Flintoff: 24-5-60-2

Muralitharan: 16-6-28-2

Batting Highlights:
Dilshan: 63
Fernando: 51 not out

Vaughan: 52

chinaman
December 11, 2003, 09:38 AM
England's top-order collapsed during a controversial and ill-tempered second day to the second test on Thursday, with the mercurial Muttiah Muralitharan yet again at the centre of the action.

England, replying to Sri Lanka's 382 after five wickets from Ashley Giles, lost four wickets for 30 runs either side of tea to close on 163 for four, still 219 adrift.

Graham Thorpe (20 not out) and Paul Collingwood (19 not out) halted England's slide, scratching out an unbroken stand of 44 in just under one-and-a-half hours on Thursday.

Muralitharan, who earlier accused Nasser Hussain of sledging and who also got involved in a bizarre incident at the end of the Sri Lankan innings, took two for 28 from 16 overs.

Details here (http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=PPJ2W0SW203ZWCRBAEZSF FA?type=cricketNews&storyID=3976771&section=news)

chinaman
December 11, 2003, 09:39 AM
England's Nasser Hussain was cleared of sledging Muttiah Muralitharan on the second day of the second test on Thursday.

Match referee Clive Lloyd said the Sri Lanka off spinner had accused the former England captain "of using obscene language" when he came into bat.

Lloyd told reporters: "We had a look at the video evidence and there was nothing to show that he made that statement.

"It is obvious that something was said but we have no evidence as to the exact words."

Lloyd, though, added that he was "very disappointed with the behaviour of both teams" in the first two games of the three-match series.

"I have warned them that as of tomorrow anything that contravenes the code of conduct will be dealt with very harshly.

"I think they are professionals and should show some integrity."

Had Hussain been found guilty, he would have faced a fine or ban.

Source (http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=PPJ2W0SW203ZWCRBAEZSF FA?type=cricketNews&storyID=3976753&section=news)

BangladeshCricket
December 11, 2003, 08:39 PM
i guess he really knows how to scare batsman lolz...this guy is something...amazing career and i wonder i he keeps up his forms like this..