PDA

View Full Version : Shoaib Akhter pulled from World Twenty20 squad due to genital warts!!

bujhee kom
May 21, 2009, 09:29 AM
World Twenty20 2009

Shoaib pulled from World Twenty20 squad due to genital warts!!

Cricinfo staff

May 21, 2009

http://content.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/102600/102606.2.jpg

The PCB has withdrawn Shoaib Akhtar from the 15-man squad for next month's World Twenty20, saying - in an unusually revealing statement - that he had been diagnosed with genital viral warts. Rao Iftikhar Anjum's name has been sent to the ICC's technical committee by the PCB as a replacement.

Shoaib's participation had been in doubt after Intikhab Alam, Pakistan's coach, said yesterday he hadn't recovered sufficiently from a skin infection to play the three practice games the Pakistan squad is playing in Lahore.

"Shoaib Akhtar has been withdrawn from the World Twenty20 squad and Rao's name has been sent to the ICC as a replacement," a board spokesman said on Thursday.

The PCB's unusually graphic press release said that a three-member medical panel appointed by the PCB had found that Shoaib was suffering from "genital viral warts and electrofulgration [a surgical procedure] was done on May 12, 2009."

The panel added that "his wound though healing needs further care and treatment for another minimum ten days for the purpose of healing and to achieve skin cover. The Medical Board further recommended his re-assessment after 10 days.

"In accordance with the above program his re-assessment will be carried out on 1st week of June, 2009.In view of the above, PCB has requested ICC Technical Committee for the replacement."

The condition had initially ruled Shoaib out of the training camp the team attended in Bhurban, a mountainous hill resort near Islamabad. At the time, Shoaib expressed confidence that he would recover in time.

Shoaib has not trained since coming back from the series against Australia in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Questions were asked of his fitness levels during the five-ODI and one Twenty20 series; he failed to fulfill his quota of ten overs in any of the four ODIs he played and bowled only two overs in the Twenty20.

The latest episode is yet another blow to an injury and scandal ravaged career that has seen Shoaib play only 46 Tests out of the 96 Pakistan have played and 144 out of the 305 ODIs Pakistan have played since his debut in 1997-98. Shoaib missed the last World Twenty20 in South Africa when he was sent home after hitting teammate Mohammad Asif in a dressing room altercation.

© Cricinfo
Link: http://content.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/story/405415.html

Nafi
May 21, 2009, 09:36 AM
.....erm is that a transmitted disease?

Surfer
May 21, 2009, 09:51 AM
.....erm is that a transmitted disease?

Yes it is a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) and a bad one. And please dont google it if you dont want to spoil your day. Its really nasty.

desirocker
May 21, 2009, 10:01 AM
bad example for young cricketers

Rifat
May 21, 2009, 10:21 AM
:vomit:

:puke:
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

godzilla
May 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
LOL we know now what he has been up to on his off days LOLZ ... but damn that sucks for him poor kiddo needs to learn the meaning of safe sex and CONDOMS!!!!

Akib
May 21, 2009, 12:12 PM
Uhh...... why would they release that infromation? I think just Shoaib is unavailable due to personal issues would have sufficed.

bharat
May 21, 2009, 12:58 PM
Not sure Shoaib should be pissed at his medical situation or this Press release !!

What a complete bunch of morons !!

On a second thought isnt it criminal (legally) for PCB to disclose a persons ailment.I am no fan of Shoaib but this ends his cricketing and personal life as well ! Poor guy

al Furqaan
May 21, 2009, 03:04 PM
Not sure Shoaib should be pissed at his medical situation or this Press release !!

What a complete bunch of morons !!

