PDA

View Full Version : BCCI/IPL's unprofessional treatment of Mash and Bangladesh Cricket

kalpurush
April 1, 2009, 10:55 PM
We all know how BCCI treats us (Bangladesh cricket)! Now, its time for others to follow the lead!! If the Prothom Alo report is true (and I know its true), then Mashrafee should wait and play according to their (KKR) plan and report to ICC regarding this injustice once the IPL is finished.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P><FONT alt=Also, BCB should make a strong case to BCCI to take necessary actions against the KKR (and we have a KKR fan club!!!:doh:)!!!

<o:p></o:p>
Enough is enough. Its time to raise the voice…

Source:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTQ4NzUx&mid=OA==

desirocker
April 1, 2009, 11:13 PM
i was about to open a thread about it. Thanks for creating this thread. I hope this is an April fool joke from Prothom Alo, Otherwise, we should all boycott IPL, Indian cricket, and all Indian product as well.

Abid_Khan
April 1, 2009, 11:52 PM
Could someone give us a link to that news?

bujhee kom
April 1, 2009, 11:54 PM
screw ipl, bcci, calcutta goat filler, whatever idiot khan that is and yes ganguly my behind included!

bujhee kom
April 1, 2009, 11:55 PM
Could someone give us a link to that news?
abid_khan bro, look up and re-read the post #1 by kalpurursh bhai.

Abid_Khan
April 1, 2009, 11:58 PM
Oh right
My bad I didn't see I was concentrating on my preparation exam papers soz

bujhee kom
April 2, 2009, 12:04 AM
Oh right
My bad I didn't see I was concentrating on my preparation exam papers soz
no problem bro and wishing you a very happy birthday! and good luck with the exams at school!

Zeeshan
April 2, 2009, 12:22 AM
this is outrageous!!! ppl plz voice out your opinion....and as a solidarity heck i wont even make any botanical reference in this post!

RazabQ
April 2, 2009, 01:21 AM
Is this a joke? Seriously, does India want to lose every single match it every plays against a Tigers team involving Mash? If not an April fools joke than this "poor relation" treatment of a lion-hearted player is truly disgusting. And here I thought IPL was about professionalism!

Abid_Khan
April 2, 2009, 01:39 AM
no problem bro and wishing you a very happy birthday! and good luck with the exams at school!

Yeah thanks!

Rabz
April 2, 2009, 01:47 AM
Looks like KKR is in all sorts of mess.
The captain and coach are not in speaking terms, then there is over bully big boss who thinks he is in the epicentre of the world, one of the top ranking player pulled out....

They need to patch their problems soon, or i see very little chance for KKR to succeed in this years edition of IPL. Even with Mash smash, one man can only do so much.

AsifTheManRahman
April 2, 2009, 01:49 AM
Helmets and rib cages shall crack, the next time India plays us. Deikkha lomu.

kalpurush
April 2, 2009, 02:24 AM
[বাংলা]রজব / আসিফ ভাই, অথবা অন্য কেউ যে-ই হোক, অনেক ধন্যবাদ তাকে - সূতা-শিরোনামটি ঠিক করার জন্যে। [/বাংলা]:)

alibangali
April 2, 2009, 02:52 AM
This is a joke right? naa man this cant be true i refuse to believe it

al Furqaan
April 2, 2009, 02:58 AM
i cant read bangla...what have they done to mash?

on the other hand, we all know what happened to big headed team clad in blue the last time kombol miah decided to piss mash off...made an express bowler out of a medium pacer...hahaha.

ammark
April 2, 2009, 03:01 AM
Hobe hobe, abaro hobe "[বাংলা]ভারতকে ধরে দিবানি :মাশরাফি[/বাংলা]"

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=19195

RazabQ
April 2, 2009, 03:11 AM
[বাংলা]রজব / আসিফ ভাই, অথবা অন্য কেউ যে-ই হোক, অনেক ধন্যবাদ তাকে - সূতা-শিরোনামটি ঠিক করার জন্যে। [/বাংলা]:)you're welcome

RazabQ
April 2, 2009, 03:14 AM
Asad, the KKR have been not giving Mash time of day, making him pay for his own way to Mumbai, offered him no contract papers, threatening that the 600K bid means jack and that he'd be on a pay as you play plan, etc. They even had the audacity to email BCB and complain that he was dilly dallying at home which necessitated BCB sending a terse reply to the effect that he was involved with the Prem League and that KKR "best not comment on matters before doing their h/w". Situation is so bad that Mash doesn't even know what he's doing after the Mumbai photo ops. BCB has advised him that he should watch his back in SA

Miraz
April 2, 2009, 06:06 AM
This is outrageous. They cannot simply do that, it violates all norms and practice of international cricket. I think something is wrong in the reporting, somthing is probably lost in translation/communication.

Yameen
April 2, 2009, 06:13 AM
could somebody please tell about this in english?

Neel Here
April 2, 2009, 07:17 AM
OK, I went through some reports via google and also the squad.

this report by dailystar. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=81883
this is what buchanan said
MASHRAFE MORTAZA (Bangladesh, all-rounder):Umar Gul’s non-availability has been a big loss for us and, so, we’ll be looking to Mortaza to utilise his undoubted talent as a frontline bowler and a late-order hitter.

pacers/fast bowling all rounders in KKR squad :
Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle, Ricky Ponting, David Hussey, Brad Hodge, Moises Henriques, Angelo Matthews, Ajantha Mendis, Charl Langeveldt, Mashrafe Mortaza, Sourav Ganguly, Ajit Agarkar, Murali Kartik, Ishant Sharma, Akash Chopra, Cheteshwar Pujara, Yashpal Singh, Iqbal Abdullah, Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Wriddhiman Saha, Ashok Dinda, Debabrata Das, Mohnish Parmar, Anureet Singh, Arindam Ghosh, Sourav Sarkar, Shoaib Sheikh, Sunny Singh

being SA, KKR will likely play 3 pacers + 1 spinner + 1 pacer all-rounder (W Saha plays as Wk-batsman) or 2 pacers + 1 spinner + 2 pacer all-rounders.
whichever way you see it, unless he is injured(his fitness is troubling him at the moment) or bowls really poorly in the nets, there is no way No8 bowler in ODI ranking can be left out of the team. unless they are really, really stupid.

