PDA

View Full Version : Bhookha Nan wants more Internationals allowed in Starting XI

bdchamp20
May 4, 2009, 08:56 AM
http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/content/current/site/ipl2009/
This is probably the best thing he has said this season.

Apparently Mash is being left out because Bhooka Nan has adopted a batting policy for KKR. When will this idiot understand that KKR's batting is crap? That is why KKR has scored 150+ only once this season. But their bowling with Mortaza, Ishant, Mendis, Dinda and Karthik does have some potential. Look at how Rajasthan and Panjab are winning matches eventhough they are not scoring big.

From the signs I think Mash is close to playing for KKR but I have been disappointed countless times so I am not sure whether he will play at all.

Tintin
May 4, 2009, 09:40 AM
>> Bhookha Nan wants more Internationals allowed in Starting XI

and everyone should be an Aussie ?

crikfreak
May 4, 2009, 10:33 AM
From the signs I think Mash is close to playing for KKR but I have been disappointed countless times so I am not sure whether he will play at all.

well... he's been close to playing in almost all the matches... yet we've been dissapointed every time... so i've stopped expecting himt o play.... but i still hope he does....

bharat
May 4, 2009, 12:14 PM

Then why not make IPL ..A(ustralia)PL or I(Internationa)PL.

The restriction of 4 players is for all the franchises ..Bhookha Nan acts as if KRR is the only one with the limitation.His job is to do best with this resources !!

Bhooka Nan and Joker Khan make the perfect pair !! Both seem to forget that cricket is played by 11 players on the ground not outside it.

Rabz
May 4, 2009, 12:15 PM
Well, i have to agree with him on this one. There should be 6-5 combination.
Even though its IPL with a capital I for India, but its the international players who adds the flavour and peoples flocks in to see them, offcourse alongside the indian stars.

More importantly, it is only a matter of time that it happens. 4 teams have foreign captains (Warne, McCullum,KP, Gilchrist). Kumble is only the stand-by keeper of RCB cuz KP left for national duty.

ALL of the teams have foreign coaches, and most of their support staffs are also foreigners.
When there is so much involvment of the overseas players,coach and coaching staffs, its only inevitable that IPL would give in.

patriot
May 4, 2009, 12:36 PM
I hate to admit but Bokanaan is spot on with this! To make the league more exciting and tough you need more foreign players . Barring the 15 odd Indian national team players , the performance of other Indian domestic players in the matches played so far were poor and embarrassing at times. Yusuf Abdullah hasn’t played a game for SA and he comes to the IPL and currently heads the highest wicket takers list . Why ? Cos , Ashok dinda , Manpreet gony , Ajit Agarkar , Ashihs Nehra , Laxmi Shukla are all Rubbish .

Every team is banking on its foreign players to win a game. The performance of these 4 players (and the Indian national team players) decide the outcome of a match. The rest are just filling in spaces. Just look at KKR.

bangla-red
May 4, 2009, 01:35 PM
Who's Bhookha Naan?

Murad
May 4, 2009, 02:15 PM
4 is more than enough. Bucha is failing so he will ask for anything.

It's an Indian league. They are spending millions of dollars so that their rookie players get some experience playing against/with some superstars. It's not an International league.

bharat
May 4, 2009, 02:49 PM
I hate to admit but Bokanaan is spot on with this! To make the league more exciting and tough you need more foreign players . Barring the 15 odd Indian national team players , the performance of other Indian domestic players in the matches played so far were poor and embarrassing at times. Yusuf Abdullah hasn’t played a game for SA and he comes to the IPL and currently heads the highest wicket takers list . Why ? Cos , Ashok dinda , Manpreet gony , Ajit Agarkar , Ashihs Nehra , Laxmi Shukla are all Rubbish .

Every team is banking on its foreign players to win a game. The performance of these 4 players (and the Indian national team players) decide the outcome of a match. The rest are just filling in spaces. Just look at KKR.

But isnt it the stated objective of IPL ? To get the Indian talent out .Last year we got Yousaf Pathan ,Mishra and < forgot the name of the lefty batsmen from RR>
Also the fringe players got a look into.RP singh is back to form thanks IPL
.This year there are a few more !

