PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion from a Bangladeshi (let BCCI request Cricket Australia take Indian players to participate in their Domestic Circuit)

RazabQ
June 16, 2009, 04:08 PM
(with apologies to Prithvi_In http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=29885) :)
India fans:
Don't start jumping off your seats because a Bangladeshi is giving you some neat advices...

First thing BCCI needs to do is to send Indian club-level players to Australia to participate in local grade level cricket. I think India can have a chat with CAand some arrangements can be made to let them have one India player in some Grade team & Shield State team. This way India who can never have the same infra level as Australia can still reap benefits of its biggest [বাংলা]চামচা[/বাংলা]..... namely playing on bouncy wickets and learning about hook and pull shots

Second the commercial contracts, I mean the sponsors should immediately send a threat to BCCI that unless they pull their collective socks up ... there will not be any more money ... to cricket..... This means no more milk ads for Dhoni, or Maruti ad for Irfan, no after shower hair cream ads for Yuvi

Third the supporters should start being a little level headed.....before raising a cricketer to the state of god ..or next Tendulkar.... !! (RQC: hah - this requires no edit whatsoever!)

Deshis are emotional I know that because I am a deshi too.. we need to reign our emotions a bit..... and start thinking objectively....

WarWolf
June 16, 2009, 04:36 PM
Good thread.

Razab bhai, you could have opened a similar thread in ICF also for larger coverage.

RazabQ
June 16, 2009, 04:44 PM
warwolf, al furqaan - feel free to use at any other forum ... but I say the joke's lost unless one has read the original :)

WarWolf
June 16, 2009, 04:47 PM
warwolf, al furqaan - feel free to use at any other forum ... but I say the joke's lost unless one has read the original :)
True. I think all we need to do is to post the links to these two threads.

hykhan
June 16, 2009, 05:39 PM
a neat advice for you
"pay more attention on your home team"

RazabQ
June 16, 2009, 05:46 PM
for whom HYKhan? This thread is just a tongue in cheek response to http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=29885

djnaved
June 16, 2009, 05:52 PM
for whom HYKhan? This thread is just a tongue in cheek response to http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=29885

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz

razab bhai rocks:-D

hykhan
June 16, 2009, 06:07 PM

oh lolzzzzz
never mind

akabir77
June 16, 2009, 07:25 PM
lol

Tehsin
June 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
Amen.

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2009, 08:02 PM
So after the super eights, I'm not sure if we should be more ashamed of the loss to Ireland or the one to India.

Orpheus
June 16, 2009, 09:14 PM
So after the super eights, I'm not sure if we should be more ashamed of the loss to Ireland or the one to India.

ouche!!! right in the left nut.

MysoreHuli
June 16, 2009, 09:38 PM
(with apologies to Prithvi_In http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=29885) :)
India fans:
Don't start jumping off your seats because a Bangladeshi is giving you some neat advices...

First thing BCCI needs to do is to send Indian club-level players to Australia to participate in local grade level cricket. I think India can have a chat with CAand some arrangements can be made to let them have one India player in some Grade team & Shield State team. This way India who can never have the same infra level as Australia can still reap benefits of its biggest [বাংলা]চামচা[/বাংলা]..... namely playing on bouncy wickets and learning about hook and pull shots

Second the commercial contracts, I mean the sponsors should immediately send a threat to BCCI that unless they pull their collective socks up ... there will not be any more money ... to cricket..... This means no more milk ads for Dhoni, or Maruti ad for Irfan, no after shower hair cream ads for Yuvi

Third the supporters should start being a little level headed.....before raising a cricketer to the state of god ..or next Tendulkar.... !! (RQC: hah - this requires no edit whatsoever!)

Deshis are emotional I know that because I am a deshi too.. we need to reign our emotions a bit..... and start thinking objectively....

and exit from the first round itself from any future tournaments .:wave::wave:

bharat
June 16, 2009, 10:32 PM
India fans:

Of all the countries Australia ?? may be Pakistan as it did go to the Semi's

Faisal
June 16, 2009, 10:54 PM
lol, i feel sorry for indian team.