I think the reported flip-flops represent incompetent officials at the lower level rather than a deliberate snub. the tone of the article too is a little sensationalist.

Neel Here
April 2, 2009, 07:38 AM
stereotyping a community is the first step of racism. if you don't know, you can learn.
Racism, by its simplest definition is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] People with racist beliefs exhibit stereotype-based prejudices towards individuals and groups of people according to their race.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

calling a decision stupid may be offensive to the person, but that is my opinion on the person, not his community. and in this case you don't even know if ganguly was responsible but you went on to throw mud on his community ! :mad:

if that's not racial/ethnic prejudice coming out at the smallest opportunity, I don't know what is. I find it even more surprising that you continue to defend the indefensible.
if we are ourselves like this why should we ever blame the caucasians for shwing racist attitude towards us. :doh:

but enough of this, sorry for digressing on this thread.

al Furqaan
April 2, 2009, 09:38 AM
Asad, the KKR have been not giving Mash time of day, making him pay for his own way to Mumbai, offered him no contract papers, threatening that the 600K bid means jack and that he'd be on a pay as you play plan, etc. They even had the audacity to email BCB and complain that he was dilly dallying at home which necessitated BCB sending a terse reply to the effect that he was involved with the Prem League and that KKR "best not comment on matters before doing their h/w". Situation is so bad that Mash doesn't even know what he's doing after the Mumbai photo ops. BCB has advised him that he should watch his back in SA

well, if the IPL does the same thing to KP or freddy, then its prolly some unwritten policy of theirs. in that case mash just has to suck it up, i guess. but i am under the impression that the bid money is a guaranteed salary per annum. am i wrong?

its foolhardy to the umpeenth to expect any indian organization to deal with bangladesh/deshis in a professional manner.

btw, nows the perfect time to see how our beloved hindutva brothers at ICF felt immediately before their last dose of mashrafee treatment :floor::floor::floor:

Neel Here
April 2, 2009, 10:06 AM
am i wrong?
nope. if they move away even an inch from the contract, any indian court will have their ****s for dinner. but I do think both party has the option of canceling the contract.

but KKR record isn't too good, last year two bengal ranji players (ranadeb bose and another, forget who) were unceremoniously dropped in the middle of IPL. they were only payed upto that time and not for the whole season.

Tigers_eye
April 2, 2009, 11:13 AM
Just think how Pakistani players feel. Their contracts were terminated. Gul, Malik etc. what was their fault? Soon I think the court system will be involved. So just have patience. If they treat Mash badly (salary contract) there will be no kkr dhaka games. :) It goes both ways.

Neel Here
April 2, 2009, 11:33 AM
Gul, Malik etc. what was their fault? Soon I think the court system will be involved.
prophetic words ! :notworthy:

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/pakistan-cricketers-to-sue-ipl-bosses/39629-13.html
Pakistan cricketers to sue IPL bosses

Karachi: Five leading Pakistani cricketers, who were dumped by the IPL, are planning to file a case in an Indian court against the IPL bosses and franchises for canceling their contracts prematurely and not clearing their dues for the term of their three-year contracts.

Pakistan captain Younis Khan, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Salman Butt and Shoaib Akhtar, who all played in the inaugural IPL tournament, have asked an agent to go to Mumbai and file the damages suit there in the High Court.

"The agent represents Mohammad Asif and now he has also been approached by these players to help them file a case against the IPL in Indian court," a Jang report said on Thursday.

The players feel the IPL wrongly terminated their three-year contracts after the Pakistan government did not allow these players to go to India because of the strained political relations between the two countries.

The IPL has now been shifted to South Africa for security reasons and the players want the IPL to either allow them to play in the IPL in South Africa or compensate them fully for their three year contracts or revive them.

Rabz
April 2, 2009, 11:41 AM
Mijan bhai, ami ek khan lottery ticket kintam chai.
"jodi laigga jae lottery".

amare jodi number ta pm koira boila diten, 30-70 bhag koira nitam.
30 apnar, 70 amar.

Razi
April 2, 2009, 11:43 AM
[বাংলা]'বাংলাদেশের ছেলেটা খুব ভালো খেলে গেল' শুনতে চান মাশরাফি

ঢাকা, ২ এপ্রিল (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) (http://sport.bdnews24.com/newsDetails.php?newsdetailsid=47080) - তার মন যা বলে কী করে যেন তা ঘটেই যায়। আগেরদিন দুপুরে খাবারে অরুচি থেকে দানা বেঁধে উঠতে থাকা সন্দেহ দূর করতে ছুঁটে যান প্যাথলজিক্যাল ল্যাবে। রাতে সেখানে রক্তের নমুনা দিয়ে এসেই বলছিলেন, "আমার মনে হয় জন্ডিস হয়েছে।" পরদিন অর্থাৎ বৃহষ্পতিবার সকালে হাতে পাওয়া রক্ত পরীক্ষার রিপোর্ট জানিয়েছে, মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজার শরীরে আসলেই জন্ডিসের অস্তিত্ব পাওয়া গেছে। অবশ্য মাত্রা সামান্যই। যে কারণে তার আইপিএলের দল কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সে যোগ দিতে যাওয়া বিলম্বিত হয়নি। বিস্তারিত জানাচ্ছেন মাসুদ পারভেজ।

