PDA

View Full Version : England Vs neitherland

godzilla
June 5, 2009, 03:07 PM
England is most likely out of the tounament seeing how they lost the Neitherland lolz
This gives bd more chances to qualify for semis
:big_hug:http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/engine/current/match/355991.html

One World
June 5, 2009, 03:09 PM
Why this thread is here - makes no sense.

cricman
June 5, 2009, 03:13 PM
England is most likely out of the tounament seeing how they lost the Neitherland lolz
This gives bd more chances to qualify for semis
:big_hug:http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/engine/current/match/355991.html

They would replace England, not Pakistan, Unless Pakistan decide to lose also.

Nadim
June 5, 2009, 03:13 PM
move this thread from here plz..

Carte Blanche
June 5, 2009, 03:15 PM
Moved to IC.

Jesus87
June 5, 2009, 03:25 PM
Congratulations Netherlands. What a brave and fantastic knock by these blockes. I wish them all the best and I hope they beat Pakistan and go to the next round. I hope our boys were following this match, I want them to win tomorrow's match against India. T20 is anyone's game, they call us minnows we will show them who is the minnow now.

Jesus87
June 5, 2009, 03:27 PM
Why are people saying move this thread?

Nadim
June 5, 2009, 03:29 PM
coz it's nothing to do with BD cricket.

bujhee kom
June 5, 2009, 03:31 PM
England kupokaat! Barota bajche!

abz..+
June 5, 2009, 03:37 PM
oh no england lost

BANFAN
June 5, 2009, 03:49 PM
There is a central thread for WC T20, didn't see this at all.
Good win for NL.

godzilla
June 5, 2009, 05:25 PM
sorry guys didnt pay attention on where i was posting the thread ... yes please do remove it to a appropriate place

Purbasha T
June 5, 2009, 05:52 PM
They would replace England, not Pakistan, Unless Pakistan decide to lose also.

Suppose if Eng thrashes Pak, and Pak manages a small-margin win against the Dutch. Then Dutch and Eng will go through. In that case, Dutch would go to Group F, and would face BD. :-D

goru
June 5, 2009, 06:41 PM
Just finished watching the highlights on BBC2... WOW... Stuart Broad's overthrow = most extreme fail in cricket in a long time...

Zeeshan
June 5, 2009, 06:50 PM
Never since Battle of Vågen has there been such an upset. I wanna see a nice blaze-on-Henrry.

sbsash
June 5, 2009, 07:03 PM
Impressive win from Holland.Lets hope Bangladesh can repeat the upset to make it the 2nd upset in a row in the 20/20 WC

al Furqaan
June 5, 2009, 07:03 PM
i hope england loses to pakistan...that would be sweet.

i guess england will now lobby to only let 1 minnow in the world 20-20, LOL

Nocturnal
June 5, 2009, 07:49 PM
umm! anyone has the highlights?? Kindly!

One World
June 5, 2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah Neitherland - that's what Akram called them during the match.

Nocturnal
June 5, 2009, 08:02 PM
England v Netherlands, ICC World Twenty20, Lord's
'Biggest day in Dutch cricket'
Cricinfo staff (http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/current/story/407647.html)
June 5, 2009

<table style="margin-top: 5px;" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="320"> <tbody><tr> <td width="10" height="1">
</td> <td class="phototbl"> http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/104400/104433.2.jpg
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="stryPicCptn"> Party time: Netherlands celebrate their famous win in the home changing rooms at Lord's <nobr>© Associated Press</nobr>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <!-- Related links panel --> Related Links <!--
-->

