PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Pakistan!

al Furqaan
June 21, 2009, 01:24 PM
congrats to all the fans...i'm sure it feels good the way you've been treated the past few years...hope this is a new beginning....

i wonder what the reaction at ICF is, :lol:

Equinox
June 21, 2009, 01:28 PM
I missed the match but a wonderful result for Pakistan. Sri Lanka were the better team throughout the tournament but were outclassed on the day by a determined Pakistan side. Congratulations to Pakistan!

HereWeGo
June 21, 2009, 01:34 PM
Didnt support them but they are deserved winners none the less...
Congrats..

simon
June 21, 2009, 01:37 PM
Didnt support them but they are deserved winners none the less...
Congrats..

me too.

imtiaz82
June 21, 2009, 01:37 PM
Congrats! I always supported Pakistan after Bangladesh.. starting all the way back in 92. Really happy with the result..

Rabz
June 21, 2009, 02:01 PM
yeah, congrats to them.
Never supported them and never will, but the way they've played, especially the Semi Final against South Africa, they deserved to win this tournament as much as the Lankans did.

A good thing happened for their team and their country.

nasimul
June 21, 2009, 02:23 PM
Congrats!!! They have played well and outclassed their opponents ...... deserve the trophy.

Russell2k7
June 21, 2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah well played Pakistan.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2009, 03:03 PM
I missed the match but a wonderful result for Pakistan. Sri Lanka were the better team throughout the tournament but were outclassed on the day by a determined Pakistan side. Congratulations to Pakistan!

i wouldn't say SL were the better team...the way i see it, SA were the best team in the tourney, they just choked like they always do in the semis...

umar gul is something else...and SL's triple M attack can't combine to do what he does. and of course "beast" actually hit consecutive 50s to help out.

garbage cricket crowns its 2nd successive asian champion.

Rifat
June 21, 2009, 03:22 PM
i wouldn't say SL were the better team...the way i see it, SA were the best team in the tourney, they just choked like they always do in the semis...

umar gul is something else...and SL's triple M attack can't combine to do what he does. and of course "beast" actually hit consecutive 50s to help out.

garbage cricket crowns its 2nd successive asian champion.

:floor: garbage cricket :)

well, congrats to Pakistan. they should now carry the momentum to "Real" cricket...tests+ODIs...

rubel_18
June 21, 2009, 03:33 PM
Well Done to Pakistan for winning the T20 Cup, they throughly deserved with the way they bowled. Personally I didnt support them but they done well

AsifTheManRahman
June 21, 2009, 04:11 PM
Not a supporter of any sorts, but like I said in another thread, you gotta feel for the players - their board seems to be working way too hard to undo all of their efforts.

Imteaz
June 21, 2009, 09:42 PM
Before the tournament, I kept <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:place w:st=<st1:country-region w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:country-region></st1:place> as semifinalist. Not champion. I thought <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region> could be probable champion. I was absolutely wrong.:blush:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>In final both the teams played well. But <st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> played better than Srilanka. I am surprised by watching the maturity of Afridi's Batting. He improved a lot and played like a senior/experience cricketer. <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> deserves to win. Hope it will improve their cricket situation.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
CONGRATULATION to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> and all their fans.:bravo:

cricman
June 21, 2009, 10:00 PM
It took Afridi 13 years to reach this Pinnacle, So there is Hope for other certain individiuals.

Congrats to Pakistan

bujhee kom
June 21, 2009, 10:25 PM
Congrats to Pakistan and her people!
Great cricketers with great spirit and great achievement will bring joy and good to their recent sad/tough lives!

Surfer
June 21, 2009, 10:42 PM
Before the tournament, I kept <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:place w:st=<st1:country-region w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:country-region></st1:place> as semifinalist. Not champion. I thought <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region> could be probable champion. I was absolutely wrong.:blush:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>In final both the teams played well. But <st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> played better than Srilanka. I am surprised by watching the maturity of Afridi's Batting. He improved a lot and played like a senior/experience cricketer. <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> deserves to win. Hope it will improve their cricket situation.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
CONGRATULATION to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> and all their fans.:bravo:

Indeed!! Afridi was quite a surprise package. Either he has matured (Finally) or the law of averages is catching up with him.

