PDA

View Full Version : 'India influenced B'desh to cancel series against Pak'

Surfer
March 18, 2009, 12:18 PM
Karachi : Former PCB Chairman Lt General (retd) Tauqir Zia on Wednesday hurled veiled allegations on India for influencing Bangladesh to cancel their home series against Pakistan.

"I can't say for certain if someone has influenced them but yes there is no doubt that India has been working on a policy of undermining and isolating Pakistan since the Mumbai attacks," he told 'Geo Super' channel.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) informed their Pakistan counterparts on Wednesday that they could not host the Pakistan team because of security issues in their country and as their Government had not given clearance for the series of five one-dayers and two Twenty20 matches.

The Pakistan team was due to tour Bangladesh from March 7 but just two days prior to their departure, the tour was postponed by the BCB, which had later asked for time to get clearance from their government.

Zia also came down hard on Bangladesh government and their BCB for being ungrateful to Pakistan by not coming to their aid in their time of need.

Miraz
March 18, 2009, 12:22 PM
I like this blame game. Bangladesh government is now blaming JMB for every failure and Pakistan blaming India.

This really shows we are living in a certain part of the world. No one is willing to take responsibility for their failure.

Tigers_eye
March 18, 2009, 12:47 PM
How unfounded talk. One should not go past the following:
"I can't say for certain if someone has influenced them but..

Zunaid
March 18, 2009, 02:07 PM
I think the Burmese Junta was responsible for influencing Tauqir Zia in making those allegations.

punjabsher
March 18, 2009, 02:27 PM
tauqir zia sahab is ex-army.. very trustworthy. i believe him to say truth only.

Neel Here
March 18, 2009, 02:59 PM
tauqir zia sahab is ex-army.. very trustworthy. i believe him to say truth only.

:lol: :floor:
actually his background convinces me of the opposite. pak armymen are pathologically anti-indian and not really known for being epitome of honesty. pak today finds itself where it is because of them.
btw he is making this claim based on his own beliefs, not on any proof or anything, he himself makes that clear.

don't take this personal.

bharat
March 18, 2009, 04:14 PM

Not sure what an ex-army man has to do anything with cricket or in public life.Pak( and for us) would do good if their army stays out of politics and public life.

Fazal
March 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
I think Tarek Zia is influencing Gen. Tauqir Zia to say all those stuff because he is still mad at Gen Tarek Ahmed Siddique for not protesting against tarek Aziz's jail term.

Beamer
March 18, 2009, 09:44 PM

Like Ayub Khan and his gang :shh: Very trustworthy. Don't tell anyone though..

thebest
March 19, 2009, 01:05 AM
when the fools of Pakistan stop blaming India for everything (evn for releasing H2S in front of him). Did he know government canceled independence day parade (AFAIK only time this happened in our history) for security reason?

kalpurush
March 19, 2009, 01:23 AM
I think the Burmese Junta was responsible for influencing Tauqir Zia in making those allegations.
...and Burmese Junta was fired up by the Chinese ...;)

Rabz
March 19, 2009, 05:09 AM
It was actually india who influenced Bangladesh who influenced chinese who influenced the russians who influenced the mujahideens who influenced the talibans who influenced mr.10% to make that influencial "peace" deal in swat valley.

Ah, good to see how everyone is spreading love and cooperating with each other.

abu2abu
March 19, 2009, 10:23 AM
What we should really be asking is on what basis the decision was taken

There is no doubt that if the tour had gone ahead and (god forbid) something remotely "terrorist-related" had occurred, Bangladesh's status as co-host of the 2011 world cup would have been thrown into jeopardy. Maybe this was too great a risk for the BD govt to take right now (especially with the BDR shenanigans).

If that was the reasoning, it's pretty sound (though i don't agree with the conclusions).