PDA

View Full Version : KKR Controversy - Worst fears coming true

tanvir_nus
April 19, 2009, 01:37 PM
Before the IPL started i was questioning myself how this multi captain policy will affect KKR. Seems from the result today it has destroyed the team more than my expectation. Shahrukh khan brought too much unwanted attention to the team and handed too much power to Buchanan because of his personal differences with Ganguly.

And mashrafe's treatment is thoroughly unprofessional. I am glad in a way that he didn't play, he was injured and hasn't bowled fast, he is totally de moralized because of this issue, he never bats well in SA, and he is playing in a team which has imploded from within and doesn't really have the firepower other teams has.

What do you reckon KKR's chances are now?

bdchamp20
April 19, 2009, 01:54 PM
I couldn't care less about KKR. I just want them to treat Mash properly.

Akib
April 19, 2009, 01:56 PM
First of all this is one match. Second I doubt multiple captains had much to do with such a crappy result.

However I am worried with Mash's treatment.

ialbd
April 19, 2009, 02:10 PM
kkr koruk...loruk...jituk... moruk whatever....

but they dont hav the right to treat mash like that, no contract yet??? r u sh**ing me....
Its like mash has to get down on knees and beg for a place in the team to srk so that he gets paid.... unbelievable...

tanvir_nus
April 19, 2009, 02:21 PM
it's more like, ashbo... nachbo... harbo

rubel_18
April 19, 2009, 02:25 PM
I am now wishing that Mash was bought by Punjab, even if he didn't play I am sure they would at least give him a contract. These bunch of fool KKR can't even be bothered to keep the word in giving him a contract at least.

Nadim
April 19, 2009, 02:55 PM
Y.Singh and I.Pathan is mash friend's so he would have been enjoy more at king's 11.

djnaved
April 19, 2009, 03:06 PM
Shahrukh Khan and John Buckanon thought today: "shala moise henrique, playerta to heavvy sexy, ekdom roshomalaier moton chumma.....ore mashrafeer bodole khelano dorkar......

why henrique? eitai amar mathai astese na:mad:

langavelt ke khelaito ekta kotha chilo, jeheto shea SA pitcher bepare bhalo jane
mendis ke khelaito ekta kotha chilo, he can change the game anytime.....

but, why henrique, the dude from portugal?

Murad
April 19, 2009, 03:14 PM
Henriques is an Australian. Played a T20 international for Australia.

djnaved
April 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
Henriques is an Australian. Played a T20 international for Australia.

borned in portugal, then became a citizen of australia

BD-Shardul
April 19, 2009, 04:13 PM
kkr koruk...loruk...jituk... moruk whatever....

but they dont hav the right to treat mash like that, no contract yet??? r u sh**ing me....
Its like mash has to get down on knees and beg for a place in the team to srk so that he gets paid.... unbelievable...

kkr koruk...loruk...jituk... moruk....jahanname jak.

I just couldn't describe how angry I am about their treatment with our Mashrafe Mortaza. Everyone knows why the contact is not signed yet. Pure cheating. King Khan? From now on I will call him CHEATER Khan.

According to PA, Ashraful's contact was also not signed yet. Cheaters everywhere.

Sometimes I feel that Mash and Ash should have left IPL as a mark of protest. But what's the point? If I were in their shoes, I would have thought like this, "I am having a free tour to SA, meeting world stars+ whatever I can get will be enough."

Murad
April 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
Ash did signed it. MI officials came To dhaka and signed the deal with him and gave him a jersey.

djnaved
April 19, 2009, 04:21 PM
kkr koruk...loruk...jituk... moruk....jahanname jak.

I just couldn't describe how angry I am about their treatment with our Mashrafe Mortaza. Everyone knows why the contact is not signed yet. Pure cheating. King Khan? From now on I will call him CHEATER Khan.

joss koisen..........deikhen kkr team jokhon kolkatai firbe........juta chora obossoi hobe

sbanana
April 19, 2009, 04:58 PM
I hope Mash will be an automatic choice in the next game. Agarkar was so horrible

sbanana
April 19, 2009, 05:05 PM
People like Sharukh Khan create garbage films in Bolywood and make them hit by hook or by crook. Thanks to third grade audience all over the world.

He should understand that cricket is a real life challenge where you need to perform in real time. It is no nautanki.

If he had the courage of eliminating Ganguly completely by talking to him, that would have been much better than insulting him by stripping him for captaincy and insulting Gavaskar etc .

At 37, I can not justify Ganguly's being there if he's not the Captain.

Zeeshan
April 19, 2009, 06:37 PM
Mash better gets each and every dime of that contract or else he better get a good lawyer.

djnaved
April 19, 2009, 07:42 PM
i still don't get it......who the hell is MOISES HENRIQUE?

mash er kotha nahoy badh dilam.....kintu mendis/langavelt.....ederkeo to nite parto.............i really don't get:mad:

BD Tigers
April 19, 2009, 07:59 PM
At the end KKR will cheat money out of him. That is the only reason they haven't signed him. The only way Mash can get his money, if he performs very well with ball & bat.

