PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful probably won't start tomorrow

sharjilh
April 17, 2009, 08:20 AM
The Cricinfo has just predicted who will be in the Mumbai team tomorrow for the Chennai game and it does not include Ashraful :( Here is what they are predicting:

Mumbai Indians (probable) 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Sachin Tendulkar, 3 Shikhar Dhawan, 4 JP Duminy, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Abhishek Nayar, 7 Yogesh Takawale (wk), 8 Harbhajan Singh, 9 Dhawal Kulkarni, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Kyle Mills.

Link: http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/400093.html

However, keep your fingers crossed. I hope the South Africans don't play tomorrow as most of them (like Duminy) are on international duty playing against Australia right now.

Nadim
April 17, 2009, 08:46 AM
cricinfo is always bull s*** for match preview

sharjilh
April 17, 2009, 09:40 AM
cricinfo is always bull s*** for match preview

Yeah well I guess we can be sure of that if Ashraful plays tomorrow :P

jisaan
April 17, 2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah well I guess we can be sure of that if Ashraful plays tomorrow :P

hope 4 d best!

nycpro96
April 17, 2009, 10:38 AM
i wanted to see ash in that XI but it wont happen

sharjilh
April 17, 2009, 11:06 AM
i wanted to see ash in that XI but it wont happen

Yeah I know. Only if some of the South Africans were away for a bit longer! :@

Rabz
April 17, 2009, 12:31 PM
OMG!!! really???? when...where???
i cant believe myself..this is just pure sh*********te...

oh no!! why ash not playing..i want to kill someone...... i'm so sad....i wanna cry....
where is my tissue box...

damn those predictions...
now i cant sleep tonight...

i wanna sue somebody....

BANFAN
April 17, 2009, 01:03 PM
This is a pure guess of CI. MI will never disclose their final 11 untill the last moment. I am still with 99% hope of seeing Ash in that 11. Less than 14 hours left, lets see :)

bdchamp20
April 17, 2009, 01:24 PM
This is a pure guess of CI. MI will never disclose their final 11 untill the last moment. I am still with 99% hope of seeing Ash in that 11. Less than 14 hours left, lets see :)
That's the spirit BANFAN bhai!! :)
Inshallah we will see Ashraful hammering the Chennai bowlers tomorrow

bdchamp20
April 17, 2009, 01:30 PM
My Mumbai XI:
M Ashraful
S Tendulkar*
S Jayasuriya
S Dhawan
D Bravo
A Nayar
Y Takawale+
H Singh
Z Khan
L Malinga
D Kulkarni

;)

Murad
April 17, 2009, 01:32 PM
I would like to see Ash play but I don't see that happening.

He has to fight with Duminy who is a expensive player. Duminy will play all the matches, even the first match, as he is 900Grand man.

Ash re na khelaile o temon loss khabe na ora..

Nadim
April 17, 2009, 01:37 PM
if ash play 2morow...He will smash Andrew Flintoff just like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6wS0yLSHBU

Razi
April 17, 2009, 01:54 PM
Tigers eager to make eleven
The Daily Star, Saturday, April 18, 2009 (http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=84504)

There is little chance to see Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful playing in the opening match of the Indian Premier League (IPL) that kicks off today at Newlands in Cape Town.

The Tigers skipper may be seen in the 'dugout' (players' waiting area) just beyond the rope while his Mumbai Indians teammates take on last year's runners-up Chennai Super Kings.

Bangalore Royal Challengers face off with champions Rajasthan Royals in the other opening day fixture.

The ace right-hander played three practice matches and his coach Shaun Pollock, the former South African skipper, was impressed by his performance.

" I still don't know whether I will play tomorrow's opening match but apparently there is some chance (for me to play). I have to fight with South Africa's middle order batsman JP (Jean-Paul) Duminy," said Ashraful over telephone yesterday.

"But I am hopeful to play the next games as my coach (Shaun Pollock) was impressed by my performance in the practice matches where I made three runs in the first game but scored 29 off 15 balls and an unbeaten 37-ball 44 in the remaining two games," he added.

Ashraful was surprised by the enthusiastic public response for IPL in South Africa, where the second version of the tournament was shifted last month due to security concerns and logistical issues surrounding the general elections currently being held in India.