Most of us wrote off Pakistan early on.....but the come back was great. They won deserving.

MysoreHuli
June 21, 2009, 10:47 PM
Pakistan goes on to prove that it is one of the most unpredictable team in the world. Congrats to pakistan.

BD-Shardul
June 22, 2009, 12:36 AM
It took Afridi 13 years to reach this Pinnacle, So there is Hope for other certain individiuals.

Congrats to Pakistan

:-D Fingers crossed cricman bhai.

Banglatiger84
June 22, 2009, 01:54 AM
Sri Lanka were the best side in the tournament.
If we compare performances against Test sides:

Sri Lanka beat Australia, West Indies (twice), Pakistan, New Zealand
South Africa beat India, West Indies, England, New Zealand
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka, South Africa, New Zealand

However Pakistan played well when it mattered and convincingly beat South Africa and Sri Lanka, so they are deserved winners, but are not necessarily, the best side.

Russell2k7
June 22, 2009, 03:34 AM
Yunis Khan retires from Twenty20. http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/current/story/410101.html

magic boy
June 22, 2009, 03:41 AM
its easy to win a t-20 world cup if you don't play in IPL :P

congrats to supporters....

hykhan
June 22, 2009, 04:24 AM
I am so happy for Pakistan cricket, this win is so mind boggling to me
Sri Lanka played well through out the tournament, congrats to them as well
victory so sweet
I hope one day bangladesh will win a major tournament, so guys can experience what I am experiencing right now

Isnaad
June 22, 2009, 04:24 AM
Thanks Pakistan...congratz

BanCricFan
June 22, 2009, 05:12 AM
Big congratz to Pakistan!

Afridi has finally come of age...he was superb with his bowling, batting, fielding and body language. The 17 year old fast bowler is to watch out for like ou Rubel. Ajmal and Gul was superb too throughout the tourney. Younis showed class and good leadreship skills. So, all in all, they are the worthy winners.

SL were superb also, particularly, Dilshan. Malinga, Angelo had a very good tournament. Congrats to them too.

Abid_Khan
June 22, 2009, 05:36 AM
Younis Khan retired from Twenty20 cricket, why?? He isn't a bad player.
Congrats to Pakistan. Aamer impressed me with his speed. He didn't look like a fast bowler but ended up bowling 142km/h. Nice work

Rifat
June 22, 2009, 05:37 AM
I am so happy for Pakistan cricket, this win is so mind boggling to me
Sri Lanka played well through out the tournament, congrats to them as well
victory so sweet
I hope one day bangladesh will win a major tournament, so guys can experience what I am experiencing right now

by the will of Allah(swt), that day is very very close...and i am not speaking in metaphorical terms like the hadith! i am speaking the truth!

remember, Bangladesh plays its best game when everyone writes them off...

BANFAN
June 22, 2009, 06:39 AM
Never a Fan of Pakistan as a team & they don't deserve the cup by what they have displayed through out the tournament.

But congrats any way for having it.

mahbubH
June 22, 2009, 07:03 AM
well done.. given what have been going on with Pakistan cricket, this is a great achievement. hope PCB will be sensible.

Surfer
June 22, 2009, 07:10 AM
well done.. given what have been going on with Pakistan cricket, this is a great achievement. hope PCB will be sensible.

Now you are demanding too much.

BanCricFan
June 22, 2009, 07:59 AM
Never a Fan of Pakistan as a team & they don't deserve the cup by what they have displayed through out the tournament.

But congrats any way for having it.

Get over petiness and learn to give credit where its due!

They had the tourneys best bowler (Gul), one of the best allrounders (Afridi) and spinner Ajmal. Also, perhaps the best skipper Younis!

Tigers_eye
June 22, 2009, 08:31 AM
Signed.

