PDA

View Full Version : Ind vs Aus Test Two

chinaman
December 11, 2003, 09:13 PM
Australia won the toss and opted to bat first.

Indian fast bowler Zaheer Khan has been ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Rookie fast bowler Irfan Patham replaces Zaheer while spinner Anil Kumble has been named instead of the out-of-sorts Harbhajan Singh.

Australia brought in paceman Brad Williams in place of Nathan Bracken.

Tintin
December 11, 2003, 09:52 PM
It was a crucial toss to lose. With this second rate bowling lineup, we could consider ourselves very lucky if we get Australia under 450-500.

Lucky break just before lunch. Langer out against the run of play. Still it is 135 for 2.

chinaman
December 11, 2003, 11:38 PM
Australia: 222/3 (42.0 ov) RR: 5.29

chinaman
December 12, 2003, 01:36 AM
Justin Langer scored 58, including a burst where he took 20 off one over from Anil Kumble, hitting two sixes and two fours.

Ponting was dropped at third slip when he was 17 by Virender Sehwag off the bowling of newcomer Irfan Pathan but he went on to complete century off 117 balls and moved from 50 to 100 off 53 balls.

The middle session ended prematurely with rain sweeping across the ground 17 minutes before the scheduled tea break.

chinaman
December 12, 2003, 03:29 AM
Australia: 400/5 at stumps (Day one)

Ponting: 176 not out

chinaman
December 12, 2003, 05:43 AM
Ricky Ponting believes Australia could risk blowing their chances of winning the second test against India if they are too greedy for runs.

Australia demolished the Indian attack on Friday, racking up a record total of 400 for five on the opening day at Adelaide Oval to lay the foundations for a massive first innings total.

But Ponting, who finished the day unbeaten on 176, said Australia had to be careful they didn't score too many runs despite the temptation to keep batting.

"We're going to have to think about how many are enough," Ponting told a news conference.

"We'll definitely try and bat on in the morning as long as we can but if we happen to lose one early wicket or two early wickets then the whole game and the thought process changes."

Details here (http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=05DUOTFDKA3NMCRBAEZSF EY?type=cricketNews&storyID=3982411&section=news)

James90
December 12, 2003, 05:54 AM
Amit thinks Australia will be all out for 405 tomorrow :lol:

Zobair
December 14, 2003, 12:08 AM
These two are doing it again for the Indians. This is a fantastic effort so far...

dravid 155
Lakshman 139

Zobair
December 14, 2003, 02:42 AM
Dravid on 199!!!!!
India 477/7....what a show!!!! Indians showing some fight...some SERIOUS fight...but props to the Aussies too...they just kept at it...didn't lose their heads...kept their line and length...kept up their fielding...amazing stuff...any other team and India would have posted another 150 runs by the end of the day...amazing all round!

Tintin
December 14, 2003, 10:37 AM
Before the series I would have considered a 0-2 defeat a good result :cool:

This deals a serious blow to the theory that an Australian A team would be the second best team in the world.

While Australia is without McGrath and Lee, India is also playing without three of its bowlers who played in the World Cup. I cannot see a Pakistan giving away as many runs as India did in either of the tests. In a post-McGrath world, Australia's reign might come to an end much earlier than we expect.

Arnab
December 14, 2003, 11:11 AM
Indeed.

In fact, in terms of raw talent, I am willing to bet for Pakistan against Australia. Imran Farhat, Taufiq Umar and Yaseer Hamid seems to have brought a lot of consistency in the Pak batting line up. The Pak bowling department has always been the best for years.

If only they were a little predictable and fielded a little better.

If you think about Australia's oppnents: India lacks in penetrating bowling. South Africa basically has the same problem. England as a whole is just not good enough. Pakistan have had no problems with bowling, but their batting reeked of inconsistency.

If the three new Pak batters can perform consistently, and all the "digbaji"s in their board stops for a while, who knows?

James90
December 14, 2003, 06:40 PM
Brad Williams has gone for the rest of the match and possibly series...he injured his shoulder diving in the outfield...bad news!

Arnab
December 15, 2003, 06:38 AM
Wow! What a turnaround! I hope India wins.

Mahmood
December 15, 2003, 11:09 AM
I wonder what Amit is thinking now!!!!

nasifkhan
December 15, 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Rajputro
I wonder what Amit is thinking now!!!!

He was half mad, now he will be full.

Orpheus
December 15, 2003, 05:43 PM
We should unban Amit in honor of India's win!

fab
December 15, 2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus
We should unban Amit in honor of India's win!

trying to jinx the Indians? They are 2/79 but only need 151 runs more. But a couple more quick wickets and the game could be anyones! But I doubt that will happen as India's batting lineup is endless :(

rafiq
December 15, 2003, 11:51 PM
yeah, unban amit for a day and let him have his say....

Arnab
December 16, 2003, 12:03 AM
As much as I want India to win, I am dreading the fan reaction in India already. I am already reading on other boards Indian fan remarks that Aussie domination is forever done for, etc. At least I don't have to watch the stupid Indian ESPN and Star sports. The constant Indian propaganda...ufff!

Tintin
December 16, 2003, 07:17 AM
Virtually all the cricket world is eating its words, and I guess most of it is happy to be doing so :cool:

James90
December 16, 2003, 09:26 AM
Seriously unban Amit...he claims he only dissed BD cos you dissed India...so if you unban him and go on about how great they are it will be interesting to see what he says

chinaman
December 16, 2003, 10:18 AM
We didn't ban him just for fun. He was causing serious moderation problem for the board. Members were complaining about his non-stop nuisence. Actually, he pushed us to take extreme measures. I do'nt think he will be a changed person overnight. Sorry to disappoint you but we have yet to see better of him if any, as we continue to follow his posting elsewhere.

Zobair
December 16, 2003, 09:03 PM
Rest of the series should be very interesting...I reckon the Aussies are gonna bounce back and bounce India too! but the Indians are gonna fight tooth and nail....I can't wait for the next test!

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by pompous]

Tehsin
December 17, 2003, 01:06 AM
I expected Australia to go 2-0 in the series or 2-1. But now, I am not too sure. Dravid IS the man. I am still confused about Agarker, never thought of him as a dangerous bowler but he surely had his day. What more is that India did not have their full bowling team and they still won. Never doubted their batting but did not think for a second that they'd be able to bowl the Aussies out twice to win this one, not after the first day and half.

As for Amit - he is a one man propaganda machine running around the net (pak and indian boards) with several identities saying how bad banglacricket is. Funny thing is, he actually opens a thread and uses 2/3 IDs to post and answers (agrees to) to his own posts (which he later admitted to after some of the members laughed at him). If that's not sad, i don't know what is. Another quick thing, he actually managed to get ridiculed on both those boards as well. I don't know how he lives this life, he is as thick as they get.

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by tehsin]