PDA

View Full Version : Tomake Biday Chaminda Vaas

Bruno
July 23, 2009, 02:18 AM
Thank you Mr. Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas

As his test career comes to a close, I would like to salute Vaas for providing many memories and excellent bowling throughout his career.

Including, the unfortunate record of scoring a century, his only one, against Bangladesh, in his 97th test. :sick:

In any case, best of luck to him preparing the future pacers of Srilanka. Looks like they are in capable hands...

Banglatiger84
July 23, 2009, 03:39 AM
Will remember him always for that hat trick against us :(

Vaas was probably the best pacer in the subcontinent from 2004-2007, he was also the only Christian in Sri Lanka's team for a long period of time.

Oh, and what a name :)

Naimul_Hd
July 23, 2009, 04:12 AM
amader ke onek bar najehal korar jonno tomar upor rag, khobh shob maaf !!!

all the best for rest of ur life !

simon
July 23, 2009, 05:22 AM
Salute Chaminda Vaas,you are such a grt bwlr.
Feel proud of you.
Best of luck for yr future.

Abid_Khan
July 23, 2009, 06:31 AM
Awesome bowler.. What a legend. Good work and hope for a good future

Imteaz
July 24, 2009, 10:36 PM
The best ever quick bowler for Srilanka up to now. Remember how he learnt swing both side just by hard working.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Good Luck to him for his future life.

Zeeshan
July 24, 2009, 10:50 PM
I am not gonna commit shirk by posting in Bruno's thread. No sirree Bob! Not this man.

ialbd
July 24, 2009, 11:14 PM
Vaas was a legend.... but all those hattricks and semi hattricks against us still hurts.... just kiddin...

ei legend gula retire korlei bujhte pari je aste aste boyosh hoye jaitese nijeder.... these ppl used to be our childhood stars....
thanks jayasuriya for still making us feel young !!!
best of luck to vaas for his future... come become our bowling coach now.... :)

bujhee kom
July 25, 2009, 05:04 AM
Salute and salaam Chaminda Vass. Have a restful pleasant life now! What a journey!

nycpro96
July 25, 2009, 10:46 AM
Yup. He was a great bowler. Probably one of the greatest bowlers from the mid 2000's.

uss01
July 25, 2009, 10:52 AM
No he wasn't. What about Russell Arnold? And also Malinga.
Will remember him always for that hat trick against us :(

Vaas was probably the best pacer in the subcontinent from 2004-2007, he was also the only Christian in Sri Lanka's team for a long period of time.

Oh, and what a name :)

Buddhika_s
July 25, 2009, 11:07 AM
No he wasn't. What about Russell Arnold? And also Malinga.

Malinga is a Buddhist.

Thilan Thushara, Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dilhara Fernando are Christians. And Russel Arnold.

MohammedC
July 25, 2009, 11:14 AM
Good bye Chaminda. Well played.

Rabz
July 25, 2009, 11:18 AM
I still remember those days when a teeny-faced young lefty seamer from SriLanka emerged into cricket scene. I was a kid myself and liked him straight away.
Since then, he has remained as someone i have always admired and its sad to see age has finally caught up with him.

Thanks for your service to SriLankan cricket and cricket in general.
One of the last warriors of the SL's golden age cricketers who own the world cup for them in 96.