PDA

View Full Version : FC Barcelona

ialbd
August 12, 2009, 12:25 AM
Felt compelled to open a Barca thread seeing all the other club threads around.

This new La-liga season will be very exciting with Real getting all worked up...

TREBLE here we come again.... !!!

ialbd
August 12, 2009, 12:31 AM
Man city apparently offered a blank check (and probably some petroleum well) for Messi. Should'nt be anything more than a pretentious arab joke.... :)

And Barca wants their prodigal son Fabregas back at nou camp for 50m euro. Overpriced in my opinion, but Barca wants to relieve iniesta somewhat in that midfield position and the amount had to be sth like this to make Arsenal think....

ialbd
September 1, 2009, 07:43 AM
FC Barcelona 3 - 0 Sporting Gijon Goals : Bojan (18') 1-0; Keita (42') 2-0; Ibrahimovic (82') 3-0

great start to the season. a game without messi, henry & iniesta. Pedro the magical find, Bojan growing up fast... and last but not least Ibra opened his account.... :)

revolver
September 1, 2009, 01:11 PM
FC Barcelona 3 - 0 Sporting Gijon Goals : Bojan (18') 1-0; Keita (42') 2-0; Ibrahimovic (82') 3-0

great start to the season. a game without messi, henry & iniesta. Pedro the magical find, Bojan growing up fast... and last but not least Ibra opened his account.... :)

if u guys face chelsea in champions leauge then ull definately loose

ialbd
September 1, 2009, 01:43 PM
if u guys face chelsea in champions leauge then ull definately loose

till we meet in the field brother..... :)

revolver
September 1, 2009, 02:19 PM
till we meet in the field brother..... :)

yuppp best of luck to u guys wen u face madrid hope u guys break ronaldoes big hed

Ashraf-FTP
September 1, 2009, 06:34 PM
yuppp best of luck to u guys wen u face madrid hope u guys break ronaldoes big hed

ron will break the head of Barca otherwise madrid will cut his head off
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition

rattlehead
September 1, 2009, 10:48 PM
My favorite club in La Liga. I only dream to see a Champions League finale showdown between Barca and Chelsea..(..and Chelsea winning it :D)

revolver
September 2, 2009, 03:59 AM
ron will break the head of Barca otherwise madrid will cut his head off
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition
lol
My favorite club in La Liga. I only dream to see a Champions League finale showdown between Barca and Chelsea..(..and Chelsea winning it :D)

hmmmmmmmmmm we will definatelyy crush them if we face them

revolver
September 2, 2009, 04:00 AM
by the way did u guys c edwardo dive hahahahahahahahhahahah gota 2 match ban terrible...edwardo needs 2 learn from van nistorooy n ronaldo to how 2 dive

Hatebreed
September 2, 2009, 04:38 PM
by the way did u guys c edwardo dive hahahahahahahahhahahah gota 2 match ban terrible...edwardo needs 2 learn from van nistorooy n ronaldo to how 2 dive

Why learn from them when Didier Horsba is living in the same city?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=921673.html

sbsash
September 2, 2009, 05:35 PM
Sorry wrong thread.Mods please delete this post.

Ashraf-FTP
September 2, 2009, 05:50 PM
Why learn from them when Didier Horsba is living in the same city?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=921673.html

nice article but i hope Quaresma doesnt dive anymore cause mourinHO said "so I tell players not to be naive, but to be fair."

Horsba has to dive cause he is too strong and even if he's fouled, he wont fall so rarely gets a free kick :-p

ialbd
September 12, 2009, 01:19 PM
Barcelona 2 Getafe 0 [Ibra 66' & Messi 80']

the ibra-messi combination for the 2nd goal was just too good. Pep started with pedro & jeffren but the moment messi & iniesta were subbed in the game was won....

Ashraf-FTP
September 16, 2009, 06:55 PM
Barca-0 0-Inter..

even though Barca dominated position and created all the chances, they couldnt score on a very well organized Inter defence.. well done julio :applause:

ialbd
September 16, 2009, 08:28 PM
yea.... :(

so disappointed with ibra..... and i think am speaking for all the barca fans....

his dismal performance against big clubs is a very serious concern for barca. wish we pursued for david villa with the 65-70m euro ibra is net valued at.... yea its all in the past and i'll quit whining.... :)

much more to come this season.... back-to-back champions league title here we come....

Ashraf-FTP
September 16, 2009, 09:19 PM
yea.... :(

so disappointed with ibra..... and i think am speaking for all the barca fans....

his dismal performance against big clubs is a very serious concern for barca. wish we pursued for david villa with the 65-70m euro ibra is net valued at.... yea its all in the past and i'll quit whining.... :)

much more to come this season.... back-to-back champions league title here we come....
i doubt it.. i think its either madrid or inters year.. i would prefer inter over madrid but obviously manutd would be the best..

ialbd
September 22, 2009, 10:52 PM
Barca cruising at the moment in La-liga..... easy 4-1 win over Racing today and outplaying Athletico Madrid earlier this week.

Messi is absolutely worth the 250m euro he is valued at....
just need to keep the momentum and keep going....

revolver
September 23, 2009, 09:16 AM
guys say wat u want but u guys r jealous of drogba...
u guys r jealous that his da best striker in prem and 1 of the best in the world

Ashraf-FTP
September 23, 2009, 02:53 PM
u guys r jealous that his da best striker in prem and 1 of the best in the world
he is the best striker in EPL??? the most sarcastic (and fantasized) thing i have heard today..

parvez
September 23, 2009, 07:23 PM
Very funny:lol: what about Abedayor and Ronney

parvez
September 23, 2009, 07:26 PM
i doubt it.. i think its either madrid or inters year.. i would prefer inter over madrid but obviously manutd would be the best..
It will be most probably real madrid's year. But I'll like see AC Milan to do something extraordinary.

Ashraf-FTP
September 24, 2009, 06:33 PM
It will be most probably real madrid's year. But I'll like see AC Milan to do something extraordinary.
without kaka and no major signing and Ronaldinhos form down, i doubt they can do anything extraordinary..

i think this year, EPL= United
Serie A=Inter
La liga= Madrid, maybe Barca

ialbd
October 25, 2009, 04:51 PM
6-1 victory over zaragoza... not as big as what liverpool achieved today.... but this will keep the 'crisis' and other pressure the media was building on Barca away for now.....

Go Barca....

Akib
October 25, 2009, 05:09 PM

Yea.... I doubt it. I'd say Rooney, Torres are both better. I personally like Tevez more. Adabayor is also good.

ialbd
November 4, 2009, 02:34 PM
Barca having a hard time in the Champions League....

the group is so competitive (Barca, Inter & R.Kazan).... no one is getting an easy ticket for next round....

Banglatiger84
December 16, 2009, 04:40 AM
Yours truly will be watching Barcelona live in the World Club Cup semis in around 6 hours from now :)
Unfortunately Messi is injured but will be good to see my favorite defender of all time, Carlos Puyol live !

ialbd
December 16, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yours truly will be watching Barcelona live in the World Club Cup semis in around 6 hours from now :)
Unfortunately Messi is injured but will be good to see my favorite defender of all time, Carlos Puyol live !

You are so lucky BanglaTiger bhai....

cheer for Barca on my behalf.... :)

Banglatiger84
December 16, 2009, 11:16 PM
You are so lucky BanglaTiger bhai....

cheer for Barca on my behalf.... :)

Forget me, most of 40,000 crowd were cheering Barcelona :)

It was a good game, some of my assumptions after watching these players for a decade were confirmed;
Ibrahimovic is exceptionally strong physically. His main weakness is his inconsistency
Dani Alves is a bit overrated
Best way to play Barcelona is to man mark Xavi, but thats a job only 1 or 2 players could do (Essien or Mascherano perhaps )

Ashraf-FTP
December 16, 2009, 11:51 PM
Forget me, most of 40,000 crowd were cheering Barcelona :)

It was a good game, some of my assumptions after watching these players for a decade were confirmed;
Ibrahimovic is exceptionally strong physically. His main weakness is his inconsistency
Dani Alves is a bit overrated
Best way to play Barcelona is to man mark Xavi, but thats a job only 1 or 2 players could do (Essien or Mascherano perhaps )
i agree..
Dani was out of form, hes not over-rated..
Xavi and iniesta are the main Barca players.. Messi cant always create chances by himself.. so if you keep Iniesta and Xavi bogged down, you will have an attackless Barca.. but as you said, its really hard to bog these 2 down.. only top class Defensive mids with good strength to dominate them can do that job.. i would add L. Diarra, De Rossi and Frings with the other 2 u said who can do that..

