PDA

View Full Version : Losing or Loosing?

Peace
June 17, 2009, 06:10 PM
I am getting confused now a days. Although our first language is not English and it is not important to write perfect English to express opinion, one common mistake appears to be losing (or loosing?).
Could the moderators please make this thread sticky so that we don’t keep losing (or loosing)?

AsifTheManRahman
June 17, 2009, 06:32 PM
Losing. Loose = dhila.

A lot of people make this mistake. It's annoying.

Ashraf-FTP
June 17, 2009, 11:06 PM
Losing. Loose = dhila.

i guess loose people make this losing mistake..

WarWolf
June 18, 2009, 12:58 AM
Losing. Loose = dhila.

Thanks Asif. I used to do this mistake too.

Imteaz
June 18, 2009, 02:56 AM
Thanks, I also did the mistake. :)

Orpheus
June 18, 2009, 05:02 AM

I used to MAKE this mistake too.

Ashraf-FTP
June 18, 2009, 07:24 AM
haha me too.. i was loose before.. now i will be tight..

bangla-red
June 18, 2009, 02:47 PM
I speak fluent English so I am fine :)

magic boy
June 18, 2009, 03:21 PM
I am a looser :D

layperson
June 18, 2009, 07:15 PM
ironically it is "peace" who opened this thread !!!! hahahaha I dont remember if he made the same mistakes himself but his posts are rife with grammar and spelling errors.

Peace
June 19, 2009, 02:32 PM
ironically it is "peace" who opened this thread !!!! hahahaha I dont remember if he made the same mistakes himself but his posts are rife with grammar and spelling errors.

Stop bugging me.
I know that my English is poor but that does not mean that I can not continue to learn and help others to learn.
My above post has no grammatical mistakes but you still failed to understand it. What does that tell you?
Dyslexia or poor IQ?

Rifat
June 19, 2009, 10:37 PM
can peaceful people take criticism and not feel offended by it?

layperson
June 20, 2009, 11:42 AM
Stop bugging me.
I know that my English is poor but that does not mean that I can not continue to learn and help others to learn.
My above post has no grammatical mistakes but you still failed to understand it. What does that tell you?
Dyslexia or poor IQ?

If someone is unable to comprehend a sentence in english that does not equate to Dyslexia or poor IQ. That just means that person has a poor understanding of the english language. Hence you implying my lack of comprehension for your post equating to me being Dyslexic or lacking in IQ tells something about you, doesnt it ? :) I think you would be better to have implied that I have difficulty comprehending proper english. Although you have claimed that your post has no grammatical errors, if I am being anal and check the post then it has errors. Now be a good boy and learn what that error is. Since I have trouble understanding or comprehending english it would not be correct for me to point out your error so learn it from someone who you think can teach you something. buijenni bhaijan :)

Orpheus
June 20, 2009, 12:29 PM
Since I have trouble understanding or comprehending english it would not be correct for me to point out your error so learn it from someone who you think can teach you something.

Run-on sentence
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence)
I failed English twice; but I still got laid for an English poem I wrote to a girl. She said, she will never spend that $100 that I wrote the poem on.

ammark
June 20, 2009, 01:19 PM
Run-on sentence
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence)
I failed English twice; but I still got laid for an English poem I wrote to a girl. She said, she will never spend that $100 that I wrote the poem on.

You doofus, did you ever consider that she may have slept with you solely for the money??

Orpheus
June 20, 2009, 01:55 PM
You doofus, did you ever consider that she may have slept with you solely for the money??

well that's her loss cuz it was a fake $100 bill printed with my HP deskjet color pimpter.

ammark
June 20, 2009, 02:13 PM
well that's her loss cuz it was a fake $100 bill printed with my HP deskjet color pimpter.

Ha. If only the world was full of men like you, and women like her.... the days of the "world's oldest profession" would be numbered.

Orpheus
June 20, 2009, 02:38 PM
Ha. If only the world was full of men like you, and women like her.... the days of the "world's oldest profession" would be numbered.

and Ammar would suffer.

WarWolf
June 20, 2009, 03:33 PM
Stay away from this thread Dhrubo. This is getting an 18+ rating. I see you are reading the thread.

Rifat
June 21, 2009, 04:26 PM
:sigh:

why does the world revolve around sex?

Orpheus
June 21, 2009, 04:31 PM
:sigh:

why does the world revolve around sex?
You have to understand the gravity of sex before understanding the reason behind your question. But since you inquired + you are in college - I give you 1 year tops to report back.

Rifat
June 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
You have to understand the gravity of sex before understanding the reason behind your question. But since you inquired + you are in college - I give you 1 year tops to report back.

i carry an anti-gravitational force with me: in Islam it is called siyaam(fasting) :smug:

but sometimes it can be very diffficult :sigh:

Orpheus
June 21, 2009, 04:36 PM
i carry an anti-gravitational force with me: in Islam it is called siyaam(fasting) :smug:

Don't die of hunger.

Zeeshan
June 21, 2009, 04:39 PM
Don't die of hunger.

If hunger is an index of sexual restraint, it tells a whole different story about me.

Rifat
June 21, 2009, 04:43 PM
Don't die of hunger.
Great point!
tha'ts why we have Eid(not one but two!) :D

Orpheus
June 21, 2009, 04:47 PM
Great point!
tha'ts why we have Eid(not one but two!) :D

hahaha.... :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor: NIce!

Eids are expensive.

Nadim
June 22, 2009, 01:49 AM
hahaha.... :floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor: NIce!

Eids are expensive.

so as Ash