PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafi - who cares if i'm not in the xi, i'm still going to be part of the action.

karimjay.
April 24, 2009, 08:53 AM
did anyone else see it last night? during the super over, after gayle cut the ball to third man, mashrafi intercepted the ball before it crossed the boundary and flung it back like he was trying to cause a matchwinning run out.

and then buchanan had a quiet word while mashrafi sheepishly nodded.

judging from the character of john buchanan, this could be used as another reason to keep mashrafi out of the team. when i saw mashrafi intercept the ball, my heart fell. he must be really eager to get a touch of that cricket ball, but did anyone else feel squeamish when they saw the incident?

rubel_18
April 24, 2009, 09:31 AM
Ye I remember I saw it, I got happy for a moment seeing Mash smiling and beig told something by Buchanan probably something like "if you touch that ball again your not even going to get a game" I really hope they pick him for next game otherwise KKR can kiss my ***

Nafi
April 24, 2009, 09:33 AM
John Buchanon can go to hell. Mashrafe all the way! :flag:

Baundule
April 24, 2009, 10:34 AM
I saw the incident and was a bit angry with Mash. I expect a bit more of a personality from him than doing a ball-boy and collecting the ball before it crossed the boundary. IMO, that is unprofessional. I do not know the rules; but it is safe NOT to touch the ball that way, especially when you are also a part of one of the teams.

sbanana
April 24, 2009, 10:56 PM
Mash will play soon

Rabz
April 25, 2009, 12:44 AM
Offcourse he would, he already missed 21% of the tournament (given KKR wont make it to the semis).

Tintin
April 25, 2009, 03:08 AM
KKR batting looks pathetic. After Gayle. McCullum and Ganguly, there is nobody. Yashpal will play today as he scored 20 last time. Mendis did well in the last match would be fourth foreigner.

So Hodge has to go if Mash comes in. In which case they will again have Test players like Bangar or Chopra or have to two completely unknown batsmen who did not play in the earlier matches. Mash's chances doesn't look too bright today too.

CricFanBD
April 25, 2009, 03:44 AM
KKR batting looks pathetic. After Gayle. McCullum and Ganguly, there is nobody. Yashpal will play today as he scored 20 last time. Mendis did well in the last match would be fourth foreigner.

So Hodge has to go if Mash comes in. In which case they will again have Test players like Bangar or Chopra or have to two completely unknown batsmen who did not play in the earlier matches. Mash's chances doesn't look too bright today too.
In that case, why KKR is spending so much money for Mash?? Pathetic Team Management---just a bunch of a looser!

yaseer
April 25, 2009, 03:50 AM
Agreed with Tintin......after Mendis's last match performance its getting tougher for Mash to get to the XI......KKR not gonna drop Hodge for Mash...simply because they don't have any batsman and Hodge is their vice-captain also. So, Mendis needs to fail badly if Mash wants be close to selecting. Again Lengaveldt is there for the competition. Chances are becoming very slim for Mash getting a single game.

Antora
April 25, 2009, 03:53 AM
awww :( I haven't watched a KKR match coz im so annoyed at them.. but hearing this...totally heart breaking...I feel so sorry for mash :(

yaseer
April 25, 2009, 03:56 AM
On the other hand, Some consecutive failure of Jaya, Duminy or Bravo (which can happen anytime) can give chance for ASH to be in the XI......anyway many ifs and buts for both ASH and MASH to be selected.....

sharjilh
April 25, 2009, 09:23 AM
On the other hand, Some consecutive failure of Jaya, Duminy or Bravo (which can happen anytime) can give chance for ASH to be in the XI......anyway many ifs and buts for both ASH and MASH to be selected.....

Jayasuriya played badly, but certainly not Duminy and Bravo! :S

karimjay.
April 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
you know john buchanan is hodges' b****.

i really dislike hodge now. he's as boring a batsman you can get in t20.

crikfreak
April 25, 2009, 12:50 PM
yea i saw it yesterday... it felt good to see him again... i wish he hadn't picked up that ball... but to hell with buchanan.........

the kkr management srsly is pathetic... nothing amkes sense.... i wanna see hodge out... he's boring me...

bharat
April 25, 2009, 03:17 PM
KRR has the worst domestic (Indian) batting .Apart from Ganguli they dont have anyone.As Tintin pointed out its difficult for Mash to replace the 'star batsmen' Hodge.More than anything else Hodge might be picked for the hope that he might fire (which he wont )

But Hodge for a T20 ?? KRR will finish at the borrom .Sharauk Khan should be like the other owners watch from the sidelines rather than act like a Godfather ( read his statement where he feels that the players are like is 'sons" :floor: )

Nafi
April 25, 2009, 04:47 PM
To be honest I rate even better than Mashraffe's batting against Hodge.