Banglatiger84
December 17, 2009, 01:58 AM
De Rossi has an attacking streak in him, which is why he doesnt manmark opponents throughout a match, he is more of a box to box player.

Xavi is also a bit hard to mark because he plays deep, so you will need a defensive minded player spending half his time in the opponents half to mark him, which will leave holes in his own side of the pitch....

As for Messi, the main trick that works against him is forcing him to the outside, which means he cant use his left foot....Ashley Cole has done that quite well previously..

rashed411
December 17, 2009, 11:59 AM

who said messi was injured?:confused: he played and he score a goal..

Banglatiger84
December 18, 2009, 05:24 AM
who said messi was injured?:confused: he played and he score a goal..

He had a niggle and wouldnt have played unless he was fully fit according to Guardiola.

So he didnt start but came in the 2nd half...

ialbd
December 19, 2009, 03:25 PM
Double Treble (6 trophies) in 1 year...... Forca Barcelona......... !!!!!!

ialbd
March 17, 2010, 04:44 PM
Barcelona in the QF of CL.... Messi at his best.... Visca Barca !!!

Ashraf-FTP
March 17, 2010, 05:13 PM
Lol. Messi did good ;)

But not good enough to beat United, whenever they face them. Soon enough, the trophy will be in Manchester :D

_Rafi_
March 18, 2010, 02:15 PM
Remember 2009

Ashraf-FTP
March 18, 2010, 09:21 PM
Remember 2009
yeah yeah I know flukes happen :-p

But I think Barca will lose to whoever in the semis. They will break down :D

ialbd
March 18, 2010, 09:27 PM
But I think Barca will lose to whoever in the semis. They will break down :D

thats what needs to happen for someone else to win..... Barca to break down by itself.... :)

but if they can keep their game up.... it'll be very tough for ManU,Arsenal, Inter etc...

Ashraf-FTP
March 18, 2010, 09:53 PM
thats what needs to happen for someone else to win..... Barca to break down by itself.... :)

but if they can keep their game up.... it'll be very tough for ManU,Arsenal, Inter etc...
Lol. United will win anyways, doesnt matter if Barca fail or not :P

al-Sagar
March 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
only two english clubs in the last 8. normally its 3 or 4 for the last few years. no chelsea and liverpool this time

Ashraf-FTP
March 18, 2010, 09:57 PM
only two english clubs in the last 8. normally its 3 or 4 for the last few years. no chelsea and liverpool this time
No wonder, they both suck :-p

Chelski just having flukes in the EPL. Their luck will run out soon. And the all reds are showing why and how much they suck in the EPL :D

ialbd
March 21, 2010, 08:10 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCJq90GZEeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCJq90GZEeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

the goal from 0:25....

_Rafi_
March 22, 2010, 03:37 PM
8 goals from last 3 matches from Lionel Messi. Unbelievable!
If he delivers half of these performence for Argentina in world cup they will surely win the trophy.
Messi>>Ronald(both)

Ashraf-FTP
March 22, 2010, 04:25 PM
8 goals from last 3 matches from Lionel Messi. Unbelievable!
If he delivers half of these performence for Argentina in world cup they will surely win the trophy.
Messi>>Ronald(both)
There is a difference between the quality of other Barca players and Argentina. Xavi and Iniesta are two of the main reasons for Messis success. Also, he doesnt need to bother about defense in Barca as they have a strong back and also a defensive mid.

In Argentina, their back is weak. Their Defensive mids (Mascherano and Cambiasso) are good though. So in Argentina, Messi will be forced to run back more often also he will have much more responsibilities than he has in Barca. This will surely affect his performance.

ialbd
March 30, 2010, 08:46 PM
Big game tomorrow..... Barcelona - Arsenal....
cant wait. Well I'll be at work missing the game, but yea still cant wait.... :)

ialbd
March 31, 2010, 04:06 PM
It was an epic match apparently.... and I only managed to catch the first half of the match (and missed all the actions which was in the second half)....

I hear the referee made a serious blunder with the second goal by awarding Arsenal the penalty and red card to Puyol. Yet to see the highlights.... but maybe some Arsenal fans can comment... :)

either way.... it'll be another showdown at camp nou.... Visca Barca

Equinox
March 31, 2010, 04:35 PM
Arsenal will be without Fabregas and no Puyol for Barca at Nou Camp. I am backing Barcelona to go through.

Ashraf-FTP
March 31, 2010, 06:19 PM
Arsenal will be without Fabregas and no Puyol for Barca at Nou Camp. I am backing Barcelona to go through.
Arsenal cant do anything without Fabregas. Barca goes through!!!

_Rafi_
April 6, 2010, 03:14 PM
Wow another hattric from Messi against Arsenal in CL. Today there was no Iniesta to assist him. He is getting stronger day by day.

_Rafi_
April 6, 2010, 03:41 PM
Lionel Messi 4-1 Arsenal !!

ialbd
April 6, 2010, 03:44 PM
We march through........... visca Barca !!!!

the only advice for Arsenal & Wenger.... please buy players. Injury is nothing new in football (although I'll admit Arsenal was unlucky) but we were down few key players too and those are never an excuse in professional football. There has to be backup players and backup plans for every injured player. The gunners have come so far with this team and I hope they do better in both EPL and CL next season.

And about Messi: It was just another regular day at office for him.... :)

rubel_18
April 6, 2010, 04:21 PM
What I saw from today just scares me of what he is gonna do to Real Madrid on Saturday(this is coming from a Real Madrid fan) I love the way this guy plays his football!!! If somehow Real can keep him on lock then we have a chance otherwise I see the same thing happening to Real like last season at home :S

Messi is hard to describe in words:notworthy:

Ashraf-FTP
April 6, 2010, 07:00 PM
Lol. Messi was good. But Almunia was Epic Fail. His position was crap. His diving and reflexes were wayy too slow for playing in a club like Arsenal. And I agree with IalBD, you have to have backup plans, but its not like Wengie EVER had them (he has been like this since his early Arsenal days).

Seriously, its either time for Wenger to go, or Almunia, come'n, you want young good goalies? Get Neuer or Adler or Lloris. There are much more better goalies who are much younger too. And I bet WEngie has enough money to buy them. So its just time to make a move...

ialbd
April 28, 2010, 09:36 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jm1pqWstmdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jm1pqWstmdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ialbd
May 16, 2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.fcbfans.com/emailing/campeones_09_10/index_r2_c2.jpg

faerrleah
July 8, 2010, 02:12 AM
Barcelona looks set to field the strongest possible configuration of a collision Real Madrid Clásico Pep Guardiola is left no choice but to protect its resources for next week Champions League semifinal clash with Chelsea..

_Rafi_
July 8, 2010, 02:44 AM
Heard my club is having some financial problem. Here is some of my tips to get rid of it-
1) Sell Ibra for 40-50m. Sell him to M.City, they will say you maximum 50m euro.
2) Sell D. Alves for over 25m Euro. Lot of club will be interested.
3) Dont go for Cesc if they demand more than 40m. We dont need him currently.
4) Dont go for Mascherano. Bring a low profile african DM in place of Toure. We dont need a high priced DM who will be in bench for the most of the time. Basquet is enough.

_Rafi_
July 29, 2010, 03:26 PM
No Fabregas this time:-(.

ialbd
August 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
thought I needed to bump this thread for the new season....

3-0 not a bad start....

_Rafi_
August 29, 2010, 04:46 PM
Ibra gone to Milan...huge loss for Barca. Meanwhile Mascherano joined Barca. Very good player and one of my favourite player. He will bring more balance and I am also happy that we dont have to say much for him.

_Rafi_
August 29, 2010, 04:49 PM
thought I needed to bump this thread for the new season....

3-0 not a bad start....

