PDA

View Full Version : Gayle(KKR)&Bravo(Mumbai) will play. Mash+Ash less likely to play.

pagol-chagol
April 7, 2009, 04:47 PM
Ash wasn't going to play anyway, but now its certain.

Gayle might be the spinner of the team, which might make it easier for Mash to replace the SriLankan wizard.

http://content.cricinfo.com/wiveng2009/content/current/story/398800.html

Zeeshan
April 7, 2009, 04:51 PM
Re-fund!
Re-fund!
Re-fund!

bdchamp20
April 7, 2009, 05:00 PM
How do you know? Are they going to play a fixed XI for the whole tournament? I don't understand how you can draw such judgements. There was another thread made just because Cricinfo made a probable XI, you have to understand that its Cricinfo's predictions the team will be made by the coach and the captain who will decide based on performance in the nets. Cricinfo also suggested Shakib was going to be bought for $500,000 and what happened? He wasn't bought at all.

We all know Tendulkar is fond of Ash and he will play at least 2-3 matches. And as for Mash the Kolkata media is already touting him as the pace spearhead for the team.

nycpro96
April 7, 2009, 05:51 PM
go the the KKR site. mash is most popular KKR player according to a recent ongoing poll

Ajfar
April 7, 2009, 08:41 PM
Gayle might be the spinner of the team, which might make it easier for Mash to replace the SriLankan wizard.

gayle is a spinner, and mash is a opening bowler..what in the world are you talking about?? as i said before..i dont think anybody is dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 to warm the bench

pagol-chagol
April 8, 2009, 01:00 AM
gayle is a spinner, and mash is a opening bowler..what in the world are you talking about?? as i said before..i dont think anybody is dumb enough to pay somebody $600,000 to warm the bench

I think you are unaware that a maximum of 4 international players can play in a game. KKR has to decide who are the best 4 combination for any given game.

pagol-chagol
April 8, 2009, 01:07 AM
How do you know? Are they going to play a fixed XI for the whole tournament? I don't understand how you can draw such judgements. .

A fixed XI ??? Who claimed that. Straw man theory.

There was another thread made just because Cricinfo made a probable XI, you have to understand that its Cricinfo's predictions the team will be made by the coach and the captain who will decide based on performance in the nets. Cricinfo also suggested Shakib was going to be bought for $500,000 and what happened? He wasn't bought at all..

That was speculation. This is fact. Read the article before you comment.

We all know Tendulkar is fond of Ash and he will play at least 2-3 matches.

Ash has to be in the top 4 foreigners to play. Very unlikely despite any fondness.

And as for Mash the Kolkata media is already touting him as the pace spearhead for the team.

Kolkata team has Sharma + many foreigners. I think Mash will make it in top 4 foreigners in most of the games. I hope his back injury doesn't hold him back. Its the math of 4 foreigners. Otherwise Mash would be in everygame. Unfair.

Zeeshan
April 8, 2009, 01:21 AM
guess there is a method to pagol-chagol-ness after all....

Tintin
April 8, 2009, 02:04 AM
Ash has to be in the top 4 foreigners to play. Very unlikely despite any fondness.

What will probably happen is that Ash will be given a couple of matches in the first half of the tournament. If he scores runs, they will continue to play him. If he does as he did in the Asia v Africa matches, he will be used only for fielding for the rest of the matches.

Razzak's case last time was different because BRC was in a hopeless position all through the competition and was not willing to experiment till they were out of contention for the semifinal.

Nadim
April 8, 2009, 03:03 AM
every single thread is opened by pagol-chagol is useless.im being 100% honest

sorry to say that pagol-chagol

Ajfar
April 8, 2009, 10:12 AM
I think you are unaware that a maximum of 4 international players can play in a game. KKR has to decide who are the best 4 combination for any given game.

i'm very well aware of that..and as i said before..i'm sure KKR management is smart enough to know that $600,000 is alot of money...they could have easily paid sakib $50,000 and have him warm the bench and at the same time get bangladeshi crowd on their side...

pagol-chagol
April 8, 2009, 10:56 AM

I hope you understand that Gayle will be picked ahead of Mashrafee to fill one of 4 foreigner positions in every significant T20 game (if available).