দুপুরে মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ড (বিসিবি) অফিসে পাসপোর্ট নিতে এসেছিলেন। সেসময়ই বাংলাদেশ দলের ফিজিও মাইক হেনরি'র সঙ্গে কথা বলে আশ্বস্তও হয়েছেন, "উনি বললেন এতো অল্প মাত্রার জন্ডিস যে চিন্তিত হওয়ার কিছু নেই। প্রচুর পরিমাণে পানি খেলে এবং শরীরের যতœ নিলেই ঠিক হয়ে যাবে।" এদিন বিকেল সাড়ে পাঁচটার ফ্লাইটে তিনি কলকাতায় চলে গেছেন। সেখানে পৌছেই ধরবেন মুম্বাইয়ের ফ্লাইট। শুক্রবার সারাদিন ওই শহরে কাটবে পেপসির বিজ্ঞাপনের শুটিং এবং দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার ভিসা নেওয়ার কাজে। ওইদিন রাতেই কলকাতায় ফিরে পরদিন, ৪ এপ্রিল সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলীদের সঙ্গে রওনা দেবেন দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার উদ্দেশে।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম: আইপিএলের মতো এতো বড় একটা আসরে এই প্রথমবারের মতো খেলতে যাওয়ার অনুভূতি তো অন্যরকমই হওয়ার কথা।

মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজা: দ্াঁড়ান, দাঁড়ান, আমি আগে একটু বলে নিই। আইপিএলকে লোকে যতো বড় বলে, ততো বড় আসলে এটা নয়। অন্তত আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটের মতো তো নয়ই। এই দুটোকে একসঙ্গে মেলানো কখনোই ঠিক হবে না। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট আর আইপিএলের মধ্যে অনেক পার্থক্য। এখানে টাকার ছড়াছড়ি বেশি, এজন্য মানুষ বলে বলে আইপিএলকে বড় বানিয়ে দিয়েছে।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম: কিন্তু আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটের মহা সব তারকাই তো আইপিএলে আছেন।

মাশরাফি: আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে পারফরম করেন বলেই আইপিএলে তাদের অনেক চাহিদা। আমার কথাই ধরুন। কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্স তো আমাকে নিশ্চয়ই ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটের পারফরম্যান্স দেখে নেয়নি। আবার এমনও নয় যে তারা আমাকে এমনি এমনি নিয়েছে। তাদের দরকারেই তারা মাশরাফিকে নিয়েছে। আমি ডিজার্ভ করি বলেই নেওয়া হয়েছে। আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেট আর আইপিএলের পার্থক্যের কথা বলছিলাম। একটা উদাহরণ দিয়ে বিষয়টা পরিষ্কার করা দরকার। আইপিএলের গত আসরের সেরা খেলোয়াড় হয়েছিল শেন ওয়াটসন। অথচ গত এক বছরে আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে ওর নাম কয়জনে নিয়েছে বলুন!

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম: মানে আইপিএলে ঝলসে ওঠা আন্তর্জাতিকে পারফরম করার নিশ্চয়তা নয়। তবে আপনার তো আইপিএলে ভালোই করার কথা। গত কিছুদিন আন্তর্জাতিক ক্রিকেটে পারফরম্যান্স যেহেতু উল্লেখযোগ্য।

মাশরাফি: পারফরম্যান্সের কথা তো আপনি আগে থেকে বলে দিতে পারবেন না। শ্রীলঙ্কার সঙ্গে খেলা আমাদের শেষ সিরিজ যেভাবে খেলেছি, তাতে ভালো করার আত্মবিশ্বাস আছে। সুস্থ থাকলে ভালো কিছু করার চেষ্টাই থাকবে। তবে আগে থেকে কোনো লক্ষ্য নির্ধারণে আমি বিশ্বাস করি না। কারণ পারফরম্যান্সের জন্য ভাগ্যও লাগে। আমি শুধু সর্বোচ্চ চেষ্টাই করতে পারি এবং শতভাগ মনোযোগ দিতে পারি।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম: এটা তো নিশ্চয়ই বলা যায়, আইপিএল থেকে কেমন পারফরম করে ফিরতে চান।

মাশরাফি: বাংলাদেশের খুব বেশি ক্রিকেটার আইপিএলে খেলছে না। কাজেই সেখানে আমরা বাংলাদেশের প্রতিনিধিত্ব করতেই যাচ্ছি একরকম। খেলা শেষ করে ফিরে আসার পথে যদি শুনি, "বাংলাদেশের এই ছেলেটা খুব ভালো খেলে গেল" তাহলেই আমি খুশী।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম: দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকার কন্ডিশনে বোলিং করাটা কী বাড়তি চ্যালেঞ্জ হয়ে গেল না? ভারতে হলে তো...

মাশরাফি: ভারতে খেলা হলে একটা সুবিধা ছিল, সেখানে গ্যালারিভর্তি দর্শক থাকতো নিশ্চিত। ৭০-৮০ হাজার মানুষের সামনে পারফরম করার মজাই আলাদা। দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় পুরো ভিন্ন কন্ডিশনে বল করার চ্যালেঞ্জ আছেই, তারওপর গত তিন সপ্তাহ ধরে আমি পেস বোলিংও করতে পারিনি। তবে আমার যথেষ্টই আত্মবিশ্বাস আছে। ওখানকার কন্ডিশনের সঙ্গে মানিয়ে নিতে পারলে সমস্যা হবে না।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম: আপনার দল কলকাতা নাইট রাইডার্সের ম্যানেজমেন্টের সঙ্গে একটা সমস্যার কথা শোনা যাচ্ছে। দলের সঙ্গে যোগ দিতে দেরি করে ফেলেছেন বলেও নাকি তাদের অভিযোগ...