Villa scored in his first match! Messi back with bang! Iniesta as usual! Valdes was brilliant! Seems everything allright for another title.

ialbd
August 29, 2010, 05:32 PM
Villa scored in his first match! Messi back with bang! Iniesta as usual! Valdes was brilliant! Seems everything allright for another title.

and ofcourse there is the 'unfinished' business with Mourinho that needs to be settled... ;)

plabon
August 30, 2010, 06:50 AM
lol. United will win anyways, doesnt matter if barca fail or not :p

barca gonna destroy all team this year
shame real madrid for draw ...
Morinho +real madrid=0000000.. AND MAN U OK..SOSO
go barca baby go..
Barca rocks
always
forever

plabon
August 30, 2010, 06:52 AM
and ofcourse there is the 'unfinished' business with mourinho that needs to be settled... ;)

messi and villa gonna be danger for every team this year

barca rocks...:notworthy:

plabon
August 30, 2010, 07:10 AM
check this out guys.........
http://www.premierleaguenow.com/story.php?title=Xavi%20mocks%20Liverpool%20over%20 Mascherano%20sale:%20Torres%20will%20be%20next&team=Liverpool
TORRES AND FABREGAS ALL THE WAY BARCA...VERY SOON

_Rafi_
September 26, 2010, 04:59 AM
Four wins in row...we are back again.
Last week we defeated At. Madrid, a win atlast against them. This week we overcome against At. Bilbao where our rival Real slipped again. We are now second in the league table topping by Valencia.

ialbd
September 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
next game against Valencia is gonna be important.... life is certainly hard without messi (shouldnt be like that)... but before that we have the champions league game in russia against Kazan.... some unfinished business to settle there as well... ;)

_Rafi_
October 3, 2010, 12:30 PM
Playing against Mallorka atm. Messi, who won european golden boot recently, already scored 1 goal for us. He is looking good for more!

ialbd
October 3, 2010, 12:41 PM
yup watching the game.... ripping apart Mallorca basically.... but we still need to finish better....

ialbd
October 3, 2010, 12:46 PM
1-1 with some 85% possession says it all.... shouldnt have said ripping apart Mallorca... spoke too soon... :(

Bojan is really the weakling of the team..

_Rafi_
October 3, 2010, 01:05 PM
yup watching the game.... ripping apart Mallorca basically.... but we still need to finish better....

Messi should think about his mates before going for goals. He should not act selfish.

ialbd
October 3, 2010, 01:58 PM
if a team can draw/lose a match with 80% possession its Barca....

_Rafi_
October 3, 2010, 02:20 PM
Disappointed...missed both Villa and Xavi.

_Rafi_
October 16, 2010, 03:00 PM
We won against Valencia: 2-1
Iniesta and Puyol scored and Xavi assisted both goals. Valencia is topping the league table, I am very happy that we got 3 points out of it.

_Rafi_
October 23, 2010, 01:31 PM
Barca 2-0 R.Zaragoza
Messi scored both goals.
Btw not happy with Villa's lack of goals. Selling Eto was a great great mistake for us.

_Rafi_
October 30, 2010, 11:16 PM
Barcelona5 vs 0Sevilla
Played
October 30, 2010 4:00:00 PM EDT
Camp Nou, Barcelona — Barcelona
Referee:‬ J. Turienzo Álvarez‎
Attendance:‬ 81020‎

4′ Lionel Messi
24′ David Villa
53′ Daniel Alves
64′ Lionel Messi
90′ David Villa

Ashraf-FTP
November 2, 2010, 10:38 PM
Ibra gone to Milan...huge loss for Barca. Meanwhile Mascherano joined Barca. Very good player and one of my favourite player. He will bring more balance and I am also happy that we dont have to say much for him.
Ibra is on loan so its not a big deal. They dont need him anyway. Villa is much better tbh.

Todays game was brilliant performance from Kopenhagen. They did exactly as a I expected. Its always hard to play against them in their stadium. I loved the way Valdes was getting booed when he had the ball cause of kicking N'Doye. Which BTW should have atleast been a yellow card to Valdes for dangerous play. Just an absolutely ridiculous decision from the ref. The refeering was pretty Sh!t.

ialbd
November 13, 2010, 06:10 PM
3-1 victory over Villa Real....

but the 2nd goal by Messi was a spectacular one....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2IDKGcTRt9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2IDKGcTRt9g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

_Rafi_
November 13, 2010, 11:19 PM
Villareal is in good form. Barca did well by not losing any point against them.
Btw Messi's goal scoring streak continue.

ialbd
November 20, 2010, 02:51 PM
Barca scores 5 goals in the first 36 mins agains Almeria...

tune in before you miss it all...

_Rafi_
November 20, 2010, 11:18 PM
That was a riot. Barcelona scored 8 goals. Messi scored 3 and assisted 2 goals.

ialbd
November 29, 2010, 10:27 AM
its the day of El Classico and its that time of the year to get bashed by my friends for being a Barca fan.... :)

Claim 1: they keep saying how Barca will be torn apart if they play in EPL.
the fact is: who knows if they'll be torn apart.... as I dont see EPL-La liga merging anytime soon. Champions League is all we'll get and as a Barca fan I am happy with what happened there... :)

Claim 2: El-Classico is over-hyped. Its the league decider.
fact: I do think its over-hyped but its too early to call it a league decider (the race was between RM & Barca last season but it went down to the last game of the season). As from Barca's point of view, they play the same style of football, be it Real Madrid, be it Almeria (the side Barca thrashed 8-0 last week) or be it Arsenal... (or be it Inter). So its no longer about trophies or titles for the Barca fans... its all about the 'Barca' brand of football....

magic boy
November 29, 2010, 10:36 AM
my money on Barca....\m/ Villa+Messi \m/

go Barcelona

_Rafi_
November 30, 2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks and Congrats Barca.

Shaan
November 30, 2010, 02:10 AM
Barca outclassed Real !!

_Rafi_
December 13, 2010, 07:42 AM
Barca 5-0 Real Socidad
9′ David Villa
33′ Andrés Iniesta Luján
47′ Lionel Messi
87′ Lionel Messi
90+1′ Bojan Krkic

*Xavi completed 128 passes before leaving the field at 66th minutes, highest by any player in a la liga match this year.
* Messi now jointly topping the goal scoring chart with CR7. Both scored 17 goals so far.

_Rafi_
December 13, 2010, 07:44 AM
<div id="article_headline"><input type="hidden" value="NEXT" name="nextString" id="nextString"> <input type="hidden" value="PREVIOUS" name="prevString" id="prevString"><h1>Barcelona Reach €30 Million Sponsorship Agreement With Qatar Foundation - Report</h1><h2>Barcelona have agreed terms on a shirt sponsorship deal with Qatar Foundation, thought to be in the region of €30m.</h2><h3>By Paul Macdonald</h3><h4>Dec 10, 2010 10:35:00 AM</h4></div> (http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2010/12/10/2254472/barcelona-reach-30-million-sponsorship-agreement-with-qatar)

_Rafi_
December 13, 2010, 07:50 AM
<h1 class="post-title"><a href="http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/its-an-all-barca-affair-at-fifa-ballon-dor/" title="Continue reading &quot;It’s an all Barça affair at FIFA Ballon d’Or&quot;">It’s an all Barça affair at FIFA Ballon d’Or</a></h1>
<div class="post-full"><p>As predicted by Italian newspaper <em>Gazetta dello Sport</em>, the three finalists for the&nbsp;FIFA Ballon d’Or are indeed FC Barcelona players&nbsp;Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Xavi Hernandez.&nbsp; The shortlist was&nbsp;revealed today at the headquarters of the sports daily&nbsp;<em>L’Equipe</em> in Paris. It was a great day for FC Barcelona as&nbsp;its coach Pep Guardiola was also&nbsp;named as one of the three&nbsp;contenders for the inaugral FIFA&nbsp;World Coach of the Year Award for Men’s Football along with Vicente del Bosque and Jose Mourinho. The winners will be announced at a gala in Zurich on January 10.</p><p><span id="more-59890"></span></p><p><strong>Record breaking honour for the Club</strong></p><p>FC Barcelona will claim their second consecutive Ballon d’Or (and the first inaugural FIFA Ballon d’Or after the award was merged with FIFA World Player of the Year award) after Messi’s landslide victory last year.&nbsp;This is the third time in the history of the&nbsp;Ballon d’Or (after Milan ’88, ’89) that 3 players from the same club have been shortlisted for the award, and the first time all three come from the same youth academy (our very own&nbsp;La Masia<em>)</em>. Barça will also become the most successful club ever after claiming a record 7th World Player of the Year title last year (8th including this win) and 8th Ballon d’Or to join Milan and Juventus at the summit.</p><p><strong>Spain’s first win in 50 years, Argentina’s second as many years</strong></p><p>Spain can claim their first Ballon d’Or since 1960 when Luis Suarez won it with FC Barcelona, if Xavi or Iniesta wins it, and for Argentina it will be their second (also consecutive) if Messi wins it.</p></div>

_Rafi_
January 10, 2011, 03:14 PM
Congrats Messi for winning Ballon d'or for second time in row. He now joins with Ronaldo, Cruyf and Basten by winning it three times.

