PDA

View Full Version : Benaud may already be dead: experts

oracle
December 4, 2003, 01:11 PM
I like this site. Thanks James for introducing it.

http://thebladder.com.au/content/news/displayContent.asp?CID=1956&EID=233

Benaud may already be dead: experts
by STAFF REPORTERS

"Benaud, or another impersonator?"
Respected analysts this week claimed that Channel Nine commentary veteran Richie Benaud may already be dead, with the network using pre-recorded material from Benaud in order to maintain morale.

Benaud, who was seen throughout Nine’s coverage of the World Cup, has not been seen in public for some time. Noted Benaud expert John P. Peabody told thebladder.com there was a chance the 127 year-old Benaud had died early in the World Cup coverage, but had shot pre-prepared footage in readiness for such a development.

“In much of the footage of Benaud, he is seen to make reference to the date and the teams playing on the day, but this could still have been taped at a much earlier date,” said Peabody. “It is possible that Nine thought its team would suffer such a devastating blow to morale with Benaud gone that they are trying to pretend he is still alive.”

Earlier in the week, facial analysts determined that the Benaud seen during the World Cup broadcasts was, in fact, the real Richie Benaud and not one of the numerous known Benaud impersonators Nine has used in the past.

Regardless of Benaud’s fate, US forces have vowed to despose the former Australian captain as ruler of the commentary team, with plans to install their own leader, believed to be Tony Greig.

:lol:

Carte Blanche
December 4, 2003, 02:07 PM
Benaud is 127??????

James90
December 4, 2003, 07:15 PM
Greig take the captaincy? I thought the captaincy went to Darryl Eastlake and Mike Walker (aka. Max Walker)

Oh I suppose no-one outside Australia would have heard 12th man

acker
December 6, 2003, 06:59 PM
Tubby (Mark Taylor) is said to be repeating "2 for 22" constantly.