I hope you understand that Bravo will be picked ahead of Ashraful to fill one of 4 foreigner positions in every significant T20 game (if available).

If I have hurt your feelings in other threads, I apologize. I am sometimes mean to people who do not answer with logic. I hope you are not one of those.

pagol-chagol
April 8, 2009, 11:04 AM
i'm very well aware of that..and as i said before..i'm sure KKR management is smart enough to know that $600,000 is alot of money...they could have easily paid sakib $50,000 and have him warm the bench and at the same time get bangladeshi crowd on their side...

I am hoping that Mashrafee's high salary will create extra pressures on the KKR coaches and the captain to play him. However, don't forget they offered him $100,000 before the auction. I am sure Mashrafee will get to play at least some games to prove his value. I am just not sure Mash can be one of the top 4 foreign performers. Gayle is an all world player who is irreplacable for any team.

Mumbai loves Bravo and he will be in every XI, if available. Since he is suddenly available from the beginning, Ash may not even get the chance to be in any XI. How can he prove himself if he doesn't play? All I am hoping is that he gets to learn in the practices.

Rabz
April 8, 2009, 11:12 AM
CP, relax mate.
Just because X is in the team, Y is in the team does not necessarily mean that A or B will miss the opportunity.

Let the team managament decide who plays and who not.
Have some faith on our players. Given the opportunity, i'm sure they can make their own mark. They dont need to rely on x-y/z to be in the team.

This competition would only bring the best out of them, something they miss so importantly in the national team.

pagol-chagol
April 8, 2009, 11:30 AM
CP, relax mate.Just because X is in the team, Y is in the team does not necessarily mean that A or B will miss the opportunity.

Its all about "PROBABILITY", and the probability of being in top 4 goes down significantly when a far superior foreign player becomes available. One can be in absoluely relaxed state and predict that probability is lower. This is not Rocket Science.

I neither have the money nor the willingness to take that right away from them.

Have some faith on our players.

I have faith in Mash, but not in "jodi laigga jai" Ash.

Given the opportunity,

That's what I am talking about. The probability of "opportunity" has been reduced.

I'm sure they can make their own mark.

How can you be so sure? Have you been following Ashraful's career?

They dont need to rely on x-y/z to be in the team.

If only 3 foreigners are available, then Mash and Ash might play every game, if they are playing better than at most 7 Indians. The "availability" decides who gets the chance almost as much as performance.

This competition would only bring the best out of them, something they miss so importantly in the national team.

Agree 100%. Even if they don't play a lot, they should learn a lot, although in Ashraful's case I am not so sure. I think Sakib would have learnt a lot more.

Tigers_eye
April 8, 2009, 12:30 PM

His thought process is way over our heads (complement). I have learned my lesson trying to argue on NRR and lost. He is no ordinary Pagol.

The only thing he is missing that in the second half of IPL season Gayle and Bravo are to make the trip to England. :) Which would bump the probablity for them getting selected.

But the thread title is as solid as rock.

Although Mash was auctioned at $600,000 I am willing to put my neck out there and say that the real contract would not be that much. Apnara kau Indian businessmen chinen na.

bdchamp20
April 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
A fixed XI ??? Who claimed that. Straw man theory.
So how can you be "certain" that Ash will not play?

That was speculation. This is fact. Read the article before you comment.
What fact are you talking about exactly? Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?

14 matches and Ash will be available for all of them. Are you saying it is highly unlikely that he will be considered for a single match?

Kolkata team has Sharma + many foreigners. I think Mash will make it in top 4 foreigners in most of the games. I hope his back injury doesn't hold him back. Its the math of 4 foreigners. Otherwise Mash would be in everygame. Unfair.
The only foreing player who is in direct competition with Mash is Langi, who is way past his prime.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 8, 2009, 01:46 PM
Ash's chance of playing looks grim. Fernando, Sayasuriya, Bravo and Duminy will be the first choice international 4. In Jaysuriya and Bravo's absence Ash may get to see some action. Ash may have to contend with Luke Ronchi (Wkb) and Graham Napier (OB) for a place just because only 4 "foreigners" are allowed to participate in the game.
Mash has very little possibility of playing in spite of the vaccancy left by Umer Gul and Shoaib. They will go with Dinda their other fast bowler who has aggression but not much substance. I also don't see how KKR captain would choose to play Mash if Mendis recovers from the bullet wounds, in time before the tournament begins. If McCallum is available he will play, no doubt in his role as a Wkb. The other wicketkeeper Taibu is another option and playing him as he is a "foreigner" would hurt Mash's chance of playing as well. David Hussey, Ricky Ponting and Brad Hodge will play barring cricket australia's committment or fear of being burned out from too much cricket. They also purchased Moises Henriques who in most people's estimation is the next Jaques Kallis so there will be pressure put on Ganguly from Buchannan to play him. The fact that you can only play 4 that really hurts the two Bangladeshi players.