_Rafi_
January 10, 2011, 03:17 PM
Congrats to Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Messi for getting into Fifa world team.
6 players out of 11 for Barca!

ialbd
January 16, 2011, 04:56 PM
great 4-1 victory over Malaga to extend the point lead (to +4) at the top from Real Madrid.

But Ibrahim Afellay.... what a purchase by Barca... he is showing his great talent a bit by bit.... in that 10 mins gameplay he gets every game...

_Rafi_
January 29, 2011, 02:21 PM
We are now playing against the mighty Hercules. I am afraid. No goal so far.

ialbd
January 29, 2011, 04:10 PM
in the end its a 3-0 win against Hercules, but I must say the result could have been different had trezeguet didnt miss the easy chance in the first half for Hercules.

Anyway... the early season Hercules defeat is avenged and we sit 7 points clear of Madrid for now.

We need to keep this winning momentum going.... cant wait for the feb 16th champions league clash with Arsenal...

_Rafi_
February 5, 2011, 11:07 PM
Atletico Madrid lost to us again. Messi scored all three.
Messi- 24 goals
CR7- 22 goals

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2011, 04:08 PM
vs Athletic Bilbao at Nou Camp Feb 19th! I'll be there!

ialbd
February 6, 2011, 07:13 PM

wonderful Asif bhai !!!... will be looking forward for some pictures. Waiting for my turn to watch a game at Nou Camp.

Catalan anthem ta ekbar dekhe jaiyen, shobar shathe gola fataite parben...

p.s: India-Bangladesh game er din Barca-Bilbao dekhtesen dekhi... :)

Purbasha T
February 9, 2011, 07:43 PM
See ya Barca next week, expect THE nightmare of your lives.

Add: There was Leyton Orient-Arsenal match right next to my house on 19th of Feb as well, lol!! But tickets are only for club members..grrr!

Purbasha T
February 9, 2011, 07:44 PM

You live in Spain????? Niice.

Edit: Okay, you live in Canada but due a holiday break for long...gotcha!

ialbd
February 16, 2011, 04:38 PM
that was a great game of football, respect for Arsenal...

we have a lot of homework to do for the returning leg...

Purbasha T
February 16, 2011, 04:52 PM
C'mooooooooooooooooooooon the Arsenal!!!!

ialbd
March 8, 2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks for making my week football. Visca Barca...... !!!

_Rafi_
March 9, 2011, 12:10 AM
Kufa katce. Now no one can stop us Inshallah.

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2011, 12:25 AM
but due a holiday break for long...gotcha!
No, I go on vacation every two months.

Now identify the players.

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2011, 12:29 AM
Oh and the enemy camp

ialbd
March 9, 2011, 03:46 PM
and only Messi can be this audacious to flick the ball over the goalie and volley it home...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qhrva4W_SaY?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Purbasha T
March 9, 2011, 07:38 PM
:mad:

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2011, 04:54 PM
:mad:
What's wrong PT? Messi make you angry?

ialbd
April 7, 2011, 10:17 AM
Barca's highlights of 5-1 thumping of Shakhter was followed by this video.... sigh .... :(

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E6vAy3d3k84?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

_Rafi_
May 11, 2011, 03:07 PM
We are the champion again! Visca Barca! Visca tiki-taka!
Hail Messi! Iniesta! Xavi! Puyol! Villa! Valdes! Pep! And other players and stuffs!

ialbd
May 11, 2011, 07:56 PM
Campeones....... !!!!

_Rafi_
May 28, 2011, 03:48 PM
Its celebration time babay! We are the best in Europe again. Simply outclassed the best English team. Hercules played better than ManU!
And btw these authoritative wins over ManU and Arsenal could be an answer for who are questioning about the quality of La Liga's teams.

Yameen
May 28, 2011, 05:38 PM
wonder how many of u glory hunters are actually from barcelona or even spain.. ;)
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)

Hatebreed
May 28, 2011, 06:09 PM
Congrats Barca. They were by far the better team again and deserved to win although I felt that we really let ourselves down by giving away two very easy goals due to too much ball watching and giving away possession easily. That said, I'm happy with our 19th league win and getting to a CL final with a team that hasn't played the most flamboyant football this season. We'll be back next year stronger.

al-Sagar
May 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
congratz Barca

crikss
May 28, 2011, 09:58 PM
Rooney might leave MANU and move to Madrid or Barcelona to show his true potential :D

Sohel
May 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and now Villa make Barça a class above other teams and they showed the world how, again. Their technical superiority and magical ball possession don't leave too many options other than ball watching.

EdVaSa to his credit made a few great saves and prevented the scoreline from looking worse. Could've been 5-1 or 6-1 without him.

_Rafi_
June 20, 2011, 05:22 AM
Transfer Market: Barca
Budget: €45m
Linked With: Sanchez(€30m), Rossi(€25m), Thiago Silva, Pastore, Cesc(€35m+)

Transfer Market Desperation: Strengthening bench and securing future
Preference: A Striker and A world class CB
Offloading: Ibra(€24)+Bojan (€10m+)
Progess so far: Reports suggest A Sanchez is a done deal for around €30m. Ibra offloading done
LeftOver: €15m(45-10)+€25m(Ibra deal) = €40m+€10m from Bojan possibly
Next Target: Cesc Fabegas and Thiago Silva(hopefully)

Comment: Getting A Sanchez is a very good deal. It actually secures Barca's future in two ways- firstly securing the hottest prospect of football , 2nd not letting other team to buy a prospect who could be a big threat for us in future. Considering the like Handeson and Jones valued €20m I think Barca have not paid too much for him. Thumbs up!
Sanchez deal mean no G Rossi. Rossi is a BArca mould player and he wwould be great addition too. If we sell Villa to City or Chelsea as crazy roumours suggest then we must buy him. i personally like him to see playing for us.
We should not buy Cesc. He atm is not needed and the way Thiago Alcantra stepping up i doubt he ever be needed at Nou Camp. Buying him will be a waste of money.
And finally we need to buy A CB. currently Thiago Silva is the world best and we should go for him before his price reaching sky high. I want Barca to offer upto €30m for
him.

_Rafi_
June 24, 2011, 12:53 PM
Happy 24th Birthday Lionel Messi. Hopefully it will be better than 23rd!
And also belated Happy Birthday to Ialbd vai and ATMR vai, two of the biggest fans of the club and Messi.

ialbd
August 10, 2011, 06:21 PM
Happy 24th Birthday Lionel Messi. Hopefully it will be better than 23rd!
And also belated Happy Birthday to Ialbd vai and ATMR vai, two of the biggest fans of the club and Messi.

hehe... and belaaaaaaaaaated thanks Rafi, didnt see this until now...

ialbd
August 10, 2011, 06:21 PM
http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/suspicious-looting-in-north-london.html

ialbd
August 14, 2011, 05:24 PM
Super copa 2011: First Leg in Madrid

Real Madrid 2 - Barcelona 2

all in all, the msg was received as Madrid sort of outplayed Barca (Barca was lucky villa/messi managed to step up for the goals). It'll be a big challenge against Madrid this season...

as usual, got bombarded with the typical responses from my Madrid or anti-Barca friends about the referee being on Barca's side. And my response was:

"Ofcourse the ref is on our side. Think about it, we have to survive RM's 'aggression'. If the referees didnt watchout for Barca, atleast 2 Barca players would literally die in every el-classico. No one wants to lose their million dollar investments over couple of matches every season. Its certainly cheaper to pay the refs, wont you agree??" ;)

ahnaf
August 15, 2011, 03:07 AM
RM just outplayed barca yesterday night..lol...Barca was lucky to escape with a draw.... This season going to be ours..:D
<br />Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

ialbd
August 17, 2011, 07:20 PM
^^ maybe Ahnaf bro...

but Barca starts their trophy season....

it was a very good game minus the last few minutes ofcourse. We could have lost Fabregas before the season even started. Dont know if Marcelo was just carrying out orders.....

anywho... all the Barca fans know it'll be much much more difficult this season (esp with this defense).... but Barca is up for the challenge... visca Barca...

ahnaf
August 18, 2011, 03:38 AM
They missed so many chances in front of goal...Madrid lost this game for this as well as for some selfish play from ronaldo.. Seriously you wont find a single player more selfish than ronaldo...

ialbd
August 26, 2011, 05:37 PM
and then comes the super cup....

barca 2 - porto 0.... good to see cesc getting used to scoring goals...