মাশরাফি: যা শোনা যাচ্ছে, সেটাকে আমি 'কমিউনিকেশন গ্যাপ'ই বলবো। এখনো ওখানে গিয়ে পৌছাইনি। আগে তো যাই। আশা করি সবই ঠিক হয়ে যাবে। আর আমি এমন একটা দলের হয়ে খেলতে যাচ্ছি, যে দলটাকে গত বছর আমি সমর্থন করেছি। ওই দলে আমার খুব প্রিয় একজন ক্রিকেটারও আছেন। কেন জানি ব্রেন্ডন ম্যাককালামকে আমার খুব পছন্দ। তাছাড়া 'দাদা'র (সৌরভ গাঙ্গুলী) মতো অধিনায়ক আছেন। তার সঙ্গে জীবনে বহুবার দেখা হয়েছে, কিন্তু কখনোই নেগেটিভ কথা বলতে শুনিনি।

বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম: মুম্বাই ইন্ডিয়ানসের হয়ে খেলবেন মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল। আইপিএলে তার কাছে আপনার কী প্রত্যাশা?

মাশরাফি: দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকায় ও-ই আমাদের টোয়েন্টি টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপের সুপার এইটে তুলেছিল। কী দারুণ এক ইনিংসই না খেলেছিল ওয়েষ্ট ইন্ডিজের বিপক্ষে! ওখানে তাই ওর ভালো খেলার সম্ভাবনা বেশি। আমি নিশ্চিত, সুযোগ পেলে আশরাফুল তা কাজে লাগাবেই। ওর প্রতি একটা পরামর্শ থাকবে, ও যেন পাওয়ার প্লে'র ৬ ওভারে ব্যাটিং করে। দলকে বোঝালে নিশ্চয়ই সুযোগ পাবে। ওই সময়ে ওর সাফল্যের সম্ভাবনা আরো বেশি।[/বাংলা]

Megh
April 2, 2009, 12:13 PM
সত্যি বলতে আমি খুবই হতাশ হইছি । এমন ব্যবহার মনে হয় না যুবরাজের দল থাইকা পাইতো !!!!
আমার একটা চাওয়া এখন, "ধাবানিটা ipl-এ ও দিয়া আয় মাশরাফি ।"

LateCut
April 2, 2009, 12:29 PM
The answer is that he gives one heck of a performance. Prove that the trust is justified. He got to produce in proportion of the salary ($600K). Mind you his salary is more than what the MetronomeGarth gets. Go and earn it and they will call him Mustafa Cyclone Mashrafi.

See the video if you don't believe me. I think he will produce more with his bat than the ball. He often does get belted in the death overs.

http://priyo.com/video/20090207/20385.html#comment-19850

Tigers_eye
April 2, 2009, 12:32 PM
Mijan bhai, ami ek khan lottery ticket kintam chai.
"jodi laigga jae lottery".

amare jodi number ta pm koira boila diten, 30-70 bhag koira nitam.
30 apnar, 70 amar.
Taoba kato. Mere co-incidence and intuition. But the "BD-INDIA - WC" was solid.

Murad
April 2, 2009, 01:18 PM
Chris Gayle, Ricky Ponting and David Hussey will join the team in the later half of the tournament. Mash's way is clear now.

kalpurush
April 2, 2009, 06:50 PM
[বাংলা]তবু আশায় মাশরাফি[/বাংলা] (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTQ4OTIw&mid=OA==)

abz..+
April 3, 2009, 11:39 AM
dont worry mash we are all with you

LateCut
April 3, 2009, 12:57 PM
Chris Gayle, Ricky Ponting and David Hussey will join the team in the later half of the tournament. Mash's way is clear now.

Hussey is not playing.

http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavaus2009/content/current/story/397941.html

Murad
April 3, 2009, 01:09 PM
Hussey is not playing.

http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavaus2009/content/current/story/397941.html

This Hussey doesn't play for for KKR. His brother(David Hussey) does. :)

incredible
April 3, 2009, 03:37 PM
they seem to be excited...their official website is all about mashrafee

http://www.kkr.in/

:S ...

i think kono communication gap hoise

Zeeshan
April 3, 2009, 03:50 PM
thnx for sharing the website bro...

i personally think eto shob hype bhalo na..if he fails to deliver then everyoner akkelgurum hobe...

godzilla
April 4, 2009, 12:00 AM
Maybe not the right thread to post this and maybe a bit old but take a look at the comments mortaza recieved ... Great for him... the article's name was "King of Bollywood was keen not to lose IPL auction star Mashrafe Mortaza" and the link to this article is http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/feb/070209-Mashrafe-Mortaza-Shah-Rukh-Khan-IPL-auction-star-Bangladesh-cricketers-Sports.htm

Razi
April 4, 2009, 01:05 PM
Mashrafe's sudden return
The Daily Star, Sunday, April 5, 2009 (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=82798)

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza made a sudden return to the capital yesterday to visit his ailing mother.

The Bangladesh vice-captain who left Dhaka for Kolkata on Thursday evening reached Mumbai the same night to shoot a commercial for Pepsi as part of promotion for the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup in England. Prior to flying home the paceman also attended a press conference in Kolkata yesterday.

Mashrafe informed The Daily Star that he was yet to sign his contract with the Kolkata Knight Riders. He flies back to Kolkata this afternoon from where he will set off for South Africa along with other members of the team. He is expected to put pen to paper upon his arrival in Cape Town, the base camp of Knight Riders for the billion-dollar event.