They have made an outstanding game plan and executed them well. Congrats to all their players, fans.

In the same token, all SL fans should be proud and get ready for next year. I would love to see Sanath, Murali getting another cup before they retire.

Beamer
June 22, 2009, 01:49 PM
I wanted Sri Lankans to win, not because I love their style of cricket, but the whole team was saved by a miracle not long ago. Saying that, Pakistan deserves the win, and they still remain the most unpredictable cricket nation. I am not fond of the team or that nation, but cricket needs Pakistan.

Nocturnal
June 23, 2009, 02:16 AM
not a fan of Pakistan Cricket but still I think its good that they won the cup. Perhaps they need this cup for survival! Good win!

Sohel
June 23, 2009, 02:31 AM
As a cricket fan, it was a pleasure to watch Gul, Afridi and the youngster Amir bowl. Afridi's responsible batting was also good to see. If he continues to bat like that, Pakistan will continue benefit from his services.

Congratulations to Pakistan, T20I World Champions ... :applause: :applause: :applause:

BANFAN
June 23, 2009, 04:14 AM
Get over petiness and learn to give credit where its due!

They had the tourneys best bowler (Gul), one of the best allrounders (Afridi) and spinner Ajmal. Also, perhaps the best skipper Younis!

Congratulating someone for being champion is ok, that's what I did. That doesn't mean that I forgot their run in the tournament. Please Get over worshipping names.

They were dragging their feet in the tournament, with all the disputeable 'Bests'. Probably I am not as masmarised as you are. Neither I'm so die hard supporter of Pak team as you are. So get your admirations right, that's enough I guess.

yaseer
June 23, 2009, 04:36 AM
Ya...Congrats to the winner.
Afridi was the surprise package really. After a decade he came to know about batting :)

PlanetPak
June 23, 2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks guys!

Didn't think PAK had a chance but its quite fitting that the world's most unpredictable side are the champs of the most unpredictable version of the game.

cricman
June 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
Congratulating someone for being champion is ok, that's what I did. That doesn't mean that I forgot their run in the tournament. Please Get over worshipping names.

They were dragging their feet in the tournament, with all the disputeable 'Bests'. Probably I am not as masmarised as you are. Neither I'm so die hard supporter of Pak team as you are. So get your admirations right, that's enough I guess.

Thats How Nearly ALL World Cups Are won, It's very rare to see any team dominant from beginning to end.

Pakistan Saved there best for when it counted most, Unlike South Africa and Sri Lanka.

They are more than worthy Champions

Surfer
June 24, 2009, 01:44 AM
Ya...Congrats to the winner.
Afridi was the surprise package really. After a decade he came to know about batting :)

TBH I am still not impressed. With those many chances, law of averages catches up. Give those many chances to any batsman and he would fire once or twice.

But having said that, one has to admire the way he led his team to a world cup. The Pakistani cricket fans needed this so badly. The game was gonna die there without some achievement.

Rifat
June 24, 2009, 03:12 AM
Thats How Nearly ALL World Cups Are won, It's very rare to see any team dominant from beginning to end.
Pakistan Saved there best for when it counted most, Unlike South Africa and Sri Lanka.

so rare that it happened in 1996, 2003 and 2007 and those two times West Indies won in back in the days of pre-asian cricket /:)

BANFAN
June 24, 2009, 04:10 AM

Is that so? May be a few times but not all for sure.

Aus & WI victories of WC weren't like that. Srilanka's victory wasn't like that. Last Indian T20 wasn't like that. It was only Pakistan who did it both times like that I guess & Ind in 83, even Indian one isn't like this one, 175 of Kapil dev was an outstanding knock played to lift their momentum. Anyway, I am not discrediting them for the win. But I'm not impressed with the champs.

TBH moja pelam na. It wasn't not about losing a match or two, it was how the team fared. Strugling for survival to be honest isn't something I can associate with the champs. Well, luck favoured them at the end.

patriot
June 24, 2009, 05:03 AM
Last Indian T20 wasn't like that.