Russell2k7
June 16, 2009, 11:01 PM
Both since IND and IRE scored their highest runs against us. lol looks like RazabQ got the last laugh :--). I kinda knew that IND would not go much this time due to sheer arrogance on their fans.

RazabQ
June 16, 2009, 11:24 PM
I kinda knew that IND would not go much this time due to sheer arrogance on their fans.Frankly - fans are not the culprit. Any fan whose team is winning tends to go that way. I blame the arrogant BCCI for over-loading the players and for emphasizing hype over substance.

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2009, 11:25 PM
Of all the countries Australia ?? may be Pakistan as it did go to the Semi's
Australia is to India what India is to Bangladesh. At least in cricket. At least to many fans. Besides, India didn't make the semis either (don't get me wrong here, I'd love for a Bangladeshi team to become a regular in the Ranji). :)

bharat
June 16, 2009, 11:59 PM
May be I am eternal optimist but this loss might be good to Indian cricket .Just like the 2007 WC loss pushed Indian cricket on the right path (despite this loss) this current loss might make the BCCI bosses to stop treating the Indian cricketers like machines/robots milking them to the hilt to fill the coffers of BCCI and ICC !

The Indian cricketers looked more like zombies waiting for their judgment day !!

Rifat
June 17, 2009, 12:24 AM
May be I am eternal optimist but this loss might be good to Indian cricket .Just like the 2007 WC loss pushed Indian cricket on the right path (despite this loss) this current loss might make the BCCI bosses to stop treating the Indian cricketers like machines/robots milking them to the hilt to fill the coffers of BCCI and ICC !
The Indian cricketers looked more like zombies waiting for their judgment day !!

ahahahahahahahaha :floor:

completely agree with you, similar idea applies to Bangladesh as well, ok i should shut up now, i have given wayy too many hints :-p in different posts

Tintin
June 17, 2009, 12:30 AM

I hope you remember the "rules" that BCCI came up with after 2007 WC. That the cricketers should not take part in more than four advertisements a year, and so on.

MysoreHuli
June 17, 2009, 12:30 AM

but the same indian team can turn around and win a world cup unlike the other mentioned team :-D:-D:-D

al Furqaan
June 17, 2009, 12:31 AM

i generally am the most staunch defender on other forums, but i try not to rub salt into anyone's wounds or take jabs at them. i am a guest there, and i don't want to put a bad image on BD fans.

i am however, not afraid, to go toe-to-toe with them if they start the usual anti-BD bakwas.

besides this thread is more of an inside joke at BC.

but rest assured, the war against BCCI's mentality is alive and well, and i'm battling on the frontlines.

al Furqaan
June 17, 2009, 12:34 AM
but the same indian team can turn around and win a world cup unlike the other mentioned team :-D:-D:-D

which would be why they've won exactly zero world cups since kapil won a world cup contested by just 7 nations, in an era when ODIs were still being "figured out". once everyone got a hold of what was going on, pak won a world cup and made the finals another time, and sri lanka did too. india, despite some of the best batting talent in the history of the game only made the finals one other time + a first round exit. similar to the T20 world cup in 2007.

india has won 1 world cup out of 7 or 8, and we've felled 3 giants in the world cup in 3 attempts. which from the comparison puts us on top of the "claims to outcome" ratio.

MysoreHuli
June 17, 2009, 12:40 AM
which would be why they've won exactly zero world cups since kapil won a world cup contested by just 7 nations, in an era when ODIs were still being "figured out". once everyone got a hold of what was going on, pak won a world cup and made the finals another time, and sri lanka did too. india, despite some of the best batting talent in the history of the game only made the finals one other time + a first round exit. similar to the T20 world cup in 2007.

india has won 1 world cup out of 7 or 8, and we've felled 3 giants in the world cup in 3 attempts. which from the comparison puts us on top of the "claims to outcome" ratio.