Nadim
April 8, 2009, 02:08 PM
pagol chagol bhai im really sorry coz i know my word hurt u.forgive me as a little bro.thanx

Murad
April 8, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ricky Ponting is not playing in this year's IPL. David Hussey will play only for a week as he will leave for UAE along with Bret Lee. Gayle too will play for only 1 week. He will leave on May 1st.

Mash will play no matter what.

Ash's chance is very low. But you never know. He might end up playing more matches than we are predicting now.

ammark
April 8, 2009, 02:56 PM
This thread makes me want to go back to betfair right now. Pity, I'm broke

pagol-chagol
April 8, 2009, 03:04 PM
1. So how can you be "certain" that Ash will not play?

2. What fact are you talking about exactly? Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?

3. 14 matches and Ash will be available for all of them. Are you saying it is highly unlikely that he will be considered for a single match?

4. The only foreing player who is in direct competition with Mash is Langi, who is way past his prime.

1. Anybody who is in the roster has greater than 0% chance of playing at least one game. "Certain" > 0% but close. However, nobody has lesser probability than Ashraful. Indians with far inferior talent than Ash will play, because they are not in the 4 player foreign quota. Inclusion of Bravo makes it closer to 0%, that Ash will play. That was the point of this thread. He has to go through many litmus tests in order to make XI in each game.

Bravo and Gayle are guaranteed to have 1 of 4 slots, if available.

Speculation - Cricinfo's probable XI.

Fact - Bravo and Gayle will be available more than expected (article).

You said, "Where does it say Ash or Mash will not play?"

Did anyone claim that the article said they can't play? No. The availability makes the probability lower for Ash + Mash. That's all.

Do you think Raj would have played if his team wasn't eliminated? Many things have to go right for Ash, including extra ordinary practice sessions, to get the chance to play. I think his best hope is, like Raj, that his team is either eliminated or no need to fight for playoff positioning toward the end of the tournament.

A lot of people seem to think Mash is in competition with foreign pacers only. :hairpull:
Please read Ishtylish Cricketers post to get a better understanding of this issue.

pagol-chagol
April 8, 2009, 03:14 PM
pagol chagol bhai im really sorry coz i know my word hurt u.forgive me as a little bro.thanx

I am immune to insults/hurt. You can curse me/my family/country/religion whatever. I won't mind. I just hope you'll give me the reason, so that I can stop thinking wrongly.

Murad
April 8, 2009, 03:41 PM
But Gayle is there for only 1 week. He will leave SA on May first. So you can say he will play only 2/3 matches.

Mash is a fast bowler and good batsman for T20 cricket. Mash's chance is more than 90%. KKR will play 3 pacers: Mash, Ishant and Agarkar. You don't wanna compare him with an opening batsman.

Ash has to fight with JP Duminy for a slot. JP Duminy is another over-hyped. He is currently out of form as well. Lets what happens.

RazabQ
April 8, 2009, 03:58 PM
PC - why are we assuming that Jaya over Ash is automatic? We can assume Mills/Fernando will compete for 1 slot. Bravo and Duminy are both shoo-ins which leaves us in a battle of Ash, Jaya and Ranchi for the 4th spot. Look at Jaya's form for Mohammedan against the same level of opposition as Ash has been playing in - nothing extraordinary. And Ash can hold his own in the T20 format against the likes of a Ranchi - especially in South Africe where the ball will come to bat nicely and reduces the need for a power based game (ala Ronchi, Symonds, etc.)

Tigers_eye
April 8, 2009, 04:10 PM
But Gayle is there for only 1 week. He will leave SA on May first. So you can say he will play only 2/3 matches.