crickwizard
April 26, 2009, 02:35 AM
Sharukh is an idiot and buchanon is an arrogant aussie. Mash should be more careful outside field, in cricket personality is important

kalpurush
April 26, 2009, 04:01 AM
To be honest I rate even better than Mashraffe's batting against Hodge.
It all depends how Bucca sees it, doesn't it?!!!;)

Zeeshan
April 26, 2009, 06:48 AM
Will our Mashrafe get a chance?

http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/401575.html

sharjilh
April 26, 2009, 07:06 AM
Will our Mashrafe get a chance?

http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/story/401575.html

yeah but they are Indian players so it doesnt matter. If they sent back Brad Hodge and Moises Henriques then Mashrafes chances would increase :P

Zeeshan
April 26, 2009, 07:08 AM
What's the quota for having Indian players? 4 or 5?

Edit: Nevermind. It's 7.

"Right now we are down to 11 Indians and seven of them need to play so we don't think we will trim it," Bhattacharya said.

Zeeshan
April 26, 2009, 07:13 AM
btw...is that 600 g taxed or untaxed?

sharjilh
April 26, 2009, 09:24 AM
btw...is that 600 g taxed or untaxed?

LOL, good question. :P

akabir77
April 26, 2009, 12:13 PM
I wish mash would go to punjab. he could have opened the bowling with pathan... his old room mate. punjabxi would have became very strong team with him. I always hated Sharuk and now its official now...

nycpro96
April 26, 2009, 01:13 PM
i was also thinking about mash and that he would probably get to play with punjab

Sovik
April 26, 2009, 01:38 PM
i think they will pick Charl Langeveldt over mash.

Ashfaq
April 26, 2009, 02:30 PM
i think they will pick Charl Langeveldt over mash.

Being a local boy, Langevelt will probably get the nod ahead of Mash.

cricman
April 26, 2009, 05:54 PM
After seeing Punjab Wearing Arsenal Kits, Would have loved to see Mashrafe in Arsenal Colors

Ajfar
April 26, 2009, 08:53 PM
Being a local boy, Langevelt will probably get the nod ahead of Mash.

being a local boy langevelt should have gotten nod a lot sooner...just goes to show how much brain KKR management have

Murad
April 26, 2009, 09:55 PM
Mash will play tomorrow in place of Brad Hodge.

Zeeshan
April 26, 2009, 10:00 PM
confirmed? jodi vor 5 tay uitha dekhi Mash nai...murad vaire muro-ghonta koira charmu :P

cricman
April 26, 2009, 10:51 PM
confirmed? jodi vor 5 tay uitha dekhi Mash nai...murad vaire muro-ghonta koira charmu :P

I'm starting the Match Thread

kalpurush
April 26, 2009, 10:53 PM
I always hated Sharuk and now its official now...
SRK Hate Club on the way? Pls. include me as organizing member...;)

kalpurush
April 26, 2009, 10:56 PM
I'm starting the Match Thread
I won't compete...if ...!!!;)

kalpurush
April 26, 2009, 11:00 PM
mash will play tomorrow in place of brad hodge.
[বাংলা]মুরাদ, এখন আমরা কাকে ধোলাই দিব...?! এস আর খান এখন আবার জিরো থেকে হিরো?!![/বাংলা];)

Murad
April 26, 2009, 11:28 PM
bhaijanera..it is not confirmed. But According to some dailies, KKR management have told him he might play tomorrow. ar tara erokom aage o korse..

bharat
April 28, 2009, 11:02 PM
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Addictions/entry/why-kkr-coach-john-boka

an angry fan

RazabQ
April 28, 2009, 11:16 PM
pretty funny rant ...

Zeeshan
April 28, 2009, 11:24 PM
lol @

Solution: There’s only one way to save the season for KKR. Sack Buchanan. Now. Replace him with anybody, even Mandira Bedi.

Tintin
April 29, 2009, 01:11 AM
>> For being unsure about team’s bowling strength: Buchanan is clueless about his team’s bowling strength.

This is a KKR tradition. Last year they had Ajantha Mendis in their time for the whole tournament. But had no clue what he could bowl and did not play him for a single match !

crickwizard
April 29, 2009, 02:11 AM
John Bokna (Sagol) will be kicked out of IPL forever, wait another couple of matches.

karimjay.
April 29, 2009, 05:30 AM
>> For being unsure about team’s bowling strength: Buchanan is clueless about his team’s bowling strength.

This is a KKR tradition. Last year they had Ajantha Mendis in their time for the whole tournament. But had no clue what he could bowl and did not play him for a single match !

he actually did play a few games... didn't do anything spectacular but didn't do badly either.

lets face it though. mashrafi is in the worst quintile for t20 bowlers. can we REALLY blame kkr.