Equinox
September 22, 2011, 02:54 PM
Barca have dropped 4 points already and against opposition they really should have beaten. But it's not RM who have capitalised on that it's Valencia! On a side note, what a start for Fabregas! 4 goals in 4 league games! Its as if he never left.

Maysun
September 23, 2011, 01:06 AM
Barca have dropped 4 points already and against opposition they really should have beaten. But it's not RM who have capitalised on that it's Valencia! On a side note, what a start for Fabregas! 4 goals in 4 league games! Its as if he never left.

well ibrahimovic started the same 2 seasons back and look where that has ended. :)

al-Sagar
October 10, 2011, 11:29 PM
http://edailystar.com/contents/2011/2011_10_11/content_zoom/2011_10_11_18_4_b.jpg

Banglatiger84
October 11, 2011, 01:05 AM
The best clubs are often better than the best national teams simply because players in the former have a better understanding with each other.

ahnaf
November 26, 2011, 11:49 PM
Lol@barca.. Already six point behind..

ialbd
December 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
might still miss out on the la-liga title.... but el-classico is always ours... Visca Barca...!!!

Alexis Sanchez & Iniesta the heroes of the night....

F6_Turbo
February 12, 2012, 12:52 AM
The paper thin squad is starting to tell. Teams miss 8-9 players, Barca lose a couple and they are falling apart.

ialbd
April 18, 2012, 09:40 AM
Barcelona fans seem quiet (???)...

Barca - Chelsea game should be a treat. Visca Barca !!!!

ialbd
April 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
The better team won.... kudos Chelsea....

a lottttt of work needs to be done at the Camp Nou leg... Barca needs to do a lot of homework. Problem is there is a el-classico before the next leg and that will take the focus away....

mufi_02
April 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
La Liga gone and now Champions league too. Tough year for Barca. The defense and Valdes have been poor. Get a new goalie.

Nadim
April 24, 2012, 03:48 PM
Messi will regret this lose for a long time. can't believe he missed the penalty:o

ahnaf
April 24, 2012, 03:53 PM
im enjoying it.. Hala madrid.. :-P

ialbd
April 24, 2012, 03:59 PM
Messi will regret this lose for a long time. can't believe he missed the penalty:o

indeed he will... but ofcourse no Barcelona fan is putting this on him...

but the bottom line is Congrats Chelsea, the deserving finalist for the CL. Barca tried hard, but wasnt good enough...

this exit doesnt feel bad at all, maybe because these match stats seem way too familiar (inter milan in 2009), and we Barca fans made peace with those 'Almosts' and 'What ifs' back then.

Best of luck to Chelsea, Bayern & Madrid.... may the best team win it all....

Maysun
April 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
End of an era?

Purbasha T
April 24, 2012, 04:09 PM
Crickey!! I actually had played a game on PS3 with Chelsea against Barca just before the kick-off..which had Terry sent off, Ramires scoring the first goal and the game ending 2-2!! Blimey!!!

BengaliPagol
April 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
im enjoying it.. Hala madrid.. :-P

AHAHAHA YEAH REAL MADRID TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!! Inspirational win by Chelsea.

mufi_02
April 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
End of an era?

I don't think so. 2nd in La Liga and Semi Finalist in CL. Other teams would take such record any day. This would be a dream record for teams like Newcastle, Liverpool or others. Guardiola seriously needs to tighten his defense.

Equinox
April 26, 2012, 04:33 PM
Apparently Guardiola is set to resign
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/7707249/Guardiola-to-quit-Barcelona

ialbd
April 26, 2012, 06:28 PM
^^ he has been hinting that for quite a while, but to me the timing isnt right...

but if he decides to leave and not renew the contract its his choice and all the fans/players should be respectful. He has literally done magic for Barca in the last few years and there should be no hard feelings in this moment of farewell...

Bielsa (current Athletic Bilbao manager) is speculated to be the next man in (if Pep leaves and Bielsa agrees that is)....

al-Sagar
April 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Pep Guardiola leaves BARCELONA

al-Sagar
April 27, 2012, 06:54 AM
Tito Vilanova will takover for the rest of the season as caretaker ... ...

Maysun
April 27, 2012, 08:20 AM
Well, sad day for Barcelona but what a great coach he has been.. Bravo!

HereWeGo
April 27, 2012, 08:59 AM
Well, sad day for Barcelona but what a great coach he has been.. Bravo!

Most of the Barca players are product of their academy where the main emphasis is on skills. The Barca side shows what a good academy can do to a team. Pep cannot turn any other team into Barca!! The credit actually goes to the visionary dutchman who made barca academy the way it is now...

Maysun
May 21, 2012, 10:38 AM
FCB taking inspiration from Dhaka Gladiator's jersey for their new away kit :facepalm:

https://p.twimg.com/AtbaL1bCAAMHRr0.jpg

zinatf
May 21, 2012, 10:44 AM
^^^<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EVYx4YqCOh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ialbd
May 21, 2012, 11:05 AM
we pulled off hot fluorescent pink couple of years back..... this flaming orange is nothing :D

Maysun
May 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
Barca kit designers skills are inversely proportional to the Barca players football skills.

Maysun
May 22, 2012, 08:31 AM
No comments!

https://p.twimg.com/AtgIJXVCMAEqp63.jpg

zinatf
May 22, 2012, 09:02 AM
^Much better than the orange one!

Sohel
May 23, 2012, 05:22 AM
Looks like the GP idiot who designed the baby vomit motif for BD/DG kits is now working for Nike! The Sci-Fi type regular kit is somewhat tolerable. I think the other GP idiot who designed the "look Ma, I peed my pants" motif is more focused on the sweat drenched look after landing the job with Nike.

Anyway, Pep's departure while sad, doesn't signal the end of our dominance as the best team in the world. We have home grown depth like no other, and always pick up outsiders who must fit into our ball possession system. Rather than be a team of mercs like Real Madrid with their Fascist/Nazi/Warcriminal affiliations creating widely varied systems with inconsistent results. Coaching is more of a factor for them than it will ever be for us.

Catalunya triomfant, Catalonia triumphant, tornarà a ser rica i plena.
Endarrera aquesta gent, tan ufana i tan superba.
Bon cop de falç!
Bon cop de falç, defensors de la terra!
Bon cop de falç!

Maysun
May 23, 2012, 06:09 AM
Just because Franco supported the club during his reign, and certain board members supported him and 'a sect' of the stands are fascist doesn't mean the club has affiliations with fascism. That's totally absurd and immature. Everyone has their fair share of skeletons in the closet. But to brand an entire institution solely on the acts of a few is wrong.

Part Three: Real Madrid, Franco and the Socio Model (http://equaliserfootball.com/2011/04/19/part-three/)

Sohel
May 23, 2012, 06:22 AM
Real still has high-powered board members openly active in the Falange, including the descendants of Franco, his generals and Primo de Rivera running their respective neo Nazi organizations and actively encouraging neo Nazi hooligans. That's why the decent folks in Madrid support Atletico. I know the area and the football culture there. My late father was the Bangladesh ambassador to France, Spain and Morocco and I spent a LOT of time there.

Catalans and the Basque don't just "drag in" the Franco connection. What happened is unresolved and therefore unforgivable. Much like the Pakistani-Razakar issue here.