"I am home on a very short visit just to see my mother and there is nothing else. I will return to Kolkata tomorrow afternoon and will fly to South Africa the same day to sign the deal," said Mashrafe over telephone.

Meanwhile, Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful will fly to the Indian city of Mumbai today to join his IPL side Mumbai Indians. He will depart later at night after playing a Premier Cricket League match for his team Gazi Tank against Partex at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur today.

Ashraful will reach Mumbai early tomorrow and depart for Durban in South Africa on April 7, where the Mumbai Indians side will be based.

An excited Ashraful who was at a promotional event for soft drink giant Pepsi yesterday said that the Mumbai Indians were a very strong side in this year's IPL.

"We have players like Jayasuriya, Sachin, Duminy, Pollock, Bravo, Zaheer and Harbhajan and their presence makes our team a strong contenders this year. The team is full of talent and experience and I am sure we will be able to eventually translate that into a big success," said Ashraful.

Mumbai Indians, which is owned by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, bought the Tigers skipper at his base price of 75,000 dollars on February 6 at the IPL auctions in Goa.

The Mumbai Indians kick off the second edition of the IPL on the opening day (April 18) against last year's runners-up Chennai Super Kings led by Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

kalpurush
April 4, 2009, 02:32 PM
"I am home on a very short visit just to see my mother and there is nothing else. I will return to Kolkata tomorrow afternoon and will fly to South Africa the same day to sign the deal," said Mashrafe over telephone.

My prayers with Mashrafee's mother. All the best to Mashrafee and his mother. Made us all proud young man.:)

al Furqaan
April 4, 2009, 02:45 PM
lets hope mash and ash get every penny of their deals, regardless of how much they actualy play.

lets hope ash learns something so his 4 straight 50s don't go to waste.

bdchamp20
April 4, 2009, 02:50 PM
I am hoping and praying Mashrafe's mother gets well soon so that she can watch her son kick a$s in the IPL.

nycpro96
April 4, 2009, 04:00 PM
did something happen to mash's mom?

BANFAN
April 4, 2009, 04:40 PM
did something happen to mash's mom?

Sick, 'Ailing Mother' as the news article says.

Mash might have just come to take final blessing from her, before travelling to SA.

bdchamp20
April 4, 2009, 05:13 PM
Sick, 'Ailing Mother' as the news article says.

Mash might have just come to take final blessing from her, before travelling to SA.
Why such negative thinking BANFAN bhai?

Murad
April 4, 2009, 05:31 PM
KKR is really unprofessional!

Mumbai Indians seems to be more professional. They came to Dhaka to sign the deal with Ashraful few weeks earlier.(prothom alo reports)

amar mone hoi KKR Mash ke eto boro amount diye kinese kisu match Dhakate hobe bole. Ekhon jehetu hobena, tai tara chintai porse. Dhakai match hole tader onek laab hoto.

BANFAN
April 4, 2009, 06:21 PM

Why such negative thinking BANFAN bhai?

Bhai, you are going to arrange gono dholai for me, I guess..:)

I didn't mean it to be final for her, final for Mash before going to SA. Since he is flying today. It was meant to be positive, bdchamp20. It only shows his respect for her mother, making a trip to see her with such tight schedule.

bdchamp20
April 4, 2009, 07:12 PM
Bhai, you are going to arrange gono dholai for me, I guess..:)

I didn't mean it to be final for her, final for Mash before going to SA. Since he is flying today. It was meant to be positive, bdchamp20. It only shows his respect for her mother, making a trip to see her with such tight schedule.
My sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding. :)

Tintin
April 5, 2009, 05:19 AM
In the absence of Pakistani speedsters Umar Gul and Shoaib Akhtar, Bangladesh pace spearhead Mashrafe Mortaza on Saturday said that he

was ready to take the responsibility and give his best in the IPL 2 beginning in South Africa from April 18.

"It feels great that I've got a chance to play for a strong side like the Kolkata Knight Riders.

"I will play with a great cricketer like Ganguly. I'm really excited to play with him," Mortaza said before leaving for South Africa.

http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Im-really-excited-to-play-with-Ganguly-Mortaza/articleshow/4359762.cms

kalpurush
April 5, 2009, 07:20 AM
http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Im-really-excited-to-play-with-Ganguly-Mortaza/articleshow/4359762.cms
Much thanks for the link, Tintin bhai. :)

Razi
April 5, 2009, 07:39 AM
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090405/images/5SpoCAB4.jpg
Mashrafe bin Mortaza at the Eden on Saturday. A Telegraph picture

Mortaza: Will miss Eden
The Telegraph (http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090405/jsp/sports/story_10775834.jsp)

Calcutta: Bangladesh speedster Mashrafe bin Mortaza, who has been recruited by Kolkata Knight Riders for the second season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), said Saturday that his inclusion in the Shah Rukh Khan-owned side would increase the IPL’s fan following in Bangladesh.

He said the first edition of the tournament was also very popular in his country.

“He (Shah Rukh) is very popular in Bangladesh. I’m very happy to get a chance in his team. Last year people preferred IPL to international matches. Not just Bangladesh, the tournament was followed enthusiastically all over the world. Obviously, with me playing, the IPL’s fan following in Bangladesh will increase,” he said at a press conference.

The right-arm medium pacer rued the missed opportunity of playing in front of a capacity crowd at Eden Gardens as the IPL has been shifted to South Africa.

“We will miss playing in Kolkata. There would have been many supporters here to cheer us on. But at the same time, I feel the tournament will be equally successful in South Africa,” he said.

Mortaza hoped he would be able to take the responsibility of spearheading the pace department for the Knight Riders in the absence of Pakistani pacers Umar Gul and Shoaib Akhtar.