This is why I never supported money mongering IPL sh?t. Its a great place to mingle with other great players but money comes here first.

Ajfar
April 19, 2009, 08:00 PM
if this contract thing is true then im sure KKR n SRK will get what they deserve in due time

tanvir_nus
April 20, 2009, 01:21 AM
Ok the thing i really can't get is there has been so much talk about Mash's contract in our media but why hasn't there been a SINGLE story about it in the indian media, namely crapinfo. I really really don't understand that. I thought atleast the team composition will be discussed and there will be amusement over the selection of the most FALTU selection I have ever seen in my life through Moises Henriques, but NOooo.. Wtf is going on? Have indian journalists lost it? Forget Mashrafe, why not atleast ponder over the selection of Mendis or Langevelt? Come on cricinfo, You can do better than that. Most pissinf off website in my opinion. arghh

Baundule
April 20, 2009, 01:49 AM
Ok the thing i really can't get is there has been so much talk about Mash's contract in our media but why hasn't there been a SINGLE story about it in the indian media, namely crapinfo. I really really don't understand that. I thought atleast the team composition will be discussed and there will be amusement over the selection of the most FALTU selection I have ever seen in my life through Moises Henriques, but NOooo.. Wtf is going on? Have indian journalists lost it? Forget Mashrafe, why not atleast ponder over the selection of Mendis or Langevelt? Come on cricinfo, You can do better than that. Most pissinf off website in my opinion. arghh
Crapinfo is run by Indian journalists. Indian media will not say anything against the BCCI. But KKR will have to pay the price in big, especially after Dada's omission from the captaincy. About Mash's contract, he has to establish himself as a professional. He is there not to get a sympathy contract; but to be paid for his abilities. BCB should also come forward to this matter. If players from other countries, auctioned at the same time, are getting contract, they should also do the same for Mash and Ash.

BANFAN
April 20, 2009, 02:26 AM
Crapinfo is run by Indian journalists. Indian media will not say anything against the BCCI. But KKR will have to pay the price in big, especially after Dada's omission from the captaincy. About Mash's contract, he has to establish himself as a professional. He is there not to get a sympathy contract; but to be paid for his abilities. BCB should also come forward to this matter. If players from other countries, auctioned at the same time, are getting contract, they should also do the same for Mash and Ash.

Ash has signed it in Dhaka, as I heard that MI has sent their rep to sign the contract.

Rabz
April 20, 2009, 04:33 AM
"quit playing games with my heart...ma heart....
i should have known for the start..."

ok. i quit.
How the hell on earth a backstreet boys song came to my mind????

BangladeshFan
April 20, 2009, 04:33 AM
indians never treat us fairly. the other indians even have an attitude against bengal, let alone bangladesh. didnt even include any bd players in the first version of ipl which caused the mass exodus in our national team. now watching the hype of the dhaka team in icl, they have included a few.

write it down, they wont play mashrafi or ashraful in any of the matches.

Rabz
April 20, 2009, 05:04 AM

Where should i write it down mate???:doh::doh:
here on BC? on my notebook? in my diary? on a piece of paper?
or should i write in a banner and display it on Firmgate???

Pls help me to understand.....:timeout:

patriot
April 20, 2009, 06:15 AM
I personally don't want Mashrafee to play at all given the way he was treated . I would rather have him injury free and preserve all his energy for the T20 world cup and teach India /BCCI/(whoever is involved) a lesson.

Mash just get that check of 600K and return home ASAP . I hate to see you in that filthy KKR jersey.

Neel Here
April 20, 2009, 06:19 AM
you guys are way too fatalistic ! :rolleyes:

mash will certainly play in one of the next 2 matches, and more depending on performance. ash might find it difficult to break into his team's final 11 though. that much was clear even before the IPL started.

and cricinfo is run by ESPN, an american cable TV company, it's not indian in any sense. :doh: sure it has a few indians but that doesn't make it indian. next you'll claim pepsi is indian because its CEO is indian. :lol:

about the real indian media, don't even expect any amount of impartiality or objectivity, it's total crap, through and through.

have a laugh though !!

Rajasthan Royals team owner Shilpa Shetty has expressed her delight at her team's great start to the tournament. :floor: "Yay! We won!! Isn't that coooooool?", she chirruped gleefully, clapping her hands and jumping up and down with delight. When someone pointed out to her that the Royals had, in fact, been soundly walloped by the Royal Challengers, she seemed a bit confused. "What? We lost? But then why is everyone saying that the Royals are the champions? You must be mistaken," she cooed.

Kings XI Punjab co-owner Preity Zinta, not to be outdone, also made sure she contributed to her team's efforts by over-enthusastically waving a flag and grinning from ear to ear, even as Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir made a mockery of the target. "Don't you love this weather? Ideal for a random rain song", she gushed, desperate to demonstrate how much she was enjoying the whole thing.