Maysun
May 23, 2012, 06:28 AM
So there are only a few decent folks in Madrid?

Sohel
May 23, 2012, 06:31 AM
We're talking about soccer fans here, not the population as a whole. Sadly, many choose not to care and support the mercenary outfit. There would always be fair weather fans awestruck by wealth and power, without caring about the source. Much like many Bangladeshis, luckily still a very small number, don't care about things until it hits them in the face :)

Maysun
May 23, 2012, 06:41 AM
I just find you branding Real Madrid a mercenary outfit based on their history(and as you say, higher board members. care to provide source? because the boards change with every presidential elections) really astonishing.. :)

Enough of trolling on Barca thread!

Sohel
May 23, 2012, 07:05 AM
Trolling? Really? Though not the biggest soccer fan, I've been a Barcelona fan since 1983.Not being an integral part of this PUBLIC thread is irrelevant. BTW, I played High School soccer in Europe and won the ISST gold in soccer with ASP in 1985, my senior year. Later played NCAA soccer during undergrads in the US. Not entirely ignorant of the game.

Take it easy, will you? I'm not the enemy here :)

I understand the intensely bad blood between Barcelona and Real Madrid and share some of those feelings for personal reasons I don't care to go into here. Feel free to do whatever research you want, but hanging-out in their Spanish forums for a couple of months will be enough for you to understand their true class and mindset. Use Babelfish if you don't speak Spanish.

Maysun
May 23, 2012, 07:08 AM
Trolling? Really? Though not the biggest soccer fan, I've been a Barcelona fan since 1983.Not being an integral part of this PUBLIC thread is irrelevant. BTW, I played High School soccer in Europe and won the ISST gold in soccer with ASP in 1985, my senior year. Later played NCAA soccer during undergrads in the US. Not entirely ignorant of the game.

Take it easy, will you? I'm not the enemy here :)

I understand the intensely bad blood between Barcelona and Real Madrid and share some of those feelings for personal reasons I don't care to go into here. Feel free to do whatever research you want, but hanging-out in their Spanish forums for a couple of months will be enough for you to understand the their class and mindset. Use Babelfish if you don't speak Spanish.

Err, I was referring to myself being a Real fan! And I see that, you've played quite a lot of football and I'm in no way defaming your knowledge of the game and your history(which I've noticed is pretty impressive).. :)

Sohel
May 23, 2012, 07:38 AM
^Bro, my view of Real Madrid is in no way related to my view of you or many of their fans like yourself. On the mercs comment, some people like me prefer mostly home grown to acquired players, that's all. Hence the negative attitude towards clubs like Real, Chelsea and nowadays, Man City :)

My bad on the "trolling" part. Feel free to troll away. Makes life more interesting.

Sohel
May 28, 2012, 10:49 PM
Really good read.

Reinventing the wheel: How Guardiola revolutionized football
By Chris Murphy, CNN

(CNN) -- Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola signed off in style on Friday, securing yet another slice of silverware for the Spanish club before embarking on his self-enforced sabbatical.

A 3-0 victory over Athletic Bilbao in the Spanish Cup final saw the all-conquering Catalan coach take his haul of trophies to 14 during his four-year tenure, and even if he decides never to return he will have left an indelible print on the sport.

His final match underlined his approach to the game; the manner of the triumph important as the result. Barca were 3-0 up inside 25 minutes as Athletic were forced to chase shadows, like so many teams that have gone before them.

Guardiola has built on Barca's pure football principles with a totalitarian approach to tiki taka, a style reliant on short passing and dynamic movement, and the results have helped an already successful unit transcend a higher plane.

Guardiola's vision has been enshrined by fellow disciples of Barcelona's famed 'La Masia' youth academy, players like influential Spanish pair Andres Iniesta and Xavi, as well as prolific striker Lionel Messi.

They have helped him deliver three successive Spanish League titles, two European Champions League crowns, two Spanish Cups, two FIFA Club World Cup titles and five further trophies with a soulful swagger that has had many a pundit purring that this is one of the greatest club sides of all time.

Guardiola's masterstroke has been to morph the basics of Barcelona's philosophy into a new style of soccer that has confronted convention, according to Spanish football expert Sid Lowe.

"What Guardiola has done to some extent is challenge some of the truisms and clichés of football, such as defending is about sitting deep and denying space for teams," Lowe told CNN.

"Barcelona have done the opposite, they've gone and looked for teams, defended with possession which teams perhaps haven't done before.

"The challenge, for example, on the use of the word practical or pragmatic, to talk about what is essentially a long ball game, but what could be more pragmatic than winning what Barcelona have won in the last four years?"

Albert Ferrer played with Guardiola during a golden era for Barcelona, when legendary Dutch coach Johan Cruyff led the club to three consecutive league titles and their first European Cup triumph in the early 1990s.

Ferrer believes Guardiola's innovative, progressive approach to the game was born during that period under Cruyff, himself a staunch defender of Barcelona's cherished attacking philosophy.

"Pep tried to play simple football," said Ferrer of his friend, also Catalan born and bred. "He created the philosophy where if you can play an easy pass why would you play a difficult one?

"Barcelona are one of the few teams who always had 70-75% possession in games because of the players they had and the philosophy of keeping the ball. He was very demanding of that -- not giving the ball away.

"All the teams now defend against Barcelona and he had to adapt to those solutions. He didn't always play the same system -- with three defenders or four, playing with a '9' (a traditional striker) or without a '9' -- always making things difficult for the opposition.

"All the movements he created, with the two full backs pushed forward and the center backs very wide, all started with him."

Michael Cox, from the Zonal Marking website, attributes the development of Guardiola's coaching philosophy to how the former Barca captain's own playing career panned out - where there was a general loss of faith in the deep-lying midfield position Guardiola used to occupy in favour of more aggressive midfielders

"He had to leave Barcelona as a player and take quite a big drop down to Brescia (in Italy) because, frankly, no good club wanted a player in that mould. Everyone wanted big battlers deep in midfield, like Patrick Vieira, Edgar Davids, Roy Keane, Claude Makelele.

"Now, he's managed to construct a team featuring four players who looked up to him when they were in the Barcelona youth team: Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas.

"I think almost every big club in Europe has copied Barcelona's way of playing, to a certain extent, in recent years. It's remarkable that that is now the way to play football, considering his struggles towards the end of his playing career as a deep-lying passer."

As ever in the often fickle world of football, Guardiola has his detractors, attributing Guardiola's success as a masterstroke of timing, claiming his tenure conveniently began just as a clutch of great players rolled off the famed Barcelona production line.

And while there may be truth in that argument, Lowe believes it was the way Guardiola allied the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets and Fabregas to his own football philosophy that was more pertinent.

"Guardiola has been the most zealous defender of a certain type of identity -- he hasn't been the creator of that identity," said Lowe.

"There's an almost puritanical conviction about how you've got to do things. That mindset has its flaws but Barcelona stick to it.

"He was absolutely the right man at the right time with the right squad, the right players around him. It has been a culmination of circumstance but without that identity it wouldn't have been as clear or as unshakable."

This unflinching devotion to Barcelona's cause and the all-consuming nature of the job has taken its toll on Guardiola.

As well as his own meticulous nature combined with the weight of responsibility that comes with being Barca manager, another explosive element - Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho - only added to the pressures on the 41-year-old.

"People close to him have said they've been worried about him for a long time," said Lowe. "That he doesn't eat as well, he looks skinnier, he's lost his hair.

"Guardiola has struggled to understand the depth of tension that has been created by this rivalry with Mourinho over the last year. I think he has found that genuinely unpleasant at times and hasn't known how to deal with it.

"I think those things have all come together to put us in a position where Guardiola thinks, 'I've had too much, it just isn't enjoyable any more.'"

In typical Barcelona style, at the press conference to confirm Guardiola's departure, the club announced his erstwhile assistant Tito Vilanova, another pupil of the club's famous school, would replace him.

Ferrer, who describes his former teammate as a relaxed individual, thinks Guardiola is calling time on his Barcelona tenure at just the right time.

"He is the manager who has changed everything," he said. "He's been clever in choosing the moment to leave because in Barcelona he will always be welcome and he can have whatever position in the club he wants."