“I am confident about myself. I am sure it won’t be a problem to shoulder the responsibility of leading the attack. If I get a chance I will try to give my 100 per cent.

“It’s a great opportunity to learn from seniors. Rubbing shoulders with international cricketers will give me ample confidence,” the Bangladeshi player said. “I’ll take Dada’s (Sourav Ganguly) advice when I meet him face-to-face. I’m really excited about playing with him.”

The 26-year old Mortaza was bought for a whopping $600,000 by KKR in the IPL auction in February after a fierce bidding war with Kings XI Punjab.

bdchamp20
April 5, 2009, 07:55 AM
Mash being tipped to spearhead the attack. Great news!

auntu
April 5, 2009, 08:46 AM
Mash being tipped to spearhead the attack. Great news!

Great news indeed. Congrats Mash and best of luck.
Burn the road Mash...

bdchamp20
April 6, 2009, 10:57 AM
Mashrafe's hectic schedule:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTQ5NDU0&mid=OA==

BTW is he shooting the Pepsi add for KKR or Bangladesh team/T20 World Cup?

Interesting, a reporter asked Mashrafe a question about the problems between him and KKR and while he was about to answer KKR officials stepped in and warned no more questions like that.

auntu
April 6, 2009, 12:01 PM
mashrafe's hectic schedule:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=mtq5ndu0&mid=oa==

btw is he shooting the pepsi add for kkr or bangladesh team/t20 world cup?

Interesting, a reporter asked mashrafe a question about the problems between him and kkr and while he was about to answer kkr officials stepped in and warned no more questions like that.

[বাংলা]ব্যাপারটি আমিও পেপারে পড়েছি। তার মানে যা কিছু রটেছে তা ভালো মতোই ঘটেছে। [/বাংলা]

akabir77
April 6, 2009, 04:38 PM
Mashrafe's hectic schedule:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTQ5NDU0&mid=OA==

BTW is he shooting the Pepsi add for KKR or Bangladesh team/T20 World Cup?

Interesting, a reporter asked Mashrafe a question about the problems between him and KKR and while he was about to answer KKR officials stepped in and warned no more questions like that.

for T20/WC hence for BD

Razi
April 7, 2009, 12:29 PM
Please vote for Mash as much you can in the KKR's (http://www.kkr.in/) official website, he is currently ranked 1 with the highest number of votes. He is ahead of Dada, Gayle, Mcculum and some of the other Indians, so keep voting and help Mash to remain at No.1.

BANFAN
April 7, 2009, 01:11 PM
All good news so far !!

Tigers_eye
April 7, 2009, 01:36 PM
Please vote for Mash as much you can in the KKR's (http://www.kkr.in/) official website, he is currently ranked 1 with the highest number of votes. He is ahead of Dada, Gayle, Mcculum and some of the other Indians, so keep voting and help Mash to remain at No.1.
Very close contest.
Mash 23,418 votes.
Agarkar 23,359 votes.
McCulum 21,141 votes.

nycpro96
April 7, 2009, 03:01 PM
dada just took first place

kalpurush
April 7, 2009, 05:04 PM
dada just took first place
Dada chitpotang, again!!!;)

Mash the # 1:)

Tigers_eye
April 8, 2009, 08:27 AM
Who is this pujara guy? Is he a bowler or a batsman?

Is this unlimited voting?

Spitfire_x86
April 8, 2009, 09:50 AM
He's a batsman (Cricinfo Profile (http://content.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/32540.html))

Mahmood
April 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
Just let Ehsan know, he can make Mash 100K in 8 hours.

Neel Here
April 8, 2009, 10:16 AM
He's a batsman (Cricinfo Profile (http://content.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/32540.html))

impressive record ! read the bio.

kalpurush
April 8, 2009, 10:53 AM
...and got 372 votes!!! Seems very popular too !;)

kalpurush
April 8, 2009, 10:56 AM
Current status:

Mashrafee - 29739 votes
Dada - 27755 "
Ajit - 26064 "
MCcullum -21206 "
Gayle - 11853 "
Pujara - 372 "

Mridul
April 8, 2009, 10:57 AM

you will find many more players like him in India....with lots of talents and impressive records..

but you wont find even ONE in Bangaldesh..who can even go close to him.....

we really need to have proper effective development systems through out the country...otherwise we will remain minnows ..years to come

kalpurush
April 8, 2009, 10:58 AM
just let ehsan know, he can make mash 100k in 8 hours.
[বাংলা]মনে হচ্ছে এহসান ভাই তার "কাজ" শুরু করে দিয়েছে!!!?[/বাংলা];):)

Ehsan
April 8, 2009, 01:23 PM
Just let Ehsan know, he can make Mash 100K in 8 hours.
Hehe. I missed this before. I put one of my computer on work just now, but their website is too slow on updating the numbers. Or may be, they are trying to implement one vote per IP then it would not help.

Ehsan
April 8, 2009, 03:37 PM
Update: Masri is over 30K now. ;) 2K ahead of Ganguli, the second in the rank.

BANFAN
April 8, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hehe. I missed this before. I put one of my computer on work just now, but their website is too slow on updating the numbers. Or may be, they are trying to implement one vote per IP then it would not help.

I gave over 150 yesterday. U can even click multiple times at once anr cast as many votes for each clik. Just saw him going past dada before goin to bed. :)

Ehsan
April 8, 2009, 04:30 PM
I gave over 150 yesterday. U can even click multiple times at once anr cast as many votes for each clik. Just saw him going past dada before goin to bed. :)

Then I guess their website must be slow on updating the numbers because I have already gone beyond 2K today. :) There is an effortless way where you just don't have to do these painful clicking. Let me PM it to you. :)

Edit: Okay, I figured its possibly a problem on internet explorer not their site. Multiple voting was not working on any of my comps through explorer. Works perfectly with Google Chrome.