The quality of the games might imroove if the number of foreign players are increased but the objective of IPL will be lost .Also , its a double edged sword.IPL targets Indian audience.The Indian audience wants quality as well as local new stars.A thin line to balance on ... I think 4 is good call , 5 might be ok but will be a streach considering that there will 3-4 Indian stars per team .This would leave less than 3/4 slots for the Under 21's and upcoming players.If I were to watch only international and established stars play I rather watch an international game...

International interest ( including BD) is good for IPL but I think the interest is misplaced.Its like the Chinese interested in NBA ..China might send an NBA star who might put the NBA stage on fire but at the end of the day its a US 'domestic'/franchise game.

smashyboy
May 4, 2009, 03:46 PM
Buchanan wants more players like McCullum who si the worst even if you include the youngsters.

BanCricFan
May 4, 2009, 04:07 PM
Bhooka Nan and Joker Khan make the perfect pair !!

Made me laugh, bro! :lol:

sbanana
May 4, 2009, 08:28 PM
Some says : This will become a FPL from IPL ! This news is now making headlines.

Waugh has now openly criticized Buchanan. What surprises me is that Buchanan is still arrogant and do not seem to be accepting any responsibility for failure. Is he thinking there is still chance of a recovery?

He has categorically stated that Mash will have a very limited chance of getting into playing 11.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/component/latest_cricket_news/Story/13716/buchanan-wants-more-than-4-foreigners

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/shah-rukh-khan-turns-silent-after-knightmare/40568-27.html

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/buchanan-for-more-foreigners-in-playing-xi/40557-27.html

Ajfar
May 4, 2009, 08:40 PM
seems like Buchanan is more popular these days than ashraful in BC...we might need a "everything Buchanan does thread"...

Baundule
May 5, 2009, 02:09 AM

and everyone should be an Aussie ?
hmmm, then he can recruit his kajer sele, bashar darwan and driver in the playing XI. :D

This guy is a big joke. IPL is for India and 4 foreign players are more than enough. They should have reduced it to 2 or maxm 3. One batsman, one bowler and may be one all-rounder so that the Indian roockies can learn from them.

BD-Shardul
May 5, 2009, 03:03 AM
There has to be an excuse for failure.

Ashfaq
May 5, 2009, 03:33 AM
There has to be an excuse for failure.

Yeah, one line that holds true for every loser, regardless of time frame, ethnicity and scope of failure.

limon
May 5, 2009, 04:17 AM
4 is more than enough. Bucha is failing so he will ask for anything.

It's an Indian league. They are spending millions of dollars so that their rookie players get some experience playing against/with some superstars. It's not an International league.

i agree, but not completely. IPL is money more than Cricket.

BD-Shardul
May 5, 2009, 09:50 AM
IPL is for India and 4 foreign players are more than enough. They should have reduced it to 2 or maxm 3. One batsman, one bowler and may be one all-rounder so that the Indian roockies can learn from them.

When you start a tournament like IPL, you have to write such bull crap in your mission statement. Can you write in your mission statement that you are organizing this tourney mainly to earn money, the real mission and objective?

Baundule
May 5, 2009, 09:56 AM
When you start a tournament like IPL, you have to write such bull crap in your mission statement. Can you write in your mission statement that you are organizing this tourney mainly to earn money, the real mission and objective?
you are right that money is the main thing; but taking more indian players also serves that purpose. India have actually got a good set of players like Rohit Sharma, Raina, Gony, Praveen, Yusuf etc. from last year's IPL.

BD-Shardul
May 5, 2009, 09:59 AM
you are right that money is the main thing; but taking more indian players also serves that purpose. India have actually got a good set of players like Rohit Sharma, Raina, Gony, Praveen, Yusuf etc. from last year's IPL.

These players are the by-product of IPL :D

Tintin
May 5, 2009, 10:03 AM

We are talking about 7*8 = 56 Indian players plus another 10 or so as backups. India has probably about half or two-thirds that many quality players. So every team has two or three minor players who are easily expendable. Any foreign, international player will draw more attention than these minor players. This is where the change of rule can have an effect.

bharat
May 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
Bukha Nan is detremental to the Indian domestic players as well.By voicing his concern and asking for more Aussies (Internationals) he is breaking the confidence of KRR Indian players.I agree that KRR does not have the best Indian set but a lot depends on how you handle these players.