Mash is a fast bowler and good batsman for T20 cricket. Mash's chance is more than 90%. KKR will play 3 pacers: Mash, Ishant and Agarkar. You don't wanna compare him with an opening batsman.

Ash has to fight with JP Duminy for a slot. JP Duminy is another over-hyped. He is currently out of form as well. Lets what happens.
No one here is comparing Mash with an opener. Everyone is thinking of the four slots KKR can fill with foreign spots.
McCulum a must. Gayle is a must even for two - four games. When Gayle goes Hussey is available then. So two spots of the four is occupied. I don't know what KKR would do but Mendis is a shoe in. Slot left 1. What is Mash's chances?

Tigers_eye
April 8, 2009, 04:16 PM
PC - why are we assuming that Jaya over Ash is automatic? We can assume Mills/Fernando will compete for 1 slot. Bravo and Duminy are both shoo-ins which leaves us in a battle of Ash, Jaya and Ranchi for the 4th spot. Look at Jaya's form for Mohammedan against the same level of opposition as Ash has been playing in - nothing extraordinary. And Ash can hold his own in the T20 format against the likes of a Ranchi - especially in South Africe where the ball will come to bat nicely and reduces the need for a power based game (ala Ronchi, Symonds, etc.)
Automatic and some.
I know shojon priti amader shobar moddhey asey but in which world a sane person will chose Ash over Jayasuriya? And what does Ash know about explosive batting that Sanath doesn't? Sanath can also chip in with his arm. He may be old but 50% sanath is better than anyone in that team. Finally, no one looks at what Sanath did at Dhaka Premier league. They look at the 10k+ runs that he accumulated in ODIs.

RazabQ
April 8, 2009, 04:57 PM
TE - I'm not looking at it with a shojon priti lens. I was however mistaken in thinking Robin Uthappa was still there. So Jaya and Tendu will open and Ash will ride the bench. Only if Ash or Napier is slotted in as an opener/pinch-hitter can I see him getting in.

Murad
April 8, 2009, 05:33 PM
No one here is comparing Mash with an opener. Everyone is thinking of the four slots KKR can fill with foreign spots.
McCulum a must. Gayle is a must even for two - four games. When Gayle goes Hussey is available then. So two spots of the four is occupied. I don't know what KKR would do but Mendis is a shoe in. Slot left 1. What is Mash's chances?

Hussey too will leave SA in the first week of May.

Mendis will not play that many matches. The game is in SA. They have enough part time spinners in Gayle and Hussey.

McCullum & Mash will play the most matches as foreigners.

Ricky Ponting is already out for the whole tournament
Gayle out on May 1st
David Hussey in the end of first week

So 3 out. Who are the other foreign players they have other than Mash, McCullum and Mendis?

Shehwar
April 8, 2009, 06:56 PM
This thread makes me want to go back to betfair right now. Pity, I'm broke

What wud u put ur money on bro?...I could use some money...

Baundule
April 9, 2009, 06:07 AM
Good thread and very good discussions. Becoming a fan of pagol-sagol. :)

I love the following reply the most (from #15)

Quote:
I neither have the money nor the willingness to take that right away from them.

bdchamp20
April 9, 2009, 07:27 AM
I read Graham Napier's interview in the Metro today. He said so far he is certain to play only the first fortnight of the IPL and after that the call is with his county Essex. He said Essex is his first priority and if they want him back for the County Championship then he wouldn't think twice to return.

I personally think Napier is hyped. He smacked a few sixes around in a domestic second division T20 match and he is already being tagged as a superstar. His List A stats are very poor and I think he will be caught out by the Mumbai management. He wasn't going to be a barrier for Ash anyway. Ash's main competitor is Duminy.

pagol-chagol
April 9, 2009, 08:33 AM
Ash's main competitor is Duminy.