Guardiola's self-enforced break may only be in its embryonic stages but for those fearful he will be lost to football forever, his comments prior to his final match should provide reassurance that he will be back to reinvent the wheel again before too long.

"For the next months I have to charge my batteries and charge my mind," he said. "I am going to rest and I will wait. I will be ready once a club wants me, if they seduce me I will train again."

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/28/sport/football/football-guardiola-barcelona-messi/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

ialbd
August 23, 2012, 11:35 AM
about time this thread resurfaces.... on the brink of el-classico...

come on Barca fans of BC... lets win it all this time... :)

Mav
August 23, 2012, 11:43 AM
Highlights of the first match of La Liga 2012

<object height="295" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.footytube.com/v/MTI2MjA3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="295" width="480"></object>

ialbd
August 23, 2012, 09:37 PM
Valde's blunder was too embarrassing and almost takes the glory out of the victory. A 3-1 or 4-1 would have given the Barca fans sth to celebrate but with this scoreline its not even close to over. Looking forward to the next leg...

but Iniesta was just superhuman today.... only got to watch few glimpse of the game today and he was as usual phenomenal ...

Sohel
August 29, 2012, 01:56 AM
Way too many Classicos and Mini-Classicos nowadays. Anyway it is interesting to see more and more Bangladeshis living vicariously through teams from La Liga. It used to be pretty much all EPL not so long ago.

ialbd
August 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
Way too many Classicos and Mini-Classicos nowadays. Anyway it is interesting to see more and more Bangladeshis living vicariously through teams from La Liga. It used to be pretty much all EPL not so long ago.

I have seen mostly young Arsenal & Chelsea fans showing their allegiance to Barca/Madrid (not jumping ship but just supporting 2 clubs perhaps).

it makes more sense to support Barca/Madrid than the likes of ManCity, since manCity is their direct competitor. And La-ligas recent marketing success and Spain's recent WC/Euro triumph has only positives to add to it.

p.s: Reminds of an analogy I read somewhere online regarding ManCity. Supporting ManCity is like liking Justin Bieber, you can love them all you want... but just not out in public... (quite true for anywhere outside Manchester)..

Mav
August 29, 2012, 11:52 AM

I still find EPL the most competitive. For someone who likes to bet on sports, EPL is dangerous though. Sometime west ham can play their A game and draw/win against Arsenal. La Liga on the other hand, Barca wins 90%+ of their matches at home, and 80%+ overall. And if you take out Barca, Madrid, Athletico Madrid & Valencia from La liga, the league isnt that exciting.

But Barca is my team !! I got their Flag, home and away jersey, key ring and watched them live once in Dallas.

Mav
August 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
No comments!

https://p.twimg.com/AtgIJXVCMAEqp63.jpg

Yea i dont know how many of you liked it, but for me it's better than the last one. Something I can regularly wear anywhere...:up:

ialbd
August 29, 2012, 12:58 PM
Yea i dont know how many of you liked it, but for me it's better than the last one. Something I can regularly wear anywhere...:up:

yup, definitely getting this one... I always preferred more blue than red on the Barca kits...

ialbd
August 29, 2012, 04:21 PM
Barca hanging by a thread here... 2-1 at half time for Madrid....

Madrid looks super sharp, so does CR/Ozil.... wont feel bad if Barca goes down to this Madrid team... but all to play for in the 2nd half...

Barca's defense remains the problem...

Ajfar
September 2, 2012, 09:54 PM
Man what a goal by Adriano today. Absolutely smoked it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6odw15KgWZw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ialbd
September 15, 2012, 05:02 PM
good 4-1 victory today.... a good 8 points gap with our arch rivals...

we must capitalize on that this season.... visca Barca...

ialbd
September 29, 2012, 05:52 PM
what a comeback.... from 2-0 down... to 3-2 victory against Sevilla.

lucky I must admit (injury time winner is always lucky).... but we'll take it...

Ajfar
September 30, 2012, 08:36 PM
Nice acting Febregas

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tq1H-EytJuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maysun
October 1, 2012, 02:23 AM
Sevilla were robbed. That's it.

ialbd
October 7, 2012, 02:49 PM
2-2 FT against Madrid... defense problem continues... and dont know what happened to Pedro's finishing, seems like he lost it quite a while back..

anyways 3 points from today's game would have added the 'cushion', but now there is no room for slacking....

ialbd
October 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
a very tough win ... 90+4th minute winner.....

Kudos to Celtic, excellent game..

final score Barca 2: Celtic 1

ialbd
November 7, 2012, 04:40 PM
Celtic 2 - Barca 1.... what a way to celebrate the 125th Birthday.... well done Celtic !!!

fantastic keeping by Forster and rock solid defending. I wish Barca's defense was half as decent. Very characteristic Barca defeat though, hitting the woodwork few times, high possession, Dani Alve's futile crossing from the right... seen it all :)

Barca's first defeat in CL group stage in 3 years but this tells a lot about Champions League.. you have to work hard for every point...

patriot
November 8, 2012, 12:40 AM
I had been to Celtic park more than a dozen times and I can bet you even a combined team of Barca-Madrid-Chelsea-Munich will get intimidated by the atmosphere.

Barca needs a point to advance and that should be a walk in the park.

ialbd
November 25, 2012, 05:56 PM
Barca 4 - levante 0

Time to continue this momentum

ialbd
December 12, 2012, 10:07 PM
thats where it begins...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D3U7or5vW8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sohel
December 17, 2012, 08:36 AM
I think we'll see Messi do even better than this and score 100 goals in a season before he retires.

ialbd
December 19, 2012, 09:44 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2012/12/19/3614742/vilanova-to-undergo-six-week-chemotherapy-treatment

Vilanova to undergo 6 weeks treatment following a relapse of his cancer....

Get well soon coach. The whole team and the fans will be praying and waiting for your return... as we know you are a fighter....

This unfortunate incident happened at a very critical time of the season. We really needed Vilanova to guide the team to treble.... xavi puyol messi iniesta all needs to step up their leadership even higher....

Maysun
December 19, 2012, 11:26 PM
Best wishes, Tito!

al-Sagar
December 21, 2012, 02:58 AM
Barca to face AC milan in CL last 16

ialbd
January 30, 2013, 11:12 AM
El Classico starts in few hours from now.... hoping for an exciting game....

even more exciting news for Barca fans in Bangladesh:

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/date/2013-01-30/news/325292

Barca might play an friendly match in Dhaka coming August. Although BFF will have to go a long way to manage funds ($3m+) and other logistics before this happens..

1iram1
January 30, 2013, 01:50 PM
What time is el classico?

ialbd
January 30, 2013, 04:46 PM
3pm EST

salman2510
February 20, 2013, 08:11 PM
We lost 2-0 to Milan tonight in UCL :(

Gladiators
February 21, 2013, 12:11 AM
Khela dekhini(shahbagh :) ) but all the reports this morning say, messi bhalo kheleni. It will be difficult for Barca to turn around a 2 goal deficit, because Milan can score an away goal and kill the tie, but Barca have the ability to do it.

Milan 55 - Barca 45 amar mote atm.

ahnaf
February 21, 2013, 03:00 AM
^ i dont think so.. Its 70-30 now.. Barca need to score atleast two goal but if somehow milan score one in Camp nou they will have to score 4 goal..

salman2510
February 21, 2013, 07:54 PM
Barca will go out all guns blazing and Milan will feel the wrath of Barcelona FC at the Nou Camp

ialbd
March 2, 2013, 11:58 AM
sigh... Barca....

everything good comes to an end I guess....

Gladiators
March 2, 2013, 01:57 PM
sigh... Barca....

everything good comes to an end I guess....

12-13 point lead in the league. They will win La Liga.

Maysun
March 3, 2013, 04:01 AM
12-13 point lead in the league. They will win La Liga.

His post suggested more towards the end of an era

salman2510
March 3, 2013, 11:09 AM
I dont think its an end of an era, think talents like they have need a good guidance

BengaliPagol
March 4, 2013, 02:05 AM
Winning La Liga means nothing if you're not in the running for Copa Del Rey or UCL.