Ajfar
April 29, 2009, 10:00 AM
he actually did play a few games... didn't do anything spectacular but didn't do badly either.

lets face it though. mashrafi is in the worst quintile for t20 bowlers. can we REALLY blame kkr.

ya right..he's about 50 steps agarkar...

but lets say i do agree with what you are saying about mash being a crappy player in T20..but from what i recall after KKR bought him they were saying we bought him based on his ODI ability..he's been doing so good lately in ODI..so there is no way they can bring in his T20 records in their defense...i think its starting to become clear getting mashrafee was only SRK decision..and the only reason was to get bangladeshi crowd on their side..buchannan had no plan for mashrafee from the beginning...i can't wait till IPL is over..i'm sure we'll hear much more details about the KKR management from mash..

RazabQ
April 29, 2009, 12:11 PM
seriously - I'm not getting the Buchanan strategy ... KKR gig is proving just how much the Australian success was due to the players and not this phil jax wannabe!

Bengaliprince176
April 29, 2009, 01:41 PM
Mash might play next match hopefully ( i know we keep saying that lol)

Fakeiplplayer blog....

"Lordie wants Bangla Tiger to be drafted in. Skipper seems to be agreeing. Bhookha has not openly disagreed. "

could be true...or maybe the writer ( some say its a reli pissed off fan) feels that Mash is coming in....after todays performance, i hope so :)

BangladeshFan
April 29, 2009, 01:51 PM
i think bucha has an issue with mashrafi..... and let me guess..... mashrafi wont play in any of the matches..... unless SRK take the law in his own hand and give a filmi kick on bucha's rear..... which is very unlikely.

so guys, stop hoping/watching, mashrafi wont get a game.

Ajfar
April 29, 2009, 05:10 PM
Mash might play next match hopefully ( i know we keep saying that lol)

Fakeiplplayer blog....

"Lordie wants Bangla Tiger to be drafted in. Skipper seems to be agreeing. Bhookha has not openly disagreed. "

could be true...or maybe the writer ( some say its a reli pissed off fan) feels that Mash is coming in....after todays performance, i hope so :)

this fake ipl player shud predict bangla tiger won't play..so to prove him wrong kkr will play him..

Tintin
April 29, 2009, 07:46 PM

Thanks, didn't know that. So it is remarkable that just one month after this he routed the Indian team in the Asia cup.

Murad
April 29, 2009, 07:53 PM
SRK said he will not go back to South Africa if the team doesn't start winning matches. :lol:

How funny he is. Beta bucha re fire kor.. win kora shuru korbi..!!!

bujhee kom
April 29, 2009, 08:17 PM
Bhais, if I, BK ever catch bucha's bichi in new york, I swear I will stick and light a dhakaiya 'Tara Batti' in his buttocks make him roll around butch naked on horse dung in Columbus Circle!

Ajfar
April 29, 2009, 10:06 PM
Bhais, if I, BK ever catch bucha's bichi in new york, I swear I will stick and light a dhakaiya 'Tara Batti' in his buttocks make him roll around butch naked on horse dung in Columbus Circle!

nah columbus cricle nah..jackson heights e niya koiren..taile aro bangalider dekhar sujug hobe..

tiger_omar
April 30, 2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks, didn't know that. So it is remarkable that just one month after this he routed the Indian team in the Asia cup.

And our boy Mash will do the same to them in the 20/20 World Cup :-D.

Sovik
April 30, 2009, 05:15 AM
he is just trying to make himself feel better. no one wants to sit out the whole tournament.

zainab
May 1, 2009, 05:28 AM
No use bitching about Mash's non selection, there are many outstanding bowlers who are sidelined now, e.g. Glen Mcgrath, Paul Collingwood had to return to England without playing one match, but he said that it was a fabulous experience and great practice for him.

I am sure that Mash is practising his bowling and fielding under different coaches and the same can be said about Ash, he is practising his fielding under one of the best fielders in the world, and hopefully learning a few more batting techniques under Shaun Pollock.

They are also getting to mix and interact with players from different countries, improve their English speaking skills and on the whole enjoy the atmosphere of the IPL in SA.
I think that KKR will be knocked out of the competition early, so Mash will return home earlier, but Mumbai Indians might be in the final four. In any case, they will both be in BD for the training camp of the 20/20 World cup squad.

Megh
May 1, 2009, 09:44 AM
In that case, why KKR is spending so much money for Mash?? Pathetic Team Management---just a bunch of a looser!

i ithink that KKR was so keen to not to let Punjab have Mash. i think if Mash was in Punjab then by now at least couple of matches could be in his pocket for sure.

