PDA

View Full Version : The curse of BD players on IPL team.

Orpheus
May 21, 2009, 09:00 AM
Last year,

Razzaq, only BD player to be in IPL - played for Banglore, team ended up being the last.

this year, ashraful and mashrafee represented Mumbai and Kolkata respectively -

both team ended up last....one sucked more than the other.

In all three teams, BD player just got ONE game and sucked really bad in it too - oh btw - all lost that game as well.

Orpheus
May 21, 2009, 09:18 AM
which team would be dumb enough to take a Bangladeshi player next season?? that is the big question.

BD-Shardul
May 21, 2009, 10:07 AM
which team would be dumb enough to take a Bangladeshi player next season?? that is the big question.

No Team.

AsifTheManRahman
May 21, 2009, 10:11 AM
No Team.Unless some of the guys beat the living hell out of some of the oppositions in the world cup next month.

tiger_omar
May 22, 2009, 12:48 AM
Unless some of the guys beat the living hell out of some of the oppositions in the world cup next month.

Good call, because seriously, the way our players have performed in the IPL although in only one game each, there shouldn't be a reason for teams to sign our players and let alone play them.

But I say give someone like Shakib and Mash a chance to prove themselves in 20/20, and they'll do it.

Hopefully they perform big time in the World Cup and get recognized by the IPL next season.

Zunaid
May 22, 2009, 12:56 AM
It's not a curse. It's reality. We are not good enough. Yet, I will be a fan. A dedicated fan. Till I die. Or am killed by BCCI.

Baundule
May 22, 2009, 02:40 AM
The main problem with the Bangladeshi players is not their cricketing ability; it is their personalities. Last year Razzak was an stand out performer in T20s; still he could not instill enough confidence in his coach or captain to get selected. Dravid was even denying singles, even when the match was lost.

This year, it was a tough call for both Mash and Ash. Mashrafe is a victim, yes the word is carefully chosen, of mis team-management. Guys like Henriques were getting picked ahead of Mendis, Mash and Langeveldt. The only chance he got, he started pretty well, almost getting the wicket of Gilchrist. But then he broke down, delivering full tosses and length balls.

In Mumbai, there were superior players than Ash and there is no shame that he got selected for only one match. He got himself out to a very good delivery; but he was electric in the field.

In general, the elite pannel of world cricket do underestimate the capabilities of Bangladeshi players. So, they do not get proper chances, at least that has been the case in the IPL. Having a full team of ours in the ICL showed the world what we are capable of. Even with a mediocre set of players, they could compete with big names. Anyway, we could have seen a better performances, if Mash were playing for Punjab and Ash for Shane Warne's team.

Purbasha T
May 22, 2009, 05:47 AM
It's not a curse. It's reality. We are not good enough. Yet, I will be a fan. A dedicated fan. Till I die. Or am killed by BCCI.

Rhyme-time :-D

BD-Shardul
May 22, 2009, 06:22 AM
To be honest, the ball that got Ash out was a very good ball. It was not a usual four ball. :D

Bechara Ashraful is always the victim of very good balls. :(

Gowza
May 22, 2009, 07:08 AM
i still think any team would be lucky to have shakib in their squad, naeem if he can learn to be more aggressive at the right times could become a pretty handy t20 player as well. there is also rasel and i think ash is still a player teams might consider, not sure whether mash will be written off yet or not.

sharjilh
May 22, 2009, 08:33 AM
i still think any team would be lucky to have shakib in their squad, naeem if he can learn to be more aggressive at the right times could become a pretty handy t20 player as well. there is also rasel and i think ash is still a player teams might consider, not sure whether mash will be written off yet or not.

i dont really think they can cancel the players contract after 1 year. It only happened with Pakistani players because they were unable to come to play to India, so their contracts could be cancelled. Razzak's contract was also cancelled because he was ineligible for selection as he was banned.

But for Kolkata Knight Riders Umar Gul is coming back! Also the way Langeveldt bowled I dont think theres any room for Mortaza...