IPL chief Lalit Modi also expressed his happiness with the way the tournament has kicked off. "We are delighted that we were able to squeeze in the tactical breaks, even in a rain-shortened match," he grinned with a trademark wink. He also said that, in the future, even the tactical breaks will have a title sponsor of their own. "Just like 'Citi Moment of Success', and 'DLF Maximum Sixes', we plan to introduce sponsored events such as 'TVS Tactical Break', 'Reebok Run-Chase', and 'Dominos Dot-Ball'", said Mr Modi to a stunned audience. When a reporter asked if this didn't amount to rampant commercial exploitation, Mr Modi shot back "You mean 'Coca-cola commercial exploitation'. If you fail to mention the sponsor's name, I will hit you with a 'Lays Lawsuit'". This makes the IPL the first event in the world to commercially exploit the entity of "commercial exploitation" itself. Sources have revealed that for the next season even the sponsors themselves may be sponsored - opening up the possibility of sponsored brands such as "Pepsi Coca-Cola", and "Blackberry Nokia".

Most are in agreement, however, that the IPL is a success. "When you see Arun Lal in a commercial, you know that the money is really flowing", said a financial analyst, before trotting off to sell the IP rights to his just-uttered quote for a few crores.

Ashfaq
April 20, 2009, 06:25 AM
:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

Definitely an article worthy of "Alpin" if you know what I mean!!!

Do you have the source link? If there reguler report is this ful of lulz I might subscribe.

Neel Here
April 20, 2009, 06:32 AM
IPL page 2 from cricinfo. glad to be able to bring a smile ! :)

for those who think indians on cricinfo are pro-bcci, read this.
http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/347517.html

http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/359433.html

tanvir_nus
April 20, 2009, 06:48 AM
It's funny how fans can soon change their support, i was talking with my friends back in bd, they were saying they all were cheering with every fall of KKR's wickets and every deccan bounderies on the top of their voice... it reminded me how i supported sri lanka when they played india in wc 07 hehe... tomorrow is kkr's next match against punjab... this IPL already sucks and if mash isn't playing.... i have got nothing else to say then....

Ajfar
April 20, 2009, 08:31 AM
Mash is no bolod..i'm sure he knows what he's doing...and if they are treating him unprofessionally...everyone will hear about it be it today or tomm...

Purbasha T
April 20, 2009, 11:36 AM
"quit playing games with my heart...ma heart....
i should have known for the start..."

ok. i quit.
How the hell on earth a backstreet boys song came to my mind????

Sm1 above used the word ''QUIT'', that one must've struck a chord in your heart :-p

Ashfaq
April 20, 2009, 11:59 AM
IPL page 2 from cricinfo. glad to be able to bring a smile ! :)

for those who think indians on cricinfo are pro-bcci, read this.

Thanks.That Page 2 is full of satires. quite good, considering the source.

Akib
April 20, 2009, 12:01 PM
indians never treat us fairly. the other indians even have an attitude against bengal, let alone bangladesh. didnt even include any bd players in the first version of ipl which caused the mass exodus in our national team. now watching the hype of the dhaka team in icl, they have included a few.

Well who was worthy in our team to play in the first version???? Ash, Mash, Tamim were probably the only ones (sakib hadn't broken through yet). Like honestly, our team sucks... our players arn't that good (baring 2 or 3 of them). OBVIOUSLY they won't sign our players.

As you saw this year, they did sign two of ours (not sure why sakib didnt get picked). Now ash doesnt really deserve to play in first xi, so it makes sense that he has not played. As for mash, if the IPL was held in india, I'm sure he would have played. I mean main reason they paid 600k for him was marketing him to the BD crowd. They can't do that in SA.

Rabz
April 20, 2009, 12:07 PM
Sm1 above used the word ''QUIT'', that one must've struck a chord in your heart :-p

Yes, may be you are right.
But why a BSB song???
Its like a "ewwww" feelings thats been creeping up my shoulder since then.....

ewwwwwwwwww

tiger1000
April 20, 2009, 12:07 PM
its not like mortaza is gonna play every game theres to many foriegn players in the team i think mendis and Langeveldt are his biggest competition

Akib
April 20, 2009, 12:20 PM
its not like mortaza is gonna play every game theres to many foriegn players in the team i think mendis and Langeveldt are his biggest competition

Mendis is a spinner? Langeveldt is his biggest, although I do personally think Mash is better.

bharat
April 20, 2009, 12:20 PM
At the end KKR will cheat money out of him. That is the only reason they haven't signed him. The only way Mash can get his money, if he performs very well with ball & bat.

This is why I never supported money mongering IPL sh?t. Its a great place to mingle with other great players but money comes here first.

Is there any reason for you to belive (except for some stupid reports from a stupid 'news'paper) that Mash could be cheated out of his money.

As I understand it KRR has a legal binding to pay him the money whether he plays a single match or not.Mash has already represented KRR in the practice matches.