Not Really ,

India 141/9 (20/20 ov); Pakistan 141/7 (20/20 ov)
Match tied (India won the bowl-out)

New Zealand 190 (20/20 ov); India 180/9 (20/20 ov)
New Zealand won by 10 runs

India 157/5 (20/20 ov); Pakistan 152 (19.3/20 ov)
India won by 5 runs

Comparing this with Pakistan's 2009 T20 World cup results :

Pakistan ONLY got beaten by England in the Qualifiers and Sri Lanka in the Super 8's . The rest of the matches were easy rides . Yes easy rides if you have a look at the scorecards .

The final in 2007 was a VERY CLOSE contest and went down to the wire to decide the champions .In 2009 the champions were already decided after Sri Lanka managed only 138.

Kabir
June 24, 2009, 08:27 AM
It's kinda funny looking at some of the posts in this thread in a sports forum. Just goes to show how many people can't ignore politics even when talking sports.

In fact, some of you are acting quite arogantly. All that this does is it brings you down to the level of the ones who messed up in '71 (namely, the pakistanis). It's your choice - either applaud the winner now and think about politics later on, or bring yourself down to a level where you lose your own dignity of being a sane person.

Kabir
June 24, 2009, 08:32 AM
Btw, as for winning the tournament - we all know who made the difference in the team. It's Afridi and Gul who won them the cup. T20 can be a one-man-show.

Another thing is, Pak didn't lose more than 2 games in the tournament because if they did, they wouldn't have been in the finals, or be the winners. Max game you could've lost in qualifiers was 1. Same for the Super 8s.

Raynman
June 24, 2009, 10:22 AM
so rare that it happened in 1996, 2003 and 2007 and those two times West Indies won in back in the days of pre-asian cricket /:)

Dominant ones : WI (75, 79), SL (96), AUS (03, 07)

Non dominant ones : IND (83, 07(T20)), PAK (92, 09) & AUS (87, 99)

So I guess AUS is consistant and IND/PAK just get lucky :)

Surfer
June 24, 2009, 10:41 PM
Lets just give them the credit without much argument. They played well in the crucial matches and they won the championship.

imtiaz82
June 25, 2009, 12:17 PM
I was hoping Ireland would go on to win the cup... atleast that would have shown that Bangladesh team is not bad, it's just that their side improved dramatically over the last few years. sucks..

BangladeshFan
June 25, 2009, 01:02 PM
pakistan play the best when people write them off. 1992 was similar. they started that tournament with a crashing lose to WI, here in this tourney to their old foe india(though warmup). they have match winners in plenty and one will only under estimate them at their peril.

its kind of ironic, i think most over hyped in this tourney was india and the most under rated pakistan actually won it.

Surfer
June 25, 2009, 11:54 PM
I was hoping Ireland would go on to win the cup... atleast that would have shown that Bangladesh team is not bad, it's just that their side improved dramatically over the last few years. sucks..

That's a dose of humiliation you have to swallow and wait for your team to do well again. There is no excuse for that loss.

BanCricFan
June 26, 2009, 12:26 PM

As I said before, get over silly pettiness and stop being such a bigot. Keep your prejudice and hatred to yourself and stop soiling the environment here with that kind of stinking stuff.

I might or might not be a "die hard" fan of Pak cricket- so what? Typical narrow-mindedness being demonstrated here by a person who, it seems, firmly rooted in the dark age. I got my admiration/adjulation at the right place without the help of any Tom, dick or sally. So, pretty please, with cherry on top- dont get ahead of yourself.

Oh, have a nice one!E-)

Kabir
June 26, 2009, 02:17 PM
Why do I get the feeling that BanFan and BanCricFan are just two brothers who were fighting for the same nick at BC? :D

BanCricFan
June 26, 2009, 03:18 PM
Kabir,

BCF is a trademark registered with Company House here at BCF. There cant be any dispute over its ownership ;)

Kabir
June 26, 2009, 03:32 PM
Lol...ei post pore eitai bujhlam je amar dharon thikkkk:lol:

BANFAN
June 26, 2009, 05:28 PM
As I said before, get over silly pettiness and stop being such a bigot. Keep your prejudice and hatred to yourself and stop soiling the environment here with that kind of stinking stuff.

