PDA

View Full Version : Saving files onto a DVD

mona
August 3, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hello!

I was just wondering if it is possible to save video files onto a DVD without making them into DVD format? Basically I just want to use the blank DVD as a data disc and save the video files onto it.

Thanks.

Zunaid
August 3, 2009, 10:16 PM
Yes.

Nasif
August 3, 2009, 10:30 PM
Hello!

I was just wondering if it is possible to save video files onto a DVD without making them into DVD format? Basically I just want to use the blank DVD as a data disc and save the video files onto it.

Thanks.

As Zunaid bhai said, yes. But if you have implied playability of those files on a standard DVD players; the answer is no.

Unless ofcourse you get one of those players that support DVD/DivX/MPG/WMV/MP3.... etc. Then you are good to go :)

mona
August 3, 2009, 11:01 PM
As Zunaid bhai said, yes. But if you have implied playability of those files on a standard DVD players; the answer is no.

Unless ofcourse you get one of those players that support DVD/DivX/MPG/WMV/MP3.... etc. Then you are good to go :)

Thank you both! That's ok, I don't need them to play on a DVD player. I tried many different ways of writing the DVD, but either the computer thought I was trying to write a 700MB CD or the 100MB video files turned into huge DVD files. Do you know how I can just save the files? I tried clicking and dragging :)

Nasif
August 3, 2009, 11:04 PM
Thank you both! That's ok, I don't need them to play on a DVD player. I tried many different ways of writing the DVD, but either the computer thought I was trying to write a 700MB CD or the 100MB video files turned into huge DVD files. Do you know how I can just save the files? I tried clicking and dragging :)

It depends on the burning app that you are using. Usually you will have to tell it that it is a DVD that you want to burn.

You can use http://www.burn4free.com/ which works fine for data DVD burning. Download (http://download.cnet.com/Burn4Free-CD-and-DVD/3000-2646_4-10217894.html?).

mona
August 3, 2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks a lot Nasif bhai! I'll give it a go.