I am pretty sure KRR is not waiting to rob Mash of his 600k.Mind you KRR's 'bought' Mash for such a huge price with an eye on BD's market.Of all the 'buys' ,Mash's makes the most business sense to me ...

Hold on guys Mash will get his chance with the '4 foreigner' rule its difficult to break through.Murali was left out and so was Kallis !

RazabQ
April 20, 2009, 12:46 PM
As mod: please desist from making ad-hominem attacks on a country or group. If you have issues with a certain action or decision, criticize that and the factors behind it.

As myself: y'all need to take a chill pill. Do a decision tree. Worst case scenario. Mash doesn't play, doesn't get paid and picks up an injury in practice. Well, the 2nd is not going to happen. He'll get more money than he's earned ever because if not 600K, he'll still get ducats. Mash _will_ prolly play a few - if Moises H can get a game, well than I wouldn't worry. Injury has happened when he's climbing stairs - so that you can't stop one way or the other. At any rate, through out this, he's picking up lots of skills and there are worse things in life than a pissed off Mashrafee coming back from SA with a point to prove.

Ashfaq
April 20, 2009, 01:14 PM
As mod: please desist from making ad-hominem attacks on a country or group. If you have issues with a certain action or decision, criticize that and the factors behind it.

As myself: y'all need to take a chill pill.

Way to go spoilsport. We were having fun here. [Admittedly, not honest fun, but fun nonethe less.];)

Nafi
April 20, 2009, 06:04 PM
Take a chill pill, the likes of murali and mendis were left out. Lets not go off our rockers just yet.

Ajfar
April 20, 2009, 07:23 PM
i think everybody including me had their expectation much higher than last year..i mean if you think about it logically mash should have played..specially since the bowlers are not much better than him...but its just the first match..i'm sure things will change..i just hope mash can live up our expectation..here we are all talking big about him..and can you imagine if he get butchered in his first game or two..

Abirz
April 20, 2009, 08:54 PM
Well since there are only 4 places for foreign players, McCullum and Gayle will definately take up 2 of those, then KKR will play Mendis in the following games after seeing that spinners and slow-armers are the most succesful bowlers from the past couple of matches...so that only leaves 1 empty slot for another foreign player,Moises Henriques wont be chosen anymore so its either gonna be Brad Hodge or Mashrafe.

But the problem is that Brad Hodge was their top scorer last match, while everybody was giving their wickets away Hodge played a crucial knock which is hugely going to favor him ahead of Mashrafe.
Hodge is also a slow off-break bowler,which is self-explanatory why thats an advantage in this years IPL.
The only way Mash will be chosen ahead of Hodge is if KKR opt for a fast bowler instead of a batsmen who was their highest scorer in the last match and also bowls slow off-breaks and also played their last years IPL while Mash will be debuting...ahem i don't see any light at the end of the tunnel :floor:

Tintin
April 20, 2009, 09:51 PM
http://fakeiplplayer.blogspot.com/

This is a blog by someone who claims to be a KKR player. Maybe fake but he has some inside info too. Very funny stuff. According to it MM will play today.

sbanana
April 20, 2009, 10:53 PM
read:

http://www.anandabazar.com/21khela1.htm

Murad
April 20, 2009, 11:02 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/issues/2009-04-21/2Joner.jpg

report on mash and ash.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.all.php?mid=OA==

Zeeshan
April 20, 2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/issues/2009-04-21/2Joner.jpg

report on mash and ash.

translation for wannabe Americans like me who reads bengali but chooses not to....

plz.

limon
April 21, 2009, 02:07 AM
Only one way to get chance for Mash and Ash is that other players have to play bad. How honorable this is for our country !!!!! I think they will get chance at most 2-4 matches. It's better to come back home, wait for a strong reply in the WT20.

Baundule
April 21, 2009, 03:52 AM
Only one way to get chance for Mash and Ash is that other players have to play bad. How honorable this is for our country !!!!! I think they will get chance at most 2-4 matches. It's better to come back home, wait for a strong reply in the WT20.

Let us take it professionally. If McGrath can sit out two consecutive matches, why not Mash? IPL is nothing but for earning some money. We should care more about the Mash contract and getting the money, irrespective of they are playing or not. Simply being in the team offers a great experience.

report on mash and ash.

It seems Ash is not yet in the plan. Tendulkar, the captain did talk with him only yesterday!!!

Abirz
April 21, 2009, 03:55 AM
http://fakeiplplayer.blogspot.com/

This is a blog by someone who claims to be a KKR player. Maybe fake but he has some inside info too. Very funny stuff. According to it MM will play today.