On a second thought isnt it criminal (legally) for PCB to disclose a persons ailment.I am no fan of Shoaib but this ends his cricketing and personal life as well ! Poor guy

why would anyone want to sleep with him especially after this revelation?

wouldn't u want such info to be made public, so your daughter isn't caught up in allure and winds up getting burned? i'm sure anyone would.

when ur a pro athlete, or any other sort of person in the public eye, you lose some of your privacy. i'm not justifying this violation of HEPA standards, but lets look at it this way, a reason has to be given for why he's been omitted. basically the brother shouldn't have effed around. he's gonna have to lie in the bed that he made, no pun intended.

once again, shoaib's ability to self destruct shows no bounds.

bharat
May 21, 2009, 03:56 PM

wouldn't u want such info to be made public, so your daughter isn't caught up in allure and winds up getting burned? i'm sure anyone would.

when ur a pro athlete, or any other sort of person in the public eye, you lose some of your privacy. i'm not justifying this violation of HEPA standards, but lets look at it this way, a reason has to be given for why he's been omitted. basically the brother shouldn't have effed around. he's gonna have to lie in the bed that he made, no pun intended.

al Furqaan, cant agree with you here despite your anaology.His personal life is his ! The only think PCB is responsible for is whether he should play for Pak or not .

I cant see how a medical condition (whatever it is !) can made public without his consent !!

Again, whether such conditions (STD's) should made made public in the larger interest of the society (so that the govt/society can control its spread) is a different argument altogether.PCB has no authority to play the "moral police" in here.Its nothing but being vindictive.

Tigers_eye
May 21, 2009, 04:09 PM
Bharat, you are right. Yet I am happy that this got out. No more kissing hugging on camera with the bollywood stars lol.
+++
As for humiliation, wait till Taliban comes in to power, lol.

Orpheus
May 21, 2009, 04:31 PM
I am pretty sure that press release on his medical condition is illlegal unless authorised by shoaib.

wiseshah
May 21, 2009, 05:30 PM
al Furqaan, cant agree with you here despite your anaology.His personal life is his ! The only think PCB is responsible for is whether he should play for Pak or not .

I cant see how a medical condition (whatever it is !) can made public without his consent !!

Again, whether such conditions (STD's) should made made public in the larger interest of the society (so that the govt/society can control its spread) is a different argument altogether.PCB has no authority to play the "moral police" in here.Its nothing but being vindictive.

agree with u bharat. its against medical ethics. How about dr patient confidentiality. It can happen only in pakistan.

even if the news is wrong, shoib cant prove it to the media, atleast he cant show any image, his casanova image is gone.

never ever shake his hands: warning to BD players

al Furqaan
May 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
oh boo hoo...shoaib had already been advised long ago to change his lifestyle habits.

he's a public figure, and as such people find out when u f*** up. look at bill clinton, any other person and that would have stayed within his family and involved parties only.

mike vick, everyone knows now is a dog killer. tough luck, but there are repercussions for stupidity.

but i agree PCB should have kept it private, but do i really care? no. if shoaib wants, he can sue them...

al Furqaan
May 21, 2009, 07:33 PM
No more kissing hugging on camera with the bollywood stars lol.

bollywood's prolly where he got it from...lol

Akib
May 21, 2009, 07:34 PM
Like if some like random reporter or some website or some former girlfriend leaked this then I understand. But the fact that the PCB released this kind of personal info is just odd....

bujhee kom
May 21, 2009, 08:35 PM
Guys I feel bad for Shoaib Akhter, he is in pain and suffering right now...that's very painful right?
But bros, don't you get genital warts from touching frogs/toads inappropriately or something?

Orpheus
May 21, 2009, 09:43 PM
don't you get genital warts from touching frogs/toads inappropriately or something?

Bhai eishob kotha apni kotha thika shunchen?

Genital warts happen from various strains of HPV (HUMAN papilloma virus). It is a preventable disease - there is a vaccine for it. It is actually recommended that all girls after certain age get vaccinated against HPV. As always whenever there is talk of vaccine there is dumb public outcry - apparently parents feel this vaccine would make their girls more "promiscuous".

