PDA

View Full Version : South African: possibly good hunting ground for Ash

al Furqaan
April 15, 2009, 07:09 PM
http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;host=1;host=2;h ost=3;host=4;host=5;host=9;opposition=1;opposition =2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;oppositi on=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;tem plate=results;type=batting

according to this, ash's performance in traditionally pace-friendly lands (i.e outside the subcontinent) are quite a bit better than his overall career stats. these stats include all ODIs against G8 countries, in Aus, NZ, SA, WI, Eng, and Zim.

interestingly most of ash's top scores have come in these venues. 100, 94, 87, 73, 70.

so it might be better for him that the IPL was shifted to SA.

al Furqaan
April 15, 2009, 07:19 PM
http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/35320.html?class=2;filter=advanced;host=1;host=2;h ost=3;host=4;host=5;host=9;opposition=1;opposition =2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;oppositi on=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results ;type=batting

same parameters for a sachin tendulkar dimish considerbaly, his average goes down 6 pts, which is aprox 13-15% decrease from career averages.

adam gilchrist's stats also go down, showing tendulkar's subcontinent-ness is not a factor.

lara's stats went up marginally: http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/52337.html?class=2;filter=advanced;host=1;host=2;h ost=3;host=4;host=5;host=9;opposition=1;opposition =2;opposition=3;opposition=5;opposition=6;oppositi on=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;template=results ;type=batting

Murad
April 15, 2009, 10:23 PM
wow.. he has good average in South Africa, England and in Newzealand. all over 30

very very very poor average in Australia..

bujhee kom
April 15, 2009, 10:40 PM
Very good dig Al-Furqaan bhaiya!
"...most of ash's top scores have come in these venues. 100, 94, 87, 73, 70." ~ this is a very good record. I hope and pray that our Ash fires up beyond beliefe in Afrika this time....like blitzkerz/kirg(spell?) like attack!

sbanana
April 15, 2009, 11:40 PM
all the best to Ash

Nadim
April 16, 2009, 12:56 AM
wow.. he has good average in South Africa, England and in Newzealand. all over 30

very very very poor average in Australia..

look at his average against zimbabwe.really poor.why can't he bash like s.nafis against zim?

revolver
April 16, 2009, 04:54 AM
i hope ash goes gunz and knives

RazabQ
April 16, 2009, 12:41 PM
Al Furqaan - Ash's big score against Saffers was not on a pace friendly deck. It was on a classic, subcontinental style mud pitch in Guyana.

Murad
April 16, 2009, 01:17 PM
WI wickets are not bouncy. These are just a bit better than some of the subcontinent wickets.

sharjilh
April 16, 2009, 03:55 PM
http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/55988.html?class=2;filter=advanced;host=1;host=2;h ost=3;host=4;host=5;host=9;opposition=1;opposition =2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;oppositi on=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;tem plate=results;type=batting

according to this, ash's performance in traditionally pace-friendly lands (i.e outside the subcontinent) are quite a bit better than his overall career stats. these stats include all ODIs against G8 countries, in Aus, NZ, SA, WI, Eng, and Zim.

interestingly most of ash's top scores have come in these venues. 100, 94, 87, 73, 70.

so it might be better for him that the IPL was shifted to SA.

wow not bad, he probably really enjoys the ball coming faster to the bat, so that he can use the pace more from the ball, rather than his own strength/force :P

al Furqaan
April 17, 2009, 02:26 AM
Al Furqaan - Ash's big score against Saffers was not on a pace friendly deck. It was on a classic, subcontinental style mud pitch in Guyana.

well, i did it by venue...now traditionally Australia, England, South Africa, and New Zealand are considered "pace friendly". i added zimbabwe due to its proximity to SA, and WI because they've produced so many legedary pacers. left out pakistan since its part of the subcontinent.

i do remember the low slow track of guyana though. although the cardiff track had some bounce to it...not sure about the others, though i think nottingham was also fairly pacey. and his 73 against saffers came in SA last year...the tests had some pretty green tracks - as green as i've ever seen BD play on - so i'm assuming the ODI pitches weren't dust bowls.