Lol is this guy really a KKR player? If he is then he should be sacked coz he is giving away confidential info about KKR to the other teams.

bdchamp20
April 21, 2009, 04:29 AM
This team is such a joke. What do you expect when you have 50 players in your squad? I wish Mash had signed up for Panjab. They are having to open the bowling with an unknown bowler like Yusuf Abdullah. Mash would've played every game for Panjab. I hope all this blogging nonsense doesn't affect Mash's chances of playing. Next season Mashrafe should put in a transfer request.

desirocker
April 21, 2009, 04:42 AM
Kolkata Knight Riders squad
BB McCullum, Abhisek Banerjee, Natraj Behera, Anureet Singh, M Hussain, AJ Shrikhande, ME Sanuth, AB Agarkar, RB Banerjee, SB Bangar, MA Cameron, G Chabra, A Chopra, IH Choudhary, AS Chowdhury, DB Das, AB Dinda, AP Dole, SA Gaekwad, SC Ganguly, CH Gayle, AN Ghosh, Y Gnaneswara Rao, MC Henriques, BJ Hodge, DJ Hussey, VA Indulkar, Iqbal Abdulla, SP Jackson, M Kartik, SS Lahiri, CK Langeveldt, AP Majumdar, Mashrafe Mortaza, AD Mathews, BAW Mendis, MB Parmar, CA Pujara, S Rana, WP Saha, DP Salvi, S Sanyal, SS Sarkar, SS Shaikh, I Sharma, LR Shukla, Sunny Singh, CR Suryavanshi, BD Thaker, RP Verma, KM Waingankar, Yashpal Singh

Alien
April 21, 2009, 04:58 AM
Why is it that every time I look at this thread title I get flashes of guys on white hood in my head?

Abid_Khan
April 21, 2009, 07:37 AM
Why is it that every time I look at this thread title I get flashes of guys on white hood in my head?

?? lol that's unusual...

karimjay.
April 21, 2009, 07:52 AM
a commentator just mentioned ash and mash.
forgot what his name is though.

its really sad that a team decided to pay so much for a certain player, when that same player would have gladly played for another team for less money.

henriques is only playing because of buchanan.

akabir77
April 21, 2009, 09:15 AM
WOW KKR is a cheater you guys just found it out? havn't you guys saw any hindi movies? they all are made from english movies...

Khan beta r chamra
tuley nibo amra
(jodi contract sign na kora hoy)

Ajfar
April 21, 2009, 09:52 AM
let ash and mash take it personally..and come T20 group math we'll have the final laugh...

it was pretty clear from the beginning that ash would find it hard to find a place in the playing 11..but i dont' get KKR management.. are they so concerned with batting that they are choosing all of their foreign player as batsman and leaving out mashrafee.. their bowling is not even that great...

Ajfar
April 22, 2009, 09:40 PM
One more cricket story that is turning into a bit of a cricket controversy is that of Mashrafe Mortaza (Mashrafe Mortaza - ) not being offered contract to sign thus far. This claim has been rubbished by KKR CEO Joy Bhattacharya as ‘absurd’ as he pointed out that the KKR team had obtained Mortaza at a high price and after some heavy bidding so that the franchisees were hardly likely not to have signed him on yet.

http://www.cricket360.com/1847-srk-s-kkr-always-newsworthy.html

Ajfar
April 22, 2009, 09:57 PM
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
KOLKATA: The KKR management have vehemently denied a media report which claimed that Bangladesh all-rounder Mashrafe Mortaza has not been handed a contract.

Mortaza was the surprise catch during the IPL players' auction earlier this year when he was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders for $600,000.

Mortaza told a Bangladesh daily that he had not yet been given a contract. "They have been telling me that I will be signing the contract soon but it hasn't happened so far. I'm hoping that it will happen soon. Apart from the contract issue, I am enjoying my stay in Bloemfontein," Mashrafe has been quoted as saying by Dhaka-based Bengali daily Prothom Alo in their Sunday edition.

"This is absurd. I don't know from where these baseless rumours have been floated. How can one even think that we have not signed a player of Mashrafe's stature? After all, we bought Mashrafe at the IPL auction at a high price after intense bidding. Why should we do such a thing?" KKR's chief executive officer Joy Bhattacharya said.

http://www.zimbio.com/pilot?ID=8kf6vvIs76r&ZURL=/Mashrafe+Mortaza/news&URL=http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp%3Fid%3D172469

i bet now that the media reports are out..they will try to quickly sign the contract and try to put everything under the rug...

Murad
April 22, 2009, 10:14 PM
wow i like it..
ekhon thela shamlao shala ra.. ekhon sign na kore jabe kothai... media kuchi kuchi kore pelbe otherwise....:D

kalpurush
April 23, 2009, 01:16 AM
wow i like it..
Ekhon thela shamlao shala ra.. Ekhon sign na kore jabe kothai... Media kuchi kuchi kore pelbe otherwise....:d
[বাংলা]খান সাহেব বাস্তব একটা গল্প পেয়ে গেলেন হিন্দি ছবি বানানোর- যিনি বাস্তবেও গল্পের নায়ক (খল নায়ক আর কি!?) আবার ছবিরও নায়ক!

ওহ!! কাহিনীকার, বিনিয়োগকারী এবং ভিলেনও তো তিনিই!!![/বাংলা];)

djnaved
April 23, 2009, 08:35 PM
here is the real story:

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=110159

next matche mash na khelle, kolkatar khelai dekhum na

Razi
April 24, 2009, 02:14 AM
here is the real story:

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=110159

next matche mash na khelle, kolkatar khelai dekhum na

Oh, this is what you call a true friend, Yuvraj seems to be really good friend of Mash, cause even after losing the bid on Mash he is still trying his best so that Mash gets the contract from KKR ASAP, he also threaten KKR manager that if they can't pay Mash then let him play for Punjab.

BangladeshFan
April 24, 2009, 04:57 AM
frankly, i dont think kkr think-tank(if there is any) is aware of mashrafi's ability, he must be one of the biggest hitters in the game. similar players like irfan pathan are doing very well for their team. in a 20-20 where a few sixers can change the game, or 1-2 wicket in an over and mash can do both, how can they keep him out?

it sounds funny because they have bought him with that much money just to warm the bench now it seems, but i suspect there is no proper decision making structure within the team, there is bucha, there is mccullum, there is srk and then there is ganguli.

karimjay.
April 24, 2009, 09:11 AM
i've been reading some posts saying 'mash should just collect the 600k'.

mash would get 600k if he played every match. the amount players get out of the ipl is:

(what the player was purchased for at the auction) divided by (how many matches he played).

Tintin
April 24, 2009, 10:20 AM
(what the player was purchased for at the auction) divided by (how many matches he played).

No, it is

(what the player was purchased for at the auction) * (forhow many matches he was available/total number of matches that the team plays)

ie, unless he is away on national duties or is injured, he will get the full pay.

RazabQ
April 24, 2009, 11:13 AM
frankly, i dont think kkr think-tank(if there is any) is aware of mashrafi's ability, he must be one of the biggest hitters in the game.
Let's not get carried away. He's definitely one of the biggest hitters by BD standards but by no means is he in the world's top 10 or 15! For one thing - his tonking ability only extends to spinners and medium pacers. Anything 85 mph or higher he is depressingly inept! When I think of big hitters in the game right now, these are some of the names that come to mind:
Symond
Hayden
Jaya
Gillie
Yusuf Pathan
Shewag
Flintoff
Albie Morkel
Gayle
Oram
Afridi
Dhoni
As you can see - I've got quite a few bowlers in there as well as specialist batters. Mash should make the side as a good medium pacer who can get you a few.

Purbasha T
April 24, 2009, 12:14 PM

mash would get 600k if he played every match. the amount players get out of the ipl is:

I guess what you are trying to say is:

(what the player was purchased for at the auction) divided by (the total number of matches, which is 59) multiplied by (how many matches he played)

bdchamp20
April 24, 2009, 04:14 PM

No its not.

Read the PA interview. Mash says if he is fit for the next 2 years he can earn himself more than Tk. 8 crores. Its not about how many matches he plays its about his avalability for KKR.

Otherwise why would Mash or even Ash for that matter risk getting nothing after spending a month with their IPL teams when they can be playing in PCL where both of them are certain to play all the matches. And if Tamim can fetch Tk. 10 lakhs, Ash and Mash could potentially earn Tk. 15 lakhs.

Orpheus
April 25, 2009, 12:59 AM
I just want to see either Mash or Ashraful play few games and do well. I don't care if Mashrafee gets 600 k or 50 K - how is that gonna be good to me? I wanna see some action.

I think it is our bad luck that there has been a bidding war (good luck of mash) - other wise mash would almost be playing all of punjab games.. they seriously need a competent bowler.

Huda
April 25, 2009, 01:30 AM
This team is such a joke. What do you expect when you have 50 players in your squad? I wish Mash had signed up for Panjab. They are having to open the bowling with an unknown bowler like Yusuf Abdullah. Mash would've played every game for Panjab. I hope all this blogging nonsense doesn't affect Mash's chances of playing. Next season Mashrafe should put in a transfer request.

They ARE not having to bowl with an unknown bowler in Abdulla. They bought him, he is a saffer, has the one of the best economy rates in 20/20 cricket history of around 5/6, hence why they bought him. Anyway i agree, Mash would have got a few games for punjab more than KRR.

BANFAN
April 25, 2009, 01:33 AM
No, it is

(what the player was purchased for at the auction) * (forhow many matches he was available/total number of matches that the team plays)

ie, unless he is away on national duties or is injured, he will get the full pay.

Right. Sitting in bench is = playing/available, for payments.

Would love to see them playing. KKR is really missing out on Mash, they are the weakest team ATM and Mash could be useful. By the time they understand his potential, they will be out of competitive range in IPL.

BANFAN
April 25, 2009, 01:57 AM
They ARE not having to bowl with an unknown bowler in Abdulla. They bought him, he is a saffer, has the one of the best economy rates in 20/20 cricket history of around 5/6, hence why they bought him. Anyway i agree, Mash would have got a few games for punjab more than KRR.