I think we can make this disease history if we want to. I will get my daughter the shot for sure but I might have to hide what it is for :p

In any case, I think al furqan really needs a lesson on ethics. Anyone, including you furqan can get it by no fault of yours.... so one shouldn't judge too fast. (not that I am defending Akhtar character but even he has rights I am afraid.)

ialbd
May 21, 2009, 09:47 PM
that was so unprofessional from PCB.... seems like this was done in purpose...

Surfer
May 21, 2009, 10:51 PM
Uhh...... why would they release that infromation? I think just Shoaib is unavailable due to personal issues would have sufficed.

PCB has been bashed left right and center over Akhtar over the years. Akhtar fans have always held him as a hero and PCB as the villain. Akhtar's main weapon is his public popularity in Pakistan. Naturally, quite a few members in PCB are frustrated with him and want the public to know a few things about him.

BANFAN
May 21, 2009, 11:58 PM
PCB has been bashed left right and center over Akhtar over the years. Akhtar fans have always held him as a hero and PCB as the villain. Akhtar's main weapon is his public popularity in Pakistan. Naturally, quite a few members in PCB are frustrated with him and want the public to know a few things about him.

PCB has always outdone shoaib or any other cricketer, in nonsensical acts. Your players can be expected to be as sensible as the board only.

samircreep
May 22, 2009, 04:12 AM
this is the funniest headline in a long long time...

Rabz
May 22, 2009, 04:25 AM
Have to agree with both Bharat and Surfer.

His personal medical condition should have been his private business and probably PCB thought its payback time.

Only good thing i can see coming out of his genital warts is public awareness.
Cricket is the biggest thing in the subcontinent and if this creates an awareness amogst the young people about STD's, let him be the sacrificial lamb.

Well, he had this coming.

Sovik
May 22, 2009, 05:45 AM
PCB has always outdone shoaib or any other cricketer, in nonsensical acts. Your players can be expected to be as sensible as the board only.

well said

al Furqaan
May 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
Bhai eishob kotha apni kotha thika shunchen?

Genital warts happen from various strains of HPV (HUMAN papilloma virus). It is a preventable disease - there is a vaccine for it. It is actually recommended that all girls after certain age get vaccinated against HPV. As always whenever there is talk of vaccine there is dumb public outcry - apparently parents feel this vaccine would make their girls more "promiscuous".

I think we can make this disease history if we want to. I will get my daughter the shot for sure but I might have to hide what it is for :p

In any case, I think al furqan really needs a lesson on ethics. Anyone, including you furqan can get it by no fault of yours.... so one shouldn't judge too fast. (not that I am defending Akhtar character but even he has rights I am afraid.)

ethics don't apply to shoaib akhtar...you live by the sword, you die by it.

any other person, its the same thing. but clearly, as surfer said this was a calculated move by the PCB. some may disagree and thats their prerogative.

its true i might get genital warts, but seeing as how i don't use public restrooms (depends all the way baby!), nor put my "cricket bat" into harms way, the only way is by God strucking me down for not caring about Shoaib's lack of privacy.

capslock
May 22, 2009, 10:43 AM
No fan of Shoaib, but this was a classless act from the PCB.

Kabir
May 22, 2009, 02:05 PM
I wasn't posting on BC lately...but this thread title made me pitch in a few words.

I'm not a fan of Shoaib, neither am I a fan of PCB. But such acts by a board only tells you how stupid one can get. Respect one's privacy for God's sake.

Asaad...expected better argument from you bro.

Orpheus
May 22, 2009, 04:42 PM
ethics don't apply to shoaib akhtar...you live by the sword, you die by it.

Stop being judgmental ok? Not everyone that doesn't follow your religious values deserve to suffer.

Having multiple sex partners do not make a person immoral/bad. He didn't do anything illegal there.

And you don't need to have multiple sex partners to get STD, you just need a wrong partner. Given the prevalence of HPV, chances are high that anyone can get it.

anyways, there is no point of arguing with you about this - you will grow up one day.

