PDA

View Full Version : PHP-Nuke

chinaman
December 9, 2003, 08:12 PM
PHP-Nuke is a news automated system specially designed to be used in Intranets and Internet. The Administrator has total control of his web site, registered users, and he will have in the hand a powerful assembly of tools to maintain an active and 100% interactive web site using databases.

For some unknown reason I failed to make sense of the above official definition of PHP-Nuke. Other things on their main site didn't make me feel good either. My sixth sense tells me the Nuke is a very useful thing, but how? Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Ehsan
December 9, 2003, 09:02 PM
Well, china bhai it is useful. You did visit dhumketu, all it used was PHP Nuke. Everything on their main site is of PHP Nuke, it is linked with the forum as well.

The best thing about it is, new things always keep coming; you can add a new feature without doing a single programing in PHP.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by ehsan]

chinaman
December 9, 2003, 11:22 PM
You mean "new automated system" instead of "news automated system"?

In other words, it's a web builder, right?

Ehsan
December 10, 2003, 12:03 AM
"news automated system"

I think its in a sense how PHP Nuke is built on with message board.

rafiq
December 12, 2003, 03:45 PM
We run the drishtipat.org site using php-nuke. It has many modules, but is a bit hard to get your arms around at first, from what the web guys tell me. It is a bit of an overkill if you want basic functionality. One of my clients is using the Typepad blog which may be fine if your needs are simpler.