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> As if to rub it in, Netherlands celebrated their astonishing four-wicket victory at Lord's in the home dressing room as a little part of the home of cricket became forever Dutch.
The moment the winning run was scored the entire squad sprinted onto the outfield as the orange kit lit up the ground almost as well as the new floodlights. There will be celebrations when the final is staged here in two weeks, but they will struggle to top the scenes of Friday night
"This result speaks for itself, doesn't it? It's a huge victory," said captain Jeroen Smits. "Without doubt, the biggest day in Dutch cricket history, and now we are looking to qualify for the Super Eights and maybe the semi-finals.
"I said to the boys in the dressing room we are going to do it today, play hard, play your shots, we have got nothing to lose. It's a massive boost for Dutch cricket, I'm really proud of the boys.
Smits was 12th man in 1989 (http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1989/OTHERS+ICC/ENG-XI_IN_NL/ENG-XI_NL-XI_16AUG1989.html) when Netherlands beat an England XI that included Nasser Hussain and Alec Stewart, but that victory had something to do about the night before. It's the Netherlands who will have the hangover this time when they wake up tomorrow morning after Smits said the team will spend their daily allowance on celebratory drinks.
"We beat England 1989 but last year when we played in the Belfast qualification tournament for this event I said to the guys I had a goal to play in the opening match of the World Twenty20 at Lord's," Smits said
Now there is a strong chance they will qualify for the Super Eights, even if they lose to Pakistan, which means some frantic phone calls to bosses back home. "We will all have to get more time away from work - it will cost us a lot of money - but I would love to take some days off."
It still rankles with Netherlands that they are no longer included in the English domestic one-day scene while Ireland and Scotland have held onto their spots. The flight from London to Amsterdam is shorter than the one from London to Dublin and Smits hopes this result will change the situation. "We deserve to play in the Friends Provident Trophy - I don't know any cricketing reasons why we are not in that competition."
Netherlands' key innings came from Tom de Grooth, who claimed the Man of the Match for his free-flowing 49 off 30 balls. "This is a dream," he said. "To be out there today in front of a full house was amazing. I was in the zone. We went out there to play brave cricket and make England sweat a bit."

Nocturnal
June 5, 2009, 08:08 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HuOrEG9D8E4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HuOrEG9D8E4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Akib
June 5, 2009, 08:20 PM
Netherlands just wanted it more. It was plain and simple. England were too busy looking too the Ashes, to realize that they were hosting a world cup....

al-Sagar
June 5, 2009, 11:00 PM
netherland will be hoping pakis beat england, then england out,

now if englad can beat paks and paks beat the dutch it wil bee run rate.

so the rest of the games winning as also winning by good margin is important.

the pak bs england game will be important.

if paks get beaten and england and dutch can overcome paks' run rate then BD will face nederlands in next round.

no way bangladesh can face nedelands if paks ar through the next round.

nederland can only face bd if paks are out.

Naimul_Hd
June 5, 2009, 11:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HuOrEG9D8E4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HuOrEG9D8E4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thanks a lot !! :D

Baundule
June 6, 2009, 01:08 AM
Impressive win from Holland.Lets hope Bangladesh can repeat the upset to make it the 2nd upset in a row in the 20/20 WC
Bangladesh winning against any of the teams should not be considered as an upset. Bangladesh is quite a strong team; we have everything needed to do well in a T20. If we do not let ourselves down, we are not inferior to any team.

One World
June 6, 2009, 01:47 AM
Anybody can win this cup - which is the bad part of it.

cricket_king
June 6, 2009, 02:36 AM
Netherlands just wanted it more. It was plain and simple. England were too busy looking too the Ashes, to realize that they were hosting a world cup....

The best part is, they'll most likely lose the ashes too.

Sohel
June 6, 2009, 02:58 AM
Way to go Holland! Actually had the pleasure of watching this with a small group of Dutch and BeNeLux NGO workers last night. Most of them knew nothing about cricket but that didn't make a difference at all.

Felt bad for prettyboy Broad after his hattrick of blown runout opps. At least last time it was UV. Sad to see genuinely gifted cricketers have such awful times when the whole world is watching.

Anyway, I hope this game gives us the extra belief we need not only to beat India, but also bigger teams in the next round.

Tigers_eye
June 6, 2009, 03:05 AM
Felt bad for prettyboy Broad after his hattrick of blown runout opps. At least last time it was UV. Sad to see genuinely gifted cricketers have such awful times when the whole world is watching...
One of their gifted ones over achieved. So at the end it all evens out. (Flintoff). Good to have you back, bro.

al-Sagar
June 8, 2009, 09:41 PM
with the big win over pak england are through, now its do or die for pak and holland