Ash said, "My only competition in the ocean is a shark, and I don't know how to swim."

http://content.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/player/44932.html

"On debut he helped guided South Africa to a successful chase of 414 in Perth with an unbeaten 50, then he followed that with a serene 166 in Melbourne to rescue to his team from the prospect of a huge deficit. Those two innings confirmed him as an integral part of South Africa's future, and he build on that with impressive performances in the subsequent limited-overs game. His timing was perfect: South Africa clinched the Test and ODI series, and he subsequently earned a whopping US$950,000 annual contract with the IPL's Mumbai Indians.
Duminy's batting is elegant and graceful, with a silky cover-drive and a strong square cut. He has few problems when the ball is short, either, and like a lot of left-handers likes to whip deliveries through midwicket. There is a calmness about his play that belies his age, an approach that flows into his personality."

Tigers_eye
April 9, 2009, 08:49 AM
Hussey too will leave SA in the first week of May.

Mendis will not play that many matches. The game is in SA. They have enough part time spinners in Gayle and Hussey.

McCullum & Mash will play the most matches as foreigners.

Ricky Ponting is already out for the whole tournament
Gayle out on May 1st
David Hussey in the end of first week

So 3 out. Who are the other foreign players they have other than Mash, McCullum and Mendis?
We agree to disagree. Only time will tell.
Foreign players for Knight riders: [from their website]
1) David Hussey
2) Ricky Ponting
3) McCullum
4) Mashrafe Murtaza
5) Mendis
6) Moises Henriques
7) Mark Cameron
8) Mathew (Angelo)
9) Morne Van Wyke
10) Chris Gayle
11) Brad Hodge Plus:
12) Charl Langeveldt recently signed.

Bowlers: Mendis, Murtaza, Langi, Mark Cameron plus the locals Ishant, Ajit, Dinda.

From the recent match at South Africa: Telegraph:

“I don’t wish to comment on the captaincy issue… But, yes, it’s nice to get runs in one’s first match in new conditions… However, there’s a long way to go… There’s plenty of work to be done,” Sourav told The Telegraph.

Having reached Bloemfontein only on Monday evening, Sourav said he was “still jet-lagged.”

The Knights restricted Free State to 152 for eight. The target was knocked off with five balls to spare.

No.3 Cheteshwar Pujara also scored an unbeaten half-century — 66, the Knights’ best effort.

Ajit Agarkar and Charl Langeveldt were the most successful bowlers, each getting two wickets.

Mashrafe Mortaza, making his maiden appearance in the Knight Riders colours, had two good (middle) overs, but went for runs in his first and fourth.

He landed with Sourav and, being a quick, needs more time to acclimatise.
Do your own permutation and combination.

Rabz
April 9, 2009, 10:36 AM
This is why i think Mash would play in the first, or at latest, the second game (onward).

KKR paid a bucket load of money to get him. The drama surrounding Mash was the highlight on the auction day. People are raising questions about his exuberant price and many believes he was over priced.

Both Mash and KKR needs to justify their investment.

If they dont play him in the first game, people would start to ask questions. Points would be raised, specially in Kolkata media, why buy someone for huge amount and not play him.
So, to put all the doubts behind, Mash would play in the first game. IF not, second game a must.

That way, if he does well, the investment is justified and fans questions are answered for a while.
IF he does not do well, they would keep him as reserve and only play him when the more fancied international players departs.

But like the rest, I also belive in Mash.
We have seen the fire within him and i believe he'd be a star performer of the tournament.

Kolkata, get ready for Mash-mania.

Tigers_eye
April 9, 2009, 12:20 PM
No problem in keeping Mash on the sideline sighting back problem.

Rabz, if your thought process for Mash can be applicable all across then Ash don't have a chance cause Duminy was bought for $900,000+. :lol:

Rabz
April 9, 2009, 12:51 PM
Mijan bhai, with Duminy's current form, he would be the first choice for any team. On top of that, he is a Saffer and this year's IPL, as we all know, is in South Africa.

Mumbai dont need to justify the price for Ash, he could be sidelined for the whole season and the only people who'd be complaining would be us, Bangladeshi fans.

But the price tag of $600K does speak for itself. Bling bling talks.

In that sense, MI management have much less pressure to justify Ash's inclusion. But he would be the catch of the tournament, or atleast he are hoping so.

Mash, on other hand, hit the right time right place thoery. Everything fell in the right spot for him and the rivalry between the galatic residents helped him immensely.

pagol-chagol
April 9, 2009, 12:53 PM
No problem in keeping Mash on the sideline sighting back problem.