Zeeshan
May 22, 2009, 05:41 PM
Since you guys are talking about multiple sex partners....don't forget to mention that the fact that the fact Islam gives hi5 to being polygamous actually promotes the risk of having STDs eventhough I am not a master of contraceptive (here we go, out comes rojobda to rub it in me, why i am not). :)

Purbasha T
May 22, 2009, 07:17 PM
Since you guys are talking about multiple sex partners....don't forget to mention that the fact that the fact Islam gives hi5 to being polygamous actually promotes the risk of having STDs eventhough I am not a master of contraceptive (here we go, out comes rojobda to rub it in me, why i am not). :)

Lol, bro; don't let me start on this. Your statements contain serious misconception and an invalid ''fact''....So I guess you're just joking around........but still, just to clear. Islam only allows polygyny, but not polyandry, and that also under strictest of rulings. And medically speaking, polygyny itself promotes no risk of STDs, given that other relevant areas of Islam is maintained; like doing no ''stuff'' outside marriage .

And joking around on religions is just not acceptable. This is a cricket thread, so kindly keep the contents relevant; at least don't just jump on religions for GOD'S SAKE. :mad:

Orpheus
May 22, 2009, 07:23 PM
Islam only allows polygyny, but not polyandry, and that also under strictest of rulings. And medically speaking, polygyny promotes no risk of STDs, given that other relevant areas of Islam is maintained; like doing no ''stuff'' outside marriage .

I think you need to think through your logic again. LOL!!

only relevant part here is no hanky panky outside marriage : otherwise poly-ginni or poly-zamai makes no difference does it?

Purbasha T
May 22, 2009, 07:23 PM
Oh, saaad! He should've been in the WC. And well, as I personally don't know him; I would not comment on this. But if PCB has publicised it without Shoaib's consent, then that was really unfair and stupid.

Purbasha T
May 22, 2009, 07:26 PM
I think you need to think through your logic again. LOL!!

only relevant part here is no hanky panky outside marriage : otherwise poly-ginni or poly-zamai makes no difference does it?

Well, I was replying to Gopal Bhar's post. So I guess you need to go through his post again. :saint:

Sovik
May 22, 2009, 07:27 PM
Yes it is a STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) and a bad one. And please dont google it if you dont want to spoil your day. Its really nasty.

its little late for that.

Orpheus
May 22, 2009, 07:33 PM
Well, I was replying to Gopal Bhar's post. So I guess you need to go through his post again. :saint:

No I don't! If your post is logically fallible by itself - then it would be logically fallible as a reply to whatever.

Basically you can't make stuff up to reply someone, it has to stand on its own also.

btw, this only be my last post on anything religion -but Gopal is still right. Because the women you are marrying maybe divorced for whatever reason :) (husband cheating lol)

Purbasha T
May 22, 2009, 07:49 PM
Because the women you are marrying maybe divorced for whatever reason :) (husband cheating lol)

Well, ye that is a possbible case, but I can't see how that opposes my views.

Basically you can't make stuff up to reply someone, it has to stand on its own also.

I can't see either what exactly the 'stuff' is that I made up. :confused:

Orpheus
May 22, 2009, 08:11 PM
Well, ye that is a possbible case, but I can't see how that opposes my views.

there are a lot of things you don't see. If you did, I wouldn't be in this thread talking to you now. I will re-quote you:

1. Islam only allows polygyny, but not polyandry, and that also under strictest of rulings. 2. And medically speaking, polygyny promotes no risk of STDsYour statement implies that since "medically speaking" (yes you are the voice of medicine) - polygyny promotes no risk of STDs - Islam is right in allowing polygyny. You also mentioned Islam do not allow polyandry. And since you haven't mentioned anything medically relevant to it, you inferred that polyandry somehow increases risk of STDs and hence Islam is right in banning it. If you didn't infer that, then there was no need for you to write statement 2.