I world cup out of 7 or 8. And how many has BD won???

In 1983 - the just 7 nations had many legends playing. Beating them n winning is no easy task. Am sure BD would have found it difficult to even qualify for such WC.

Baundule
June 17, 2009, 02:52 AM
The joke is neither good, nor bad. Probably, arrogant BCCI deserves this; but we have our own problems to solve. In recent months, Indian cricket has more success to cheer about than a T20 WC exit. They will learn from their mistakes; but we won't.

yaseer
June 17, 2009, 04:59 AM
Poor Indians think they are the best batting side but can't chase 130 :D
Poor Indians think they are the best players of spin but can't play Botha :D

One World
June 17, 2009, 10:17 PM
On a different note, are we done with our home work? When Srilanka came to play Wills Cup in Dhaka, their running between the wicket and superb fielding was praised loudly by the then commentators and everybody knew that yes Srilanka has done their home work.

We are not there yet.

RazabQ
June 17, 2009, 11:51 PM
Guys, this wasn't a "we so good" thread - just a mild dig :)

BANFAN
June 18, 2009, 01:37 AM
I world cup out of 7 or 8. And how many has BD won???[/B]

Do you compare achievements of a 80 years old and 10 years old? Look at what the old man achieved in 10 years, if you like to compare. Difficult to compare Lagan cricket & todays cricket though.

In 1983 - the just 7 nations had many legends playing. Beating them n winning is no easy task. Am sure BD would have found it difficult to even qualify for such WC.

Do you mean that the ODI standards were higher in 83 than today? :)

Imteaz
June 18, 2009, 02:36 AM
Don't over react for anything, I think the problem will be solved.

Rabz
June 18, 2009, 04:08 AM
Now Dhoni can always be in touch with his freinds and read all the articles about his effigy burning via his home computer.
No more need to use airpocket something something blah blah service from airtel.

May be it wont give him man of the match feelings, atleast he would give him the man of the hatch, i mean home feelings.

MysoreHuli
June 18, 2009, 04:43 AM
Do you compare achievements of a 80 years old and 10 years old? Look at what the old man achieved in 10 years, if you like to compare. Difficult to compare Lagan cricket & todays cricket though.

Do you mean that the ODI standards were higher in 83 than today? :)

In 83, the ODI format was relatively new compared to now. The amount of experience India had playing the ODI in 83 is no whwere to what BD has now.

Sohel
June 18, 2009, 05:07 AM
Love this thread. Thank you Razab, well timed through the gap ... :)

One World
June 18, 2009, 09:33 PM
In 83, the ODI format was relatively new compared to now. The amount of experience India had playing the ODI in 83 is no whwere to what BD has now.

Oh yes, the mighty WIndies had it from the beginning, they were trained with ODI cricket as soon they came out from mother's womb which is realistic for Brazilian soccer.

MysoreHuli
June 20, 2009, 12:27 AM
Oh yes, the mighty WIndies had it from the beginning, they were trained with ODI cricket as soon they came out from mother's womb which is realistic for Brazilian soccer.

Ah well, so now every player learns cricket in their mother's womb.

If the name Greenidge, Richard, Llyod, Holding, Garner etc.. doesnt make u any sense, u better quit watching cricket. Or maybe if any other country had won the 83 wc, it might have been a historical landmark for you. :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

Imteaz
June 20, 2009, 12:37 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh.................Sometimes people cheer about the past when they have nothing to cheer in Present.:)

Surfer
June 20, 2009, 05:40 AM
I understand the sarcasm and the attempt to get back at that thread. But still, this thread fails big time. Team Bangladesh has remained where it was. Still losing badly, yet to achieve anything of significance. And you go to mock others at singular failures? That's funny.

But, whatever pleases you.

One World
June 20, 2009, 09:40 AM
Ah well, so now every player learns cricket in their mother's womb.

If the name Greenidge, Richard, Llyod, Holding, Garner etc.. doesnt make u any sense, u better quit watching cricket. Or maybe if any other country had won the 83 wc, it might have been a historical landmark for you.