Rabz, if your thought process for Mash can be applicable all across then Ash don't have a chance cause Duminy was bought for $900,000+. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px7hV6mRtgc&feature=related

sharjilh
April 9, 2009, 01:13 PM
Mumbai has two of the best overseas batsmen in Jayasuriya and Duminy, so Ashraful's chances of playing a lot of games are really less. With a maximum of 4 overseas players, one should be the wicketkeeper which is Luke Ronchi, and the other should be a bowling allrounder which they have many to choose from: Napier/McLaren/Mills. Id love to see Ashraful play, but he's more of a bench/emergency player for them.

Mortaza's chances of playing are much much much higher! :)

Murad
April 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks Mijan bhai, I didn't know Langa is in KKR team. Being a South African and experienced bowler, he will play in most of the matches. Mash's chance are very low now as Langa is a good bowler, especially in his home condition.

Megh
April 11, 2009, 01:16 PM
Foreign players for Knight riders: [from their website]
1) David Hussey
2) Ricky Ponting
3) McCullum
4) Mashrafe Murtaza
5) Mendis
6) Moises Henriques
7) Mark Cameron
8) Mathew (Angelo)
9) Morne Van Wyke
10) Chris Gayle
11) Brad Hodge Plus:
12) Charl Langeveldt recently signed.

Bowlers: Mendis, Murtaza, Langi, Mark Cameron plus the locals Ishant, Ajit, Dinda.

i think Mash is far better than Ajit & Dinda. But Ajit can get the ball swing if this is not gonna a big issue!! still i think they can play with 4 bowlers such as Mendis, Mash, Ishant & Ajit. Pointing is not gonna play IPL this time as they said during the 4th ODI between SA & AUS yesterday. so, Gayle & McCullum can also be there. we got 4 intl players i think. so we can hope that Mash gonna get some chance there to show his talent.

And about his batting in SA....i think he is gonna do good there. cause when he played in SA, he was playing for Bangladesh where most of the time he doesn't get the platform to bat at his will. but here he can. and most of the time he played ODIs there. this is T20. so, he should go for the runs whatever the situation is. considering this i will back him up and gonna say that he is gonna go for the BIG BOOMs.

About Ash issue, i wanna say that Ash's chances to play is not that bad. cause i was watching the warm-up match between Rajasthan Royals & Cape Cobras and they showed the 10 key players of Mumbai Indians where Ashraful was there. I think as he performed well in the last T20 WC in SA, he is gonna get some chances to play there.

Purbasha T
April 11, 2009, 04:25 PM
i think Mash is far better than Ajit & Dinda. But Ajit can get the ball swing if this is not gonna a big issue!! still i think they can play with 4 bowlers such as Mendis, Mash, Ishant & Ajit. Pointing is not gonna play IPL this time as they said during the 4th ODI between SA & AUS yesterday. so, Gayle & McCullum can also be there. we got 4 intl players i think. so we can hope that Mash gonna get some chance there to show his talent.

And about his batting in SA....i think he is gonna do good there. cause when he played in SA, he was playing for Bangladesh where most of the time he doesn't get the platform to bat at his will. but here he can. and most of the time he played ODIs there. this is T20. so, he should go for the runs whatever the situation is. considering this i will back him up and gonna say that he is gonna go for the BIG BOOMs.

About Ash issue, i wanna say that Ash's chances to play is not that bad. cause i was watching the warm-up match between Rajasthan Royals & Cape Cobras and they showed the 10 key players of Mumbai Indians where Ashraful was there. I think as he performed well in the last T20 WC in SA, he is gonna get some chances to play there.

Hey, hey man! Where do you watch the warm-up games? :wave:

Tigers_eye
April 13, 2009, 10:29 AM
Gayle will be available for the first seven matches. From cricinfo:
Buchanan was excited about the talent in his squad for the 2009 IPL. "I really believe we have a balanced, exciting squad for the IPL," he said. "We will have Chris Gayle for seven games, Brendon McCullum for the whole series, while we also have Brad Hodge, who I believe is one of the best Twenty20 players in the world."
Bucanon's choice is Brad Hodge. McCulum is a must. Only ONE slot left for Mendis, Mathew, Mash and other foreign players to fight for. Up hill battle. :) I don't care as long as he gets the money. :)

yaseer
April 13, 2009, 11:30 AM
Gayle will be available for the first seven matches. From cricinfo:

Bucanon's choice is Brad Hodge. McCulum is a must. Only ONE slot left for Mendis, Mathew, Mash and other foreign players to fight for. Up hill battle. :) I don't care as long as he gets the money. :)

Easy equation - Lengavelt gonna play just because:
-why ignore SA international in his some condition.
-Bouncy pitches in SA decreases Mash's batting ability.