In short, Islam's stance on polygyny (allowing it) and polyandry (not allowing it) really has no relevance medically eventhough you tried to establish one. Is that clear?

what makes it worse for you is that this was your reply to gopal's assertion that by allowing polygyny Islam promotes STDs... your defence of Islam is that "it doesn't allow polyandry" as if polyandry promotes STDs. I am just repeating myself now - so you can see the falacies of your argument.

I don't think you can come up with any reply to my post now to make me write more. SO good bye.

al Furqaan
May 22, 2009, 10:08 PM
Having multiple sex partners do not make a person immoral/bad. He didn't do anything illegal there.

fair enough, but you contradicted yourself...implying that illegal actions make one immoral/bad.

doesn't morality and law have the same origin (i.e thought up by old bearded men)?

al Furqaan
May 22, 2009, 10:10 PM

well obviously if the people in the plural marriage already have STDs, which they most probably won't have if they've waited till marriage. you could conceivably get a spontaneously STD, but then it wouldn't be sexually transmitted in that case.

bottom line is shoaib is an arrogant idiot, and nothing happens to people except what they bring on themselves.

i wonder why umar gul wasn't dropped under the guise of genital warts???

cricket_king
May 22, 2009, 10:19 PM
Lawl.

Ahh that Shoaib.

al-Sagar
May 22, 2009, 10:32 PM
good for cricket that he is out.

also pakistan should be banned for 25 years from cricket like SA had a ban

Orpheus
May 22, 2009, 11:02 PM
fair enough, but you contradicted yourself...implying that illegal actions make one immoral/bad.

doesn't morality and law have the same origin (i.e thought up by old bearded men)?

I didn't contradict myself because I never implied illegal actions make one immoral. What I implied was that he didn't do anything illegal that it is any of your/our/PCB's business. Taking elicit drugs is illegal (but morally neutral). So, doping should be everyone's concern because he is breaking the fair play rule. But him having warts is nobody's business but his own.

And not all immoral act deserve punishment. What you said about Shoaib deserving warts is immoral but you shouldn't get herpes for that.

Rifat
May 23, 2009, 12:26 AM
i am very curius if he is treated like this in this Duniya, thn how much more humiliation can the man handle in the afterlife? :scary thought:

Antora
May 23, 2009, 02:20 AM
umm...
what happened to people respecting other people's privacy...?

Purbasha T
May 23, 2009, 05:56 AM
I don't think you can come up with any reply to my post now to make me write more. SO good bye.

Ooops! Sorry to prove you wrong, but here I come again. :-D

there are a lot of things you don't see. If you did, I wouldn't be in this thread talking to you now.

:notworthy:

what makes it worse for you is that this was your reply to gopal's assertion that by allowing polygyny Islam promotes STDs... your defence of Islam is that "it doesn't allow polyandry" as if polyandry promotes STDs. I am just repeating myself now - so you can see the falacies of your argument.

Ok basically I was opposing two of the statements Gopal Bhar made.

1. Islam allows 'something' called ''polygamy''

Therefore to correct first of his statement (which he took to be as a fact, which it isn't), I said that what Islam allows is not necessarily polygamy, but polygyny. And just to clear, I mentioned the other classification of polygamy too, which is polyandry. (And I expected him to know what both means, so I didn't break it down)

2. And that 'something' promotes STDs

To oppose this, I said that the 'something' that Islam allows (which is polygyny) doesn't itself promote STDs unless other factors are involved; like Al-Furqaan bro said above that like one of the persons married already having STDs.