If someone decides not to agree on something no one can spoon fed him/her.
Reading your post gives me the notion that you did not really understand my post and tried to create some mockery out of your misery.

Anyway, whatever pleases you - probably sympathy would be the better way to go during this tough time.

Feeling "bomboclad"-ed, how about a plate of humuhumunukunukuapuaa with Hyderabadi spices, a glass of coconut water to go with.

al Furqaan
June 20, 2009, 05:01 PM
I world cup out of 7 or 8. And how many has BD won???

we did have trouble qualifying for such WC...but thats not the point, is it? besides, we've still bettered you in the "claims to outcome" ratio. please check what i wrote in my previous post before going an irrelevent "feel good" comeback post.

your point was India can turn it around and win world cups...fair point but...they've won zero world cups beyond that one in 83. zero. and in 83, ODIs were new for everyone, the standard of play was very unpredictable...i mean windies failed to chase 180 in 60 overs for god's sake.

take a team with a bowling attack consisting of mcgrath, vaas, murali, mendis, and wasim (all in their primes). how often would they defend 180 in 60 overs against even a mediocre batting lineup? not very often. the game has changed. and since its changed, india hasn't won a world cup. not even with the awesome talent they've assembled over the years. 87, 92, 96, 99, 03, 07...six tourneys, zero rings. the game has changed. we'll see how many india win in the next 6 world cups, my guess is 1, 2 at the most. who knows, BD might even win one world cup in the next 6 tourneys...

as for BD having more ODI experience now versus india in 83...true. but relative experience BD still has much less. india had more or less the same experience that their oppossition did. BD still has far less. 200 ODIs played to india/pak's 700+, our players have less experience on average in caps/age/years than pretty much every team except current zimbabwe.

this thread is one of jest, people. there's no reason for indian fans to get their dhotis in a tight knot. everyone on BC acknowledges that india is the far superior Test, ODI, and T20I team. just because we think we will win every game against you before and during the match, doesn't change that. we're fans, thats what we're supposed to do. yet, you folks are annoyed here on this thread. what more do you want from the BD fans in addition to ackowldging your teams superiority? do you want us to worship them as you do? thats unreasonably arrogant...

the thread was about indians learning to play short and fast balls...and was a play on advice from an indian fan (however well intentioned) about us learning to play in india. and mind you, with a few exceptions, indian batsmen have always struggled against the short stuff, like most of their subcontinent counterparts.

BANFAN
June 21, 2009, 06:08 AM
Do you mean that the ODI standards were higher in 83 than today?

So, is that the answer to the question ??

A new format poses equal level of difficulties to all. Experience is always comparative, in 83 ind was playing ODIs for as many years as other member countries. BD started 17 years later than 83 & doesn't have the experience of playing test cricket for 80 years at their back. So the young boy needs time to catch up.

How does that mean that Cricket in 83 was having higher standard and BD wouldn't have got a chance to play if cricket was still of that standard ??

IMO, BD went in to qualify and Play WC & snatch a win in WC match, in much more difficult time.

One World
June 21, 2009, 07:16 AM
Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim

kalpurush
June 21, 2009, 08:06 AM
a neat advice for you
"pay more attention on your home team"
I am a Paki, my home is UAE!?

What should I do?!!
Pak or UAE?!!!:hairpull:

a neat advice for you
"pay more attention on your home team" ;)

kalpurush
June 21, 2009, 08:15 AM
I understand the sarcasm and the attempt to get back at that thread. But still, this thread fails big time. Team Bangladesh has remained where it was. Still losing badly, yet to achieve anything of significance. And you go to mock others at singular failures? That's funny.

But, whatever pleases you.