I might or might not be a "die hard" fan of Pak cricket- so what? Typical narrow-mindedness being demonstrated here by a person who, it seems, firmly rooted in the dark age. I got my admiration/adjulation at the right place without the help of any Tom, dick or sally. So, pretty please, with cherry on top- dont get ahead of yourself.

Oh, have a nice one!E-)

Get over narrow politically motivated attitude. It's not mandatory that I have to like every team of this world. I had beed quiet moderate with my language so far honouring the forum rules, please watch your language and stop being judgemental on individual. My vocabulary is quiet rich with filthier words, i just decided to not to use it. You have gone way beyond your limits of freedom.

You may be a Pakistani, and it might hurt you; but sorry, I don't like pakistan as a team. You got any problem with that? Can't help much to appease you on this issue. And it has nothing to do with narrow or broader mind; I have the right to choose. Why should that hurt you? What's your problem man?? relax and as I said before; get your language of admiration right for yuorself, isn't that enough? :)

Ya, it's time to get enlightend a bit; it's foolish to expect tolerance, freedom of speach/opinion etc from the most of it's supporters. Like to see your patience, lets practice that for a change. :)

BanCricFan
July 2, 2009, 09:01 AM
Get over narrow politically motivated attitude. It's not mandatory that I have to like every team of this world. I had beed quiet moderate with my language so far honouring the forum rules, please watch your language and stop being judgemental on individual. My vocabulary is quiet rich with filthier words, i just decided to not to use it. You have gone way beyond your limits of freedom.

You may be a Pakistani, and it might hurt you; but sorry, I don't like pakistan as a team. You got any problem with that? Can't help much to appease you on this issue. And it has nothing to do with narrow or broader mind; I have the right to choose. Why should that hurt you? What's your problem man?? relax and as I said before; get your language of admiration right for yuorself, isn't that enough? :)

Ya, it's time to get enlightend a bit; it's foolish to expect tolerance, freedom of speach/opinion etc from the most of it's supporters. Like to see your patience, lets practice that for a change. :)

That your vocab is rich with filty words doesnt surprise me in the least. Its only a true reflexion of the mind and the inner-self.

You truely are an impossible soul. In the intial post you were just insuniating things. You have now audaciously deprived me of my birthright -my nationality- by casting your injudicious Fatwa that I might be a Pakistani. Now either you're an ignorant bugger or pretending to be one...take your pick! You have been on this forum long enough to know who is a Bangladeshi and who is not. But I will not hold this against you severely as I am really not that fussed about nationality or "identity"- I know who I am. This might be tantamount to blashphemy to ultra-nationalists or ultra-Bangladeshis...O boy! there are a few of those in this forum...but, not to me, senor. You see, I dont believe in borders or Nation States. So, I could be a Pakistani or a Togolese.

Anyway, back to topic, if you really hate Pak team then why bother making a comment on a congratulatory thread, at all! Isnt it very unbecoming and ungracious?! Are you not familiar at all with the famous maxim "If you have nothing good to say then remain quite"?!

Ma' salamah!

PlanetPak
July 2, 2009, 01:02 PM
lol guys! why so serious?

One World
July 2, 2009, 01:14 PM
Dominant ones : WI (75, 79), SL (96), AUS (03, 07)

Non dominant ones : IND (83, 07(T20)), PAK (92, 09) & AUS (87, 99)

So I guess AUS is consistant and IND/PAK just get lucky :)

And that's how the cookie crumbles...I remember Pak won a B&H cup against Waugh's Australia back in the days when Wasim and Waqar would be bowling from different ends. Phew! They were so lucky!!!!!!!!!!