So Gopal Bhar was saying:

the fact that the fact Islam gives hi5 to being polygamous actually promotes the risk of having STDs eventhough I am not a master of contraceptive (here we go, out comes rojobda to rub it in me, why i am not). :)

that - Islam allows something that promotes STDs.
And I opposed it by saying - Islam allows something that doesn't promote STDs. (But I didn't go on to say - Islam doesn't allow anything that promotes STDs; in that case I would've had to talk about polyandry)

Shall I say Goodbye now? or wait for a little while more? :-p

Purbasha T
May 23, 2009, 06:10 AM

Bhai! Ki din ailo je our daughters have to run away from Shoaib Akhtar only becuase he got STDs but not because of all the moral teachings we've been giving them since :-|

bujhee kom
May 23, 2009, 10:14 AM
Ooh thank you Orpheus bhai, so I won't get genital worts by touching frogs and toads...good! Thank Allah!

Orpheus
May 23, 2009, 10:21 AM
And I opposed it by saying - Islam allows something that doesn't promote STDs. (But I didn't go on to say - Islam doesn't allow anything that promotes STDs; in that case I would've had to talk about polyandry)

Shall I say Goodbye now? or wait for a little while more? :-p

It took you 1 day to come with the same garbage that you said before? You still don't get it do you? It doesn't matter what Islam allows or not - your whole premise is WRONG (that's why i said stop making things up or atleast think things through before typing). Poly-whatever increases risk of contracting a transmitted disease. Period. I am not fighting with you about Islam (if anything, I think Gopal is DEAD wrong), I was trying to point you your faulty reasoning.

why don't you just admit that your reasoning was wrong and thank me for pointing it out instead of trying so hard to defend something so dumb?

Orpheus
May 23, 2009, 10:22 AM
Ooh thank you Orpheus bhai, so I won't get genital worts by touching frogs and toads...good! Thank Allah!

if you touch them with your genitals, the frogs might get warts though - so be careful. :P

Purbasha T
May 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
It took you 1 day to come with the same garbage that you said before? You still don't get it do you? It doesn't matter what Islam allows or not - your whole premise is WRONG (that's why i said stop making things up or atleast think things through before typing). Poly-whatever increases risk of contracting a transmitted disease. Period. I am not fighting with you about Islam (if anything, I think Gopal is DEAD wrong), I was trying to point you your faulty reasoning.

why don't you just admit that your reasoning was wrong and thank me for pointing it out instead of trying so hard to defend something so dumb?

Are you sure you can understand what you read? I'm not sure. :timeout:

Surfer
May 23, 2009, 02:17 PM
I dont know much about Islam, but I dont think a normal human being would need religion to understand the following:

1. Hygiene is important in everything. also in sex.
2. Having multiple sex partners may be okay but randomly sleeping around is not. Don't sleep with people you don't know. Avoid one night stands.
3. Be loyal to your spouse. Breach of trust is criminal and extra marital affair amounts to that.
4. In today's world, a regular medical check up is necessary. For yourself, your spouse and your children. Your whole family.

Most religions were formed when STD was not as dangerous an issue as it is now. Though almost all religions tried to give a proper way of life to its followers, one has to use the God gifted brain and learn a few things with time.

RazabQ
May 23, 2009, 04:05 PM
Sigh ... polapine paro ...

al Furqaan
May 23, 2009, 05:13 PM
I didn't contradict myself because I never implied illegal actions make one immoral. What I implied was that he didn't do anything illegal that it is any of your/our/PCB's business. Taking elicit drugs is illegal (but morally neutral). So, doping should be everyone's concern because he is breaking the fair play rule. But him having warts is nobody's business but his own.

And not all immoral act deserve punishment. What you said about Shoaib deserving warts is immoral but you shouldn't get herpes for that.

well you should have clarified about what you implied..i'm not a clairvoyant.

i'm not saying shoaib deserves warts, but you know what, he doesn't not deserve them either. he's an idiot. and idiots will always suffer. if you want to be a pro-idiot, thats your business, and there isn't anything immoral about that.

but shoaib is property of the PCB/state of pakistan, and he owes them his fitness so long as he is emplyed by them.

mashrafee has any right, however stupid it might be, to jump off bridges and pop wheelies on his motorcycle, but so long as he collects a paycheck from the BCB, the BCB are fully within their right to demand he stops that dangerous behavior. morality or no morality.

thus PCB has every right to ask shoaib to keep his you-know-what out of random girl's you-know-where. cuz thats where he got the damn virus from, just in case you missed that in your micro class...