They got him after reaching SA. I doubt if they would have taken him, if Mash was there. Infact Mash would have played until Sri / Lee comes back for sure.

Murad
April 25, 2009, 09:22 PM
Finally they signed the deal.

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=110456

But I think it's a one-year contract. They will pay him all the money(600Grand) by the end of June.

AsifTheManRahman
April 25, 2009, 09:57 PM
On captaincy: http://content.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/401473.html

Compare that not only to KKR but also to the Bangladesh national team.

Ajfar
April 26, 2009, 12:05 AM
Finally they signed the deal.

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=110456

But I think it's a one-year contract. They will pay him all the money(600Grand) by the end of June.

thats actually good for him..from the look of it most likely KKR will continue to remain in the center of controversy..maybe next year king's eleven Punjab will sign him up..

Zeeshan
April 26, 2009, 12:07 AM
thats actually good for him..from the look of it most likely KKR will continue to remain in the center of controversy..maybe next year king's eleven Punjab will sign him up..

gase kathal, darite olive oil.

Neel Here
April 26, 2009, 12:12 AM

:lol:

kalpurush
April 26, 2009, 04:07 AM
kaj hobe na olive oil diye. Khati Sorsher tel lagbe...;)

RazabQ
April 27, 2009, 06:58 PM
Apparently Mash will NOT get the full amount. 20% deduction for any matches where's he's available but is not selected.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTUyOTQ3&mid=OA==

Ajfar
April 27, 2009, 07:13 PM
i'm starting to think he would have been much better off playing in PCL..i'm sure he wouldn't be getting paid as much..but at least he'll get the much needed match practice before T20..he hasn't bowled FOR REAL..for almost 2 months now..

Abirz
April 27, 2009, 08:41 PM

I seriously want Mash to apply for a transfer request to Punjab, hell with KKR , they've got one of the crappiest teams and the few "stars" they've got and horribly out of form.
Still on top of all these problems ,KKR wont play Mash.
He'll get a lot of games in Punjab and that team has very good players also.

akabir77
April 27, 2009, 11:23 PM
I seriously want Mash to apply for a transfer request to Punjab, hell with KKR , they've got one of the crappiest teams and the few "stars" they've got and horribly out of form.
Still on top of all these problems ,KKR wont play Mash.
He'll get a lot of games in Punjab and that team has very good players also.

what transfer? they offered only one year contract??? and there is only 1 ipl in a year...

Ajfar
April 28, 2009, 12:29 AM
well since its only a year contract..that means another franchise has to sign him again next year...if not maybe he'll be put on the auction list..whatever happens i just wanna see him play..its really not fair to him..he was bowling off spin at the end of DPL so he won't get injured before the IPL..and this is what he gets..

BANFAN
April 28, 2009, 01:16 AM
Apparently Mash will NOT get the full amount. 20% deduction for any matches where's he's available but is not selected.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTUyOTQ3&mid=OA==

They delayed the contract and put Mash under pressure to agree to this. That's cheating.

Abirz
April 28, 2009, 01:49 AM
They delayed the contract and put Mash under pressure to agree to this. That's cheating.

No way dude, they cant do that...its blackmail
i just hated KKR, now im starting to loath them :mad:

kalpurush
April 28, 2009, 01:50 AM
they delayed the contract and put mash under pressure to agree to this. That's cheating.
[বাংলা]তিন শয়তানের দলের কাছে আর কি আশা করেন?![/বাংলা]

Murad
April 28, 2009, 01:53 AM

This is same for all the IPL players not only Mash. Ash also got the same conditions.

tonoy
April 28, 2009, 02:17 AM
I'm sure mash will be fine with 480k.

BANFAN
April 28, 2009, 03:40 AM
This is same for all the IPL players not only Mash. Ash also got the same conditions.

Are you sure? May be for BD & Ind local players.

I don't think that others will agree to that. Because they are making themselves available for the match & playing or not playing is the team management's decision not the player's.

However that's not fair I guess.

Oh yes, Mash would be fine even without any money from KKR/IPL.

Baundule
April 28, 2009, 05:00 AM
Now the price drops to 480000. :(
For many of us, this is still a huge amount of money; but the fact is, the rest 120000 is lost because of the cheating of KKR. I know how it feels, when the tax rate increases or decreases by even 1%. Really feel sorry for Mash and as usual the BCB is dealing the matter like they having no backbone. Why on earth they accepted such a delay and did not pressurise the KKR?

Faisal
April 28, 2009, 11:05 AM

i think that's the rule for every player in IPL.

Murad
April 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
For many of us, this is still a huge amount of money; but the fact is, the rest 120000 is lost because of the cheating of KKR. I know how it feels, when the tax rate increases or decreases by even 1%. Really feel sorry for Mash and as usual the BCB is dealing the matter like they having no backbone. Why on earth they accepted such a delay and did not pressurise the KKR?

Bhai.. how are you so sure he will not play any of the remaining matches?