Ajfar
April 8, 2009, 04:50 PM
Then I guess their website must be slow on updating the numbers because I have already gone beyond 2K today. :) There is an effortless way where you just don't have to do these painful clicking. Let me PM it to you. :)

can you please send it to me as well..thnxx

MarufH
April 8, 2009, 06:21 PM

Edit: Okay, I figured its possibly a problem on internet explorer not their site. Multiple voting was not working on any of my comps through explorer. Works perfectly with Google Chrome.

Please PM me too!!!

kalpurush
April 8, 2009, 07:40 PM
[বাংলা]একটু রেখে ঢেকে করলে হয়না ভাইরা...![/বাংলা]

Razi
April 9, 2009, 01:28 AM
Knights win, Sourav makes impact
The Telegraph (http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090409/jsp/sports/story_10797079.jsp)

Calcutta: Two-and-a-half years ago, Sourav Ganguly scored a rich-in-character 83 within a day or so of landing in South Africa.

That was for Team India in a warm-up (first-class) match against Rest of South Africa, ahead of the Test series, in Potchefstroom.

On Wednesday, Sourav authored an unbeaten 61 for the Kolkata Knight Riders in Bloemfontein, an innings which helped thrash Free State by nine wickets in a T20 game.

Another warm-up match, but with a difference, this time a build-up to the IPL.

However, there was pressure then and there’s pressure now.

Back in December 2006, Sourav had been making a comeback, that too in the Greg Chappell era. He had lots to prove. This time, the pressure is captaincy-related.

Specifically, whether Sourav will be retained as the top Knight or not. He did lead on Wednesday, though.

It’s not clear whether there will be a regular captain for the IPL’s second edition, from April 18, or the captaincy would be rotated.

Cricket manager John Buchanan’s multiple leaders concept, by the way, is on trial during the warm-up games. The first two (against the same opposition on Tuesday), it may be recalled, had ended in big defeats.

“I don’t wish to comment on the captaincy issue… But, yes, it’s nice to get runs in one’s first match in new conditions… However, there’s a long way to go… There’s plenty of work to be done,” Sourav told The Telegraph.

Having reached Bloemfontein only on Monday evening, Sourav said he was “still jet-lagged.”

The Knights restricted Free State to 152 for eight. The target was knocked off with five balls to spare.

No.3 Cheteshwar Pujara also scored an unbeaten half-century — 66, the Knights’ best effort.

Ajit Agarkar and Charl Langeveldt were the most successful bowlers, each getting two wickets.

Mashrafe Mortaza, making his maiden appearance in the Knight Riders colours, had two good (middle) overs, but went for runs in his first and fourth.

He landed with Sourav and, being a quick, needs more time to acclimatise.

The next warm-up game is on Saturday, when the Knights will be playing amongst themselves. The one after that is on Tuesday, once again against Free State.

Meanwhile, wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha, who underwent surgery on his left thumb late on Monday, is moving around with his arm in a sling.

“Nothing can be assumed till the stitches are removed… For now, we’ve just got to wait and watch,” is what the Knights’ team director, Joy Bhattacharjya, had to say.

BANFAN
April 9, 2009, 05:25 AM

Thanks, Now I can be Professional Voter :)

Ajfar
April 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
thanks for the link razi..its just his first warm up game..hopefully he'll do much better in the next game..

Zeeshan
April 9, 2009, 11:24 AM
hoise eibar nachanachi bondho?

bdchamp20
April 9, 2009, 05:09 PM
Mashrafe is still no. 1 in the website. He is infact the first player to get over 50000 votes in the Knight of the Hour competition. Hope the owners are keeping track of this.

Ehsan
April 11, 2009, 11:26 AM
Mash is no longer no.1. You guys had to post it in public, and now someone is using it for Agarkar. I am gonna delete that post.

All the people who has the tool, now go and make Mash no.1.

Razi
April 11, 2009, 12:13 PM
Mash is no longer no.1. You guys had to post it in public, and now someone is using it for Agarkar. I am gonna delete that post.

All the people who has the tool, now go and make Mash no.1.

This is simply outrageous, how can Agarkar get 250,000 votes from 30,000 in just few hours? I am damn sure it is not only for that tool, KKR admins also have a hand in this, or else this is no way possible. Someone in the KKR forum found that Agarkar's vote was increasing at a rate of almost 70-80 votes per second, so there's definitely something fishy, these Indians will never accept a Bangladeshi reaching the top.

Ajfar
April 11, 2009, 12:20 PM
bro i think u r over reacting a bit..i'm sure KKR admin have much more important things to worry abt then who's the number 1 knight in their website..

rashed411
April 11, 2009, 12:33 PM
im sure someone hacked it.. freaking indians... no one from BC cant hack it? try to packet edit or something... i cant cause im using linux. :(

Neel Here
April 11, 2009, 12:42 PM
This is simply outrageous, how can Agarkar get 250,000 votes from 30,000 in just few hours? I am damn sure it is not only for that tool, KKR admins also have a hand in this, or else this is no way possible. Someone in the KKR forum found that Agarkar's vote was increasing at a rate of almost 70-80 votes per second, so there's definitely something fishy, these Indians will never accept a Bangladeshi reaching the top.

:lol: :floor: :floor:

how old are you ??

bdchamp20
April 11, 2009, 01:29 PM

how old are you ??
Why? What's wrong with what he said? I have noticed that you always have to comment when something is said against India, why is that?

Neel Here
April 11, 2009, 01:44 PM
any ridiculous comment makes me laugh.
if you knew how the world works you would laugh at that too. cheers !

rashed411
April 11, 2009, 01:45 PM
Why? What's wrong with what he said? I have noticed that you always have to comment when something is said against India, why is that?