Purbasha T
May 23, 2009, 07:39 PM
Sigh ... polapine paro ...

Ki korum kon bhaijan, rokto gorom..ektu boro hoya nii, thanda hoya jamu :)

Bancan
May 23, 2009, 08:10 PM
You know what sucks .....Herpes....

bujhee kom
May 23, 2009, 08:45 PM
Accha bhais,
What is the difference between these warts and pimples? Can one get them warts on his butt cheeks? How big or small they have to be? Should they be painful? Like while sitting down on hard wood chairs and things!
It is very important that I know this, kindly please! Thank you dear beloved doctor bhais in advance!

al Furqaan
May 24, 2009, 01:55 AM
did anyone catch that chappelle sketch "kneehigh park" educating kids about sexually transmitted diseases?

that junk was hilarious...

Herpes virus: Hey, Dave Chappelle, haven't seen you in a while...
Dave: Urgh, you nasty muthufuka...!!!

Surfer
May 24, 2009, 02:00 AM
Accha bhais,
What is the difference between these warts and pimples? Can one get them warts on his butt cheeks? How big or small they have to be? Should they be painful? Like while sitting down on hard wood chairs and things!
It is very important that I know this, kindly please! Thank you dear beloved doctor bhais in advance!

Heard of Google? Its all there somewhere.

Surfer
May 24, 2009, 02:07 AM
well you should have clarified about what you implied..i'm not a clairvoyant.

i'm not saying shoaib deserves warts, but you know what, he doesn't not deserve them either. he's an idiot. and idiots will always suffer. if you want to be a pro-idiot, thats your business, and there isn't anything immoral about that.

but shoaib is property of the PCB/state of pakistan, and he owes them his fitness so long as he is emplyed by them.

mashrafee has any right, however stupid it might be, to jump off bridges and pop wheelies on his motorcycle, but so long as he collects a paycheck from the BCB, the BCB are fully within their right to demand he stops that dangerous behavior. morality or no morality.

thus PCB has every right to ask shoaib to keep his you-know-what out of random girl's you-know-where. cuz thats where he got the damn virus from, just in case you missed that in your micro class...

I think PCB and Shoaib are like made for each other.

Sohel
May 24, 2009, 03:25 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLPIxe6GUKY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nLPIxe6GUKY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Purbasha T
May 24, 2009, 07:19 AM
Hey guys! I read that this warts thing is highly contagious too. So having it doesn't necessarily mean Shoaib was involved in unsafe stuff. It might have happened that he came in contact with someone having it already.

bdchamp20
May 24, 2009, 07:22 AM
Hey guys! I read that this warts thing is highly contagious too. So having it doesn't necessarily mean Shoaib was involved in unsafe stuff. It might have happened that he came in contact with someone having it already.
Lol someone else in the Pakistan team also has it?

Surfer
May 25, 2009, 10:06 PM
I hear Akhtar is upset about his removal and wants to prove his fitness to PCB by playing a domestic match while T20 WC is in progress.

sunny747
May 26, 2009, 01:01 AM
aha, bad that world couldn't witness the best of the best fast bowler ever.........i really like his bowling....personal life is not my concern.

Surfer
May 26, 2009, 01:10 AM
aha, bad that world couldn't witness the best of the best fast bowler ever.........i really like his bowling....personal life is not my concern.