"The atmosphere is really fantastic. We took part in a huge rally yesterday and as far as I know, all the tickets were sold out for the opening games.

"On the other hand I am enjoying every moment with my teammates from different countries," said an excited Ashraful.

His national team deputy Mashrafe Bin Mortaza has good chance to play the opening match for his side when Kolkata Knight Riders take on Deccan Chargers tomorrow at Capse Town.

"I'm looking forward to play the first match. I played three practice matches and everything is fine here. Hopefully it will be a good tournament for me and I will be able to lift my country's image," said Mashrafe, who was roped in by superstar Shahrukh Khan's side after a dramatic bid where he was bought for 600,000 dollars.

The Bangladesh vice-captain has yet to put pen to paper but said that he was little bothered with the signing.

"I think it would not be a problem and things (like this) happen sometimes," said Mashrafe.

Zeeshan
April 17, 2009, 02:30 PM
*sigh*

reminds me of high school all over again....same thing used to happen to me....khelai nieo khelte dito na....hence all the bad "jokes" and psychological trauma

Ehsan
April 17, 2009, 03:22 PM
In today's match against Aus, JP Duminy scored 3 runs. This may affect the coach to change his decision and play Ash. But again, their coach is Shaun Pollock, a South African.

Nadim
April 17, 2009, 03:24 PM
In today's match against Aus, JP Duminy scored 3 runs. This may affect the coach to change his decision and play Ash. But again, their coach is Shaun Pollock, a South African.

also Ash said Pollock is happy with ash recent perfomance:D

Dhruvo
April 17, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ash will most probably play the first match, dont always believe cricinfo, they can become crapinfo at times.

revolver
April 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
hope he smashes 6 sixes

MohammedC
April 17, 2009, 03:43 PM
http://content.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/102300/102301.2.gif

After looking @ this pic I am hoping dont play.

Orpheus
April 17, 2009, 03:49 PM
http://content.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/102300/102301.2.gif

After looking @ this pic I am hoping dont play.

These two are ASH's bread and butter.. what you talking about. If anything, he will perform at optimal against these two

revolver
April 17, 2009, 04:57 PM
These two are ASH's bread and butter.. what you talking about. If anything, he will perform at optimal against these two

lol a realy nice speech:notworthy:

crikfreak
April 17, 2009, 05:31 PM
ash's chances of gettin in are very slim.......

Nafi
April 17, 2009, 05:42 PM
Those two [murali and flintoff] are ASH's bread and butter.. what you talking about. If anything, he will perform at optimal against these two

good point..

" I still don't know whether I will play tomorrow's opening match but apparently there is some chance (for me to play). I have to fight with South Africa's middle order batsman JP (Jean-Paul) Duminy," said Ashraful over telephone yesterday.

But still if he is in contention, Duminy's $900,000 contract alone kinda dents our hope in ash making it.

But we can still hope, im recording the match, wish ash all the luck in making the team, and after that making us proud :flag:

MohammedC
April 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
What time does the match starts.

Dhruvo
April 17, 2009, 06:24 PM
What time does the match starts.
It starts at 10:30 GMT.

cricket_pagol
April 17, 2009, 06:51 PM
I want ashrafool to work hard for his chances... life has been really easy for him in the bangladesh team. Hopefully, this will be a wake up call for him!!!

Murad
April 17, 2009, 08:25 PM
Shamokal interview with Ashraful over the phone..

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=109379

sbsash
April 17, 2009, 08:28 PM
I'm gona wake up early today to catch the match.

Farhad
April 18, 2009, 12:48 AM
What is it about the IPL that makes everybody so darn paranoid? I've seen at least 5 different threads on Cricinfo's probable teams in the last month alone! If he's dropped, he's dropped. Its not the end of the world. I didnt know so many people here took Twenty20 cricket this seriously...Heck, i didnt know people took cricket in general this seriously!

Murad
April 18, 2009, 01:04 AM
Bhaire.. Last 2-3 months kono cricket match chilo na Bangladesher..and no match till June as well. SHobai onek bored.. so Ash or Mash khelle tao ektu khela enjoy korte parbe..shomoi kataite parbe..

