PDA

View Full Version : Johan Botha's bowling action

JonBain
April 15, 2009, 02:17 PM
cricinfo article
http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavaus2009/content/current/story/399669.html

As a South African, I have to speak about this. During the 4th ODI in SA on 13th April 2009, I counted at least 3 deliveries that were chucked by Botha. And another dozen or more that were marginal. In his first over, his action has ok (ish?), and he was hit for 2 sixes. As the pressure mounted, his action became more suspect. One could sense that the Australians were quite annoyed with something - it had to be this. This guy has persisted in throwing and its just plain wrong. He cannot be allowed to spoil the game, its bad sportsmanship, and the rest of the team are also being unsporting by supporting this nonsense. Arthur is as much of a cheat as the selectors are by including this twit in the team.

On behalf of honest south africans - sorry about this australia - but the ICC have to crack down on this. Thank goodness at least that he is not in the test matches.

I urge whoever SA play next to refuse to take the field if Botha is in the team.

Its just not cricket. :ticking:

RazabQ
April 15, 2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah his action is definitely dodgy - and this from a fan who is used to watching Abdur Razzak! In Razzak's case, I've always found his quicker delivery not kosher.

But it is an interesting case, is it not? I mean why was he given the captaincy of the ODI side ahead of Kallis, Prince, Boucher? That makes Saffers have too much invested in the guy to just give up on him.

Nadim
April 15, 2009, 02:56 PM
Well, if it was any1 from BD then could aspect some punishment

JonBain
April 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
An international bowler does not need to be taught how to bowl correctly.
It really annoys me, especially after the Cronje situation,
at least Cronje won most of his matches, so most of the time he was not throwing games,
whereas Botha throws in every game.

[edit - mod]

Neel Here
April 17, 2009, 11:12 PM
[edit]
please ! that's in really poor taste ! :o

don't make a racially/ethnically prejudiced comment and lower both yours and your country's reputation !

JonBain
April 19, 2009, 08:43 AM
Well, I have lived here all my life, and this is typical of them.
I suppose you think apartheid was a good idea then?

Its no great surprise that a certain ex-player of unmentioned ethnicity was the same one who pushed Hansie Cronje as captain, and now he sings the praises of Botha in his weekly newspaper collumn.

So now its prejudice to say that cheats are cheats!!!
That is called a judgement, not a prejudgement.

Neel Here
April 19, 2009, 12:27 PM
I suppose you think apartheid was a good idea then?
absolutely not ! and what you are doing is based on similar principles.

So now its prejudice to say that cheats are cheats!!!
it's not, as long you restrict your comments to the cheats themselves.

when you start saying the cheat's parents, relatives brothers friends etc etc are all cheats, simply by association, it is called prejudice.

may be you would not understand unless you face this yourself. sorry for being blunt.
regards.