Forget personal life. Even as a bowler he is a liability on the team. We get to see glimpses of that great bowler only here and there. Most other times he is injured or refusing to listen to the captain, faking injury, fighting with team members, giving controversial statements etc. Its a captain's nightmare when his main strike bowler bowls half his share and then breaks down leaving the team crippled. And it's a captain's nightmare to have in the dressing room a player with such an ego, arrogance and temper.

cricman
May 26, 2009, 12:50 PM
Shoaib fuming over Twenty20 elimination?

Saturday, May 23, 2009
By our correspondent

KARACHI: A perfect storm may be brewing within Pakistan cricket with its most controversial player - Shoaib Akhtar - once again being the central figure.

Sources told 'The News' on Friday that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) decision to pull Shoaib out of next month's Twenty20 World Cup in England has ignited a fresh controversy that can snowball into a major crisis in the coming days.

According to details, the PCB decided to drop Shoaib from Pakistan's 15-man squad for the World Twenty20 Championship after its medical board declared that the fast bowler is unfit to play in the tournament. The board's medical experts said that Shoaib is suffering from genital viral warts and will need some time to recover from it.

The PCB decided to replace Shoaib with medium pacer Rao Iftikhar Anjum.

Some sources said that the PCB top management received a call from the President House, asking it to explain the reasons behind the axing of Shoaib from the England-bound squad. However, there were also reports that the President House has denied making any such move.

The Board's problems can be compounded by the possibility of Shoaib deciding to take part in the RBS National Twenty20 Cup getting underway in Lahore from May 25. Shoaib was supposed to lead Islamabad Leopards in the five-day event but now it remains to be seen whether he is fit enough to play in it.

Sources close to the fast bowler say that Shoaib is keen to play in the tournament in a bid to prove his fitness.

If Shoaib does play in the event without suffering from any injury, the PCB might face some tough questions from the International Cricket Council (ICC). The PCB has written to the ICC technical committee, asking it to allow Shoaib to be replaced by Rao on fitness grounds. But if the committee sees that Shoaib is fit and is playing in a domestic event in Pakistan, then it is bound to ask some questions.

Meanwhile, it is also being speculated that Shoaib believes Pakistan coach Intikhab Alam is responsible for his ouster. Sources close to him said that Shoaib is unhappy over Intikhab's role in his axing from the squad and is now preparing ammunition against the coach.

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=179136

per Pakapassion

Nicholas01
July 28, 2009, 06:56 AM
Hi,

Shoaib missed an opportunity to showcase his bowling skills in T20 WORLD cup.

Genital warts are caused by the Human Papilloma Virus - HPV. This virus has also been associated to the development of genital cancers. The HPV infects the top layers of the skin. the virus is contagious and spreads through sexual contact with an infected person. Most people develop warts within three months of contact with an infected person.

IanW
July 28, 2009, 06:59 AM
Stop being judgmental ok? Not everyone that doesn't follow your religious values deserve to suffer.

And you don't need to have multiple sex partners to get STD, you just need a wrong partner. Given the prevalence of HPV, chances are high that anyone can get it.

Orpheus, mate,

No balloon, no party, OK ?

IanW
July 28, 2009, 07:04 AM
Forget personal life. Even as a bowler he is a liability on the team. We get to see glimpses of that great bowler only here and there. Most other times he is injured or refusing to listen to the captain, faking injury, fighting with team members, giving controversial statements etc. Its a captain's nightmare when his main strike bowler bowls half his share and then breaks down leaving the team crippled. And it's a captain's nightmare to have in the dressing room a player with such an ego, arrogance and temper.

Surfer,

I have a solution to that. Pick Wasim Akram.

The two of them hate each other enough that it'll bring the best out of each of them.

And if Wasim Akram claims he's too old ? Just tell him about Lillie at Lilac Hill, back in ninety six. Age of fifty and he sent down thunderbolts. Show him this picture, and tell him that gutless little **** Shoaib said he was too old and too slow. Five wickets for sure, and thats without Shoaib Akhtar putting in anything at all.

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/image/157901.html