Rifat
July 2, 2009, 01:47 PM
one world,

imagine a dream Pakistani lineup:

Saeed Anwar
Ameer Sohail
Shahid Afridi
Younis Khan(c)
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah Ul Haq
Moin Khan(wk)
Abdur Razzak
Waseem Akram
Umar Gul
Waqar younis

12th man: Saqlain Mushtaq

any side in the world that beats this lineup is top class, let alone defeat this lineup, score 240-250 agianst them in a bowling pitch is a mighty ask!

Zeeshan
July 2, 2009, 02:07 PM
haahahahahahaaa you guys are arguing in this thread too? oh wow!

One World
July 2, 2009, 02:10 PM
one world,

Saeed Anwar
Ameer Sohail
Shahid Afridi
Younis Khan(c)
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah Ul Haq
Moin Khan(wk)
Abdur Razzak
Waseem Akram
Umar Gul
Waqar younis

any side in the world that beats this lineup is top class, let alone defeat this lineup, score 240-250 agianst them in a bowling pitch is a mighty ask!

Dear Rifat
As much as I admire your zeal, in reality it is not a good line up after all things about past bookie connections, intra-player rivalry and cricket politics inside PCB and the team have been flashed out.
Amir Sohail will definitely try to get out on the first ball. If some special person does not approach both the W's one of them will definitely suck against the opponent. Moin Khan will act like he is holding the fort while wasting balls giving away too many dots after the initial runs were made quickly and would make easy stumpings look difficult and miss. For some bowlers he would dive his heart out to save every single run behind the stumps while other cases there will be a whole bunch of 5 wides which should not be.

I had a link long back in this section in a thread on Pakistani players confessing to their court. You may google to find that out.

But yes if only sportsmanship is concerned its a good team. I would rather take Miandad over Misbah as we already have Akram, Afridi and Abdur as allrounders.

Rifat
July 2, 2009, 03:13 PM
how can i forget Javed Miandad :doh:? Inzamam-Ul-Haq? Imran Khan? double :doh:

PlanetPak
July 2, 2009, 03:14 PM
one world,

Saeed Anwar
Ameer Sohail
Shahid Afridi
Younis Khan(c)
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah Ul Haq
Moin Khan(wk)
Abdur Razzak
Waseem Akram
Umar Gul
Waqar younis

My all time T20 XI for Pakistan

1- Saeed Anwar
2- Shahid Afridi
3- Ijaz
4- M Yousuf
5- Imran Khan
6- Moin Khan
7- A Razzaq
8- Wasim Akram
9- Saqlain
10- Waqar
11- Gul

12th man: Wasim Raja

One World
July 2, 2009, 03:19 PM
how can i forget Javed Miandad :doh:? Inzamam-Ul-Haq?

Inzamam might become a burden as he is not that athletic or has the poorest RBW records among all the best cricketers. So for a strong middle order Younis-Yousuf-Miandad can be like a nightmare even if a team made of Murali, McGrath, Pollok, Walsh, Ambrose, Kumble, Malinga, Van Der Merwe, Sidebottom, Warne, Taibu(only for being a WK-bowler of recent time) is only told to play the Pak innings.

One World
July 2, 2009, 03:21 PM

1- Saeed Anwar
2- Shahid Afridi
3- Ijaz
4- M Yousuf
5- Imran Khan
6- Moin Khan
7- A Razzaq
8- Wasim Akram
9- Saqlain
10- Waqar
11- Gul

Are you serious? This guy is like our SN. You may take him only if you are playing minnows.

PlanetPak
July 2, 2009, 05:59 PM
Are you serious? This guy is like our SN. You may take him only if you are playing minnows.
Not really

He scored runs against most teams and scored them at a very good rate as well
Ijaz was also one of the finest fielders of his time.

bharat
July 2, 2009, 06:02 PM

1- Saeed Anwar
2- Shahid Afridi
3- Ijaz
4- M Yousuf
5- Imran Khan
6- Moin Khan
7- A Razzaq
8- Wasim Akram
9- Saqlain
10- Waqar
11- Gul

I cant imagine a team without big Inzi .Agreed Ijaz is butcher on his day and a very good fielder but Inzi is great finisher and the teams batting can revolve around him.

