PDA

View Full Version : Modi's promise

bdchamp20
April 17, 2009, 08:20 AM
What happened to Lalit Modi's promise that at least 3 Bangladeshis will be taking part in IPL-2? So far only 2 Bangladeshis Ash and Mash have been included in IPL squads. Razzak's contract seems to have been terminated without any news or announcement. Won't anyone from BCB question Modi?

Tintin
April 17, 2009, 10:06 AM
Sorry sir, but you shouldn't believe anything that Modi says. It was quite obvious at the time that he was making that statement only to stop more defections to ICL. Once the crisis was past, it got ignored. And to be fair, you'll find that Modi said more Bangladesh cricketers will be included in the *IPL auction* and not IPL itself.

By the way, you must have heard of the the seven and half minute timeout in IPL. According to Modi, they have introduced it to speed up the game and not for making extra cash.

mahbubH
April 17, 2009, 10:14 AM
What happened to Lalit Modi's promise that at least 3 Bangladeshis will be taking part in IPL-2? So far only 2 Bangladeshis Ash and Mash have been included in IPL squads. Razzak's contract seems to have been terminated without any news or announcement. Won't anyone from BCB question Modi?
I read somewhere (cannot remember the name of the newspaper) that Bangalor and Razzack agreed to terminate the contact. Probably Razzak got his salary for the second year (without playing) and no money for the third year. Probably Bangalore approached when he was suspended for chucking and Razzack took the safest route!

Rabz
April 17, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hey, atleast 7 Bangladeshis ( or was it more?? cant remember) were up for grabs in the auction. Its not Modi's fault if nobody was interested to pick 'em up.
Dont go blame them for everything. All the IPL guys can do is to include them in their auction, but cant force the teams to buy players, unless it is a matter of greater national interest.Unlucky for Sakib he was not picked, but it is more to do with the team he represents than his ability.

Plus, i dont want any freebies. If the boys can make it on their own, fair enough, but not on someone's pity.

Stop complaining.

irteja
April 17, 2009, 12:14 PM
Lalit Modi is not the teams owner. He is not gonna pay money.Then who is Lalit Modi to decide how many Bangladeshi players to play in IPL? If franchises were interested not just three, four player can be picked ( Ash, Mash, Tamim, Sakib).

HereWeGo
April 17, 2009, 12:21 PM
Modi included 11 bangladeshi players for Auction....He is not in a position to do nething else....
I don think he even promised anything else for the auction. When I look at the Bangladesh team, i really do not see neone other than Mash Ash and Shakib to be good enough T20 players. The former 2 has already been picked...