BC is dying without the cricket. Not much people coming in and posting. We need cricket. Sheta 20/20 hok r 10/10.

Baundule
April 18, 2009, 03:05 AM
I hope Duminy is exhausted after last night's loss to Australia. ;)

Spitfire_x86
April 18, 2009, 06:12 AM
I want KKR and MI to lose every single match where they leave out Mash and Ash.

Tigers_eye
April 18, 2009, 06:47 AM
One has an average of 31+ and every 5 match makes a fifty. Can bowl decent and have average of 20, w/ SR of 16.

The other has an average of 18+ and every 10 match makes a fifty. Can't/shouldn't bowl at all in this format.

No brainer whom you play as a coach. Just being there, interacting with other great player is enough for Ash. Seeing how they conduct themselves in the playing field, how they set aggressive and defensive field, how they create/implement strategy is more than enough. Just as Zainab mentioned in another thread.

BD-Shardul
April 18, 2009, 07:12 AM
One has an average of 31+ and every 5 match makes a fifty. Can bowl decent and have average of 20, w/ SR of 16.

The other has an average of 18+ and every 10 match makes a fifty. Can't/shouldn't bowl at all in this format.

No brainer whom you play as a coach. Just being there, interacting with other great player is enough for Ash. Seeing how they conduct themselves in the playing field, how they set aggressive and defensive field, how they create/implement strategy is more than enough. Just as Zainab mentioned in another thread.

TE bhai:

Everyone knows that it is a no-brainer. But for us, you know we are emotional. We want to see our boys play, even if they are the worst cricket players. Hence I agree will Spitty. I want KKR and MI to lose all the matches Mash and Ash don't play.

Tigers_eye
April 18, 2009, 08:07 AM
TE bhai:

Everyone knows that it is a no-brainer. But for us, you know we are emotional. We want to see our boys play, even if they are the worst cricket players. Hence I agree will Spitty. I want KKR and MI to lose all the matches Mash and Ash don't play.
Fair enough. I see from the organizational stand point where winning is the priority and you from the player fanbase.

Murad
April 18, 2009, 11:23 AM
Mijan bhai, oi vabhe dekhle to DUMINY er ajke ekta 50 korar kotha chilo.. why did he scored only 9?

rashed411
April 18, 2009, 02:19 PM
Mijan bhai, oi vabhe dekhle to DUMINY er ajke ekta 50 korar kotha chilo.. why did he scored only 9?

:floor: good job million dollar baby...

bdchamp20
April 18, 2009, 02:22 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2009/04/19/2009-04-19__sp02.jpg
Ash was happy despite being left out.

al Furqaan
April 18, 2009, 04:03 PM
I want KKR and MI to lose every single match where they leave out Mash and Ash.

i guess i do too...but who cares really?

as long as ash and mash do 2 things:

1) learn as much as they can
2) make the most of their opportunities

its a success due to the cash they're getting. iA, next season shakib, tamim, rasel, and maybe razzak will join them.

zainab
April 18, 2009, 04:42 PM
I am sure that Ash is excited to be a part of this IPL in SA. It is a complete new experience for him and he is enjoying it. let us all wish him well and hopes that if he gets to play a couple of matches, he scores. He has to perform well to get selected, and this will motivate him. this will not be a free ride for him.
He is interacting with players from different countries, no Bangladeshi around, so he has to speak English, bet you, his English will be much better after this competition, IMO, he is practising his fielding under the best fielder in the world, and his batting is under the watchful eyes of Shaun Pollock. Even if he does not play, he will emerge a better person and player after this competition.

I am noticing that a few teams are trimming their squad, let's hope Ash stays until the end.

nzfan
April 18, 2009, 05:15 PM
I wonder if the dog will get a game

karimjay.
April 19, 2009, 01:55 AM
ash will play the next game.

jp has been definitely out of sorts. ash is just knocking on the door.

zainab
April 19, 2009, 04:15 AM
I wonder if the dog will get a game

I wonder who is this dog?

rubel_18
April 19, 2009, 05:16 AM
I wonder who is this dog?

Its the dog that came on the field during the match which caused a bit of delay as the staff couldnt get it off the pitch