I saw the incident and was a bit angry with Mash. I expect a bit more of a personality from him than doing a ball-boy and collecting the ball before it crossed the boundary. IMO, that is unprofessional. I do not know the rules; but it is safe NOT to touch the ball that way, especially when you are also a part of one of the teams.

you should know that it happens so many many many time even in international match. that time there wasn't a single fielder around there. there was no one so he picked the ball and send back in the field even we see this kinda thing international matches where players stay in the pavillion upstairs and here they stay right next to the rope all-time. so i don't see anything wrong in that. otherwise fielder should go in the crowd to pick up the ball when it hits for six in the stands. Boka-nana(i mean Buchanan) always think of himself the most-known-everything of cricket after being with the Aus for a long time aussie domination and he thinks its him who made this possible. actully that boka-nana doesn't know that not for him, those aussie players don't need anyone to coach them. they are like a cricket book by themselves(ok not all of them but many of them). now i think Sunil Gavaskar said the right thing about buchanan that a player who played only 3/4 first class matches then how come he experiments with cricket this much???

Beamer
May 1, 2009, 10:53 AM
I don't know why are we so mad that Mash isn't playing! Last time I checked, he was bowling off-spinners in Dhaka league due to the injury he was carrying. This non-playing actually benefits him to recover, refresh, and also observe from close quarters the nuances of intl 20/20 cricket. All of our players need the break after having a somewhat busy itenary last year. No complaints from my end.

AsifTheManRahman
May 1, 2009, 12:06 PM
T20s are no fun if teams aren't scoring 170s/180s/190s. The IPL is a load of crap. I wish the ICL was still around - at least I'd have a team to support.

AsifTheManRahman
May 1, 2009, 12:07 PM
I don't know why are we so mad that Mash isn't playing! Last time I checked, he was bowling off-spinners in Dhaka league due to the injury he was carrying. This non-playing actually benefits him to recover, refresh, and also observe from close quarters the nuances of intl 20/20 cricket. All of our players need the break after having a somewhat busy itenary last year. No complaints from my end.
Add to that bowling to the likes of McCullum, Gayle and Ganguly in the nets.

HereWeGo
May 2, 2009, 10:49 AM

The rumor is that he wasnt actually injured during the Dhaka league, He just did not want to sustain an injury before IPL and loose out on the 4 crore taka. Just a rumor tho...

Tigers_eye
May 2, 2009, 10:55 AM
The rumor is that he wasnt actually injured during the Dhaka league, He just did not want to sustain an injury before IPL and loose out on the 4 crore taka. Just a rumor tho...
And with that he won almost 100% matches so who cares about the rumor. I was hoping he don't get injured in IPL. As long as he is not playing the chances are minimal.

Baundule
May 2, 2009, 07:20 PM
you should know that it happens so many many many time even in international match. that time there wasn't a single fielder around there. there was no one so he picked the ball and send back in the field even we see this kinda thing international matches where players stay in the pavillion upstairs and here they stay right next to the rope all-time.

The important point is, he collected the ball within the field and not outside, before it touched the rope. I have never seen such an incident before.

Zeeshan
May 2, 2009, 08:45 PM
The important point is, he collected the ball within the field and not outside, before it touched the rope. I have never seen such an incident before.

i really think you guys are making a rangamati out of pipilikar dhibi... :-?

mshakir56
May 3, 2009, 01:28 AM
such an act is unacceptable at this level of cricket. but dont worry guys. it didnt make too much buzz in cricket circle, or else it would have been on cricinfo for sure.

Tehsin
May 3, 2009, 06:37 PM
Amen.

Also, looks like the Indian players aren't really that much better then the Indian players who played in ICL. So, technically, aside from the foreign players and the Indian national players, there's not much of a difference between IPL and ICL. Let's also remember that it's 20/20 and such, the difference in quality isn't a big factor.

Go ICl, GO MASH and ASH.

T20s are no fun if teams aren't scoring 170s/180s/190s. The IPL is a load of crap. I wish the ICL was still around - at least I'd have a team to support.

HereWeGo
May 3, 2009, 07:58 PM

Sometimes humans are suppose to make judgement calls. If the ball was surely gonna touch the rope than it really doesnt matter if mash picked it up from inside or outside. Ball boys sometimes pick the ball from inside the field. Provided that no other fielder could get to the ball, it is not a big deal.

Zeeshan
May 3, 2009, 08:27 PM
Sometimes humans are suppose to make judgement calls. If the ball was surely gonna touch the rope than it really doesnt matter if mash picked it up from inside or outside. Ball boys sometimes pick the ball from inside the field. Provided that no other fielder could get to the ball, it is not a big deal.

But.... but....if one takes Zeno's paradox into account, the ball could never reach the boundary rope as it takes half the distant to reach the rope, and for THAT to reach, it has to traverse half the distant and for THAT to reach, it has to reach half of that distant and so on ad iniftum....

So what if MAsh gave away 4 runs where there was none. :(