Rajastan Royals made Wasim Akram out of a "Gulli' cricketer (Kamran Khan) . Bukha Nan is like .."give me the Aussie team of 2003 and I will show how to win"

Would like to see Ganguli back at the helm (maybe even coach)..cant see him do worse than Bukha.

yaseer
May 5, 2009, 10:06 AM
There is also a rule to play a young indian player (may be U-22) in each match......

Beamer
May 5, 2009, 10:44 AM
How many here think that Bucannan has tacit support of SRK with everything that has gone on with this franchise?

Neel Here
May 5, 2009, 12:56 PM
How many here think that Bucannan has tacit support of SRK with everything that has gone on with this franchise?

SRK prolly gave him a free hand and will stick with that for one complete run, this IPL.

one bad side effect of the IPL shift was that if it was played in india, BD would have been considered in KKR's catchment area(modi said so) and BD players would have been treated at par with indian players. meaning they wouldn't have had to compete in the international quota.

sbanana
May 5, 2009, 10:54 PM
Today's breaking news is: Buchanan's contract will not be renewed, after this IPL season. Sharukh will be tough on him and his entire coaching brigade.

I'll not be surprised if Sharukh will make Dada go at the same time.

karimjay.
May 6, 2009, 04:45 AM
Today's breaking news is: Buchanan's contract will not be renewed, after this IPL season. Sharukh will be tough on him and his entire coaching brigade.

I'll not be surprised if Sharukh will make Dada go at the same time.

thankyou lord.

AsifTheManRahman
May 6, 2009, 12:37 PM
Why make Dada go? Making Kalam bhai the captain over Dada bhai was the first of many mistakes that KKR have made this season.

Neel Here
May 6, 2009, 12:50 PM
considering that he has no captaincy experience worth the name, bukha probably wanted someone who would dance to his tunes, gangu is certainly not the right one for that.

next year tho' gangu should be left out, he has no cricket outside IPL and his fitness(never great) simply won't keep up. one can see how rusty he is after just a 5 months gap, think what will happen after 12 ! and to boot he is a big biriyani fan too ! :lol:

he will be a good coach though, his eye for talent is the best in the world. in a few years time we might see him coaching BD ! may be he is the one who will light the fire, the ingredient is already there.
but need to get rid of the damp squib siddons first.

AsifTheManRahman
May 6, 2009, 03:54 PM
he will be a good coach though, his eye for talent is the best in the world. in a few years time we might see him coaching BD ! may be he is the one who will light the fire, the ingredient is already there.

Hmm...I quite like the idea.

cricman
May 6, 2009, 04:23 PM
David Hussey will get a Game in before Mashrafe

mshakir56
May 6, 2009, 07:47 PM
David Hussey will get a Game in before Mashrafe
Any more australians left to play ?

sbanana
May 6, 2009, 08:47 PM
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/kolkata-squash-buchanan-quitting-report/40640-27.html

So, Here is the contrary news-

The way Bucha... is biased to white players he would played all 11 from Australia, Mash should now see if any one else(Franchise) is interested next time.

sbanana
May 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
On KKR web site there are lots of posts from Mashrafe fans that are using disgustingly foul language.
I do not know if these supporters are actually helping Masrafe's cause or managing to make it worse.
I get a feeling that SRK is a very stubborn person the way he has backed Buchanan so far. The whole episode is just pathetic and bitter. Fans will do well to check their tongue a bit, I think.

bharat
May 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4510767.cms

Indian player(s) accuse Buka Naan staff of discrimination (racism?)

thebest
May 11, 2009, 12:09 PM
As IPL is modeling on EPL, Buchanon is trying to make a rich man's Arsenal (i.e model on Chelsea). That mean just like Arsenal their indian player would be fringe player (a Walcot) and the team would be all foreigners. At least Chelsea two main players are Englis

Zayden2
February 24, 2010, 02:25 AM
ipl is just a big darama from indians to make a lot of money...crappp..