Im sure Mohammad Ashraful will stay with Mumbai Indians though :)

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2009, 08:41 AM
Dear Shirjilh,
Join us in WC T20 BC fantasy league. Promise it would be fun. Pm your address to Murad.

http://fantasy.cricinfo.com/fantasy/...eague_id=79960 (http://fantasy.cricinfo.com/fantasy/fantasyleague/user/league_home.html?game_id=56;league_id=79960)

MohammedC
May 22, 2009, 09:19 AM
Dear Shirjilh,
Join us in WC T20 BC fantasy league. Promise it would be fun. Pm your address to Murad.

http://fantasy.cricinfo.com/fantasy/...eague_id=79960 (http://fantasy.cricinfo.com/fantasy/fantasyleague/user/league_home.html?game_id=56;league_id=79960)

:doh:Mizan bhai what have you done :hairpull:. Khal kete keno kumir re dawat dilen bhai. j/k

On serious note Shirjilh you are always welcome.

Tigers_eye
May 22, 2009, 09:30 AM
:doh:Mizan bhai what have you done :hairpull:. Khal kete keno kumir re dawat dilen bhai. j/k

On serious note Shirjilh you are always welcome.
I like new challenges. Ar kotokal will beat up on you guys?

I figure he will boost our league average. :)

al-Sagar
May 22, 2009, 09:55 PM
lets hope next ipl bd payers will have a better show.

sbanana
May 22, 2009, 10:16 PM
Last year,

Razzaq, only BD player to be in IPL - played for Banglore, team ended up being the last.

this year, ashraful and mashrafee represented Mumbai and Kolkata respectively -

both team ended up last....one sucked more than the other.

In all three teams, BD player just got ONE game and sucked really bad in it too - oh btw - all lost that game as well.

These teams finished last alright, but the BD players are not to be blamed for that....they hardly played. T20 is a lottery version of cricket, success is never guaranteed; but if you are good enough, you should come good 1 out of 2-3 times... but you need to get chance to play at least 4-5 games in succession.

Considering the limit of 4 non -Indian players per game, it is difficult to visualize a BD player making it to the playing 11, the way things have gone.

One World
May 24, 2009, 02:38 PM
Its the curse of Aussies that submerged the main contenders.

BANFAN
May 24, 2009, 03:42 PM
It's not the teams, but the BD players are losing the most by going there. Razzaq damaged, Mash and Ash is also to some extent but need to see what they do in the coming WC matches. These teams shatter the confidence of our players through extreme underestimated treatments...if not any other thing.

Isnaad
May 25, 2009, 04:10 AM
Shakib will shine in IPL 2010......it is not a prediction, it is a fact!!!

Rifat
May 25, 2009, 04:28 AM
To be honest, the ball that got Ash out was a very good ball. It was not a usual four ball. :D

Bechara Ashraful is always the victim of very good balls. :(

i am kinda surprised to see Shardul bhai defend ashraful like this :D but it is true that we lost many ODI's after cardiff because our stronger opponents "figured out" simple equation to Bangladesh success, "Ashraful = Bangladesh win; no Ashraful, Bangladesh no win" the only time Bangladesh won without Ashraful majorly contributing is that famous India WC victory otherwise in every Victory Ashraful has been either the primary or the secondary architect behind famous Bangladesh victories.

zainab
May 25, 2009, 07:24 AM
Are Mash and Ash"s contract for one year or 3 years? If it is only for 1 yr, then Mash got a whole lot of money for playing one match.

There are many foreign players in other teams who did not get to play a single match in the IPL e.g. Ntini, Mcgrath, Chamara Silva, Dilhara Fernando, Kulasekara and many others. Are their contract going to be terminated too? I think not. The Franchises should only have 7 foreign players, they are wasting money by having 10 foreign players.

auntu
May 26, 2009, 05:02 AM
unless some of the guys beat the living hell out of some of the oppositions in the world cup next month.

[বাংলা]সেই আশায় দিন গুনছি...১,২,৩০০...[/বাংলা]