Also I would put Afridi down the order (or leave him out).The team looks great on bowling but a tad weak in batting.Except Anwar,Ijaz/Inzamam and Yosuf all the others are a suspsect in batting (ofcourse Imran and Razzak can bat and bat well..but I rather have solid batsmen).I'd leave out Afridi and get in Miandad in .

1- Saeed Anwar
2- Sohail ( or any other proper opener)
3- M Yousuf (Ijaz for ODI's)
4- Inzamam
5. Miandad
6- Imran Khan
7- Moin Khan
8- A Razzaq ( Afridi for Tests.)
9- Wasim Akram
10- Saqlain
11- Waqar

Reserves
12- Ijaz/Afridi/Razzaq

PlanetPak
July 2, 2009, 09:33 PM
Good points Bharat

I guess Zaheer Abbass and Majid Khan have to be considered as well

Almost impossible to come up with a perfect team since none of the greats played T20 cricket.

BANFAN
July 5, 2009, 05:56 AM
That your vocab is rich with filty words doesnt surprise me in the least. Its only a true reflexion of the mind and the inner-self.

Ya, you are showing your inner self again and again through your language. One who uses it displays the inner self. Everyone knows how to kill, but one who does is the bad element, a killer. Have you got some problem of understanding? either English or Logic... it can happen. Don't worry, I suggest you Get your ALU checked by some psycho.. ASAP.

You truely are an impossible soul. In the intial post you were just insuniating things. You have now audaciously deprived me of my birthright -my nationality- by casting your injudicious Fatwa that I might be a Pakistani. Now either you're an ignorant bugger or pretending to be one...take your pick! You have been on this forum long enough to know who is a Bangladeshi and who is not. But I will not hold this against you severely as I am really not that fussed about nationality or "identity"- I know who I am. This might be tantamount to blashphemy to ultra-nationalists or ultra-Bangladeshis...O boy! there are a few of those in this forum...but, not to me, senor. You see, I dont believe in borders or Nation States. So, I could be a Pakistani or a Togolese.

'You may be' and 'you are' makes some difference in meaning, wish you knew that. and I truely care s____t about the wisdom of your nationality !!! It's funny, what an expectation !! WOW. Now I understand; you are suffereing from serious identity problem.

Sorry Lilofftopic: I met a Razakar a couple of years back. Doesn't want to say I'm BDeshi, Can't say Paki; so he preaches similar global citizen theory. Unfortunately he still needs visa /PP everywere else except BD, but still can't feel proud to be a Bangladeshi, his past is haunting him. people have identity problems for many reasons; this is just one. Someone coming from like 'Char cookri-Mookri' & he being the only educated person of the genetic family tree; they could feel immensely proud of their achievement due to the fact, but when they want to show off (Futano :)); they land up into serious identity crisis. Could be many more situation ... you can find out your own.

Anyway, back to topic, if you really hate Pak team then why bother making a comment on a congratulatory thread, at all! Isnt it very unbecoming and ungracious?! Are you not familiar at all with the famous maxim "If you have nothing good to say then remain quite"?!

I am sure that I haven't ever said that 'I hate Pak'. Don't put words in my mouth to suit your arguments. I understand your problem of understanding language.

You should at least follow what you preach !! (Any way it's not so famous maxim, but important & very basic, ever heard that buddy??) Yelling & using abusive language isn't something your famous maxim permits.

You couldn't have patience could you? That's quiet abnormal with some -- . :)

Note: I don't like and I'm not a fan of Pak Team. You originally reacted to this in a way, as if you were a Pakistani; Try a suitable neutral reaction if you are a Bangladeshi & neutral cricket fan. :)

BanCricFan
July 5, 2009, 06:26 AM
Okay you win this debate. I give up!

But your win is like the Pakistani win then....by default :) Ma' salamah, amar desher manush!