So far from 5 matches he has lost 42855. KKR still have 9 matches to play. He might play majority of them. We never know :)

kalpurush
April 28, 2009, 09:46 PM

So far from 5 matches he has lost 42855. KKR still have 9 matches to play. He might play majority of them. We never know :)
Yes! When Jokers run the show, you never know whats next...;)

sbanana
April 28, 2009, 11:56 PM

At that rate, Ash will be left with nothing!
;)

Murad
April 29, 2009, 12:00 AM
At that rate, Ash will be left with nothing!
;)

If he doesn't play a game in the whole tournament, he will get $60,000.

Tintin
April 29, 2009, 01:08 AM
If he doesn't play a game in the whole tournament, he will get $60,000.

That may turn out to be better than playing a few games because there is a huge fine for time wasting.

The first time, the captain is fined. The second time, the fine is 20K per head ($220K in all). The third time, it is 30K per head. The fourth time, Ashraful will have to sell his house.

tiger_omar
April 29, 2009, 01:13 AM
That may turn out to be better than playing a few games because there is a huge fine for time wasting.

The first time, the captain is fined. The second time, the fine is 20K per head ($220K in all). The third time, it is 30K per head. The fourth time, Ashraful will have to sell his house.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great point.

Abirz
April 29, 2009, 02:48 AM

Mashrafe wont play this game, but he'll definately play the next one coz this is Gayle's last match,after this he goes and Mash comes in...
unless Bitchanon selects Moises Henriques or Charles Langevelt!

Tintin
April 29, 2009, 03:04 AM
Update from fake ipl player :

Lordie wants Bangla Tiger to be drafted in. Skipper seems to be agreeing. Bhookha has not openly disagreed. But that means that Junta will have to sit out and Style Bhai will come in. Now, whether Bhookha swallows his pride and lets it happen today is a different matter altogether.

(Lordie = Ganguly; Bhookha Nan = Buchanan; Style Bhai = Murali Kartik; Junta = Mendis)

Baundule
April 29, 2009, 03:11 AM

Add to that, the injury issue. ;)
If doing nothing than warming the bench gives me 80% of the money, that's pretty fine. No stress, no facing bouncers, no scope for a criticism and always the high hope of the fans that I could have done wonders. :D

Murad
April 29, 2009, 03:12 AM

Captain is already fined. Tendu will be extra careful next time. I think this is the reason why he mostly used the spinners in the last game against KKR.

Abirz
April 29, 2009, 10:36 PM
Sigh ... why does which ever team i support always lose?
Supported KKR- currently last in the league
Supported Mumbai - lost to Rajasthan, one of the crappiest teams in this years IPL
maybe i'll just support the team which is winning every match

kalpurush
April 30, 2009, 12:28 AM
Sigh ... why does which ever team i support always lose?
Supported KKR- currently last in the league
Supported Mumbai - lost to Rajasthan, one of the crappiest teams in this years IPL
maybe i'll just support the team which is winning every match
Support India when we play them in the Twenty/20 WC!;)

Neel Here
April 30, 2009, 12:47 PM
Meanwhile, the always interesting Kolkata Knight Riders have reportedly invited New Zealand coach Andy Moles as an "observer" to, er, observe the team's methods. Moles has claimed he is with KKR to learn about how to achieve success in the Twenty20 format, and to help New Zealand prepare for the upcoming Twenty20 world cup. "New Zealand has plenty in common with the KKR. A New Zealander as captain. Lack of success. Predominantly black uniforms. Absolutely no help from John Buchanan," :lol: said Moles with a sly wink. "More than 'observer', perhaps I should be called 'voyeur', since I'm basically here to watch KKR getting *&%$#," he added a bit naughtily.

:floor: :floor:

Beamer
May 1, 2009, 11:07 AM
KKR is owned KBR ( Kellogg, Brown and Root )- both specializes in dubiously bid contracts overseas..

RazabQ
May 4, 2009, 04:42 PM
BTW, Graham Napier has gone back to UK as has Bravo. So what does that leave Mumbai with in terms of foreign options? Could Ash be getting a game?

cricman
May 4, 2009, 04:44 PM
BTW, Graham Napier has gone back to UK as has Bravo. So what does that leave Mumbai with in terms of foreign options? Could Ash be getting a game?

Bravo wasn't selected for the Test Series

al-Sagar
May 5, 2009, 01:08 AM
Is there any reason for you to belive (except for some stupid reports from a stupid 'news'paper) that Mash could be cheated out of his money.

As I understand it KRR has a legal binding to pay him the money whether he plays a single match or not.Mash has already represented KRR in the practice matches.

I am pretty sure KRR is not waiting to rob Mash of his 600k.Mind you KRR's 'bought' Mash for such a huge price with an eye on BD's market.Of all the 'buys' ,Mash's makes the most business sense to me ...

Hold on guys Mash will get his chance with the '4 foreigner' rule its difficult to break through.Murali was left out and so was Kallis !

nice post.