

I am a soccer goalkeeper and I have a pair of really good goalie gloves and I would hate to play with another pair. But if for some reason I forgot my gloves at home, I wouldn't hesitate to borrow someone's pair, if they fit, and I would definatly play with them. In fact, I have done that already. It's not a very comfortable situation, but I play for my team and for the love of soccer.

I hope he would be playing for the same reasons, for his country and his love of cricket. So I know that it will be different for Taibu, but I don't see the problem with him playing with someone else's kit for a series.

Zeeshan
March 16, 2009, 06:30 PM
whining schmwhining

i got no qualms about wearing other people's guards.

sbsash
March 16, 2009, 06:53 PM
Bro, those are two totally different things in my opinion. Wearing someone else's kit is a little different than living in someone else's house.

I am a soccer goalkeeper and I have a pair of really good goalie gloves and I would hate to play with another pair. But if for some reason I forgot my gloves at home, I wouldn't hesitate to borrow someone's pair, if they fit, and I would definatly play with them. In fact, I have done that already. It's not a very comfortable situation, but I play for my team and for the love of soccer.

I hope he would be playing for the same reasons, for his country and his love of cricket. So I know that it will be different for Taibu, but I don't see the problem with him playing with someone else's kit for a series.

agree with you.

Baundule
March 20, 2009, 07:44 AM
buy a new set..... or ZC is bankrupt?

Kabir
March 20, 2009, 09:12 AM
buy a new set..... or ZC is bankrupt?

Neither.

It's about who is the bigger idiot here - ZC or Taibu?

One World
April 25, 2009, 03:15 PM
In more hot water, the IPL auctioned Zim captain.

http://content.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/current/story/401385.html