Only thing that can be positive for Mash is media interest because of $600000.

revolver
April 13, 2009, 12:45 PM

lol

pagol-chagol
April 13, 2009, 09:08 PM
Easy equation - Lengavelt gonna play just because:
-why ignore SA international in his some condition.
-Bouncy pitches in SA decreases Mash's batting ability.

Its true. If Mash was paid like Ash, he would be in much worse situation.

pagol-chagol
May 15, 2009, 01:52 PM
All those who thought Mash will play most of the games will see their predictions come true for the rest of the season.

Murad
May 15, 2009, 01:59 PM
Kata gaaye lobon!!!

rashed411
May 15, 2009, 02:05 PM
All those who thought Mash will play most of the games will see their predictions come true for the rest of the season.

you were absolutely right pagol-chagol... so where have u been all these days? are you the fakeiplplayer???

bdchamp20
May 15, 2009, 02:12 PM
We made those predictions before we knew Bukha was racist.

Purbasha T
May 15, 2009, 05:20 PM

...and also b4 we knew Buca was this Bhukha (for his kaka-maka etc):mad:

sbanana
May 15, 2009, 05:28 PM
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090516/jsp/sports/story_10972272.jsp

SO: Mortaza debut today, after they have made sure that they can not go further in the tournament!

Dada wanted him in the beginning : per fake blogger.

pagol-chagol
May 15, 2009, 10:20 PM

Some of us predicted using logic.

Some of us predicted using nationalism. A course on probability would have helped.

Even if Mashrafee played the first 1 or 2 games, he had to do very well to keep on playing as a top 4 foreigner. He had just come back from an injury, bowling spin in his last game in the Dhaka league. I had low confidence in a less than 100% healthy Mash to hold on to his position in the XI.

There are 3 reasons I think Mash has a good chance of succeeding tomorrow.
1. He is 100% healthy and is bowling well in practice.
2. He learnt a lot in the tournament.
3. He has a point to prove.

I hope Mc doesn't rest and plays as the wicket keeper tomorrow. His awesome keeping could get Mash an extra wicket or two.

I think Lordie would have included him in the first game or two.;)

sharjilh
May 16, 2009, 02:04 AM
still no signs of Ashraful! :(

Last game I saw him having a chat with Shaun Pollock, and also Zaheer Khan.... Cmon Tendulkar get him on the pitch! (to bat, not to carry the drinks :P)

sharjilh
May 16, 2009, 02:07 AM
oh good to hear Mashrafe will finally play! :)

Tigers_eye
May 16, 2009, 04:49 AM
Some of us predicted using logic.

Some of us predicted using nationalism. A course on probability would have helped.

Even if Mashrafee played the first 1 or 2 games, he had to do very well to keep on playing as a top 4 foreigner. He had just come back from an injury, bowling spin in his last game in the Dhaka league. I had low confidence in a less than 100% healthy Mash to hold on to his position in the XI.

There are 3 reasons I think Mash has a good chance of succeeding tomorrow.
1. He is 100% healthy and is bowling well in practice.
3. He has a point to prove.

I hope Mc doesn't rest and plays as the wicket keeper tomorrow. His awesome keeping could get Mash an extra wicket or two.

I think Lordie would have included him in the first game or two.;)

Once again Pagol wins. Let this be lesson for everyone not to disagree with BC's only non-pagol. (contradiciting? I know).

BANFAN
May 16, 2009, 06:11 AM

- Not Sure, Lets hope so
- But the amount of polite & non polite tricks he had been through, he definitely has learnt a few non-cricketing tricks for sure.

:)

pagol-chagol
May 16, 2009, 12:39 PM
Wise people have said - there is no substitute for match practice.