Maysun
March 4, 2013, 03:20 AM
winning la liga means nothing if you're not in the running for copa del rey or ucl.

what?! :-|

BengaliPagol
March 4, 2013, 03:28 AM
what?! :-|

Just echoing my thoughts on what Mourinho said.

salman2510
March 5, 2013, 09:25 AM
Just echoing my thoughts on what Mourinho said.

well stop echoing a [...] !! He is an amazing manager ON THE PITCH !! OFF THE PITCH he doesn't know what he is talking about !! and tonight he meets our SIR !! as usual he will learn a few more things from him !! I don't think he forgot the 8-0 thrashing Barca gave him not too long ago !!

BengaliPagol
March 6, 2013, 04:28 AM
well stop echoing a [...] !! He is an amazing manager ON THE PITCH !! OFF THE PITCH he doesn't know what he is talking about !! and tonight he meets our SIR !! as usual he will learn a few more things from him !! I don't think he forgot the 8-0 thrashing Barca gave him not too long ago !!

And winning El Classico two times in the same week (one time was with a reserve grade) and also beating Man Utd isn't good enough?

parvez
March 12, 2013, 01:31 PM
Winning La Liga means nothing if you're not in the running for Copa Del Rey or UCL.

True, la liga is not a class. That doesn't count as success without any UCL trophy. Serie A and Bundesliga are far more superior than la liga in quality. Specially serie A is best in tactical and technical football. Even EPL is much better than la liga which is the very noisy and most over hyped league in the world. I'm not talking about Barcelona or Real Madrid, they are really best in there.

I'm looking forward to a win or draw by AC Milan tonight:)

Ajfar
March 12, 2013, 01:58 PM
The train stops here for Barca this season. Go AC Milan!

ialbd
March 12, 2013, 04:38 PM
we badly needed this.....

enjoyed the game right at work with couple of fellow cules.... :)

Visca Barcaaa .........!!!!

Jadukor
March 12, 2013, 08:23 PM
Great going Barca!

Gladiators
March 12, 2013, 11:28 PM
His post suggested more towards the end of an era

ekhon dekhlen toh, why I questioned his post

-no ending of eras
-no team falling apart

-winners of la liga
-on track for CL

ialbd
April 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
narrow escape against PSG.... Messi clearly wasnt fit (never seen him ambling 5 mins into the game) and wasnt much better than Cesc (minus the assist) but he had to be physically present to motivate others... so good call Tito....

but I cant even think of words to express how disappointed I am with the defense. almost every attack goes through..... sigh....

ahnaf
April 10, 2013, 11:57 PM
Lucky barca.. PSG were better in both leg.. Its their finishing that let them down

BengaliPagol
April 11, 2013, 05:05 AM
Was rooting for PSG. They were the better looking side.

ialbd
April 11, 2013, 09:57 AM
Lucky barca.. PSG were better in both leg.. Its their finishing that let them down

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

PSG were lucky too, both the goals they scored in Paris had a whole lot of luck (offside & Valdes blunder)... so saying 'PSG were better in both legs' is a stretch...

ialbd
April 21, 2013, 04:30 PM
Didnt know Iceman was a fellow cule.... :)

http://paimages.prothom-alo.com/resize/maxDim/340x1000/img/uploads/media/2013/04/21/2013-04-21-19-26-18-51743d5ac1200-untitled-16.jpg

BengaliPagol
April 21, 2013, 07:35 PM
So is Mushy.

ialbd
April 23, 2013, 03:32 PM
Outplayed.... and there is no shame admitting it. With this defense any further than semi-final would have been an insult to football. We had this coming.

Once again thoroughly outplayed by a superior side, cant even imagine where Guardiola will take the Bavarians next season. :notworthy:

Visca Barca....

Ajfar
April 23, 2013, 04:07 PM
I thought it was going to be 2-0, but 4-0. Damn. Well this is the end. Coming back from 4-0 against Bayern ain't happening.

reverse_swing
April 23, 2013, 04:40 PM
Rule #1: Never underestimate the Germans!

BD_TigerZ
April 24, 2013, 12:27 AM
Never wanted to say this...this is the end of the golden era..:(

BengaliPagol
April 24, 2013, 01:08 AM
It should be Madrid vs Bayern UCL final

Maysun
April 24, 2013, 01:23 AM
It should be Madrid vs Bayern UCL final

No, a fitting finale would be Bayern vs Dortmund and the Gotze showdown vs his future club, going to Bayern for somewhere around 35m. But hoping for that would be insulting for me, so yes, a Bayern-Madrid final and us thrashing them to win our La Decima. :up:

That being said, Idk what is up with Roura, giving excuses for ref irregularities. Granted that they scored from an offside, but if he wants to go there, Bayern had two clear penalties not given for handball, and the end result could have potentially been, 6-0! :lol:

Jadukor
April 24, 2013, 01:32 AM
There will be red card early in the second leg and BM will go down 4-0. In the penalties Lahm is going to shoot over the post setting up Barca Madrid final

Equinox
May 26, 2013, 07:14 AM
Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Neymar.

Isnaad
May 26, 2013, 07:20 AM

Finally. Will be interesting to see if he becomes a regular in the XI.

BD_TigerZ
May 26, 2013, 07:30 AM
Being a glory hunter as they say I hope Fabregas goes back to the Gunners..:( can see him anywhere but the bench anytime soon..Same goes for song..What was he thinking..(money)

ahnaf
May 26, 2013, 11:48 AM
Finally. Will be interesting to see if he becomes a regular in the XI.

if? :p are you serious? He didnot came here to warm bench.. Whether he can deliever or not thats the question..

ialbd
May 26, 2013, 02:33 PM

sigh... now I have to pretend that I like this guy for the next 5 years... :-|

oh well... as long as he delivers half of what the world expects of him I am happy... since we didnt quite break the bank to get him (28m for a 5 year deal is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be).

and I think all the Barca fans are happy that this didnt drag on for the entire summer and now we can focus on the real problem... finding CBs and a goalie.

hummel, thiago silva? is ter stegen the right one to replace valdes?

ahnaf
May 26, 2013, 11:54 PM

oh well... as long as he delivers half of what the world expects of him I am happy... since we didnt quite break the bank to get him (28m for a 5 year deal is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be).

and I think all the Barca fans are happy that this didnt drag on for the entire summer and now we can focus on the real problem... finding CBs and a goalie.

actually that 27m only for santos.. A third party owns 40% of him.. How much they got,we will never know (i.e. Tevez transfer)..

BengaliPagol
May 27, 2013, 04:45 AM
He should have went to Madrid. His style of play won't correspond with Barca's style of play.

BD_TigerZ
May 27, 2013, 05:10 AM
He should have went to Madrid. His style of play won't correspond with Barca's style of play.

"The one who succeeds in Barca is the one who passes" - Iniesta

ahnaf
May 27, 2013, 11:01 AM

actually that 27m only for santos.. A third party owns 40% of him.. How much they got,we will never know (i.e. Tevez transfer)..

apparently barca have to pay around 60-70m in total...:-p

BengaliPagol
May 28, 2013, 03:41 AM
Messi will not be happy with Neymar trying to hog the spotlight.

Maysun
May 28, 2013, 04:19 AM

27m to Santos, 9m to the 3-4 agents, 30m to Neymar, another 4m for 2 friendlies.

And the reason it is only valued at 27m is because, he was on his last year of his Santos contract.

ahnaf
May 28, 2013, 08:18 AM
^ add another 10m that was given to his father in advance..

Maysun
May 28, 2013, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah, his dad!

ialbd
May 28, 2013, 10:07 AM
yea... indeed its more than 27m for the transfer fee (players wages are separate).... although no one will officially know about these 'undisclosed fees' and the figures vary from website to website...

for e.g dont know how accurate it is, according to an article in goal.com, Madrid's offer for Neymar was just double of what Barca offered (total package of 120m+). Who knows up next is probably an article on Monaco's secret 200m offer...

Anyways... hardly seen a Barca fan excited about this as Neymar doesnt solve any of the existing problems, but marketing/PR & merchandising wise Neymar will make money for the club (imagine Barca playing that friendly in BD as BFF was planning, Brazil/Argentina fans combined will flood the stadium)...

ialbd
June 1, 2013, 01:51 PM
good finish to the season.... equaling the 100 points record !!!!!

ialbd
August 19, 2013, 07:40 PM
7-0.... not a bad start at all.... :)

But not signing a new CB is still making the Barca fans uncomfortable...