Yes, i've noticed that also... i think he is one of them.

Murad
April 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
Mashrafe naki ekhono kono contract sign korenai. KKR really unprofessionals. I want them to lose all the matches. They treat their players so badly. They proved it last year.

Mashrafe is still in uncertainty.
Prothom alo reports.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTUwMzU3&mid=OA==

btw ash made 3 in their practice match among themselves.

Mahmood
April 11, 2009, 06:27 PM
I would not worry about the contract, KKR has to pay him since they bought him in the auction.

kalpurush
April 11, 2009, 09:43 PM

how old are you ??
older than you!!!? ;)

kalpurush
April 11, 2009, 09:45 PM
Care to share with us ...?:)

kalpurush
April 11, 2009, 09:54 PM
btw ash made 3 in their practice match among themselves.
Will it be a better pay if he scores a ton? Ash doesn't care about money...its all about how he defends his failure?!!;)

yaseer
April 11, 2009, 10:02 PM

I really would like to know how it works........

yaseer
April 11, 2009, 10:08 PM

Agarkar got 294,000 from 30,000 within couple of hours.
I had also doubt on KKR Admins.....and raised voice on their forum. Is it possible without Admins involvement?

And as far as KKR contract with Mash....as they have bought him from auction, they have to pay him the money, don't they? Otherwise Mash can sue them. They have also had a formal press conference and MAsh is in SA now.....I dont think contract signing can be a big issue if auction money is bound to pay by KKR

Ajfar
April 11, 2009, 11:53 PM
guys when mashrafe suddenly jumped from 20 something thousand to 70 something thousand other peoples could have said the same thing...clearly agarkar fans did something along that line..why do we always have to find a conspiracy in everything..

KnightBD
April 12, 2009, 02:02 AM

yea. you'r right :mad:
there is no way they will let mash be on top, just as simple as that.

yaseer
April 12, 2009, 03:45 AM
Mash is in No#1 spot again.......Agarkar kupokat!!

Spitfire_x86
April 12, 2009, 09:19 AM
guys when mashrafe suddenly jumped from 20 something thousand to 70 something thousand other peoples could have said the same thing...clearly agarkar fans did something along that line..why do we always have to find a conspiracy in everything..
[বাংলা]চোরের মার বড় গলা...[/বাংলা]

I don't have any problem with cheating in such a meaningless poll, but complaining when others are doing the same thing is pure hypocrisy.

kalpurush
April 12, 2009, 08:31 PM
Current statur:

Dada = 31,986
Ajairakar = 9,94,592
Mash, The Great = 1,08,2,696

rashed411
April 12, 2009, 09:00 PM
Current statur:

Dada = 31,986
Ajairakar = 9,94,592
Mash, The Great = 1,08,2,696

why do u put a comma after 2 digit... ? you make it all confusing...
EDIT:
DADA=31,986
Ajairakar= 994,593
Mash, The Great= 1,087,861

sbanana
April 12, 2009, 11:07 PM
Mash will shut everyone's mouth with his performance.

bujhee kom
April 14, 2009, 11:27 PM
ki mia bhais,
khela shuru hoise ni? kokhon?

Tigers_eye
April 15, 2009, 07:59 AM
why do u put a comma after 2 digit... ? you make it all confusing...
EDIT:
DADA=31,986
Ajairakar= 994,593
Mash, The Great= 1,087,861
You have been in the west for too long. The two digit commas' after thousand is how they do in the subcontinent. Not confusing for us at all.

Neel Here
April 15, 2009, 09:01 AM
older than you!!!? ;)

in maturity ? I doubt it ! :big_hug:

Yes, i've noticed that also... i think he is one of them.
why do you have a problem with anyone supporting anything as long as it is based on reason ? ;)

mind you, if you see me only supporting india then you haven't followed my posts.
cheers !

if you think kkr officials have got nothing better to do rather than dcotor stupid polls on obscure fansites that no one knows about, well I can only pray for you !

in other things, who can say agarkar supporters didn't pick up clues how to increase voting from BC itself ?? :-D
it's quite popular you know and after there are more indians in this world than bangladeshis and that equates into more people with PC and net connection !!

(shakes his head in disbelief at wasting time on a stupid topic !
but then I love BC !! )

Tigers_eye
April 16, 2009, 08:16 AM
5 mill now. Take that Agarkar fan's. When the big boys come to play they bring in heavy guns. And this is not LMGs. These are 16" barrols that can take out a City from few knotical miles away. Thanks Rajputro.

Neel Here
April 16, 2009, 08:32 AM
I'm surprised how someone can support agarkar, he is an atrocious cricketer.

RazabQ
April 16, 2009, 12:39 PM
Neel Here - Agarkar is what they call in America a coach-killer. Someone who shows just enough glimpse of sublime performance to keep you believing in him, only to have your heart broken. We have our own version that too :)

Mohiul
April 17, 2009, 08:47 AM
vote for mash here (http://www.kkr.in/home.aspx)

Mash is on top of the list of KKR Fans. So far he has highest no of votes which is http://www.kkr.in/images/knight_ofthe_hour.gif (http://www.kkr.in/home.aspx#)

Mashrafe Mortaza
Total votes: 5997531
link (http://www.kkr.in/home.aspx)

rashed411
April 17, 2009, 09:05 AM
vote for mash here (http://www.kkr.in/home.aspx)

Mash is on top of the list of KKR Fans. So far he has highest no of votes which is http://www.kkr.in/images/knight_ofthe_hour.gif (http://www.kkr.in/home.aspx#)

Mashrafe Mortaza
Total votes: 5997531
link (http://www.kkr.in/home.aspx)

EDIT: thanx mod