You understood vey well !!!;)

MysoreHuli
June 21, 2009, 10:35 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh.................Sometimes people cheer about the past when they have nothing to cheer in Present.:)

well some people don't have anything to cheer about, whether its past, present or even future. :-D:-D

MysoreHuli
June 21, 2009, 10:39 PM
If someone decides not to agree on something no one can spoon fed him/her.
Reading your post gives me the notion that you did not really understand my post and tried to create some mockery out of your misery.

Anyway, whatever pleases you - probably sympathy would be the better way to go during this tough time.

Feeling "bomboclad"-ed, how about a plate of humuhumunukunukuapuaa with Hyderabadi spices, a glass of coconut water to go with.

For the benefit of the members in future, plz try and post in some understable lang. like English. Thanks in advance. :-D:-D:-D

Imteaz
June 22, 2009, 02:59 AM
well some people don't have anything to cheer about, whether its past, present or even future. :-D:-D

Ekdom Shotti Kotha:)

"Thakur Ghore Ke Re, Ami Kola Khaina". Bujhte paroni? Jodi bujhe thako tahole bhalo, Na bujhle kichu korar nei.

Bangla shikhe esho Botsho. Bangladeshi manusher shathe kotha bolte hole Bangla shikhe ashte hoi.:)

One World
June 22, 2009, 09:00 PM
For the benefit of the members in future, plz try and post in some understable lang. like English. Thanks in advance. :-D:-D:-D

Tissue?

RazabQ
June 23, 2009, 12:43 AM
Well I guess this thread proves readily who amongst us are humor challenged :)

MysoreHuli
June 23, 2009, 05:17 AM

thnxs for the mod/admin for their censoring effort. :wave::wave:

Padosan
June 23, 2009, 09:17 AM
honestly, the thread opening was funny :)). We should have seen it coming, damn Dhoni and men !!!

Well to the indian fans here, we can just take it in the lighter vein and move on. we afterall lost this and will definitely get a chance in the future to take a dig. As long as its a friendly banter between fans it should be OK.

cheers ! and lets move on.

so what do you think, Masrafe captaincy was coming , isn't he too fragile and gets worked up easily though ? i thought sakib was a better choice.

MysoreHuli
June 27, 2009, 12:11 AM
Tissue?

sandpaper?

One World
June 27, 2009, 12:40 AM
sandpaper?

I think Pakis winning really made you guys tick. LMAO.
Its hurting when the team you beat like crap in Warm up just snatched the cup.

MysoreHuli
June 27, 2009, 01:19 AM
I think Pakis winning really made you guys tick. LMAO.
Its hurting when the team you beat like crap in Warm up just snatched the cup.

make no mistake. pak deserved the cup for the way they played. Its more of the way coach siddons dream which cam crashing down.

One World
June 27, 2009, 01:28 AM
make no mistake. pak deserved the cup for the way they played. Its more of the way coach siddons dream which cam crashing down.

Got that right. Siddons no Whatmore - be glad to that. BCCI timely removed him from our further progress. God knows how much ranting we had to go through in that case. More effigies!

MysoreHuli
June 29, 2009, 01:26 AM
Got that right. Siddons no Whatmore - be glad to that. BCCI timely removed him from our further progress. God knows how much ranting we had to go through in that case. More effigies!

ur right, remember watching whatmore open the innings for BD.

One World
June 29, 2009, 08:36 PM
ur right, remember watching whatmore open the innings for BD.

You don't really want to go there - that's Pandora's Box for you.

MysoreHuli
June 29, 2009, 09:51 PM
You don't really want to go there - that's Pandora's Box for you.

Be my guest!

One World
June 29, 2009, 09:53 PM
Be my guest!

I am from Bangladesh thus logically I am the virtual host for you in this site, considering you are from India :).

AsifTheManRahman
June 29, 2009, 11:58 PM
And we should ban them, over and over, until they have no words left in them to spurt out on the forums.

'Tis all about the torture and the iron fist.

MysoreHuli
June 30, 2009, 03:00 AM
I am from Bangladesh thus logically I am the virtual host for you in this site, considering you are from India :).

Am honored, bu this is no real world, its the virtual world. So, things can change. :smug: